Bands You Like, But Everyone Else Hates.

• 157 results
Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@Djstyles92: Oh I know. I`ve played Cards Against Humanity with them. :P

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Socialone

What? Pre-Viva la vida Coldplay and Linkin Park's first two albums are shitty now? Come on guys, don't be so snobbish on pop culture, they're FAR from Nickelback, Bieber and Gaga. Nobody hates them, it simply gives silly hipster cred not to like them, that's all.

My band would be Arcade Fire. I've loved them since their first album release and the shitstorm around their recent Grammy award was phenomenal. You have to understand they're from my hometown though, that's how I came around to know them early.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Clonedzero

Nickleback....ok ok, i dont actually like them. i just dont find them as offensively bad as everyone else.

everyone i know, and all over the internet people act like its the worst band ever created but i never really understood the hate. i'm not a fan or anything, but there was a couple of songs i kinda liked. they just seem like a super average generic rock band to me.

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By blindisaac

@NegativeCero said:

I guess I would say Avenged Sevenfold, though I haven't heard their recent stuff.

It is utter garbage unless you like whiny radio rock

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By freakin9

When I read this thread I was expecting someone to drop the Limp Bizkit bomb, hasn't happened yet.

It's hard to say, I don't think obscure bands are hated, like I can get into Kpop but I doubt anyone has heard much of that. I will say the Coldplay hate I think is a little over the top, people seem to genuinely hate Deadmau5 as a person, but I'm sure a lot of those same people like the music.

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By blindisaac

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

Nickelback. Not to be that guy, but I really like their very first album and even some songs off the second one. There's other shit I enjoy sprinkled in through their work after that but I mostly agree with the rest of the world that it's garbage. Even some of the songs I like by them I realize are corny as shit, but when I'm in the right mood it's great. Another one would be Bush, which is funny since they were touring together this year. I'm a huge fan of '90's music and Bush is one of my favorites of the era. Their newest album blows dick but I saw them live on their headlining tour last fall and they were one of the best live bands I've ever seen. I did not expect them to care nearly as much about the fans as they did, but they really blew me away as performers and showmen, and you can't knock a band for that.

@CH3BURASHKA said:

I heard "Someday" by Nickelback at a pivotal time in my life, so it has a special place in my heart, as does the rest of the catalog. I'll still maintain they make decent music - they are not the shit some people claim them to be.

PS Pay no heed to the actual video - most of their music videos are pretty atrocious. Except "Hero" - it's about people being saved from death, and seeing everyone else's deathclocks and are stuck in some kind of limbo in which they must save another person to snap out of it. It's pretty neat.

No one will deny that they liked their first and possibly second albums. I admit that I loved their early stuff but I just cant listen to what is essentially the same song now with their new stuff and it definitely doesnt help them that they are on the radio every damn you turn it on.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By shiftymagician

I'm still a genuine fan of Linkin Park's earlier works, even Crawling. The music itself just sounds good to me. I was a bit more of a fan of the Reanimation Album and how it remixed the previous album. Meteora is still a fine album to listen to once in a while in my opinion.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@blindisaac said:

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

Nickelback. Not to be that guy, but I really like their very first album and even some songs off the second one. There's other shit I enjoy sprinkled in through their work after that but I mostly agree with the rest of the world that it's garbage. Even some of the songs I like by them I realize are corny as shit, but when I'm in the right mood it's great. Another one would be Bush, which is funny since they were touring together this year. I'm a huge fan of '90's music and Bush is one of my favorites of the era. Their newest album blows dick but I saw them live on their headlining tour last fall and they were one of the best live bands I've ever seen. I did not expect them to care nearly as much about the fans as they did, but they really blew me away as performers and showmen, and you can't knock a band for that.

@CH3BURASHKA said:

I heard "Someday" by Nickelback at a pivotal time in my life, so it has a special place in my heart, as does the rest of the catalog. I'll still maintain they make decent music - they are not the shit some people claim them to be.

PS Pay no heed to the actual video - most of their music videos are pretty atrocious. Except "Hero" - it's about people being saved from death, and seeing everyone else's deathclocks and are stuck in some kind of limbo in which they must save another person to snap out of it. It's pretty neat.

No one will deny that they liked their first and possibly second albums. I admit that I loved their early stuff but I just cant listen to what is essentially the same song now with their new stuff and it definitely doesnt help them that they are on the radio every damn you turn it on.

Same songs is a under statement.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NegativeCero

@blindisaac said:

@NegativeCero said:

I guess I would say Avenged Sevenfold, though I haven't heard their recent stuff.

Yeah, I figured as much. I will still listen to and enjoy their first three albums though.

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By MrRedwine

I am a fan of "jam bands". I've had a lot of people say very mean things about that music.

Phish is probably my favorite band, but I enjoy some Grateful Dead, Almen Brothers, Umphree's McGee, Widespread Panic, and others of the genre as well.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By Dalai

I'm gonna have to go with Coldplay. They haven't changed much over the years, and I'm totally fine with that.

mixedupzombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62  Edited By mixedupzombies

As far as guilty pleasures go, I kinda like Aqua...

