Beer!. . . .And. . . games?

I_am_Lono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By I_am_Lono

Right! Well, it's 18:44 and I'm 4 beers down. I've had 3 Bass and a bottle of damn good bottle conditioned hoppy ale. Trying to play cod 5 but, well, it's kind of hard when a little drunk.

I_am_Lono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By I_am_Lono

Right! Well, it's 18:44 and I'm 4 beers down. I've had 3 Bass and a bottle of damn good bottle conditioned hoppy ale. Trying to play cod 5 but, well, it's kind of hard when a little drunk.

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KnifeySpoony
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Commando

You're a little drunk after FOUR BEERS?! Uh. That's not good man. I've never met someone who drinks with a tolerance that low. You need to either drink more often, or quit drinking forever.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

What is the "damn good bottle conditioned hoppy ale"? I like a good hoppy beer.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scooper

Get yourself a few bottles of Newcastle Brown if you can find it. Lovely stuff.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@Commando: I see that as a good thing.  Low tolerance means cheaper dates.  Of course it would suck at a party to be the first to pass out, but it's also good to think all you'd have to do is bring a 6 pack and your good for the night.
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stang
@I_am_Lono said:
" Right! Well, it's 18:44 and I'm 4 beers down. I've had 3 Bass and a bottle of damn good bottle conditioned hoppy ale. Trying to play cod 5 but, well, it's kind of hard when a little drunk. "
You fail at drinking, unless you are 5'6" and weigh 140 pounds!

Tonight will be an evening marked by excessive intake of JD and Coors Light, topped off with excessive foul language while playing SFIV. Can't wait :)
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By eric_buck

He said he's a little drunk. Maybe just a bit zippy. Ya hear?

I_am_Lono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By I_am_Lono

I was a little drunk, a bit light headed. Also, I'm British so the fact that yanks are advising me how to drink is hilarious!!! Newkie Brown is total piss! I live about 2 hours away from the brewery, it's not even brewed in Newcastle! You want a real beer try Hobgoblin strong dark ale or some Bazzes Bonce Blower which is served at the Peterborough (my home town) beer festival and weighs in at a formidable Alc 11.5% Vol.

Usually I can drink 11 - 12 pints in one night when I go out, rarely though, I'm not an alcoholic. I'm also talking pints of real ale from my local, mainly JHB and hoegaarden. So, to reiterate, I'm drinking British beer not the weak, donkey piss like brew you Americans call beer.

Cheers!
@MattyFTM said:

"What is the "damn good bottle conditioned hoppy ale"? I like a good hoppy beer."
It was Victory ale from the Batemans brewery, nice pale copper ale brewed with crystal malt and English goldings hops, very nice.
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stang
@I_am_Lono said:
" I was a little drunk, a bit light headed. Also, I'm British so the fact that yanks are advising me how to drink is hilarious!!! Newkie Brown is total piss! I live about 2 hours away from the brewery, it's not even brewed in Newcastle! You want a real beer try Hobgoblin strong dark ale or some Bazzes Bonce Blower which is served at the Peterborough (my home town) beer festival and weighs in at a formidable Alc 11.5% Vol.

Usually I can drink 11 - 12 pints in one night when I go out, rarely though, I'm not an alcoholic. I'm also talking pints of real ale from my local, mainly JHB and hoegaarden. So, to reiterate, I'm drinking British beer not the weak, donkey piss like brew you Americans call beer.

Cheers!
@MattyFTM said:
"What is the "damn good bottle conditioned hoppy ale"? I like a good hoppy beer."
It was Victory ale from the Batemans brewery, nice pale copper ale brewed with crystal malt and English goldings hops, very nice. "
It is cute how you think just because you are British automatically makes you more savvy then us Americans.

