Best Cowboy Movie EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make pick?

• 84 results
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dr_Cash

I know Eastwood gets respect and also got to give some love to good old The Duke himself. And yeah Young Guns is the shit.

But bar none old or new hands down this crown goes to the brilliant and bad ass.

Tombstone

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

The good the bad and the ugly was really impressive, that's my favourite.  Never seen tombstone, I will check it out someday.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Tombstone was a horrific movie.  Bad set pieces that looked fake as Hell, and I don't understand how everyone claims that the acting was superb.  There was better acting by Kevin Costner in Wyatt Earp, which was an even worse film.

You have to give respect to THESE movies, as they are true Westerns:

Shane
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Unforgiven
McLintock
The Proposition
Lonesome Dove
The Searchers
Once Upon a Time in the West
A Fistful of Dollars (fuck everyone that says GB&U is the best of the trilogy)
The Magnificent Seven
Rio Bravo
High Noon

Also, if you want an INCREDIBLE version of Wyatt Earp, I would suggest Henry Fonda's rendition in My Darling Clementine.

Also also...Young Guns is trash.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By mracoon

This should really be in off-topic but anyway I'd also have to go with the good, the bad and the ugly for my choice. A great film.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheFreeMan

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is my favourite , more traditional, cowboy/western film.

Unforgiven is, in my opinion, just the best damn western ever.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jakob187

*UGH*  Seriously?  Why does everyone like GB&U?  Have they never SEEN A Fistful of Dollars or For A Few Dollars More?  Those movies rip apart GB&U!!!  The Outlaw Josey Wales makes GB&U look like child's play!  Sure, it's a good movie and all, but it is not THAT great.  Hell, A Fistful of Dynamite is almost better than that, and it's probably the most obscure Leone film EVER!

Despite all that, nothing beats Henry Fonda and Charlie Bronson in Once Upon A Time in the West.  THAT, personally, just devastates the entire Man with No Name trilogy.  It's probably the best Western ever made...if it weren't for the fact that, ya know...Unforgiven exists.
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dr_Cash
jakob187 said:
"Tombstone was a horrific movie.  Bad set pieces that looked fake as Hell, and I don't understand how everyone claims that the acting was superb.  There was better acting by Kevin Costner in Wyatt Earp, which was an even worse film.

You have to give respect to THESE movies, as they are true Westerns:

Shane
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Unforgiven
McLintock
The Proposition
Lonesome Dove
The Searchers
Once Upon a Time in the West
A Fistful of Dollars (fuck everyone that says GB&U is the best of the trilogy)
The Magnificent Seven
Rio Bravo
High Noon

Also, if you want an INCREDIBLE version of Wyatt Earp, I would suggest Henry Fonda's rendition in My Darling Clementine.

Also also...Young Guns is trash.
"
Like I said I got mad props for Eastwood Ilove all his western. Yes so many other goodones.

But come on man Tombstone is just awsome. IDNO maybe I like it so much because Val kilmer played such a cool Doc Holiday.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jakob187
TheFreeMan said:
"The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is my favourite , more traditional, cowboy/western film.Unforgiven is, in my opinion, just the best damn western ever."
GB&U is a traditional Western?!  Um...it's a spaghetti revenge Western.  You want "traditional Western"?  Then you need John Wayne in a bright pink shirt.  THAT is considered traditional Western.

Sorry about all the negativity and hostility, guys, but I'm a Western enthusiast.  Growing up in Texas gives me a deep-seeded appreciation for the genre.  That's why it almost pains me to see that no one has even mentioned the brilliance of Lonesome Dove or Magnificent Seven (even though M Seven is just Seven Samurai retold in Western form).
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ArchScabby
jakob187 said:
"*UGH*  Seriously?  Why does everyone like GB&U?  Have they never SEEN A Fistful of Dollars or For A Few Dollars More?  Those movies rip apart GB&U!!!  The Outlaw Josey Wales makes GB&U look like child's play!  Sure, it's a good movie and all, but it is not THAT great.  Hell, A Fistful of Dynamite is almost better than that, and it's probably the most obscure Leone film EVER!

