'Bama Won - Your Predictions for the next 4 Years?

• 156 results
jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By jsnyder82

@JasonR86 said:

@jsnyder82 said:

@JasonR86: Uh, no shit. I never said he did. But obviously people did vote for Obama in those counties, and he still did get %30-40 of the vote in most of them. Those votes had to come from somewhere. And what I'm saying is that I think they came mostly from the minority population.

Ok dude.

http://ktar.com/158/1586963/Election-2012-Exit-polling-demographics

Well my original comment had nothing to do with Washington, but the nation as a whole. The exit polling shows that Republicans aren't doing great with minority voters. And these populations are only going to climb faster and faster. They need to reach out.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Nottle

Change... from the previous 4 years?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By JasonR86

@jsnyder82 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@jsnyder82 said:

@JasonR86: Uh, no shit. I never said he did. But obviously people did vote for Obama in those counties, and he still did get %30-40 of the vote in most of them. Those votes had to come from somewhere. And what I'm saying is that I think they came mostly from the minority population.

Ok dude.

Well my original comment had nothing to do with Washington, but the nation as a whole. The exit polling shows that Republicans aren't doing great with minority voters. And these populations are only going to climb faster and faster. They need to reach out.

Neat.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By jsnyder82

@JasonR86 said:

@jsnyder82 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@jsnyder82 said:

Ok dude.

Neat.

Wow. It's almost like talking to a real live boy.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#105  Edited By JasonR86

@jsnyder82 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@jsnyder82 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@jsnyder82 said:

Ok dude.

Neat.

Wow. It's almost like talking to a real live boy.

Uh-huh.

RedRavN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By RedRavN

The country is basically owned by the large corporations that lobby congress and the federal reserve. Since Congress is still republican most of Obama's drastic changes like the necessary restructuring of health care to take money out of a single pot will still be stalled in limbo and the really important parts that actually change it will be stifled by "bipartisan" revisions. But hopefully we can get out afganistan. I would also expect tax increases esspecially if you own one of the top 3% of small businesses. In terms of international relations, I would expect asia to continue to grow and prosper and muscle out a lot of our business, and the middle east to basically stay the same. I am concerned about iran getting into a war with Isreal and syria jumping in though.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#107  Edited By breadfan
Kyodra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Kyodra

I expect that US will have only state mandated Obamacare clinics that administer healthcare only to those who are loyal to the liberal communist cause. Sugar and salt will be banned and the only restaurants will be state acquired Taco Bells or possibly Pizza Huts, serving only healthy, low calorie meals. Obama will be declared The Beloved Commander in Chief and Eternal President, with each state having no less than sixty 30 foot Obama statues. Christian churches will be closed, replaced by mosques, and islamist atheism will be declared the state religion. "In Obama we trust" will be printed on all US notes. Diesel cars will be banned and only green energy will be allowed to be produced, leading to constant blackouts, with priority being that the Obama banners and statues must be lit at all times.

Or maybe it'll be more of the same, who knows.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Karl_Boss

Alabama wins?

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By jsnyder82

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

Alabama wins?

Oh God, No!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By MikkaQ

I predict that Americans will continue to do American stuff in America, and across the entire world.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Draxyle said:

I just hope that the Republican party in congress isn't as stupid obstructionist and re-evaluates what they stand for. I'm glad that we took down a few of their notable crazies though; nice to know that people are becoming more and more aware of how far lost a few of those individuals have become in the last 8 years, so we might actually get more accountability for their actions.

We'd better get an actual investigation into some of that voter suppression though; better not see these things come up again in the next election.

@addictedtopinescent said:

Republicans have the house, so nothing has really changed since 2010.

Colarado and Washington legalized recreational marijuana, which is awesome. Massachusetts legalized it for medical purposes and a few more states might have done it too.

Sad news is prop 34 (death penalty repeal) didn't pass in California.

Yea, I was kinda iffy on that proposition due to the forced work clause in it, but I did want to see a repeal of that. Luckily the use of death penalty is something extremely rare in the first place for CA.

I'm glad for the passing of prop 30 though. The state absolutely needed it and people actually were willing to vote for a tax increase.

