• 73 results
#1 Posted by FinalDasa (1973 posts) -

Yuengling for me, I live very close to one of their breweries and all I can say is free beer :D 

But what is your choice?

#2 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

None. I drink white russians.

#3 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

i do not prefer beer. i prefer whiskey

#4 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I have my favorites, but I'm a cheap drunk on my own.

And being from the South... NASCAR

I rest my case.
#5 Posted by Joey2683 (370 posts) -

Cabernet Sauvignon    

#6 Posted by FinalDasa (1973 posts) -
@Disengage said:
" None. I drink white russians. "
Really...with milk? o.O
#7 Posted by Phished0ne (2531 posts) -

mmm white russian.... 

but  the only correct beer answer is, and always will be, Guinness.

#8 Posted by ALTF4_FOR_COLORS (146 posts) -
@FinalDasa: 

I really don't drink beer all that often, but when I do I prefer Shiner Bock.
#9 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -
@FinalDasa said:
" @Disengage said:
Really...with milk? o.O "
With cream, yes.
#10 Posted by mshaw006 (563 posts) -

St. Pauli Girl.

#11 Posted by cannibeast (35 posts) -

Cold, preferably. Ah ha ha, but seriously...

We here in WA state are blessed with many many microbrews to with which to wet our whistles. It would be "literally" impossible to choose just one. My favorite is whatever looks new and interesting on the store shelf at the time.

Some of my favorite Breweries are Pyramid, Sierra Nevada, Deschutes, Red Hook, Rogue, Stone, and California's own Lagunitas (my current obsession).

As for "styles" of beer, I like a good Stout, Amber Ale, ESB, and especially an IPA (love that hops). Yep, I like to "taste" my beer, boys. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not one of those hipster beer elitist types. I was raised on Bud, PBR, High Life and Milwaukee's Best, and I still enjoy them when the mood takes me (or I'm on a budget).

My current "go-to" beers are Pyramid Thunderhead IPA, New Belgium 1554, and whatever Lagunita's Limited Release happens to be at the moment.

#12 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

Shiner Bock / Black, Guinness

#13 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

well early tonight i was drinking Budweiser and bud lite. i really just drink what ever i feel like.

#14 Posted by MonkeyGekko (278 posts) -

Calsberg Classic. Because I'm danish.

#15 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -

Schooner. 

The best beer is always brewed home. Nova Scotia in this case.
#16 Posted by hai2u (322 posts) -

heineken. becasue im asian.

#17 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Because I'm Canadian Eh
#18 Posted by Addfwyn (1942 posts) -

In no particular order: 
 Sapporo, Asahi, Guinness, Stella Artolis. 

On occasion, Hoegaarden works.

#19 Posted by Yummylee (22272 posts) -

Cheap vodka mixed with orange Fanta is all I need.
#20 Edited by ThatFrood (3376 posts) -

Stella Artois and Sapporo are the ones I can get anywhere and are good. In wisconsin I remembe I really liked New Glarus.
Usually, though, I just have vodka and water.

also, my favorite beer commercials of all time: 

#21 Posted by DarkS29 (74 posts) -

These are all beers i enjoy having not in any particular order: Hoegaarden, Paulaner, Guinness, Hertog Jan, Erdinger, Schneider Weisse, Red Stripe, Bass, Newcastle Brown Ale, Kirin Ichiban, Birra Moretti, Grolsch and im sure im missing a few i cant remember of the top of my head...

#22 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6400 posts) -

I dont drink beer, I am more of a man who orders a j&b on the rocks.
#23 Posted by watsonphys (19 posts) -

Moosehead is my choice, it's Canadian.

#24 Posted by MikeFightNight (1117 posts) -

After a recent trip to Cuba Crystal is my favourite, but I found out the hard way when I got back I can't get that here:(

But I will pretty much drink it all I am no snob, Corona's go down like water in the summer, and I do have a soft spot for Bud and Heniken. 

The only two I dislike are Coors and Guiness.  Oh I hate Guiness with a passion.

#25 Posted by MattyFTM (14423 posts) -

I don't have a particular favourite brewery/beer. Any nice hoppy real ale will do me just fine.

#26 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

Not a particular favorite brand but I do enjoy a nice porter, or bock in the winter and a good wheat beer in the summer.

#27 Posted by raiz265 (2242 posts) -

Kilkenny or Beck's

#28 Posted by phlegms (1607 posts) -

I'm a big fan of Budvar or Prazsky. Both are delicious and easy to drink.

#29 Posted by Blair (2525 posts) -

Stella Artois, Heineken and Creemore.

Fuck, I love beer.

#30 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

I like a Kronenberg.

#31 Edited by MB (12911 posts) -

Young's Double Chocolate Stout, in a bottle, not in a can. I prefer the extra carbonation of the bottled form.

