• 75 results
#1 Posted by Solh0und (1759 posts) -

(I'm doing this from mobile so I can't compose a poll here)

My personal answer is "Maybe"

#2 Posted by crithon (3081 posts) -

nope, Robocop is still important to me.

"Guns, Guns, Guns"

#4 Edited by Everyones_A_Critic (6289 posts) -

I might check it out. February seems like a really odd time to release it though, it could've easily competed with the other summer blockbusters this year even if it got worse reviews than it's been getting.

#5 Edited by Zevvion (1830 posts) -

No. Never cared for the original film either. Well, that's not true. I thought it was kinda neat. But as always when praise of something is so much bigger than I have for it, I tend to not care.

#6 Posted by phantomzxro (1565 posts) -

I may check it out but its more of friends may want to see it and i'll tag along. I know what i'm walking into so i'm not expecting much.

#7 Edited by Hailinel (23968 posts) -

Nope. Not giving it my money.

#8 Edited by RonGalaxy (2910 posts) -

No, but I might buy the original on blu ray.

#9 Posted by CornBREDX (4856 posts) -

You mean one of the best action films of my child hood that I probably shouldn't have watched but did and now they're making a PG-13 version of it?

I thought about it, but no. I'll watch the original instead. It's still an awesome movie and holds up- even if a bit brutal (more so in the directors cut which extended the most brutal scenes).

The sequels are passable but I still like the second Robocop because its good cheese. The third one doesn't exist. It went to total garbage by then and really it seems no one knew what to do with it at some point but I don't have high hopes for a reboot.

#10 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

I can't believe Detective Holder is the new Robocop. I might rent it.

#11 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4605 posts) -

I might see it as a curiosity. I fully expect it to be terrible which is a goddamn shame considering who directed it.

Who knows? Maybe it'll actually be really good and kick-start a gritty sci-fi satire revival. Yeah I know, stop laughing.

#12 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2990 posts) -

Detective Holder is the best part of the Killing. He has a moment in one episode where he actually slaps this evil woman in the face with a warrant. Gotta see it to believe it.

Will watch it one day.

#13 Edited by LiquidSaiyan3 (458 posts) -

I saw the new Robocop. I liked it. That is all.

#14 Edited by Brodehouse (9640 posts) -

It's the most damning indication that I've been wrong to be enthusiastic about... Life, art, western society.

Taking a satire about ignorant, violent, consumption-obsessed culture and then turning it into a stupid, violent consumer product... It's almost too perfect.

#15 Posted by Bane122 (783 posts) -

Probably not this week but hopefully next.

Robocop is one of my favorite movies of all time and, looking at this as something different and not a straight up remake, I think it looks fine.

It's not degrading the original if it sucks, after all.

#16 Posted by AMyggen (2610 posts) -

Fuck no. I will never support remakes of movies that were more or less perfect to begin with.

#17 Edited by geirr (2483 posts) -

Nah. I'll wait til it's on Netflix or something.

#18 Posted by Emperor_Norton (42 posts) -

Nope, there's already a fantastic Robocop remake available this very moment

#19 Posted by Wolfgame (695 posts) -

Don't think so, I don't go to the movies much anymore, I've tried to be more discerning about what I will sit through, I hate feeling like my time was robbed when the credits roll.

#20 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

@bane122 said:

It's not degrading the original if it sucks, after all.

But it's kind of trampling on its legacy.

#21 Edited by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

Nope.

#22 Edited by Doskias (303 posts) -

I have dedicated so much space in my brain to Robocop and everything to do with him that I feel like I'd be doing myself a disservice by not seeing it, no matter how terrible it may turn out to be.

If we get that crazy snow-storm we're expecting, I might see if my local theater stays open on Thursday and make my way out there.

#23 Posted by Baillie (4040 posts) -

Yeah, sure am.

#24 Edited by Vuud (1943 posts) -

I really can't get behind remakes like this. It just doesn't work because RoboCop is a product from a different era with a totally different culture.

Also I think satire is dead. And that was a big part of RoboCop.

#25 Posted by Bane122 (783 posts) -

@dudeglove: I disagree. If it turns out okay then it will stand on its own but if it's terrible then, if anything, the original will look even better by comparison.

Honestly, I'd be more bothered if it was sticking closer to the original's plot. This is how I'd prefer my movie remakes, take the base concept and do something new with it.