I'm sad that the sex trafficking and sex offender registry expansion thing is passing. On paper it sounds amazing, but for the most part it's just a low blow to those on the sex offender list, a list that's obscenely broad for bad reasons. Sex trafficking is sort of a federal concern over a state concern anyhow.

The three strikes law getting revised is nice to hear; it was an overtly harsh law that isn't helping keep our prison population down.

For the most part, CA voted pretty intelligently (from my own perspective and research at least) for the propositions this year. Moreso than usual.

The money the death penalty costs the state is insane though, much more then life imprisonment because of all the lawyers and special treatments the death row inmates get

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By DukesT3

Death and Chaos.

Its my new free to play MMO.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Itwastuesday

something something sharia law infowars.com something something

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#115  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Itwastuesday

something something sharia law infowars.com something something

Two of those words were terrifying to me, the ridiculously uninformed voter and/or Michele Bachmann.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#116  Edited By Milkman

Romney's concession speech is the last time you'll ever see a presidential candidate talking to room full of exclusively white people, if the Republicans ever want to see the White House again. Times they are a changing.

For Obama, I suspect (and hope) that without the burden of re-election and now that the Republicans in Senate aren't solely focused on making sure Obama is a one term president, a lot more will get done. And hopefully, the Republican party takes a good, long look at itself and tries to fix being the laughing stock of this country by, you know, actually working together for the betterment of America.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By tunaburn

im pretty sure that i had been reading about thousands of people that would move to canada if Obama won? When are they leaving? I could use the space on the freeway.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@tunaburn said:

im pretty sure that i had been reading about thousands of people that would move to canada if Obama won? When are they leaving? I could use the space on the freeway.

Lol, they're going to get quite a shock when they find out how much tax we pay for our social programs. We'll just ship em off to the oil sands since that's where the people who care more about the short term economy than long term economic stability or the environment go. I'm sure they'll enjoy the -40 degree Albertan winters.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By beepmachine

@RollingZeppelin said:

@tunaburn said:

Lol, they're going to get quite a shock when they find out how much tax we pay for our social programs. We'll just ship em off to the oil sands since that's where the people who care more about the short term economy than long term economic stability or the environment go. I'm sure they'll enjoy the -40 degree Albertan winters.

Whatever, we'll give em cowboys hats, they'll be right at home.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By notdavid

I don't expect him to do anything spectacular, but at least he won't be a roadblock.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By jsnyder82

@dennisthemennis said:

@RollingZeppelin said:

@tunaburn said:

Whatever, we'll give em cowboys hats, they'll be right at home.

You guys wear cowboy hats? Man. Canada is awesome.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#122  Edited By ThePickle
  • Weed is legalized everywhere but the south
  • Gay marriage is legalized everywhere but the south
  • Hilary Clinton becomes President in 2016 and 2020.
  • Elizabeth Warren becomes President in 2024 and 2028.
  • Jeff Gerstmann becomes president in 2032 and 2036, starts controversial policy of launching convicts into the Sun.
  • Community gets cancelled by NBC, picked up by Comedy Central a few years later.
  • Moon and Mars colonies are established.
  • Dubstep remix of "Call Me Maybe" is named the US national anthem.
  • Peyton Manning becomes CEO of Papa John's, starts cooking pizzas on the surface of Venus.
  • Chris Christie dies after eating 12 pizza spheres.
  • Theodore Roosevelt is brought back to life in a mechsuit, becomes the President forever.
  • Giant Bomb creates its own Saints Row game after the fourth one is cancelled.

Really, none of these are that outlandish.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By No0b0rAmA

@ThePickle said:

• Weed is legalized everywhere but the south
  • Gay marriage is legalized everywhere but the south
  • Hilary Clinton becomes President in 2016 and 2020.
  • Elizabeth Warren becomes President in 2024 and 2028.
  • Jeff Gerstmann becomes president in 2032 and 2036, starts controversial policy of launching convicts into the Sun.
  • Community gets cancelled by NBC, picked up by Comedy Central a few years later.
  • Moon and Mars colonies are established.
  • Dubstep remix of "Call Me Maybe" is named the US national anthem.
  • Peyton Manning becomes CEO of Papa John's, starts cooking pizzas on the surface of Venus.
  • Chris Christie dies after eating 12 pizza spheres.
  • Theodore Roosevelt is brought back to life in a mechsuit, becomes the President forever.
  • Giant Bomb creates its own Saints Row game after the fourth one is cancelled.