#32 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@MB said:
" Young's Double Chocolate Stout, in a bottle, not in a can. I prefer the extra carbonation of the bottled form. "
I hear that. I don't like most beer from a can. Beer's just alot more refreshing and enjoyable from an ice-cold bottle in my opinion.
#33 Posted by Addfwyn (1942 posts) -
@ookamiwarrior:  
Having lived in Japan, you get really used to japanese beers + guinness  :P.  They have some pretty solid beers though, and the fact that Guinness is readily available is always a plus.
#34 Posted by MB (12911 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @MB said:
" Young's Double Chocolate Stout, in a bottle, not in a can. I prefer the extra carbonation of the bottled form. "
I hear that. I don't like most beer from a can. Beer's just alot more refreshing and enjoyable from an ice-cold bottle in my opinion. "
Not only that, but with stouts they are completely different beers when in a can because of the nitrogen.
#35 Posted by Korne (625 posts) -

For cheap beer, Killians Red Irish is the way to go. Great beer for $9.00 a 12 pack. 

Overall, my favorite is probably Obsidian Stout (Oregon) or Moose Drool (Montana). I like the thick beers from the NW America best. 

#36 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -

The only true answer here is Keith's:

Because I...AM...(eastern) CANADIAN!
#37 Posted by Korne (625 posts) -
@cannibeast said:
" Cold, preferably. Ah ha ha, but seriously...  We here in WA state are blessed with many many microbrews to with which to wet our whistles. It would be "literally" impossible to choose just one. My favorite is whatever looks new and interesting on the store shelf at the time.  Some of my favorite Breweries are Pyramid, Sierra Nevada, Deschutes, Red Hook, Rogue, Stone, and California's own Lagunitas (my current obsession).  As for "styles" of beer, I like a good Stout, Amber Ale, ESB, and especially an IPA (love that hops). Yep, I like to "taste" my beer, boys. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not one of those hipster beer elitist types. I was raised on Bud, PBR, High Life and Milwaukee's Best, and I still enjoy them when the mood takes me (or I'm on a budget).  My current "go-to" beers are Pyramid Thunderhead IPA, New Belgium 1554, and whatever Lagunita's Limited Release happens to be at the moment. "
Amen... seriously, we are so lucky in WA state. Red Hook is very good (I'm enjoying their blonde right now), Sierra Nevada is great, and Deschutes makes beer that everyone enjoys (most like Mirror Pond, I love Obsidian).
#38 Posted by Undeadpool (4986 posts) -
@Disengage said:
Ahhhh, delicious. But expensive. 
I myself like Fat Tire the best, but I've been down to tear into Guinness, Sam Adams and even Simpler Times. I like gin best of all though.
#39 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1549 posts) -

It depends really. I love Guiness Stout but don't drink it that often, makes me too full. Heineken is another favorite but I enjoyed it more in Europe, it tastes funny in America - I've been spoiled. 

Normally I just drink whatever is on tap.

#40 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -
@Out_On_Bail said:
" It depends really. I love Guiness Stout but don't drink it that often, makes me too full. Heineken is another favorite but I enjoyed it more in Europe, it tastes funny in America - I've been spoiled.  Normally I just drink whatever is on tap. "
Find Heineken in a can, or buy the mini Keg, its almost identical to what they have in Holland.
#41 Posted by jNerd (2019 posts) -

I thought the title said "Beef of Choice"....... fuck this thread

#42 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

becks IS superior to anything else. Generally though i don't mind much so long as it isn't watery crap like budweiser or carling. Seriously though, i was in manchester a week ago, in one pub they had pints of fosters then after a couple we went to another one which unusually had becks on tap (usually it's in very overpriced bottles). Seriously though, the becks tasted HUNDREDS of times stronger and better. And i was already in that slightly drunk stage where you stop contemplating the taste of what you're drinking.

Oh and btw, guinness is not beer. Sorry folks.

#43 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -
@crunchUK said:
" becks IS superior to anything else. Generally though i don't mind much so long as it isn't watery crap like budweiser or carling. Seriously though, i was in manchester a week ago, in one pub they had pints of fosters then after a couple we went to another one which unusually had becks on tap (usually it's in very overpriced bottles). Seriously though, the becks tasted HUNDREDS of times stronger and better. And i was already in that slightly drunk stage where you stop contemplating the taste of what you're drinking. Oh and btw, guinness is not beer. Sorry folks. "
I'm interested in knowing what you think Guinness is then?
#44 Posted by SmithSyndicate (95 posts) -

Labatt Blue.

But, in Mexico I fell in love with Dos Equis and Pacifico (with lime, of course).

#45 Posted by Nitro (17 posts) -

Heineken

Bud light is bad light

#46 Posted by Ominym (12 posts) -

Rolling Rock.

But even beer city will do.

#47 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -

Root Beer.

#48 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

Carlsberg or Foster's, or Guinness :)

#49 Posted by jakob187 (21728 posts) -

Personally, I'm more of a scotch drinker nowadays.  However, if there is beer: 

It's not a pilsner, but rather a lager.
You can't drink it from the bottle, as it is yeast-activated.  Basically, you pour half into your glass, then swish the rest until the head is starting to reach the top of the bottle, then pour the rest.  Top it off with a lemon.  It's great stuff. 

Other than that, I like a good red lager, but unfortunately, the only thing I can find around my town is Killian's.  It does the trick just fine, though.
#50 Posted by Bombs_Away (1010 posts) -

Carlsberg Extra Cold