• 55 results
#1 Edited by LadyAensland (35 posts) -
Just finished this bad boy. Im pretty sure you LoL fans would appreciate this drawing of Riven and Akali. In case you dont know who these two women are, they are characters from League of Legends in their battle bunny skin and Nurse skin. Feel free to google them ^.^
#2 Posted by Humanity (9025 posts) -

Is it sexist even though it is drawn by (I assume) a female? Cause if a guy drew that I think it would be a very clear case of yah this is some male-gazing chauvinistic stuff right here.

#3 Edited by Morningstar (2149 posts) -

Well done. You are pretty good.

#4 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

I'll be honest, I only looked at this because I thought "What the hell could possibly in this topic?"

But it is very good, I will openly admit.

#5 Posted by Shirogane (3567 posts) -

Well, judging by the comments above, i guess i should point out that Nurse Akali and Battle Bunny Riven are actual skins from LoL.

#6 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

Looks great. you should sent this in to the summoner showcase and see if you get featured !

#7 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

It looks pretty good but I think you should work more on human anatomy. The way Riven is posing it looks a bit uncomfortable. Boobs don't work that way. and Escher Girls have good examples of how a lot of poses used in artwork of women would be physically impossible for a real person to do, espcially Escher Girls since a lot of the time they redraw the picture more realistically and compare them.

#8 Posted by JamesValdes (78 posts) -

I've never played LoL but I'm assuming the carrot holster has something to do with the character lore. You never know when you'll need to use it, am I right?

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -
@mscupcakes

It looks pretty good but I think you should work more on human anatomy. The way Riven is posing it looks a bit uncomfortable. Boobs don't work that way. and Escher Girls have good examples of how a lot of poses used in artwork of women would be physically impossible for a real person to do, espcially Escher Girls since a lot of the time they redraw the picture more realistically and compare them.

One thing I learned from College Art are that boobs and faces are the two hardest parts of the body to get right.
#10 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@mscupcakes said:

But but! the outfits are super duper tight and totally make the boobs look .. weird! Just like on that website that you're probably spending too much time on!  

Everything about fake characters drawn on a paper is real! Even the female characters' ability to bend their spines! 
#11 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@LadyAensland: I like it. ::Thumbs up::

#12 Posted by Humanity (9025 posts) -

@mscupcakes said:

Comic art is exciting exactly because it is not realistic and rather idealize human proportions. Spider Man looks really cool but it would take the work of a professional contortionist to get in half those poses he pulls off throughout his comics. If you get hung up on things being ultra realistic in comic style art then you risk your poses and art itself being rather boring and unimaginative.

That said those breasts are obscenely large.

#13 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Pretty good so far, I'd prefer if there was something piece of the environment they were on (either from the game or just pieced together) instead of them hovering in limbo but that's just my preference.

#14 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

@Humanity: I get your point about Spider Man, but his poses don't involve him simultaneously showing off tits and ass. The point I'm trying to make is that pretty much all female characters end up being placed in these crazy sexualised poses that would probably brake the spine of anyone who actually tried to pose that way. Not because it's one of their superpowers or it makes sense for the character to move that way, just for the sake of trying to make them seem super sexy and nothing else.

#15 Posted by Humanity (9025 posts) -
@mscupcakes I personally think it's because the female form is a lot more beautiful than the males and when drawing women there is an urge to showcase as many of the inherent curves as possible. Upside is you show off the female form in all its glory - downside is it looks a little ridiculous at times.
#16 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Anime nips.

#17 Posted by Demoskinos (14732 posts) -

I approve. =)

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Shirogane said:

Well, judging by the comments above, i guess i should point out that Nurse Akali and Battle Bunny Riven are actual skins from LoL.

Oh, OK. I was legitimately wondering what the hell this all is.

#19 Posted by Mosswine (10 posts) -

Poppy Likey

#20 Edited by Mosswine (10 posts) -

@mscupcakes said:

@Humanity: I get your point about Spider Man, but his poses don't involve him simultaneously showing off tits and ass. The point I'm trying to make is that pretty much all female characters end up being placed in these crazy sexualised poses that would probably brake the spine of anyone who actually tried to pose that way. Not because it's one of their superpowers or it makes sense for the character to move that way, just for the sake of trying to make them seem super sexy and nothing else.

I assume you're going to show us a true piece of art of a non-sexualised, realistic, comic book woman? (Realistic and comic in the same sentence....sounds like a paradox to me) Drawn by your criticizing and obviously unbiased self (woman). If not then I fail to see what is wrong with this unrealistic drawing of two characters who are themselves unreal.

#21 Posted by gamefreak9 (2356 posts) -

Wow did u really draw this? How much of it? did u like start from scratch? Also this is weird but I thought riven was a boy for like the first 4-5 times I was playing her.

#22 Posted by LadyAensland (35 posts) -

Thanks everyone, im glad you liked my drawing. Some more than others >.< Im a female btw, i truly admire the female figure. I like to exaggerate curves and (my favorite) features of females and im really happy with what i drew. So if this offends you Mscupcakes, no one is forcing you to comment or try to tell another artist how to do their work cause im not changing my ways to please narrow-minded people who dont open up to other people's artwork <3 p.s. my picture is meant to be the way it is :)

#23 Posted by Mosswine (10 posts) -

She's just jealous because a woman managed to break the mold and find a career that isn't in the kitchen or on a stripper pole.