And 11-12 pints? A pint is 16 fluid ounces, no? Well you got me there, after about a 12 pack I call it quits. I can only tolerate so many trips to the pisser :P
I_am_Lono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By I_am_Lono
@Stang said:
"@I_am_Lono said:
" I was a little drunk, a bit light headed. Also, I'm British so the fact that yanks are advising me how to drink is hilarious!!! Newkie Brown is total piss! I live about 2 hours away from the brewery, it's not even brewed in Newcastle! You want a real beer try Hobgoblin strong dark ale or some Bazzes Bonce Blower which is served at the Peterborough (my home town) beer festival and weighs in at a formidable Alc 11.5% Vol.

Cheers!
@MattyFTM said:
It was Victory ale from the Batemans brewery, nice pale copper ale brewed with crystal malt and English goldings hops, very nice. "
It is cute how you think just because you are British automatically makes you more savvy then us Americans. And 11-12 pints? A pint is 16 fluid ounces, no? Well you got me there, after about a 12 pack I call it quits. I can only tolerate so many trips to the pisser :P"

Touché! To be honest most Americans could drink me under the table! I just like beer, real beer. However my younger drinking days have taught me that excessive consumption leads to a night spent praying to the porcelain god and then sleeping on a pile of hand towels below the loo. Bad times.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By teh_destroyer
@Scooper said:
" Get yourself a few bottles of Newcastle Brown if you can find it. Lovely stuff. "
oh yes, one of the few only beers that I will actually drink.
Ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Ishoturface

then how did you post this?

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stang
@I_am_Lono said:
" @Stang said:
"@I_am_Lono said:

Cheers!
@MattyFTM said:
It is cute how you think just because you are British automatically makes you more savvy then us Americans. And 11-12 pints? A pint is 16 fluid ounces, no? Well you got me there, after about a 12 pack I call it quits. I can only tolerate so many trips to the pisser :P"
Touché! To be honest most Americans could drink me under the table! I just like beer, real beer. However my younger drinking days have taught me that excessive consumption leads to a night spent praying to the porcelain god and then sleeping on a pile of hand towels below the loo. Bad times. "
In all fairness, the shit you guys drink is a whole different ball game to the typical American fare. When I visited the UK, we went to a pub in some small ass town (Teesside?), and the stuff the locals were guzzling down was pretty damn strong. I guess it is all relative though, you guys grow up with it, I am sure it is the equivalent to Bud for us.

Way off topic...beautiful country is the UK. Coming from a fucking densely populated area (Orange County, California) it is simply breath taking to see in person. I have never seen so much untouched land in my entire life.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude

I can drink quite a few beers, but some games don't go well with it. Wii Sports... it's all good. College Hoops 2K8... not so much. I can catch a buzz after a few beers if I'm with the right company, but alone it takes many more. I like playing Tiger Woods while drinking beer, makes me think I'm on the course.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stang
@Claude said:
" I can drink quite a few beers, but some games don't go well with it. Wii Sports... it's all good. College Hoops 2K8... not so much. I can catch a buzz after a few beers if I'm with the right company, but alone it takes many more. I like playing Tiger Woods while drinking beer, makes me think I'm on the course. "
Are you like me, you actually play better while you are drunk? Dunno how it works, but my skills improve anytime my blood alcohol level is above .08.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Claude
@Stang said:
" @Claude said:
" I can drink quite a few beers, but some games don't go well with it. Wii Sports... it's all good. College Hoops 2K8... not so much. I can catch a buzz after a few beers if I'm with the right company, but alone it takes many more. I like playing Tiger Woods while drinking beer, makes me think I'm on the course. "
Are you like me, you actually play better while you are drunk? Dunno how it works, but my skills improve anytime my blood alcohol level is above .08. "
It all comes down to the game I'm playing. I love playing golf games while drunk or drinking take your pick. I also did quite well with Assassin's Creed while drunk. College Hoops 2K8 on the other hand, too many button presses and do it now times that I would miss.
I_am_Lono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By I_am_Lono
@Stang said:
"@I_am_Lono said:
" @Stang said:
"@I_am_Lono said:

Cheers!
@MattyFTM said:
Touché! To be honest most Americans could drink me under the table! I just like beer, real beer. However my younger drinking days have taught me that excessive consumption leads to a night spent praying to the porcelain god and then sleeping on a pile of hand towels below the loo. Bad times. "
In all fairness, the shit you guys drink is a whole different ball game to the typical American fare. When I visited the UK, we went to a pub in some small ass town (Teesside?), and the stuff the locals were guzzling down was pretty damn strong. I guess it is all relative though, you guys grow up with it, I am sure it is the equivalent to Bud for us.Way off topic...beautiful country is the UK. Coming from a fucking densely populated area (Orange County, California) it is simply breath taking to see in person. I have never seen so much untouched land in my entire life."

Teesside? Close to the North Yorkshire Moors, very nice indeed. I trust you had a pint of traditional Yorkshire bitter?

Propper English beer is often quite a bit stronger than American beer, Bud is brewed under licence over here, but is infact stronger to satisfy the UK market. Most Brits drink tasteless commercial lager which is meant to be from Belgium or Australia or Mexico, but is infact brewed in Wales! We like to think we're a nation of hard drinking bastards, but we're not. Germany know how to drink, their beer will knock your bollocks off and they serve it in 2 litre mugs.

Thanks mate, I'm glad you like old blighty, there are some very beautiful places, the lake district, The Giant's Causeway,  . . unfortunatly I live in peterborough which is about a beautiful as the 7th circle of hell.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kmdrkul
@Claude said:
" @Stang said:
" @Claude said:
Are you like me, you actually play better while you are drunk? Dunno how it works, but my skills improve anytime my blood alcohol level is above .08. "
It all comes down to the game I'm playing. I love playing golf games while drunk or drinking take your pick. I also did quite well with Assassin's Creed while drunk. College Hoops 2K8 on the other hand, too many button presses and do it now times that I would miss. "
For whatever reason I'm pretty good at shooting games when buzzed - I ain't good at anything shitfaced drunk, though. 
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ahriman22

Be a man and drink Bacardi 151.

Don't light a cigarette or try to blow out a candle though.

I would've said Everclear, but it's illegal in some states and hard to get your hands on anyways.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By teh_destroyer
@ahriman22 said:
" Be a man and drink Bacardi 151. Don't light a cigarette or try to blow out a candle though.I would've said Everclear, but it's illegal in some states and hard to get your hands on anyways. "
Bacardi fucks you up pretty quickly 0.o.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ahriman22
@teh_destroyer: I know, but at least you could say "I GOT DRUNK OFF A 75% ALCOHOLIC DRINK UNLIKE YOU LIGHTWEIGHTS AND YOUR BEER LOL". Try playing staircase with 151...
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By teh_destroyer
@ahriman22 said:
" @teh_destroyer: I know, but at least you could say "I GOT DRUNK OFF A 75% ALCOHOLIC DRINK UNLIKE YOU LIGHTWEIGHTS AND YOUR BEER LOL". Try playing staircase with 151... "
I was so wasted after about 3 drinks of that shit that I passed out  really fast. Besides, I would have never drank it in the first place if my roommate hadn't brought it home one time, lol.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iam3green

i like to drink jagerbombs when i play sometimes. it's redbull and jagermiester. i'm a light weight lol. i'm 5'6, 125 pounds. i barely drink, it's just not in my family to drink havely.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Gunner
@ahriman22 said:
" @teh_destroyer: I know, but at least you could say "I GOT DRUNK OFF A 75% ALCOHOLIC DRINK UNLIKE YOU LIGHTWEIGHTS AND YOUR BEER LOL". Try playing staircase with 151... "
its not fun when you get wasted off a few 2 ounce shots.

when you do a few beer bongs and attend a beer drinking contest while still being able to keep your shit together, your having a good time.