jacobmccourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

Edited By jacobmccourt

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/01/29/ipad-sucks/

Check this article out for some of the critism about the iPad.

Here's my beef with the Apple iPad.

In the Apple Press Conference announcing the device, Steve Jobs touts the device as doing certain things better then a SmartPhone and certain things better then a laptop. Sure, it's portable and looks great but in my mind there's no need for this device or this "third" set of devices. You can't multitask with the device (in other words, you can only do one thing a time due to the limited processing/iPhone OS that it is running) and that alone is a dealbreaker for many people including myself.

If I need to read news, browse a site or check email on the run, sure my smartphone won't be the optimal means of viewing it, but it serves it's purpose. A limited browser in my pocket. Once I'm home, I'll use my laptop. Sure, it's not touch sensitive, but being a child of technology I need to do multiple things at the same time; MSN, iTunes, games and word processing.

I think we are going to hear (at least for the first generation of the device) about the comparasion to an oversized iPhone due to 3G Data capabilities and the fact that it runs a modified version of the iPhone Operating System a lot. And for good reason. I love Apple. I have an iPod Touch and a Macbook. I have no need for it. I can see how some people could justify a purchase at this point (as a substitute to the Amazon Kindle for example) but at this point as the astute business men and women on Dragon's Den say: "I'm Out".

jacobmccourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By jacobmccourt

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/01/29/ipad-sucks/

Check this article out for some of the critism about the iPad.

Here's my beef with the Apple iPad.

In the Apple Press Conference announcing the device, Steve Jobs touts the device as doing certain things better then a SmartPhone and certain things better then a laptop. Sure, it's portable and looks great but in my mind there's no need for this device or this "third" set of devices. You can't multitask with the device (in other words, you can only do one thing a time due to the limited processing/iPhone OS that it is running) and that alone is a dealbreaker for many people including myself.

If I need to read news, browse a site or check email on the run, sure my smartphone won't be the optimal means of viewing it, but it serves it's purpose. A limited browser in my pocket. Once I'm home, I'll use my laptop. Sure, it's not touch sensitive, but being a child of technology I need to do multiple things at the same time; MSN, iTunes, games and word processing.

I think we are going to hear (at least for the first generation of the device) about the comparasion to an oversized iPhone due to 3G Data capabilities and the fact that it runs a modified version of the iPhone Operating System a lot. And for good reason. I love Apple. I have an iPod Touch and a Macbook. I have no need for it. I can see how some people could justify a purchase at this point (as a substitute to the Amazon Kindle for example) but at this point as the astute business men and women on Dragon's Den say: "I'm Out".

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

It will still sell like an HIV/Cancer cure for 10c.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fr0br0

I went from hating it, to willing to kill a kitten to get one in a 24 hour period just from hearing the news that I could sync a bluetooth keyboard to it. Now after hearing that it can't multitask, I'm starting to hate it again. But that article is a fucking disgrace. They can't be serious about half the stuff they said...

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By artofwar420

My main beef with it is that it doesn't run a "proper" os, therefore making it unecessary if you already have an iphone and a laptop. It's just like having a giant iphone. However if your laptop is a macbook AND you own and iphone then odds are you're gonna buy it.

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fynne

Yeah.  I don't really see who it's aimed at....other than Apple fans.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By thatfrood

This thread makes me want to go eat a hamburger.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pwnasaurus

yea its just a bigger freaking ipod touch and them make it seem like its some how going to save the world god i hate apple
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By TheHBK

My beef is that they didn't do anything else but announce this shit.  I was thinking they would update the Macbook Pros or give me a $199 16 gig iPod touch.  The fact that its 8 gb then 32 gb just baffles me.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@ThatFrood said:
"

"
I shall join you, as i have no idea what the fuck an I-pad is. Apparently i have not been paying attention to the news of the world and have missed out on another of Apples shitty inventions.
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thatfrood
@CornontheCobbe said:

" @ThatFrood said:

"

"
I shall join you, as i have no idea what the fuck an I-pad is. Apparently i have not been paying attention to the news of the world and have missed out on another of Apples shitty inventions. "
I'm thinking about going to the Outback and gettin' the bloomin' onion burger. But I'll have to see if someone else on my floor wants to go with. Eating alone at the outback sucks. If not then I'll probably head over to 5 Guys, order myself a delicious jalapeno, grilled mushroom and a1 burger. You?
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@ThatFrood: Oh my god. That sounds so delicious.

Think I'll head on over to Joe Burger with my girl and pick up the 12oz Classic Burger with extra cheese and the works. Add some jalapeños and some extra gherkins. Heart clogging, but god damn does it hit the spot.
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By ProfessorEss

I had and still have a number of beefs and questions regarding the true value of the iPhone (or even the iPod for that matter) but the iPad?  I can dig that.

Now all I have to do is wait a few months for another company (one that charges reasonable prices, aka: anyone but Apple and Sony) to copy it and release it for half the price.

ma_rc_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By ma_rc_01

I just think it's dumb to make the back round, it'll always move around.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thatfrood
@CornontheCobbe said:
" @ThatFrood: Oh my god. That sounds so delicious.  Think I'll head on over to Joe Burger with my girl and pick up the 12oz Classic Burger with extra cheese and the works. Add some jalapeños and some extra gherkins. Heart clogging, but god damn does it hit the spot. "
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnngh... that sounds glorious.
I'm almost tempted to just say fuck it, ditch the classy shit and just head over to Kopps. They serve this mammoth cheeseburger that is almost 50% grease. That thing isn't just unhealthy, it's almost illegal.

OH!
I just remembered! There's this really upscale place somewhere around here, I was eating there to celebrate I can't remember what. They have this delicious, fat, 100% Kobe Beef Burger. When you take a bite out of it, it is like a symphony of flavor has erupted in your mouth. I had dreams about that thing for weeks. I almost couldn't eat anything afterwards because nothing could measure up to it. I'm half tempted to just drop the $13 dollars and go over there and buy that burger. Wash it down with a fine, German wine. A kind of wine that kicks you in the teeth, a big, bloody red wine. 

That's it. I'm sold. I'm doing this.
jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By jack_daniels

I like Pumpkins.