• 158 results
#1 Posted by Seppli (9740 posts) -

I don't know much, but I predict a Middle Eastern country getting the nuclear beatdown for a yet to be determined reason (likely for messin' with Israel). That is all of note.

I base this assumption on a fireworks display at the DNC '08 in Denver Colorado.

You guys got any crazy predictions for what historical events gonna go down in 'Bama's America?

#2 Edited by guiseppe (2833 posts) -

Like I always say, no matter who wins, it all goes to shit anyway. I'm not an american citizen, but that goes for politics everywhere.

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9738 posts) -

Republicans still have the House, and with Speaker Boehner in charge, I don't see anything changing.

The problems with current US politics are in Congress, not the presidency.

#4 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Huge crisis on the Korean Peninsula.

#5 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Dropping the "O" in every word from the English vocabulary.

#6 Posted by Karkarov (2622 posts) -

They go to shit fast, just like they did over the last 4.

#7 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1783 posts) -

Shit will stay mostly the same no matter how much people think it's changed.

#8 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

Expect more of the same shitty gridlock in Congress with Obama compromising away most of his promises in more failed attempts of "bipartisanship". At least I won't have to worry about the country going to complete shit real fast under that corporate robot, Romney. Gotta love this country.

#9 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Doom

#10 Posted by WickedFather (1713 posts) -

@JZ said:

Doom

Quake

#11 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -
@WickedFather said:

@JZ said:

Doom

Quake

Unreal Tournament
#12 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Battle Royale

#13 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

More Call of Duty.

#14 Posted by Twinsun (462 posts) -

Thank god Romney didn't win, he had some really scary people behind him, and I shudder to think what they might have used their influence for.

#15 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4669 posts) -

Half-Life 3

#16 Posted by Inquisitor_Sif (58 posts) -

Command & Conquer: Zero Hour.

#17 Posted by Catarrhal (813 posts) -

No president is a goddamn savior; never will be.

#18 Edited by TruthTellah (7641 posts) -

@Seppli:

• The President and Congress will finally settle on the most minimal debt reduction plan possible, avoiding the fiscal cliff,
  • Israel may or may not do a surgical strike on Iranian nuclear facilities within the next year,
  • Iran will continue to see crippling economic sanctions that may eventually bring them to accept a nuclear fuel trading program in exchange for giving up local enrichment,
  • the Bush tax cuts will expire for those making over $200k a year,
  • tensions will continue to mount in East Asia with China, Japan, and Korea upping the ante on territorial and cultural provocations,
  • President Obama will get some form of immigration reform, with possible nods to border security and a guest worker program,
  • the US economy will continue to rebound a bit as housing sees big gains in 2013, followed by a half a year to a year-long rough patch, before once again slowly improving,
  • Japan will see an ever-growing push to get off nuclear power, exacerbating continued issues with finding a consistent prime minister,
  • US troops will mostly leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014 and Afghanistan will still struggle to find some semblance of peace,
  • China will start to publicly struggle more with social unrest and work to distract the public as much as possible from a slowing economy and growing unemployment,
  • multiple domestic terrorist attacks will be thwarted while some attacks overseas similar to the one on the Libya consulate will increase concerns over the stability and legitimacy of fledgling reform governments in the Middle East,
  • global climate change will see even greater prominence in the news as new energy initiatives are pushed around the world, except for in China,
  • Syria's Assad regime will fall, leaving a void that local militias will struggle to fill, making Turkey and Israel more nervous than ever,
  • Germany will continue to grow its influence in the European Union and pressure leaders to establish more long term plans for maintaining fiscal strength,
  • and people in developed and developing countries will have further concerns over the direction of global finance and conflicts arising in our currency and oil markets.

That's all I've got.

#19 Posted by KaneRobot (1266 posts) -

@Twinsun said:

Thank god Romney didn't win, he had some really scary people behind him, and I shudder to think what they might have used their influence for.

Meanwhile, Obama's Family Fun Rainbow White House Yay has absolutely no shady people involved and is a completely clean, on the up-and-up part of American Politics. Everything is baseball and apple pie.