Despite all that, nothing beats Henry Fonda and Charlie Bronson in Once Upon A Time in the West.  THAT, personally, just devastates the entire Man with No Name trilogy.  It's probably the best Western ever made...if it weren't for the fact that, ya know...Unforgiven exists.
"
question, what three movies are in the trilogy with GB&U, and what order do they go in? 
I would like to watch them.
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheFreeMan

I've only seen bits and pieces of Fistful of Dollars and For A Few Dollars more, and what I saw I liked. Just not as much as GBU.

No movie can devastate the Man With No Name trilogy. The laws of the universe prevent it. I call heresy.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By mracoon
jakob187 said:
"*UGH*  Seriously?  Why does everyone like GB&U?  Have they never SEEN A Fistful of Dollars of For A Few Dollars More?  Those movies rip apart GB&U!!!  The Outlaw Josey Wales makes GB&U look like child's play!  Sure, it's a good movie and all, but it is not THAT great.  Hell, A Fistful of Dynamite is almost better than that, and it's probably the most obscure Leone film EVER!

"
I haven't seen A Fistful of Dollars but I haven't gotten around to doing so, I'm not really that big of a Western fan.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoelTGM

lol jakob187 people have different tastes.  and yeah Unforgiven was great too.  Clint Eastwood is probably my favourite actor.

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By auspiciousqueue

The Outlaw Josey Wales was my favorite, followed by Magnificent Seven, Good, Bad and Ugly (I'm a Eli Wallach fan) and several John Wayne movies, one being The Sons of Katie Elder.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheFreeMan
jakob187 said:
"GB&U is a traditional Western?!  Um...it's a spaghetti revenge Western.  You want "traditional Western"?  Then you need John Wayne in a bright pink shirt.  THAT is considered traditional Western.
In comparison to Unforgiven, which has strong elements of noir in it.

GBU isn't a traditional Western, but it's a lot closer than Unforgiven.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kmdrkul

Pat Garret and Billy the Kid

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By turbomonkey138
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"The good the bad and the ugly was really impressive, that's my favourite.  Never seen tombstone, I will check it out someday."
It heavily inspired Quinten Tarentino (if thats how you spell it) To make Kill bill
Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shazam

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence. John Wayne and James Stewart, two icons of Western films finally come together. The story is told from a series of flashbacks as Jimmy's character retells his story and slowly the importance of the seemingly unimportant character of John Wayne emerges. I won't ruin the story because I would advise any movie fan, let alone a western fanatic to rent it out. A true classic, showing emotional grit and extremely real characters years before Tombstone.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
TheFreeMan said:
"jakob187 said:
"GB&U is a traditional Western?!  Um...it's a spaghetti revenge Western.  You want "traditional Western"?  Then you need John Wayne in a bright pink shirt.  THAT is considered traditional Western.
In comparison to Unforgiven, which has strong elements of noir in it.GBU isn't a traditional Western, but it's a lot closer than Unforgiven."
Right, but the majority of what I listed is vastly closer than either of those movies.  = D

ArchScabby said:
"question, what three movies are in the trilogy with GB&U, and what order do they go in?  I would like to watch them."
A Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

After that, I would recommend watching (if you can find it) A Fistful of Dynamite, just so you can see how Leone's crappiest film beats the shit out of 90% of the movies made today.

Then, follow up with Leone's masterpiece, Once Upon a Time in the West.  That movie wrecks all sorts of shop.

auspiciousqueue said:
"The Outlaw Josey Wales was my favorite, followed by Magnificent Seven, Good, Bad and Ugly (I'm a Eli Wallach fan) and several John Wayne movies, one being The Sons of Katie Elder."
This man knows his shit pretty well!!!
Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jesus

You guys ever see westworld?

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheFreeMan
jakob187 said:
"Right, but the majority of what I listed is vastly closer than either of those movies.  = D
I haven't seen a lot of what you listed, unfortunately.

Props to your mention of Mag. Seven. I fucking love that movie.

Since you're very knowledgable on the genre, what's your opinion on the recent of 3:10 To Yuma?
Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jesus

Would you guys consider no country for for old men... kinda like a cowboy movie?

