best $100 headphones

petch117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By petch117

I am debating on if i should get the sony mdr v-6, or sennheiser 555.  does anyone have any of these or can recommend me a good pair. 

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By matthew

I use the Sony MDR series.  Besides being comfortable to wear, they're not overly huge on either ear.  And sound quality is awesome.  Sony really knows their stuff.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine

I have  a pair of sennheiser  CX 300 that ar e relatively inexpensive and I absolutely love them. The sound quality is great and I coudn't ask for more in a pair of ear buds. Sennheiser is a great brand.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

That is way to much money for headphones.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolverine
natetodamax said:
"That is way to much money for headphones."
Not necessarily. If you live in an apartment and can listen to music loud because you don't want to bother your neighbors and are really into your audio then it is a reasonable price.
REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By REDRUN

try this setup for less than $100

Grado's SR60 ($69.00 MSRP), Boostaroo Head Phone Amp ($29.99 MSRP), and any volume controller attachment.

This sounds especially well for any Dolby output. The open air design gives help make the mids sound crystal clear without it being drowned out by heavy bass.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By DukesT3

I use a pair of the $100 shure headphones and I personally love them. They might not be the best but they get the job done for me.

Jesus_Juice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Jesus_Juice

I use the Audeo PFE. They're a bit over $100, (they're $140) but they're totally worth it.

yeahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By yeahx

Yeah the HD555 sound great. I also have the Audeo PFE and I agree with Jesus_Juice. They are inner ear, but they are amazing! I ended up getting them after reading how people compared them to ones that cost $300+. I haven't tried them for gaming though. The HD555 might be better if you want them for gaming and really have to stick to that budget.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By REDRUN
Jesus_Juice said:
"I use the Audeo PFE. They're a bit over $100, (they're $140) but they're totally worth it."
yeahx said:
"Yeah the HD555 sound great. I also have the Audeo PFE and I agree with Jesus_Juice. They are inner ear, but they are amazing! I ended up getting them after reading how people compared them to ones that cost $300+. I haven't tried them for gaming though. The HD555 might be better if you want them for gaming and really have to stick to that budget."
Wow, I looked up the product review on the Audeo PFE and I was at a disbelief. I had always thought inner ears would not produce sounds as around ears or open aired. Now I am curious about them. I was looking for a good pair of inner ears or earbuds i can wear with comfort for extended sessions and gaming. I use over ears and open air with headphone amp and inline volume control for better than out the box experience and comfort. I plugged in a pair of  Bose in-ear headphones I bought and the results wasn't what I expected. They sound great, better than any $30+ in-ears, but tend to slip off and not be too comfortable for over an hour's use. The Audeo PFE looks comfortable by design, could you confirm that for me please. Would you recomend it for gaming?
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Red

Don't underestimate Sharper Image. I had a $70 pair and they were just excellent. I couldn't actually tell if I had them on our not, the cord was long, they weren't too big, they could fold up, and they had good sound quality.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By REDRUN
Red said:
"Don't underestimate Sharper Image. I had a $70 pair and they were just excellent. I couldn't actually tell if I had them on our not, the cord was long, they weren't too big, they could fold up, and they had good sound quality."
You got to try adding a headphone amp with an inline volume control, even my cheaps sound way better. Boostaroo make an inexpensive one.
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Get the Sennheiser 555's they are great headphones, amazing sound.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Osaladin

I have the HD 555s, I love them to death. Extremely comfortable, even when I wear glasses, open ear so my ears don't sweat, they look pretty sweet, and besides all else, they sound terrific. Best headphones I've ever had.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ahriman22

HD 205s. The best IMO for something around there , But Sennheiser is always reliable.

Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Maru

Like the users above said get HD 555.  I can wear them for hours without any discomfort, not to mention the great sound.

yeahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yeahx
REDRUN said:
The Audeo PFE looks comfortable by design, could you confirm that for me please. Would you recomend it for gaming?"
I can wear these all day and they do benefit from an extra boost, I haven't used my Boosteroo in forever but I have 2 portable headphone amps that work well with them. They do have that great open "soundstage" of big cans. Someone said they even sounded like the Sennheiser HD650! I do love my HD555s too, but the one thing I would say that bothers me sometimes is if you wear them in warm weather, your ears will get  a bit toasty. There is a great little cheap amp with volume control, built in battery, great sound, and USB rechargable that is called Fiio E5. It's cheap made in china stuff, but great for about $20ish around the web. Yeah I'm too into this portable sound junk :)
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolverine
REDRUN said:
"Jesus_Juice said:
"I use the Audeo PFE. They're a bit over $100, (they're $140) but they're totally worth it."
yeahx said:
"Yeah the HD555 sound great. I also have the Audeo PFE and I agree with Jesus_Juice. They are inner ear, but they are amazing! I ended up getting them after reading how people compared them to ones that cost $300+. I haven't tried them for gaming though. The HD555 might be better if you want them for gaming and really have to stick to that budget."
Wow, I looked up the product review on the Audeo PFE and I was at a disbelief. I had always thought inner ears would not produce sounds as around ears or open aired. Now I am curious about them. I was looking for a good pair of inner ears or earbuds i can wear with comfort for extended sessions and gaming. I use over ears and open air with headphone amp and inline volume control for better than out the box experience and comfort. I plugged in a pair of  Bose in-ear headphones I bought and the results wasn't what I expected. They sound great, better than any $30+ in-ears, but tend to slip off and not be too comfortable for over an hour's use. The Audeo PFE looks comfortable by design, could you confirm that for me please. Would you recomend it for gaming?"
Wolverine said:
"I have  a pair of sennheiser  CX 300 that ar e relatively inexpensive and I absolutely love them. The sound quality is great and I coudn't ask for more in a pair of ear buds. Sennheiser is a great brand."
Get them. They sound great and are pretty cheap.
SidVicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SidVicious

I have a pair of inner ear sennheiser,  I am in complete  love with them. You will not regret them. I would go to a store and demo a few pairs with your own music.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By REDRUN
yeahx said:
"REDRUN said:
The Audeo PFE looks comfortable by design, could you confirm that for me please. Would you recomend it for gaming?"
I can wear these all day and they do benefit from an extra boost, I haven't used my Boosteroo in forever but I have 2 portable headphone amps that work well with them. They do have that great open "soundstage" of big cans. Someone said they even sounded like the Sennheiser HD650! I do love my HD555s too, but the one thing I would say that bothers me sometimes is if you wear them in warm weather, your ears will get  a bit toasty. There is a great little cheap amp with volume control, built in battery, great sound, and USB rechargable that is called Fiio E5. It's cheap made in china stuff, but great for about $20ish around the web. Yeah I'm too into this portable sound junk :)"
ZOMG!!! I am all over the Filo E5. Thanks for the recommendation. Dude, you gotta try out the Grado's SR60, they sound amazing for a below $100.00 headphones. I recommend it for personal use for the audophiles. It does leak sound because they are open air and it does not cancel sound. The open air design does blend sound well without the bass drowning out the highs and mids, completely different experience that an in-ear or sound cancel design.

I am planning on picking up the Audeo PFE also on my next paycheck. I wanted a good in-ear or bud design so I don't get the headphone hair when I try to squeeze in playtime before I hit the bars.
HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By HydraHam

http://www.trittonusa.com/

I use the AX pro, i payed 150, it ranges around 150-170, i mainly got them because it gives you a true feeling of 5.1, has a total of 8 speakers, 4 in each ear and it booms.. i bought it because of that and the fact that i cant be blasting a real surround sound or i will get kicked out of my apartment, i havent tested it on PC but for movies, 360 and ps3 its frakkin mind blowing

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By REDRUN
Styl3s said:
"http://www.trittonusa.com/I use the AX pro, i payed 150, it ranges around 150-170, i mainly got them because it gives you a true feeling of 5.1, has a total of 8 speakers, 4 in each ear and it booms.. i bought it because of that and the fact that i cant be blasting a real surround sound or i will get kicked out of my apartment, i havent tested it on PC but for movies, 360 and ps3 its frakkin mind blowing"
Tritton make a mean 5.1 headset for gaming, but I have my eyes set on a pair of Astro's. Many say they are overrated, yet they don't own them. Some say they love them and was money well spent. For $250 bucks, I got to be crazy to buy something that cost as much as a new console. I am an audiophile, I prefer headphones over speakers any day, and a little crazy. I am saving every scrap of aluminum, blood and sperm (i can make more) to sell for the Holy Grail of gaming headphones.
bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bjorno

sennheiser 555s.
It's german, and you know they make good stuff.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Oni

Just ordered a Sennheiser 555 thanks to you gentlemen, like I really needed to spend more money, geez :p I had a set of Speedlink Medusa 5.1 headphones for my PC and they're alright, but not great, as this thread reminded me.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RetroIce4

I got 2 skullcandy's for $70. Not great, but good. Cheap too. I got these huge ass gold ones I love.