For truly liking a band my tastes are fairly normal.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By benpicko

I don't really know what music people really hate. If you mean what music people around me hate, then fuck that.

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By blindisaac

@NegativeCero said:

@blindisaac said:

@NegativeCero said:

Yeah, I figured as much. I will still listen to and enjoy their first three albums though.

People are shocked when I tell them that I hate new Avenged Sevenfold but then I tell them that I liked everything up to City of Evil and they are still shocked.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By zero_

Fall Out Boy. Massive, massive fan. I'm probably the only person that isn't a teen girl that likes them.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By Getz

@JacDG said:

I really, really liked Green Day and Linkin Park for a while, but since I'm primarily listening to hip/hop now I hardly ever throw that stuff on, but I still find it quite entertaining, and least their older stuff, not a huge fan of new Linkin Park. In terms of hip/hop, I usually listen to underground stuff where disliking artist aren't really prevalent, I'm kinda into Kid Cudi though, a lot of people tend not to like him

Day N Night is a really good song

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By frankfartmouth

Zappa. I wouldn't say that everyone hates him, but the people who don't like him definitely don't like him.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By Ben_H
@mixedupzombies said:

As far as guilty pleasures go, I kinda like Aqua...

For truly liking a band my tastes are fairly normal.

Join us in the Late 90s and Early 00s Dance music thread, you'll fit right in. We don't judge.
NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By NegativeCero

@Zero_ said:

Fall Out Boy. Massive, massive fan. I'm probably the only person that isn't a teen girl that likes them.

Nah, add them to my list too. It may have to do with the group of friends I had at the time and how old I was when they got big, but I enjoy their stuff too.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By benpicko

@NegativeCero said:

@Zero_ said:

Nah, add them to my list too. It may have to do with the group of friends I had at the time and how old I was when they got big, but I enjoy their stuff too.

Same reason, though I only like a few of their songs.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By notdavid

I really liked the first two Linkin Park albums. And I have a soft spot for anything by the Bloodhound Gang.

The first two albums from My Chemical Romance, too. There was some brilliant stuff on Three Cheers, and I Brought You My Bullets is some fun emo bullshit.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By zero_

@benpicko said:

@NegativeCero said:

@Zero_ said:

Same reason, though I only like a few of their songs.

Funny enough, I got into them when they were finishing up and much prefer their later rock stuff than the earlier emo punk.

El_Mahico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By El_Mahico

I'm honestly into a little of everything (except country and dubstep) but this gentleman by the name of Mike Patton has been in alot of different sounding bands and most of the time when I put some Mr. Bungle on people ask me what the fuck band that is because the music can be pretty fuckin out there. Youtube link to some of my favorite more mainstream sounding stuff by him. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL63071C88A9445B8E......oh ya and this is the guy that does all the zombie sounds (voices) in the Left 4 Dead series.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By WMWA

Brand New. They're my favorite band but when I was writing for a music site everyone there have me shit for it, haha

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By _Zombie_

Green Day. Last time I checked, people hated them, and I loved American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By benpicko

@wmaustin55 said:

Brand New. They're my favorite band but when I was writing for a music site everyone there have me shit for it, haha

I don't know about their other stuff, but Deja Entendu is fucking brilliant and got nothing but praise from what I've heard.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#77  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@blindisaac

@NegativeCero said:

@blindisaac said:

@NegativeCero said:

People are shocked when I tell them that I hate new Avenged Sevenfold but then I tell them that I liked everything up to City of Evil and they are still shocked.

I really dislike their new stuff but City of Evil and the albums prior to it are awesome.
Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Slay3r1583

Dragonforce

They seemed to get a bump in popularity with Inhuman Rampage and Guitar Hero/Rock Band but also a bunch of haters started coming out. I think they are awesome though.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Akeldama
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#80  Edited By JasonR86

@Slay3r1583 said:

Dragonforce

They seemed to get a bump in popularity with Inhuman Rampage and Guitar Hero/Rock Band but also a bunch of haters started coming out. I think they are awesome though.

Whomever hates Dragonforce is a bad person. I get not liking the music. But you just can't 'hate' them. It's impossible.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By WMWA
@Zero_

Nah, son. They wrote some catchy pop.
Deathdealer108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Deathdealer108

@JasonR86 said:

@Slay3r1583 said:

Dragonforce

Whomever hates Dragonforce is a bad person. I get not liking the music. But you just can't 'hate' them. It's impossible.

I like Dragonforce in terms of their studio albums. My distaste for them came from seeing them live. They were one of the worst live bands I ever saw, those crazy solos plus all I can guess is them all drinking is not an entertaining show.

And to bands I love, I have a soft spot for Paramore. As a "metal fan" I would lose all my credibility for liking teeny pop rock but I really don't care. Another notable mention is Panic! at the Disco.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#83  Edited By JasonR86

@Deathdealer108:

The thing about Dragonforce that I like is that it seems like they don't take themselves seriously. You don't need to like their music to like that about them. I've never seen them live though so I can't speak to that.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#84  Edited By DukesT3

Probably Slipknot. Everyone I've run into recently can't stand Slipknot but I love them.