Really, none of these are that outlandish.

The top four are just unrealistic.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#124  Edited By stonyman65

Well, judging how the DOW just dropped 300 points less than 12 hours after the election.... I'm going to say: Another market crash, no new jobs, no budget passed, congress fucking around, nobody getting anything done...

So, more of the same, basically.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By MC_Hify
@Seppli
Half-Life 3 will be released.
smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By smcn

If abortion, gay marriage, and marijuana are still considered key issues in 2016 we're fucked.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127  Edited By UitDeToekomst

i'm always hopeful that the the next day I wake up everyone in the world will finally come to the realization that it is actually possible to form a united society in which peace and happiness abound. unfortunately, it is probably pretty unlikely that this will happen in the next four years, seeing as self-interest and blind belief are still so prevalent nearly everywhere one looks.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#128  Edited By mesoian

@Seppli said:

I don't know much, but I predict a Middle Eastern country getting the nuclear beatdown for a yet to be determined reason (likely for messin' with Israel). That is all of note.

I base this assumption on a fireworks display at the DNC '08 in Denver Colorado.

You guys got any crazy predictions for what historical events gonna go down in 'Bama's America?

Steady growth within the states, unemployement tapers offer and returns down to 3%, health care gets a lot better and starts resembling the canadian health care system, military spending goes down next year but then skyrockets the 3 following years and american drone forces become a lot stronger and notorious in other nations.

Basically the economy of the country rises slightly, our worldly stance lowers considerably due to a shifting towards unmanned military might.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By captain_clayman

@TruthTellah said:

@Seppli:

• The President and Congress will finally settle on the most minimal debt reduction plan possible, avoiding the fiscal cliff,
  • Israel may or may not do a surgical strike on Iranian nuclear facilities within the next year,
  • Iran will continue to see crippling economic sanctions that may eventually bring them to accept a nuclear fuel trading program in exchange for giving up local enrichment,
  • the Bush tax cuts will expire for those making over $200k a year,
  • tensions will continue to mount in East Asia with China, Japan, and Korea upping the ante on territorial and cultural provocations,
  • President Obama will get some form of immigration reform, with possible nods to border security and a guest worker program,
  • the US economy will continue to rebound a bit as housing sees big gains in 2013, followed by a half a year to a year-long rough patch, before once again slowly improving,
  • Japan will see an ever-growing push to get off nuclear power, exacerbating continued issues with finding a consistent prime minister,
  • US troops will mostly leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014 and Afghanistan will still struggle to find some semblance of peace,
  • China will start to publicly struggle more with social unrest and work to distract the public as much as possible from a slowing economy and growing unemployment,
  • multiple domestic terrorist attacks will be thwarted while some attacks overseas similar to the one on the Libya consulate will increase concerns over the stability and legitimacy of fledgling reform governments in the Middle East,
  • global climate change will see even greater prominence in the news as new energy initiatives are pushed around the world, except for in China,
  • Syria's Assad regime will fall, leaving a void that local militias will struggle to fill, making Turkey and Israel more nervous than ever,
  • Germany will continue to grow its influence in the European Union and pressure leaders to establish more long term plans for maintaining fiscal strength,
  • and people in developed and developing countries will have further concerns over the direction of global finance and conflicts arising in our currency and oil markets.

That's all I've got.

Well, that...wraps up this thread. Most of the interesting, dramatic changes will be international ones, here in the states we're looking at some slow but steady improvements. Hopefully in the next 4 years third party candidates can have their voices heard by the time the 2016 election comes around, at least enough to make it on tv. I also personally hope the religious fanatacism, especially in the republican party, will start do die down as younger, more secular communities start to gain more of a voice.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1000 YEARS OF DARKNESS #chucknorris

But seriously, nothing major.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obama will put in more fascist and socialist bills into effect. He will continue to ruin or country with his spending habits.