#20 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

@ssj4raditz said:

@WickedFather said:

@JZ said:

Doom

Quake

Unreal Tournament

Hexen?

#21 Posted by SlashDance (1758 posts) -

@FiestaUnicorn said:

@ssj4raditz said:

@WickedFather said:

@JZ said:

Doom

Quake

Unreal Tournament

Hexen?

Sin!

#22 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

@SlashDance said:

@FiestaUnicorn said:

@ssj4raditz said:

@WickedFather said:

@JZ said:

Doom

Quake

Unreal Tournament

Hexen?

Sin!

Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M?

#23 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1123 posts) -

@FiestaUnicorn said:

@SlashDance said:

@FiestaUnicorn said:

@ssj4raditz said:

@WickedFather said:

@JZ said:

Doom

Quake

Unreal Tournament

Hexen?

Sin!

Duke Nukem 3D

#24 Posted by Seppli (9740 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

@Seppli:

• The President and Congress will finally settle on the most minimal debt reduction plan possible, avoiding the fiscal cliff,
  • Israel may or may not do a surgical strike on Iranian nuclear facilities within the next year,
  • Iran will continue to see crippling economic sanctions that may eventually bring them to accept a nuclear fuel trading program in exchange for giving up local enrichment,
  • tensions will continue to mount in East Asia with China, Japan, and Korea upping the ante on territorial and cultural provocations,
  • President Obama will get some form of immigration reform, with possible nods to border security and a guest worker program,
  • the US economy will continue to rebound a bit as housing sees big gains in 2013, followed by a half a year to a year-long rough patch, before once again slowly improving,
  • Japan will see an ever-growing push to get off nuclear power, exacerbating continued issues with finding a consistent prime minister,
  • US troops will mostly leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014 and Afghanistan will still struggle to find some semblance of peace,
  • China will start to publicly struggle more with social unrest and work to distract the public as much as possible from a slowing economy and growing unemployment,
  • multiple domestic terrorist attacks will be thwarted while some attacks overseas similar to the one on the Libya consulate will increase concerns over the stability and legitimacy of fledgling reform governments in the Middle East,
  • global climate change will see even greater prominence in the news as new energy initiatives are pushed around the world, except for in China,
  • Syria's Assad regime will fall, leaving a void that local militias will struggle to fill, making Turkey and Israel more nervous than ever,
  • Germany will continue to grow its influence in the European Union and pressure leaders to establish more long term plans for maintaining fiscal strength,
  • and people in developed and developing countries will have further concerns over the direction of global finance and conflicts arising in our currency and oil markets.

That's all I've got.

Didn't expect such an enlightening and informative post. Great read - I feel confident that I can tune out the world for the next 4 years and play videogames now. I'll check back in 4 years to get another update on world events from you. Keep up the good work!

#25 Posted by TruthTellah (7641 posts) -
@Seppli haha. Sure thing. The world and I will still be here in 4 years. :)
#26 Posted by colubroid (39 posts) -

Drones, drones and more drones.

#27 Posted by Atlas (2400 posts) -

Wait, the Crimson Tide haven't won the BCS National title yet, have they? Did I fall asleep in November and wake up in January? Again?

#29 Posted by Demoskinos (13853 posts) -

Obviously the world is going to end. Its obviously Obama's fault I lost that CTF match in Halo 4 Las night.

#30 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

More incredibly inefficient and entangled politics.

#31 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -

Well, we're getting a 51st state so that's going to be pretty dope.

Also weed is being legalized in a few places.

And Donald Trump has lost his mind.

So, all in all, not much.

#32 Posted by Bwast (1334 posts) -

He'll continue to bow to corporations and kill innocents overseas with drone strikes. Business as usual.

#33 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (999 posts) -

The Federal Reserve will continue to be our number 1 debt holder, with China being number 2 and the banks will still continue owning the United States while people continue thinking their vote matters.

#34 Posted by Jams (2956 posts) -

@Seppli said:

@TruthTellah said:

@Seppli:

That's all I've got.

