#1 Edited by Xeno (130 posts) -

I'm gonna have to go with Angel Dust.

Angel Dust roolz.

#2 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1033 posts) -

You know what? I tried to think of a better one than "Angel Dust," but I just couldn't. So, I guess I agree. Come to think of it, I haven't really listened to a Faith No More album all the way through in years. I should dig out my CDs and have a go.

... ...

And I can't believe somebody actually posted a topic in the Mike Patton forum. Hell, I can't believe there even is a Mike Patton forum.
#3 Posted by Xeno (130 posts) -

I know, isn't it great?

#4 Posted by shaletron (3 posts) -

agreed, although california and disco volante both have some of the best songs...but angel dust was just a start to finish album..so good

#5 Posted by wafflestomp (247 posts) -

Angel Dust for sure.

#6 Posted by Xeno (130 posts) -
shaletron said:
agreed, although california and disco volante both have some of the best songs...
Desert Search for Techno Allah off Disco Volante is one of my favorites.
#7 Posted by Eli (334 posts) -

I really have to say Angel Dust. Although, Mr. Bungle is great. I mean damn, my Xbox Live gamertag is Techno AIIah.(Two i's, though.)

#8 Posted by 4thPersonJohn (25 posts) -

Oh god, as if I could choose...

King for a Day, Fool For a Lifetime = Disco Volante > California = Peeping Tom = Angel Dust > The Director's Cut > the rest

#9 Posted by Vod_Crack (701 posts) -

Very tough. Angel Dust, Disco Volante and the Mr. Bungle S/T probably top my list.

#10 Posted by eulogize_my_baked_goods (136 posts) -

Angel Dust is great, no doubt. Just the breadth of music on that album. It's the same reason I've come to love Fantômas - each album has been a completely unique trip into Pattons head. Here's the curve ball though; for my money the best FnM album was Live at the Brixton Academy. Sure, not original material but it showcases the band as the stellar live act they were. The version of War Pigs on that recording is sublime.

#11 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

+1 for Angel Dust

#12 Posted by AlexW00d (6167 posts) -

Irony is a dead scene because it is the only thing with him on I have ever fully listened to.

#13 Edited by Marz (5641 posts) -

I have a soft spot for Mr Bungle - California  has some of my favorite songs on there.  Then Angel Dust then the first Tomahawk album.

#14 Posted by Ghostiet (5208 posts) -

Mr. Bungle - Mr. Bungle.

#15 Posted by FesteringNeon (2158 posts) -

When he teamed up with Dillinger Escape Plan

#16 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

LOVAGE.

#17 Posted by Chop (1991 posts) -

Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By

Lovage is bitchin' 
#18 Posted by DetectiveSpecial (464 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
" LOVAGE. "
@Chop said:
" Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By

Lovage is bitchin' 
"
You two just made my day. 
Lovage is my favorite, hands down.
#19 Posted by 71Ranchero (2671 posts) -

Gonna go against the grain here and say the first Tomahawk album. 

#20 Posted by nutter (122 posts) -

Holy shit, a Mike Patton forum? Anyhow, I've held a serious love for King for a Day since the day that album came out.

California is another favorite. I love some Angel Dust and Disco Volante, but I appreciate the more traditional structures of KFAD and California.

#21 Posted by nutter (122 posts) -
@Atramentous

Jockstrap.

I really dig that entire album, but just Jockstrap. Great tune.
#22 Posted by SamFo (1513 posts) -

California

#23 Posted by WilloughbyJackson (36 posts) -

For me, I like California, Peeping Tom and Angel Dust a lot.

I also love listening to Director's Cut...

#24 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6285 posts) -

Angel Dust has Midlife Crisis, so that.

#25 Posted by crazyleaves (635 posts) -

King for a Day > Angel Dust = The Real Thing

And while jogging my memory of how fucking old I am I saw this on Wikipedia about, King for a Day...Fool for a Lifetime.

" A 7 x 7-inch box set of singles was released, which included the B-sides and some interviews between the songs."

Holy shit! If these are vinyl I need to find that shit pronto.

#26 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Kaada/Patton - Romances

#27 Posted by forkboy (1107 posts) -

I think that Disco Volante probably wins out for me. Then California, then Angel Dust probably. After that it gets damn hard. But Mr Bungle are certainly my favourite Patton project. In fact tah for bumping all this, think it's time to give Disco Volante a spin.

#28 Edited by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

The only Faith No More album that I have ever really listened to is King For a Day. That was years ago but I remember liking it.

#29 Posted by Kidavenger (3485 posts) -

The first Mr Bungle is probably my favourite now as it's aged a lot better than The Real Thing which was far and away my favourite back in the day.

Never liked Angel Dust for whatever reason.

#30 Edited by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

Personally, my favorite thing that he's ever done was Fantomas' Delirium Cordia. If I was ever going to write a 74 minute song, it would definitely be as awesome as that.

I'm also partial to that whole minute he was in Dillinger as well.