TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Quality kinda sucks but OH MAN

EDIT: Actual trailer uploaded. GG Marvel.

This looks potentially real damn good. Great trailer too gave me the shivers. James Spader sounds badass as Ultron. And that Hulkbuster suit! Guardians and Cap 2 might have some competition for best Marvel movie.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Huh. Yeah, OK. It's more modern Marvel so I'm down for that, wish I was more excited though. James Spader seems like a good choice.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

HULK BUSTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@theht said:

HULK BUSTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Haha that's exactly what I was going to say.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That blond guy is Quicksilver and the girl is Scarlet Witch, I presume.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Everything about this seems amazing. Also, who the fuck is Andy Serkis supposed to be? Or rather, what are the current theories if there are any?

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I kinda wish they held the Hulk Buster suit for when it was out but I am glad it is there. Would have been a cool surprise.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That looks like something to be excited about.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you would've told me 10 years ago that Marvel would be the biggest franchise going by far, I probably wouldn't believe you.

It baffles me that not only have they not fucked up yet, they only seem to be getting better. Disney sure made a good decision when they bought them.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess this is the dark middle chapter. Still kinda feeling the good vibes of GoG, not ready for all this dark shit in Avengers 2 and Batman v Superman.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So I'm not really a comic book guy but I know the basics.

Who is Ultron and what is his shtick? Like his unique power/ability whatever.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Artificial intelligence with robotic body; abilities vary with each redesign but generally include extreme durability and energy projection.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fredchuckdave

James Spader basically has superpowers (the power of plot macguffins) on the Blacklist so why not? What happened to Thanos?

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Junkboy

Spader is amazing, really can't wait till civil war and hope the Sony rumors about spider man are true. Without spidey civil war just won't be anywhere near as good, so really hoping Sony and them do us fans a solid.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He puts a suit on top of his other suit? Well that's fucking dumb...

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if they'll tie in some incredible plot point on how Ultron was previously Red Reddington/Robert California.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really awesome trailer. I am interested in the roles Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver will play though.

Hulk was easily my favorite part (and biggest surprise) in the first movie. Looking good so far

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0 said:

Spader is amazing, really can't wait till civil war and hope the Sony rumors about spider man are true. Without spidey civil war just won't be anywhere near as good, so really hoping Sony and them do us fans a solid.

Hopefully it won't be what's-his-face playing Spider-Man. Hell, I wouldn't want to see the new guy or Tobey Maguire reprise the role if Spidey ever got into a Marvel movie.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Milkman

Kind of over all this superhero stuff but that was great trailer and James Spader can not and will not be denied.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mrfluke

James Spader is PERFECT as Ultron.

but like Ultron looks like the Didact from Halo 4.

Looks like the team really is gettng disbanded after this movie it seems.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I'm digging the dark middle chapter vibes.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Thanos is supposed to be the focus of the 3rd Avengers movie co-starring the Guardians of the Galaxy...after their 2nd movie and bunch of others falling in between Avengers 2 and 3.

Trailer looks good. Love the Hulk.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOOM! That looks amazing!

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By donchipotle

I did not like the first one all that much and I also don't like Joss Whedon's writing style. So my excitement for this movie is...on the low scale.

But fuck if James Spader doesn't sound menacing as shit.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see Marvel has a sense of humor about the leak haha

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's The Vision?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Sackmanjones

Yeah, I'll see this movie. On one hand their are a TON of super hero movies now and I feel a bit fatigued but damn most of them are fine films. The only sore thumb for me is both Thor films and Iron Man 2. Other than that these movies range from good to fantastic.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That blond guy is Quicksilver and the girl is Scarlet Witch, I presume.

Yup.

Man am I so hyped for this. Saw the article for this being leaked on Polygon and nearly pooped myself. From the trailer, it really does seem like we're going into the Civil War with everyone fighting each other in this movie. Only 6 months to go. 6 months I have to survive.

Long.

Months.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O_O

That was pretty cool. Can't wait for the HD real version of this trailer.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gokaired

No Caption Provided

Don't tell me I was the only one who thought of this? And it's quite ironic too.

Anyway. HULKBUSTER!!

WrathOfGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know the fickle internet tide has turned against the Avengers, but for my money, it's still the best superhero movie out there. And I've seen 'em all.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheHT

@awesomeusername: There's talk that Cap 3 might set up Civil War, what with Robert Downey Jr. purportedly having a much larger role than previously thought.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my biggest gripes with the last Avengers film was how sterile NYC looked in the film. From the early scenes it looks like there's more activity there in-between the Hulk and Iron Man Hulkbuster fight. Ultron looks super cool, really good trailer to get folks excited for Avenger 2. On a side note the actors who portray Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were husband and wife in Godzilla. Just saying, but that's some movie filled fake incest right there.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has uploaded the trailer.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for gristlemcthornbody
GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo: Only thing I've heard about Serkis' involvement is that he coached Ruffalo on how to get the most out of his Hulk mo-cap performance. Maybe he did the Ultron mo-cap as well though?

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darek006 said:

I know the fickle internet tide has turned against the Avengers, but for my money, it's still the best superhero movie out there. And I've seen 'em all.

I wouldn't say "turned against" but Guardians did humor, character, and catharthis better than Avengers and Winter Soldier did action, intrigue, and story better. The lesson if anything is Marvel movies by and large seem to be getting better. Not a bad thing.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my biggest gripes with the last Avengers film was how sterile NYC looked in the film. From the early scenes it looks like there's more activity there in-between the Hulk and Iron Man Hulkbuster fight. Ultron looks super cool, really good trailer to get folks excited for Avenger 2. On a side note the actors who portray Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were husband and wife in Godzilla. Just saying, but that's some movie filled fake incest right there.

Yup. Noticed it immediately when they were first casted. I always refer to their roles in Godzilla to people when telling them who's playing Quiksilver and Scarlet. You know what they say, incest wincest.

Sorry.

@theht said:

@awesomeusername: There's talk that Cap 3 might set up Civil War, what with Robert Downey Jr. purportedly having a much larger role than previously thought.

I know, I'm just pointing out that this is probably going to be where everyone picks sides by the end. Cap 3 will definitely be the start of it if we really do get the Civil War. It seems really weird to start a Civil War storyline though with how many characters we have at the moment, unless they just throw a ton of superheroes/villains into Cap 3 just so it could look like each side has a bunch of people. It'd be better to start that story after they whoop Thanos ass in Avengers 3. I mean, why start the Civil War, then go into what's most likely a solo Doctor Strange movie, then Thor 3(?) and probably another new character. I don't know, I kind of hope the Civil War doesn't happen because if it does, it'll probably be done by Avengers 3 when they fight Thanos because they can't beat him split up.This is all me assuming what's going to happen. Starting a Civil War story doesn't seem like such a great idea to me, but what the hell do I know?

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tyrrael

@monkeyman04: It seems like Marvel just said, "Oh fuck it," and released a high quality video, since most people were going to see it anyway.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@babychoochoo said:

Everything about this seems amazing. Also, who the fuck is Andy Serkis supposed to be? Or rather, what are the current theories if there are any?

No idea, but seeing him in the trailer was pretty rad.

@awesomeusername said:

@i_stay_puft said:

Yup. Noticed it immediately when they were first casted. I always refer to their roles in Godzilla to people when telling them who's playing Quiksilver and Scarlet. You know what they say, incest wincest.

Sorry.

@theht said:

I know, I'm just pointing out that this is probably going to be where everyone picks sides by the end. Cap 3 will definitely be the start of it if we really do get the Civil War. It seems really weird to start a Civil War storyline though with how many characters we have at the moment, unless they just throw a ton of superheroes/villains into Cap 3 just so it could look like each side has a bunch of people. It'd be better to start that story after they whoop Thanos ass in Avengers 3. I mean, why start the Civil War, then go into what's most likely a solo Doctor Strange movie, then Thor 3(?) and probably another new character. I don't know, I kind of hope the Civil War doesn't happen because if it does, it'll probably be done by Avengers 3 when they fight Thanos because they can't beat him split up.This is all me assuming what's going to happen. Starting a Civil War story doesn't seem like such a great idea to me, but what the hell do I know?

I kinda wonder if Cap ends up dead at the end of the Civil War arc. Apparently Chris Evans wants to get out of acting once he's done with the Cap and Avengers movies so I could see that as a possible ending somewhere. Then Bucky takes over or something.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darek006 said:

I wouldn't say "turned against" but Guardians did humor, character, and catharthis better than Avengers and Winter Soldier did action, intrigue, and story better. The lesson if anything is Marvel movies by and large seem to be getting better. Not a bad thing.