Didn't expect such an enlightening and informative post. Great read - I feel confident that I can tune out the world for the next 4 years and play videogames now. I'll check back in 4 years to get another update on world events from you. Keep up the good work!

Those seem like accurate assessments to me. I can only imagine us continue down the path that's been set for the last couple of years. The best we can hope for is for jobs and the economy to every so slowly increase. Though I assume Obama and the Democratic party have more programs they want to spend money we don't have on for the sake of "good" and "the right thing to do". I'm really worried about the middle east if Obama treats what's been going on over there like he has while running his campaign.

Then there's the whole investigation into what happened at Benghazi...

Whether all this stuff is out of the Presidents hands or not... the future is still looking so bright that I gotta wear shades...

#35 Posted by Icemo (625 posts) -

I predict that US of A will not go into war with another country for the next 4 years. That would have happened if Mitt Romney had been elected...

#36 Posted by Dark (356 posts) -

Hover boards, as predicted by the visionary works from Bob and Robert. I have waited my whole life for the hover boards, they said it would happen ... So it's going to happen.

#37 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4479 posts) -

Notre Dame

#38 Posted by crazyleaves (629 posts) -

Pot smoking gays and the UN coming for our guns! And more crazy ass alarmist "theories".

#39 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Republicans have the house, so nothing has really changed since 2010.

Colarado and Washington legalized recreational marijuana, which is awesome. Massachusetts legalized it for medical purposes and a few more states might have done it too.

Sad news is prop 34 (death penalty repeal) didn't pass in California.

#40 Posted by Nux (2207 posts) -

@Icicle7x3 said:

@FiestaUnicorn said:

@SlashDance said:

@FiestaUnicorn said:

@ssj4raditz said:

@WickedFather said:

@JZ said:

Doom

Quake

Unreal Tournament

Hexen?

Sin!

Duke Nukem 3D

Halo

#41 Posted by kindgineer (2485 posts) -

I think parts of our economy will continue to suffer while other parts succeed. Such is the way of any party.

#42 Posted by EXTomar (4125 posts) -

My prediction: It didn't matter who won because it turns out the US President doesn't actually have that much control over the US economy.

#43 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

puerto rico statehood time! woowoo

#44 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

The continuing collapse of western civilization. Serves it right. Pray to your god now bitches.

#45 Posted by ManMadeGod (1508 posts) -

@N7 said:

Well, we're getting a 51st state so that's going to be pretty dope. Also weed is being legalized in a few places. And Donald Trump has lost his mind. So, all in all, not much.

There's no reason to believe Puerto Rico will become a state in the next 4 years. Obama said he wants a clear majority of its citizens to be in favor of becoming a state: 54% voted to change the current status of PR with 64% of those people voting for statehood. If there was a straight vote on statehood it would fail.

#46 Posted by TeamJersey (337 posts) -

Not much will change.

#47 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

@ManMadeGod said:

@N7 said:

Well, we're getting a 51st state so that's going to be pretty dope. Also weed is being legalized in a few places. And Donald Trump has lost his mind. So, all in all, not much.

There's no reason to believe Puerto Rico will become a state in the next 4 years. Obama said he wants a clear majority of its citizens to be in favor of becoming a state: 54% voted to change the current status of PR with 64% of those people voting for statehood. If there was a straight vote on statehood it would fail.

I think he just said he wanted a majority, it didn't have to be clear.

and that's still p. clear to me

#48 Edited by Seppli (9740 posts) -

If you get Puerto Rico to join - I bet Cuba will be up for grabs once ol' Fidel bites the proverbial bullet. So here's my second prediction. Cuba will become the 52nd state joining the USA.

Just think of all the great cigars you'll finally be able to smoke legally. And all the weed you can wrap up in prime Cuban tobacco leaves. And all the fine Latina women to flood the states.

#49 Posted by Flawed_System (388 posts) -

The American people will get what they deserve.

#50 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

The world will still be here for the next 4 years, I guess that is a victory.

Mitt Romney would have been the end.