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By turbomonkey138
Jesus said:
"Would you guys consider no country for for old men... kinda like a cowboy movie?"
I guess ... If it was set in the Wild West it would be .
PartTimeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PartTimeNinja

Magnificent Seven is probably my fave.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187
TheFreeMan said:
"jakob187 said:
"Right, but the majority of what I listed is vastly closer than either of those movies.  = D
I haven't seen a lot of what you listed, unfortunately.Props to your mention of Mag. Seven. I fucking love that movie.Since you're very knowledgable on the genre, what's your opinion on the recent of 3:10 To Yuma?"
I thoroughly enjoyed the recent 3:10 to Yuma.  I thought it was stylish in its own way, Russell Crowe gave a great performance in it (and given that I can't fucking stand him outside of L.A. Confidential...), and it was well paced.  Plus, Ben Foster was in it...and Ben Foster is fucking amazing (also see 30 Days of Night).

Then again, I was only mildly fond of the original, so  eh.

Jesus said:
"You guys ever see westworld?"
While Westworld was a rad movie...it's not really a Western.

Jesus said:
"Would you guys consider no country for for old men... kinda like a cowboy movie?"
This one is pretty arguable for genre.  While it holds a lot of the basic conventions of a Spaghetti Western (heavy focus on revenge, Southern setting, maniacal antagonist, lawmen and justice), it also heavily features elements of a cat-and-mouse chase movie (i.e. Catch Me If You Can).  Therefore, it's tough to categorize, but I've mostly just considered it a drama/thriller...and an incredible flick.

To add to my list, I'm quite partial to Open Range with Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall.  Then again, anything that Robert Duvall is in makes me giddy as Hell.  Such an incredible actor.

I'm amazed that no one has jumped in here to say "OOH, BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN!  LAWL".
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheFreeMan
jakob187 said:
"TheFreeMan said:
"jakob187 said:
I haven't seen a lot of what you listed, unfortunately.Props to your mention of Mag. Seven. I fucking love that movie.Since you're very knowledgable on the genre, what's your opinion on the recent of 3:10 To Yuma?"
I thoroughly enjoyed the recent 3:10 to Yuma.  I thought it was stylish in its own way, Russell Crowe gave a great performance in it (and given that I can't fucking stand him outside of L.A. Confidential...), and it was well paced.  Plus, Ben Foster was in it...and Ben Foster is fucking amazing (also see 30 Days of Night).

My thoughts, almost exactly. I never saw the original, but damn, 3:10 Yuma was fun.

Has anybody seen Appaloosa? I thought it was pretty good, if a bit slow.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By iamjohn

Either The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly or Sukiyaki Western Django.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jakob187
TheFreeMan said:
"My thoughts, almost exactly. I never saw the original, but damn, 3:10 Yuma was fun.Has anybody seen Appaloosa? I thought it was pretty good, if a bit slow."
I haven't watched it yet.  I don't usually watch direct-to-DVD flicks unless someone tells me to check it out.  Funny thing is...I HAVE had someone say that they liked it...but they also know my taste in Westerns and told me I probably wouldn't like it.

The real question is this:  have you seen Broken Trail?  Yet again, another one with Robert Duvall.  Miniseries that AMC did a while ago.  Very fucking awesome, and very different from typical Westerns.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By iamjohn
jakob187 said:
"TheFreeMan said:
"My thoughts, almost exactly. I never saw the original, but damn, 3:10 Yuma was fun.Has anybody seen Appaloosa? I thought it was pretty good, if a bit slow."
I haven't watched it yet.  I don't usually watch direct-to-DVD flicks unless someone tells me to check it out.  Funny thing is...I HAVE had someone say that they liked it...but they also know my taste in Westerns and told me I probably wouldn't like it.
"
What are you talking about?  Appaloosa was in theatres, dude.
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Venatio

Brokeback Mountain xD

lol just kidding, I havent even seen it, but Im gonna have to say Shanghai Noon, Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson are hilarious bastards

Also, Wild Wild West

Probably not considered "real" western movies but I think they count

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheFreeMan
jakob187 said:
"TheFreeMan said:

The real question is this:  have you seen Broken Trail?  Yet again, another one with Robert Duvall.  Miniseries that AMC did a while ago.  Very fucking awesome, and very different from typical Westerns.
"
Appaloosa did go to theatres first.

Nah, but I have heard of Broken Trail. Unfortunately, I've only recently got AMC so I missed out on pretty much everything they did before Mad Men (I don't watch that) started.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jakob187
iAmJohn said:
"What are you talking about?  Appaloosa was in theatres, dude."
I live in Waco, man.  You gotta give me a break.  I've only seen it hit DVD.  =  /
"Either The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly or Sukiyaki Western Django."
I quite enjoyed Sukiyaki Western Django...even if it was mediocre work on Takashi Miike's part.

