Bailouts, Our Money, and Firearms

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Edited By BiG_Weasel

You know, I've been thinking. AIG owns the leading company, American General. American General is known far and wide as being just a smidge shy of becoming a loan shark. AIG, as everyone in the world knows, has been kept afloat by federal tax dollars. Despite not being able to maintain its own livelyhood, AIG has paid hundreds of millions of dollars out to employees as "bonuses" meant to retain their services.

Here's where I draw the line. In my righteous opinion, if my lender is doing shady business practices, fails and is then supported by tax money that I pay in every year- I consider my loan from them fulfilled. Done. I take my car, house, what have you, and we're done.

Its the same with the banks that abused their station to prey on people who could not afford a home. They hype it up, get these people excited, and within a few years their rates adjust upwards out of their budget, and then the whole economy goes to hell.

I think its time for every tax payer in the US to stand up and say, "Screw you, corporate America. You abused your power. You became greedy, predatory, and blind to consumers' needs. You made bets you should not have and lost, and now you expect *me*, the citizen, to keep you afloat? Fine, if that's how you want it- the majority of your employees are deserving of the job and compensation they receive. But consider any and all debt I have to you paid in full since you're taking *my* tax money to remain in businesses. We're done here. If you don't like it, tough. Take it up with my friends Mr. Smith & Mr. Wesson."

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By BiG_Weasel

You know, I've been thinking. AIG owns the leading company, American General. American General is known far and wide as being just a smidge shy of becoming a loan shark. AIG, as everyone in the world knows, has been kept afloat by federal tax dollars. Despite not being able to maintain its own livelyhood, AIG has paid hundreds of millions of dollars out to employees as "bonuses" meant to retain their services.

Here's where I draw the line. In my righteous opinion, if my lender is doing shady business practices, fails and is then supported by tax money that I pay in every year- I consider my loan from them fulfilled. Done. I take my car, house, what have you, and we're done.

Its the same with the banks that abused their station to prey on people who could not afford a home. They hype it up, get these people excited, and within a few years their rates adjust upwards out of their budget, and then the whole economy goes to hell.

I think its time for every tax payer in the US to stand up and say, "Screw you, corporate America. You abused your power. You became greedy, predatory, and blind to consumers' needs. You made bets you should not have and lost, and now you expect *me*, the citizen, to keep you afloat? Fine, if that's how you want it- the majority of your employees are deserving of the job and compensation they receive. But consider any and all debt I have to you paid in full since you're taking *my* tax money to remain in businesses. We're done here. If you don't like it, tough. Take it up with my friends Mr. Smith & Mr. Wesson."

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Snipzor

You can blame Geitner for this, he made it specific that there be no rules made against the bonus payments. Yes it is I, Snipzor the libtard, placing some blame on secretary of treasury. But is it any shock that they did this? Capitalism is a game of greed, and nobody can stop the people up top from doing shit like this. That's where the gov't steps in, but they were too late.

I'm in support of taxing those bonuses 100%.