#1 Posted by darthvader300 (48 posts) -

#2 Posted by TheKramer89 (423 posts) -

i gotta say, i absolutely hate AC/DC, but if there's one song i can kinda tolerate, it's "shook me all night long"

#3 Posted by IBurningStar (2171 posts) -

Stairway to Heaven.

#4 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I don't like death metal.

#5 Posted by JasonR86 (9694 posts) -
#6 Posted by ShaggE (6450 posts) -

Big Balls, and that one where Brian Johnson sounds like Bon Scott.

#7 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1209 posts) -

I respect AC/DC because of their ability to take the same basic song and sell it a shit ton for decades, but I do not like their music

#8 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Outside of the Back in Black album, I'm not really a fan of their stuff other than a few select songs. Shoot to Thrill is the best though.

#9 Posted by BaneFireLord (2933 posts) -

I'm going to assume that Ride the Lightning and Money are jokes... 
Let There Be Rock is pretty awesome. I'm also partial to Thunderstruck.

#10 Posted by eugenesaxe (199 posts) -

They have more than one?

#11 Posted by NegativeCero (2999 posts) -

Hells Bells.

#12 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

I don't like death metal.

You must not be a Maroon 5 fan, then.

Anyway, my favorite from this list is either Let There Be Rock or Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, but my real favorite's probably Big Balls

#13 Edited by avidwriter (667 posts) -

None of them, since they all sound exactly the same.

E@eugenesaxe said:

They have more than one?

+1

#14 Posted by crusader8463 (14421 posts) -

The one involving engorged testicles.

#15 Posted by BisonHero (6488 posts) -

Thunder Busters.

#16 Posted by Mendelson9 (402 posts) -

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap is the best AC/DC song. Here is a video of a guy that loves the song too.

#17 Edited by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

Not on your list (you should have added "other:) and probably their least known song and I believe, only cover:

Bon Scot as a school girl = not attractive in a Sarah Jessica Parker way.

#18 Posted by DudeSupreme (212 posts) -

Touch Too Much, but since that isnt there Ill go with Let There Be Rock.

#19 Posted by CookieMonster (2417 posts) -
#20 Edited by CptBedlam (4450 posts) -

@TheVeteran13: @eugenesaxe: @avidwriter: Gotta love this popular misconception coming from guys that only know TNT and Highway to Hell... keep parroting it, guys! You're cool because all these songs clearly sound exactly the same:

That fact is: I could quote all of AC/DCs songs and (almost) none of them would sound alike.

Your poll sucks.

#21 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1209 posts) -

@CptBedlam: Thanks for the examples, I was clearly wrong and you have now completely changed my opinion of them

#22 Posted by DeanoXD (608 posts) -

Jailbreak from 74' Jailbreak

#23 Posted by CptBedlam (4450 posts) -

@TheVeteran13: My sarcasm detector just exploded ... but yes, you were wrong.

#24 Posted by jewunit (1060 posts) -

I happen to like AC/DC quite a bit. I know they can be....repetitious, but I think it's part of their charm. They play uncompromising rock n' roll and you either like that style or you don't.

If you are looking for something that sounds a little different though, Ride On is pretty good.

#25 Posted by eugenesaxe (199 posts) -

@CptBedlam:

Then explain to me why THE BAND ITSELF admits to it. And YOU'RE cool for being able to quote an AC/DC song. Nobody else on the planet can possibly accomplish that feat of nothingness.

#26 Edited by CptBedlam (4450 posts) -

@eugenesaxe said:

@CptBedlam:

Then explain to me why THE BAND ITSELF admits to it. And YOU'RE cool for being able to quote an AC/DC song. Nobody else on the planet can possibly accomplish that feat of nothingness.

Have you seen the video where Angus "admits" it? He turns it into a joke, because he knows trying to explain music theory to ordinary people is futile... he's not a teacher and frankly, he doesn't care. None of the AC/DC albums sound the same, none of the songs sound the same. That's just a fact and if you're not completely deaf, you'd know it.

I had to quote a few songs because people who utter this funny misconception usually know about three ac/dc songs.

But go on, give me an example of two acdc songs that sound exactly the same.

#27 Posted by big_jon (5724 posts) -

They're all bad.

#28 Posted by eugenesaxe (199 posts) -

@CptBedlam: Whatever fanboy. So sorry the truth hurts you so deeply.

/discussion.

#29 Edited by Intro (1207 posts) -

Don't listen to them on purpose, but I know just about every word to all their songs.

It's a tough decision, I'll say Shoot to Kill though.

#30 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

A touch too much

#31 Posted by TobbRobb (4638 posts) -

Hells Bells by far

#32 Posted by yakov456 (1908 posts) -

Big Gun.

#33 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I enjoy more than a few, but I'd say Shoot to Thrill might be my favourite.

#34 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@TheVeteran13 said:

I respect AC/DC because of their ability to take the same basic song and sell it a shit ton for decades, but I do not like their music

Yeah. I used to like them in Middle School but once you pay more attention you realize how completely one-dimensional they are. Also, after listening to that piece of shit "Black Ice" I will never enjoy them again.

#35 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I don't particularly enjoy AC/DC's music, but Shoot to Thrill is my favorite if I had to pick one.

#36 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

/thread

#37 Posted by laserbolts (5321 posts) -

AC/DC are utter shit but I guess dynamite is their best song

#38 Posted by Illuminosopher (327 posts) -

Back in Black.

#39 Posted by TooWalrus (13195 posts) -

Moneytalks, it's the best love song ever written.

#40 Posted by mlarrabee (2947 posts) -

Can I combine the verses and bridge from Back in Black with the chorus of Shoot to Thrill?

#41 Posted by Whamola (131 posts) -

They became incredibly stagnant after Bon Scott died. So I guess Riff Raff, but I don't think I've listened to anything by them since I was in middle school.

#42 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

AC/DC has more than one song?

#43 Posted by tineyoghurt (358 posts) -

@Contrarian said:

Not on your list (you should have added "other:) and probably their least known song and I believe, only cover:

The guitar on that song, it's too awesome. Otherwise I'm partial to Night Prowler. Nanu nanu.

#44 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

@tineyoghurt said:

@Contrarian said:

The guitar on that song, it's too awesome. Otherwise I'm partial to Night Prowler. Nanu nanu.

I suggest to anyone who likes AC/DC to "find" the full studio version of this, about 5 minutes of it, and listen to some of the best guitar work you will ever hear. I am not a metal fan, but this along with Van Halen's (who I don't like) Hot For Teacher really work for me.

#45 Posted by ZombieSpace (286 posts) -

Whole lotta rosie!

#46 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Back in Black from that list.

#47 Edited by CptBedlam (4450 posts) -

@eugenesaxe said:

@CptBedlam: Whatever fanboy. So sorry the truth hurts you so deeply.

/discussion.

Cool argument, clueless guy. No examples of songs that sound exactly the same? What a surprise...