Half Joking aside, I think that it will continue going down the crapper but would have done that regardless of who is the president.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By audiosnow

@TruthTellah said:

• The President and Congress will finally settle on the most minimal debt reduction plan possible, avoiding the fiscal cliff,
  • Israel may or may not do a surgical strike on Iranian nuclear facilities within the next year,
  • Iran will continue to see crippling economic sanctions that may eventually bring them to accept a nuclear fuel trading program in exchange for giving up local enrichment,
  • tensions will continue to mount in East Asia with China, Japan, and Korea upping the ante on territorial and cultural provocations,
  • President Obama will get some form of immigration reform, with possible nods to border security and a guest worker program,
  • the US economy will continue to rebound a bit as housing sees big gains in 2013, followed by a half a year to a year-long rough patch, before once again slowly improving,
  • Japan will see an ever-growing push to get off nuclear power, exacerbating continued issues with finding a consistent prime minister,
  • US troops will mostly leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014 and Afghanistan will still struggle to find some semblance of peace,
  • China will start to publicly struggle more with social unrest and work to distract the public as much as possible from a slowing economy and growing unemployment,
  • multiple domestic terrorist attacks will be thwarted while some attacks overseas similar to the one on the Libya consulate will increase concerns over the stability and legitimacy of fledgling reform governments in the Middle East,
  • global climate change will see even greater prominence in the news as new energy initiatives are pushed around the world, except for in China,
  • Syria's Assad regime will fall, leaving a void that local militias will struggle to fill, making Turkey and Israel more nervous than ever,
  • Germany will continue to grow its influence in the European Union and pressure leaders to establish more long term plans for maintaining fiscal strength,
  • and people in developed and developing countries will have further concerns over the direction of global finance and conflicts arising in our currency and oil markets.

That's all I've got.

I prepared to read this with a cocked eyebrow, but it's very nearly spot-on. Thanks for saving my fingers typing!

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#133  Edited By Raven10

Well the same people are in charge of Congress as last time so expect the two houses of congress to argue over everything for a really long time before passing a half-hearted measure to avoid a meltdown while Obama does his best to get his policies past a House that has no desire to work with him. The biggest change we will see will be on the Supreme Court. Most likely one of the five conservative judges on the court will retire, shifting the court to the liberal side for the first time since late FDR era I believe. That will mean issues like abortion and gay marriage will see more success. In the end, Obama's biggest contribution to American politics will be the supreme court he leaves behind. He'll likely have placed nearly half the judges on the court by the time he leaves, giving liberals judicial power for decades to come.

He might also build that basketball court in the White House finally just to spite all the old white men in Congress, further reducing his ability to have any initiative of his come close to passing.

At the very least we won't have Romney as president and we won't have a fully Republican congress. That should make things incredibly difficult for getting anything done, but we won't have our civil liberties rolled back half a century either. For that I am thankful.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By intro

Same as the last 4 years and the 4 years before that. Do people really believe the Democrats or Republicans are going to get everything back on track? Seriously lol.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Draxyle

@President_Barackbar said:

1000 YEARS OF DARKNESS #chucknorris

But seriously, nothing major.

Oh jeez, I almost forgot about that ad. I never pegged Chuck Norris to be a psychopath in that way. Really depressing.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Terramagi

Puerto Rico becomes a state, everybody flips out because America has to redo all their flags.

Landmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Landmine

@TruthTellah said:

@Seppli:

That's all I've got.

This.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By TruthTellah

@captain_clayman said:

@TruthTellah said:

@Seppli:

That's all I've got.

Well, that...wraps up this thread. Most of the interesting, dramatic changes will be international ones, here in the states we're looking at some slow but steady improvements. Hopefully in the next 4 years third party candidates can have their voices heard by the time the 2016 election comes around, at least enough to make it on tv. I also personally hope the religious fanatacism, especially in the republican party, will start do die down as younger, more secular communities start to gain more of a voice.

I think there's a very good chance you'll see a bit more third party interest; though, that will most-likely reside with fiscal-conservative, social-liberal Libertarians. And it will be in Congress and local state government, not in a serious push for the White House. You -may- see a few moderates get some notice, and each major Party will try to play up Latino candidates. 2016 might be a nice year for female candidates, as well. If a woman isn't in the running for the Democratic Presidential ticket in 2016, I would be very surprised.