Venatio said:
"Brokeback Mountain xD lol just kidding, I havent even seen it, but Im gonna have to say Shanghai Noon, Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson are hilarious bastardsAlso, Wild Wild WestProbably not considered "real" western movies but I think they count"
I can't take anything you say seriously ever now.  -_-  Wild Wild West is a travesty.  I did enjoy the Shanghai movies, though...but I love Jackie Chan.  = D

TheFreeMan said:
"Appaloosa did go to theatres first.Nah, but I have heard of Broken Trail. Unfortunately, I've only recently got AMC so I missed out on pretty much everything they did before Mad Men (I don't watch that) started."
Dood, Broken Trail was really interesting to watch.  I would suggest checking it out whenever it hits DVD.  I'd also recommend (although not really a Western) Bury Me at Wounded Knee.  That was an excellent miniseries as well.  It has Indians, so I feel that qualifies it for this thread.  =  P

I watched The Proposition again last night (after I FINALLY watched Hellboy II...which was alright).  Man, Guy Pearce is such an excellent actor, and that is such an EXCELLENT movie with every viewing.
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Venatio
jakob187 said:
"iAmJohn said:
"What are you talking about?  Appaloosa was in theatres, dude."
I live in Waco, man.  You gotta give me a break.  I've only seen it hit DVD.  =  /
"Either The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly or Sukiyaki Western Django."
I quite enjoyed Sukiyaki Western Django...even if it was mediocre work on Takashi Miike's part.

Venatio said:
"Brokeback Mountain xD lol just kidding, I havent even seen it, but Im gonna have to say Shanghai Noon, Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson are hilarious bastardsAlso, Wild Wild WestProbably not considered "real" western movies but I think they count"
I can't take anything you say seriously ever now.  -_-  Wild Wild West is a travesty.  I did enjoy the Shanghai movies, though...but I love Jackie Chan.  = D

TheFreeMan said:
"Appaloosa did go to theatres first.Nah, but I have heard of Broken Trail. Unfortunately, I've only recently got AMC so I missed out on pretty much everything they did before Mad Men (I don't watch that) started."
Dood, Broken Trail was really interesting to watch.  I would suggest checking it out whenever it hits DVD.  I'd also recommend (although not really a Western) Bury Me at Wounded Knee.  That was an excellent miniseries as well.  It has Indians, so I feel that qualifies it for this thread.  =  P

I watched The Proposition again last night (after I FINALLY watched Hellboy II...which was alright).  Man, Guy Pearce is such an excellent actor, and that is such an EXCELLENT movie with every viewing.
"
Oh come on man, Wild Wild West was so freaking ridicoulus and bad that it actually was kinda good
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By Black_Rose

High Noon and Unforgiven are the only ones I've enjoyed.

Oh...and BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN!  LAWL.

Seriously though, I love that movie, I'm not sure if it qualifies as a western though.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jakob187
Black_Rose said:
"High Noon and Unforgiven are the only ones I've enjoyed."
High Noon is excellent as well.

Venatio said:
"Oh come on man, Wild Wild West was so freaking ridicoulus and bad that it actually was kinda good"
Two words:  giant spider.
Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Superchris129
jakob187 said:
"Black_Rose said:
"High Noon and Unforgiven are the only ones I've enjoyed."
High Noon is excellent as well.

Venatio said:
"Oh come on man, Wild Wild West was so freaking ridicoulus and bad that it actually was kinda good"
Two words:  giant spider.
"
Three words. Giant *Mecha* Spider.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jakob187
Superchris129 said:
"jakob187 said:
"Venatio said:
Two words:  giant spider."
Three words. Giant *Mecha* Spider."
ORLY?

Five words:  Wild Wild West sucks balls.
Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sarnecki

Once Upon A Time In The West.  Henry Fonda facing off against Charlie...  Nothing is as epic as The Good The Bad and The Ugly finale, but Once Upon A Time in the West comes close.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sarnecki
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jakob187
Sarnecki said:
"Once Upon A Time In The West.  Henry Fonda facing off against Charlie...  Nothing is as epic as The Good The Bad and The Ugly finale, but Once Upon A Time in the West comes close."
Dood, Once Upon A Time in the West's finale...IMO...is VASTLY superior to GB&U's finale!  Henry Fonda is such a great bad guy, and Charlie Bronson just does that role SOOOOO damn well.

