Backlog: The Return

angularbanjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

Edited By angularbanjo

I've got a bunch of new games on my shelf, some new titles I've got high hopes for, some potentially entertaining games I've picked up on sale. Time to get an overview with a new round of play-to-the-first-blip action. 

First up: 

Game 1: Wolfenstein. Now that's an old school shooter intro. The premise of this game is, of course, totally ridiculous, but the action seems very satisfying. Can't wait to blast through this. Got my first achievement 18 minutes in for shooting three mysteriously floating enemies. 

Game 2: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Apparently, Ray McCall can take all the bullets in the world, but drop down three feet, and: "Failure! You are dead." This game has an unfamiliar cover system that takes a little getting used to. Quite stingy with the achievements, too. A few seconds past the 29-minute mark, I shot an enemy through a wall, and got the None Shall Hide achievement. Here's hoping the actual western part of the game is better than the civil war introduction.

Game 3: The Beatles: Rock Band. I just bought this today, on launch. Still added it to my backlog pile, had to get an achievement or two in for launch day. Feel a bit cheated now, though - it only took 1:40 to reach the end of the calibration adjustment and get my first 5G. Need to play a few songs before I move on.   

Edit: I couldn't stop playing The Beatles: Rock Band. It's amazing. Went for the Day Tripper achievement in my first go-around. Can't wait to play it with friends. 

Game 4: Dark Sector. Low expectations. Old game dressed up in Unreal Engine 3. The prologue, and with it, the first achievement, took about half an hour. Wonder what this game was like before they made it a Gears clone. Thank God I didn't pay a lot of money for this. The glaive looks like fun, though. If I ever totally run out of games, I might play this some more.

Game 5: Tomb Raider Underworld. That was weird. Prologue, 10 minutes. This seems pretty solid. I'm gonna have to play through both Legend and Underworld some day. Today is DiRT 2 day, though. 

OK, one more. 

Game 6: Batman: Arkham Asylum. Based on reviews, I feel I should set aside some time to do this right. It's too bright in my living room now, though. First achievement: Freeflow Combo 5. First fight after the intro.

angularbanjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By angularbanjo

I've got a bunch of new games on my shelf, some new titles I've got high hopes for, some potentially entertaining games I've picked up on sale. Time to get an overview with a new round of play-to-the-first-blip action. 

First up: 

Game 1: Wolfenstein. Now that's an old school shooter intro. The premise of this game is, of course, totally ridiculous, but the action seems very satisfying. Can't wait to blast through this. Got my first achievement 18 minutes in for shooting three mysteriously floating enemies. 

Game 2: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Apparently, Ray McCall can take all the bullets in the world, but drop down three feet, and: "Failure! You are dead." This game has an unfamiliar cover system that takes a little getting used to. Quite stingy with the achievements, too. A few seconds past the 29-minute mark, I shot an enemy through a wall, and got the None Shall Hide achievement. Here's hoping the actual western part of the game is better than the civil war introduction.

Game 3: The Beatles: Rock Band. I just bought this today, on launch. Still added it to my backlog pile, had to get an achievement or two in for launch day. Feel a bit cheated now, though - it only took 1:40 to reach the end of the calibration adjustment and get my first 5G. Need to play a few songs before I move on.   

Edit: I couldn't stop playing The Beatles: Rock Band. It's amazing. Went for the Day Tripper achievement in my first go-around. Can't wait to play it with friends. 

Game 4: Dark Sector. Low expectations. Old game dressed up in Unreal Engine 3. The prologue, and with it, the first achievement, took about half an hour. Wonder what this game was like before they made it a Gears clone. Thank God I didn't pay a lot of money for this. The glaive looks like fun, though. If I ever totally run out of games, I might play this some more.

Game 5: Tomb Raider Underworld. That was weird. Prologue, 10 minutes. This seems pretty solid. I'm gonna have to play through both Legend and Underworld some day. Today is DiRT 2 day, though. 

OK, one more. 

Game 6: Batman: Arkham Asylum. Based on reviews, I feel I should set aside some time to do this right. It's too bright in my living room now, though. First achievement: Freeflow Combo 5. First fight after the intro.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By azteris

I wish my backlog was only 6 games.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By armaan8014

Backlogs scare me.. and a LOT more games that are gonna release soon scare me more!

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ahriman22

Maybe I should stop spending thousands every month on microphones, cymbals, drums and headphones and maybe buy moar games. I have a HUGE library consisting of 2 games! L4D and Gears 2. Don't remember what PS3 games I have... You lucky you.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By teh_destroyer
@Azteris said:
" I wish my backlog was only 6 games. "
I agree, I was just staring at the 12+ 360 games I have yet to beat.
Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fenixrevolution
@Angularbanjo: You should definitely save Batman: AA for last out of those games imo. I've heard good things about the The Beatles Rock Band though.
angularbanjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By angularbanjo
@Azteris said:
" I wish my backlog was only 6 games. "
You should read my blog posts from when I did a backlog roundup the last time, that was 21 games. I've got a bunch of games for a bunch of other systems still on my backlog, but withouth the achievements it's hard to know how to play them in small chunks and write about it.  

Brain being racked as we speak.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Snipzor

I don't have backlogs, lucky me I guess.

angularbanjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By angularbanjo
@fenixREVOLUTION: I really wanted to go out with Batman and play that through, but then DiRT 2 came out, and I spent all night playing that. It's not the worst problem to have. Last time I did a long backlog session, I ended up putting 15+ hours into Dead Space. That was pretty sweet.