They're still so soulless though. They all feel like they were written by a boardroom full of businessmen using some kind of action movie erector set, Guardians being the sole exception.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woo! Official trailer is out which means higher quality which means it's time to watch it a 5th time.

I have a problem.

I'm avoiding everything for this movie from here on out. I want The Vision to be a surprise when I watch it in theaters. Hopefully he's actually his green android self and not some AI computer. Yellow underwear, cape and all.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

So I guess MCU Ultron is Stark's creation, not Pym's? I was wondering about that, especially since Ant-Man comes out after Avengers 2.

@gokaired: Pretty sure it's an overt reference. Not sure I catch the irony?

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GnaTSoL

This whole superhero movie takeover I'm really lovin. I just hope this leads to other studios dabbling with the subject, maybe even creating some totally original content. That would be cool.

This is all very cool. I feel like a kid again being introduced to the newest villain of dbz all over again. Awesome stuff.

I just hope this Avengers aint as silly as the first. The first was great but felt too much like a saturday morning cartoon episode. Maybe cause I couldn't really take Loki serious after a bit....

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@babychoochoo: Would not be surprised if Andy Serkis was doing the motion capture for Hulk. From what I remember in the first Avengers film Hulk had a very ape like quality in his movement in some of his scenes.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Another point on that matter is Paul Rudd is suppose to be portraying Scott Lang a two bit criminal who steals the ant-man technology from Hank Pym (Michael Douglas). I'm sure Michael Douglas is at the age that he won't be appearing in any action scenes but wouldn't be surprised if he makes a cameo appearance in some way in the new Avengers 2 film. But from early indications from the trailer I do agree it looks like a Tony Stark creation.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

James Spader basically has superpowers (the power of plot macguffins) on the Blacklist so why not? What happened to Thanos?

Thanos is what Avengers 3 and potentially 4 are going to be about. There is a rumor that the Avengers movie after Age of Ultron is going to be separated into two movies.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Legion_

@theht said:

@awesomeusername: There's talk that Cap 3 might set up Civil War, what with Robert Downey Jr. I don't know, I kind of hope the Civil War doesn't happen because if it does, it'll probably be done by Avengers 3 when they fight Thanos because they can't beat him split up.This is all me assuming what's going to happen. Starting a Civil War story doesn't seem like such a great idea to me, but what the hell do I know?

No man, it's the other way around. Captain America 3 will set up the Civil War storyline, but it won't start in earnest until after Avengers 3. At that point we'll have these guys:

• Iron Man
  • Captain America
  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Doctor Strange
  • Ant Man
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Hawkeye
  • War Machine/Iron Patriot
  • Black Widow
  • Nick Fury
  • Winter Soldier
  • Quicksilver
  • Falcon
  • Vision

Now, some of those aren't super heroes per se, but they'll definetly be in the mix somehow. On top of that, you got all the dudes from Guardians of the Galaxy and the Thor films, as well as heroes and villains introduced in the TV-series. Not to mention you'll get a ton of more movies and new characters will be introduced all the way through The Avengers 3. I think they'll have plenty to pick from in the coming years.

Edit: The Inhumans are getting a major push in comic books this days. We all know what that means! Bet that'll be the way they introduce a shit ton of mutant characters.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ichthy

Body made out of the same indestructible shit as Wolverine's claws, although I'm guessing what with rights issues that detail is going to be omitted.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Legion_

@awesomeusername said:

Woo! Official trailer is out which means higher quality which means it's time to watch it a 5th time.

I have a problem.

I'm avoiding everything for this movie from here on out. I want The Vision to be a surprise when I watch it in theaters. Hopefully he's actually his green android self and not some AI computer. Yellow underwear, cape and all.

I noticed that the dude who voices The Vision is the same dude that voices Jarvis. Maybe Jarvis goes sentient?

Edit: Joss Whedon and Robert Downey Junior talk about it right here.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda think Avengers should be a trilogy. I kinda think at some point RDJ and a few others are probably going to want to take a break or do something else for a bit, so 2 (equally valid) options are to let this thing take a rest after Avengers 3 or keep going but kill off some major characters like Iron Man and Cap. Curious what Disney would allow.