#24 Posted by AlexW00d (6231 posts) -

There are furries in LoL? Eww.

#25 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Hurry, someone mention sexism and stuff

#26 Posted by Mosswine (10 posts) -

You just missed this one crazy lady telling the artist how to make art to "her" liking.

#27 Posted by ThunderSlash (1650 posts) -

Please guys, let's not turn this into another one of those threads.

In the case that the contrary does happen... here we go again!

#28 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Damn. Maybe next time.

#29 Posted by LiquidPrince (15901 posts) -

If this devolves into another sexism debate... shit, it's happened already. I hate you all.

Anyways the images are fantastic even though I have no idea who they are. They look nice though. Good work.

#30 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

@LadyAensland: Oh it didn't offend me at all! I actually like a lot of aspects of it and think you got Akali pretty spot on. I was just trying to give you constructive criticism on the fact that Riven looked like she was twisting her body in an odd way. I didn't mean to imply anything else. My second post wasn't in relation to your drawing, it was a reply to Humanity's comment about Spider Man.

#31 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@mscupcakes said:

@LadyAensland: Oh it didn't offend me at all! I actually like a lot of aspects of it and think you got Akali pretty spot on. I was just trying to give you constructive criticism on the fact that Riven looked like she was twisting her body in an odd way. I didn't mean to imply anything else. My second post wasn't in relation to your drawing, it was a reply to Humanity's comment about Spider Man.

Have you ever stopped to think that spiderman is sexualized? Look at those limber limbs..those webshots...those sticky webshots...

#32 Edited by yoshisaur (2700 posts) -

@Mosswine said:

@mscupcakes said:

I assume you're going to show us a true piece of art of a non-sexualised, realistic, comic book woman? (Realistic and comic in the same sentence....sounds like a paradox to me) Drawn by your criticizing and obviously unbiased self (woman). If not then I fail to see what is wrong with this unrealistic drawing of two characters who are themselves unreal.

If you fail to see what's wrong, then you're obviously of a different mindset and your resulting rebuttal is useless. You used a common interpretation that no other females are depicted in a non-sexual fashion, which is as much as proving the persons point as it is a fallacy. There are people that are tired of women being used only in sexualized art, and we don't have to be targeted because our varying opinions differs from the mob's mentality.

@LadyAensland: Can't say that you didn't draw something nice, but I can say that I'm not a fan of over-exaggerated female parts for the sake of it. I guess my sexuality is satisfied enough that I'd prefer them in combat poses actually portraying their traits from the game rather than posing for what is obviously sexualized material.

#33 Posted by LadyAensland (35 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

@LadyAensland: Can't say that you didn't draw something nice, but I can say that I'm not a fan of over-exaggerated female parts for the sake of it. I guess my sexuality is satisfied enough that I'd prefer them in combat poses actually portraying their traits from the game rather than posing for what is obviously sexualized material.

I respect that :) Honestly, im a lesbian and most of my drawings are like this. What can i say? I cant help it >.<

#34 Posted by yoshisaur (2700 posts) -

@LadyAensland said:

@ck1nd said:

I respect that :) Honestly, im a lesbian and most of my drawings are like this. What can i say? I cant help it >.<

To each their own. I can't lie and say I didn't draw the ladies in risqué poses and such years back.

#35 Posted by Hunter5024 (5600 posts) -

@Humanity said:

Is it sexist even though it is drawn by (I assume) a female? Cause if a guy drew that I think it would be a very clear case of yah this is some male-gazing chauvinistic stuff right here.

What if it's drawn by a lesbian?

#36 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

@gamefreak9 said:

Wow did u really draw this? How much of it? did u like start from scratch? Also this is weird but I thought riven was a boy for like the first 4-5 times I was playing her.

They should have made the boobs bigger.

#37 Posted by awesomeusername (4168 posts) -

So you want us to fap to this or what?

#38 Posted by LadyAensland (35 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

Lol i wouldnt be offended if you did >.<

#39 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Facial position on the left is a bit awkward (ugh her left eye is so far away!) but minor fixes should get it done!

#40 Edited by demonknightinuyasha (462 posts) -

Great job!

Edit: Just checked out your gallery the Morrigans are great too ^_^

#41 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3851 posts) -

Nice job :)

#42 Posted by Humanity (9025 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Humanity said:

What if it's drawn by a lesbian?

Quantum Conundrum

#43 Posted by shadowdrone (71 posts) -

Excellent drawings. :)

#44 Posted by TobbRobb (4589 posts) -

Good stuff.

#45 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

@RPGee said:

I'll be honest, I only looked at this because I thought "What the hell could possibly in this topic?"

But it is very good, I will openly admit.

#46 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

Those happen to be my two least favorite costumes for them. = / The art is good, though.

#47 Posted by Mosswine (10 posts) -

Do one with Cass and Urgot!!!!

#48 Edited by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

@Humanity: It's definitely male-gazing. Can't speak for the other things as I've never played LoL and don't know if those are accurate representations (judging by the costumes they probably are) or just sexualized fan art.

#49 Posted by LadyAensland (35 posts) -

@Mosswine said:

Do one with Cass and Urgot!!!!

Lol great suggestion >.<

#50 Posted by awesomeusername (4168 posts) -

@LadyAensland said:

@awesomeusername said:

Lol i wouldnt be offended if you did >.<

Well then. *fap fap fap* You're welcome.