And probably Lady GaGa Kesha and all the usual suspects of shitty pop music today.

ADarkMatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ADarkMatter
@InternetCrab: Them Crooked Vultures are fucking cool on my book. 

Also I really love Cynic but I don't know many people that like them too. 

Deathdealer108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Deathdealer108

@JasonR86: Yeah, I agree they seem like total bros, like really fun to party with. And that is cool, but their music is so technical that kind of attitude does not do them any favors live. I really wish they were awesome live, but I can't really blame them much, their stuff is insanely hard. Its not like I could do any better! Its just disappointing when you pay $50 to see a band and it sounds horrible.

@LooseChange: Hello fellow maggot! Going to see them at Mayhem this year, and I bet they will be great even without Paul Gray.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#87  Edited By Vonocourt

@JasonR86 said:

Even when I was into power metal I couldn't stand them.

I fully realize they kind of suck(this is probably their best song, as super obvious as it is), but I still bought the vinyl repressing.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By murisan

Silversun Pickups. people complain about the singer's voice.. I love it.

kogasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By kogasu

@Slay3r1583 said:

Dragonforce

Hah, I was gonna say this. I must agree with you though, I also think Dragonforce are great. I hear a lot about how they aren't so good live, they're always drunk or whatever but I don't know, I've never seen them live. Either way, my love for power metal is too great to care !!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ShaggE

Early 90s Green Day. Especially their first album. Some of the lyrics are cheesy to the point of painful, but I can't help loving it.

There's also a veritable mountain of 90s pop that I know is terrible, but is overpowered by nostalgia.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By IkariNoTekken

@BestUsernameEver said:

@IkariNoTekken said:

@BestUsernameEver:

Time Team could have been better and most of all he doesn't ever try to trend new ground, but is he really hated?

You can say the same about Skrillex and Deadmou5, so the point is it's not a bad thing if they dont try to 'trend new ground'. What slugabed does is great, why should he try to stray from that for the sake of doing it?

Ah, there's been a bit of a misunderstanding. I was actually just summarising the two criticisms I've seen targeted at Slugabed because's I don't think he's hated.

Time Team has been receiving some mixed feedback, and some it I can agree with actually. On occasion I felt unsatisfied at the end of a track because it was as though instead of grabbing me, it just passed me by. That said, I did enjoy quite a few of the tracks on there, which is why I only said it could have been better.
For me it might have been a tad bit underwhelming but if you love the album, that's fantastic! Enjoy the hell out of it mate!
The part about new ground however, that isn't something I agree with at all. I don't dismiss music based on whether it sounds unique or not; I agree with you that if its done well then it doesn't matter.
The reason I mentioned it in my comment was because not being "fresh and original" is the other criticism I've been hearing from some listeners and reviewers.

That's literally the only negativity I've seen and so when I saw that you'd included him in this thread, well, I was confused.
Where did you hear he was hated because I'd like to know about it before I get a bunch of shit for thinking he has potential and liking some of his stuff. Thanks.
benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By benpicko

If people hate My Chemical Romance, then I guess them as well. But only The Black Parade. I really liked that album.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93  Edited By EuanDewar

@VinceNotVance: Anyone who badmouths Crystal Castles can suck a fucking dick. One of my top 3 bands ever, fo' realz.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#94  Edited By mikey87144

Green Day

Linkin Park

Nickleback. Rockstar is a really good song.

Kanye West? I know people hate him as a person but not sure if that's spread to his music.

Kid Kudi? Not sure the hate with him but it's there.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By GreggD

@zombiebigfoot said:

Green Day. Last time I checked, people hated them, and I loved American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown.

That's because they totally SOLD OUT ZOMG!!! I actually grew to respect those two albums after listening to/playing them in Rock Band.

As for me? Andrew W.K. It's just so genuinely uplifting and something to tear ass on a bike to.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of people seem to not like Sum 41 now, I haven't listened to their past 2 albums but Chuck is still a fantastic record.

People I know have also tried to heap shit on Coheed & Cambria, Motion City Soundtrack, The Dear Hunter and Bomb the Music Industry! ... I know shitty people.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By laserbolts

@TheVeteran13: I was bummed by the newest Coheed album but their older stuff is so good. Motion City Soundtrack has always been really good imo.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#98  Edited By Tireyo

I don't know what people like and don't like anymore. -_-

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By NegativeCero

@Tireyo643 said:

I don't know what people like and don't like anymore. -_-

I agree. Going through this thread, I've come across like 4 bands that I liked. Maybe I just have weird/bad taste in music.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By innacces14

CKY. They just make catchy songs that are fun to play. Fairly simple stuff, but there are some nice intricate things to their tunes that make anyone who's learning them go "oh. pfft, whatever. We just repeat this again and... oh wait. Yeah. Okay." haha