Band of the Week 001

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ubergeist

Hey everyone, I was trying to think of something blog worthy that I could do each week because when it comes to actually posting a blog, I'm quite poor at it. That and I can't really think of anything relevant most of the time. Plus I'm pretty lazy :P So what I've decided to do is post about a different band each week. I have a very weird taste in music and I believe that I'll eventually cover something that everyone here will enjoy at least a little. Most bands will be ones that I've just discovered but I will cover a lot of stuff, just whatever I'm feeling that week I guess. Anyway, on with the show.

No Caption Provided
Shilpa Ray and Her Happy Hookers

I first discovered Shilpa Ray from Beat the Devil and I fell in love with her voice. I just recently found out that they broke up and she went on to form Her Happy Hookers, which is so much better in my opinion. Of all the songs I've heard by them I really enjoy every one, but there's one that is currently my favorite song called The Coward Cracked the Dawn. Their sound is different but it's really catchy and somewhat errie. If you like bands like Something For Rockets or Interpol you will more than likely enjoy this. Also, Shilpa plays the Harmonium which is strangly sexy.

They're unsigned and don't have an album yet but you can hear them at MySpace. All of those songs are great! Here's a video for the song Filthy and Free.

Let me know what you guys think. Yay or nay on this whole idea?

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Verdugo

It's a cool sounding song, I like her voice.

karkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By karkii

Though I didn't like that song (didn't hate it either) this sounds like a good idea. Hopefully the bands you choose won't be so well known and mainstream. I'm always looking for new good bands :)