As far as the Republican Party goes, look for some retooling similar to the 1980s Democratic Party, where they realize that their priorities have to shift on what is emphasized in Party-supported candidates. They have to return to the "freedom" angle, not just the "right" angle. It may take three elections before they get an evolved narrative just right, but they definitely won't sound the same as they do today.

Domestically, I forgot to mention that the US will probably see two new Supreme Court justices, and there's a very good chance Citizens United will be revisited. It probably won't be handled to people's full liking, but it may open the door for enforcing a lot of older campaign finance rules that the previous ruling invalidated. Online, semi-anonymous donations will continue to grow, though, expanding the expense paid on local and national races.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Dixego

It's gon' be cool

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Hustler the grand wizard supreme of the west Miami strip clubs the third is elected Plan B president by the unmasked Barack Obama, Vermin Supreme.
  • Weed is legalized in every state starting with the letter "B".
  • Joe Biden steps down as Vice president to pursue his extreme wake boarding dream.
  • Robo cop statue is errected in detroit and soon after, every other major U.S. city.
  • White chocolate is renamed 'the other chocolate' because of outcry by offended white supremacists.
  • China admits 'they be assholes' and gives the U S of A all of their monies.
  • Obama announces Star fleet in San Francisco.
  • Mexican drug cartels stop killing because they realized it was a fad.
  • Apple announces the Mini mini iPad and the Absolutely huge iPad, expanding their reach beyond sub retarded levels.
  • Vermin Supreme reveals his real identity, unmasks in times square as Barack Obama again, in front of ten of thousands of apathetic pedestrians walking by.
  • Going one step further after repealing don't ask don't tell, Obama requires all future troops to be homosexual, and enacts don't ask don't tell for secret heteros.
  • Bed bath and beyond finally reveals the beyond, it was their towel section.
  • There will be a new topical pop star I would barely ever know about, but the masses will complain and parody such famous person, making me know literally everything about them, even though I don't want to.
  • Skiing is finally legal.

And for the most unrealistic prediction, but hang on with me here...

• The economy will still struggle, not because of President Obama, but because of the closed door deals with corporations and illegal bank actions in the Bush era. The reccession will hit a new low because of congresses complete inability to convince us that they're not a parade of dumber than average apes. President will finalize pushes for affordable heathcare, and shortly after, republicans will cause another screw up, hurt the short term economy, and every pundit will instead blame it on 'Obamacare.'
  • Puerto Rico becomes the 51st state.
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By baconbits33

@TruthTellah said:

@Seppli:

• ZOMBIE OUTBREAK!!!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

That's all I've got.

Fixed......

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#142  Edited By Julmust

He'll probably get the Nobel peace prize for killing even more people.

bchampnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By bchampnd

The Tide will continue to roll unless Nick Saban leaves for the NFL.

Oh wait... wrong 'Bama.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By PillClinton

@BestUsernameEver said:

• Apple announces the Mini mini iPad and the Absolutely huge iPad, expanding their reach beyond sub retarded levels.
No Caption Provided
crimsinf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By crimsinf

I don't want to be one of those guys, but I can't read the title of this topic as it was intended. Does anybody actually call the president 'Bama? Actually, I'd much rather this turned into a topic about Alabama football. As far as predictions go, I don't want to be too bold, but I see Bama making it back to the White House to celebrate one or two more national championships in the next four years.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By mrpandaman

@CCforUA said:

I don't want to be one of those guys, but I can't read the title of this topic as it was intended. Does anybody actually call the president 'Bama? Actually, I'd much rather this turned into a topic about Alabama football. As far as predictions go, I don't want to be too bold, but I see Bama making it back to the White House to celebrate one or two more national championships in the next four years.

Never heard anyone refer to him as 'Bama til now.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By donkeycow

I think you are going to see a far more aggressive President Obama when it comes to pursuing his policies because he no longer has to worry about re-election. Also i imagine a lot of his first two years will be spent preparing for the congressional elections where he will hope to have democrats in charge at all 3 primary levels of federal government.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By AngriGhandi

@TruthTellah said:

@Seppli:

That's all I've got.

...Are you from the future?

If so, glad to hear it. The future sounds pretty okay.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By McGhee

My grandma literally thinks he's the Antichrist. I just think he's a corporate stooge. Which would be worse, I'm not sure.