#26 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

Detective Holder is the best part of the Killing. He has a moment in one episode where he actually slaps this evil woman in the face with a warrant. Gotta see it to believe it.

Will watch it one day.

I loved that bit, I laughed out loud, he really redeemed himself in that episode.

#27 Edited by GERALTITUDE (2990 posts) -

@coafi said:

@geraltitude said:

Will watch it one day.

I loved that bit, I laughed out loud, he really redeemed himself in that episode.

Oh yeah duder I felt the same way, that episode flips a switch for the character. Kind of excited to see what Netflix does with the show when it comes back.

#28 Posted by TheRealMoot (356 posts) -

Will I watch it this week? F*CK NO!

Will I watch it ever? If it's life or death, maybe. Depends on the flavor of death i'm being offered at the time.

Robocop is my second favorite movie ever. I would not dare tarnish it's memory with this remake, which from everything I've seen and heard it's the worst thing ever conceived. Yes, I have watched Troll 2 and Birdemic and lived to tell the tale. This however, sounds worse.

#29 Edited by Apparatus_Unearth (3112 posts) -

I haven't seen the original so I'm gonna go with no.

#30 Edited by Shaunage (694 posts) -

I saw it and hated it from start to finish.

#31 Posted by MegaLombax (384 posts) -

Saw it last week and there was absolutely nothing special about it. Thought that the new Robocop was too...agile. I get that the point of a remake is to not compare it with the older version, but on its own, the new Robocop is an absolute mediocre movie.

#32 Edited by BawlZINmotion (714 posts) -

Nope. I haven't seen a movie in theatres since District 9. I can wait until it's available for home use.

#33 Posted by BawlZINmotion (714 posts) -

@megalombax said:

Saw it last week and there was absolutely nothing special about it. Thought that the new Robocop was too...agile. I get that the point of a remake is to not compare it with the older version, but on its own, the new Robocop is an absolute mediocre movie.

His agility in the trailer really bothered me.

#34 Posted by Reisz (1461 posts) -

Of course I will! this movie won't make 1987's tour de force suddenly not exist.

#35 Posted by tourgen (4432 posts) -

Nope. Every indication is that it's a bland PG13 by-the-numbers shell of a movie cashing checks on the Robocop name. I would rather do anything else with my time than fall asleep watching this piece of shit.

#36 Posted by MegaLombax (384 posts) -

@megalombax said:

His agility in the trailer really bothered me.

I've always had this image of Robocop being this slow badass almost-indestructible death machine. Now he's just Ironman without the flying and repulsor beams.

#37 Edited by Brackynews (4049 posts) -

Netflix Canada just added The Rock this week.

Fuck other movies.

#38 Posted by Tajasaurus (802 posts) -

I'll watch it eventually

I like Michael Keaton. I'm strangely optimistic.

#39 Posted by ManMadeGod (1552 posts) -

Was watching TV with my mom the other day. The commercial for this movie came on, and she says "o wow, I loved Robocop when it first came out........ Wait why is this PG13. Not seeing it".

So no, my mom is not seeing it

#40 Posted by Shaunage (694 posts) -

@tourgen: I literally did fall asleep in it.

#41 Posted by Capum15 (4823 posts) -

Yep, that's a good one.

#42 Posted by GunstarRed (5044 posts) -

Nah, I might listen to the Robocop theme a bunch though.

#43 Edited by SharkEthic (1010 posts) -

Well, if we're being completely honest here, I can say with 99% certainty, that I will never, EVER see the new Robocop.

#44 Posted by tysonwritesel (90 posts) -

No, I didn't think it looked as interesting as say Spider-Man 2.

#45 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4932 posts) -

Hah, no.

#46 Posted by falserelic (5334 posts) -

I will watch it on the internet for free like I usually do.

#47 Posted by SharkEthic (1010 posts) -

@capum15 said:
@emperor_norton said:

Yep, that's a good one.

What in the fuck is going on at the 40 minute mark!?

#48 Edited by Gatehouse (582 posts) -

I'm very tempted to. I would be going in with zero expectation, as the trailer looks utterly pants and I love the original film. But hey. I do have a thing for rubbish films and this is looks so tonally different from the original that it's barely the same thing.

#49 Posted by hwy_61 (922 posts) -

I'll catch it on a matinee, and I'll be sure to leave any memories of the original at the door.

#50 Posted by Nightriff (4923 posts) -

Nope, still haven't seen the first one