Regardless, nice to see proper respect shown for Leone.
Sharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sharpshooter

Blazing Saddles....................Don't look at me like that. Blazing Saddles is the best cowboy movie EVER.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jakob187
Sharpshooter said:
"Blazing Saddles....................Don't look at me like that. Blazing Saddles is the best cowboy movie EVER."
WOW!  HOW DID WE FORGET TO MENTION THAT?!  NICE JOB, SIR!!!
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NathHaw
jakob187 said:

Shane

Unforgiven

The Searchers

High Noon

I agree with these.  The Searchers in particular is a true classic.  Not just one of the best cowboy movies, but one of the best and most respected films ever.  In fact, it was the number 11 top film of all time picked by the American Film Institute out of the top 100 if I remember correctly.  It was also chosen as the number one favorite movie by many prestigious directors.  Totally worth catching if you ever get the chance.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By teh_destroyer
jakob187 said:
"TheFreeMan said:
"jakob187 said:

Jesus said:
"You guys ever see westworld?"
While Westworld was a rad movie...it's not really a Western.

Jesus said:
This one is pretty arguable for genre.  While it holds a lot of the basic conventions of a Spaghetti Western (heavy focus on revenge, Southern setting, maniacal antagonist, lawmen and justice), it also heavily features elements of a cat-and-mouse chase movie (i.e. Catch Me If You Can).  Therefore, it's tough to categorize, but I've mostly just considered it a drama/thriller...and an incredible flick.

To add to my list, I'm quite partial to Open Range with Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall.  Then again, anything that Robert Duvall is in makes me giddy as Hell.  Such an incredible actor.

I'm amazed that no one has jumped in here to say "OOH, BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN!  LAWL".
"
Well then I guess A History of Violence is in the same Category also >_>
Anyhow,Unforgiven is my favorite western.Along with Tombstone.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jakob187
teh_destroyer said:
"Well then I guess A History of Violence is in the same Category also >_>"
A History of Violence is a comic book movie...first and foremost.  Second, it's a thriller.  That is CLEARLY definable.  Saying that it's a Western based on the descriptions I gave about No Country for Old Men is just being ignorant to the facts.

The issue with No Country for Old Men is that Cormac McCarthy wrote it as a modern day Western tragedy.  The film, however, mixes many of the Coen Brothers' greatest parlor tricks in cinema (noir, thriller, and a tail of idiots) to make the film nearly unclassifiable...which is why it was a show-in for Oscars and award season.  It was a well-crafted film that defied many laws of what cinema is supposed to be.  Bending genres like that means it's tough to classify it.

A History of Violence, while being a movie that I absolutely love (maybe because I was one of the few that had read the graphic novel before the movie, as it wasn't very popular), is clearly not a Western in any way or regard.

Sorry.  Nice try.  Please try again.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#45  Edited By RHCPfan24

I would put Unforgiven and GB & U at the top of my list. I need to see the other two Man With No Name movies (yep, I know, jakob) and I am not a big fan of the older John Wayne films. Still, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is another damn fine film.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HandsomeDead

My favourite Western is probably The Outlaw Josey Wales but there are plenty of amazing Westerns out there and pretty much all of them have Clint Eastwood in, besides Tombstone which is a modern classic of the genre. Probably the most recent classic Western, assuming it came out after Unforgiven.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jakob187
RHCPfan24 said:
"I would put Unforgiven and GB & U at the top of my list. I need to see the other two Man With No Name movies (yep, I know, jakob) and I am not a big fan of the older John Wayne films. Still, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is another damn fine film."
Sundance Kid is a great movie...and yet ANOTHER one that I can't believe hasn't been listed.

And yes, you DO need to see the other two movies.  = D
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RHCPfan24
jakob187 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"I would put Unforgiven and GB & U at the top of my list. I need to see the other two Man With No Name movies (yep, I know, jakob) and I am not a big fan of the older John Wayne films. Still, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is another damn fine film."
Sundance Kid is a great movie...and yet ANOTHER one that I can't believe hasn't been listed.

And yes, you DO need to see the other two movies.  = D
"

I got them in this sweet DVD set from Costco so....yeah I will try to get to those.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jakob187
RHCPfan24 said:
"jakob187 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:

And yes, you DO need to see the other two movies.  = D"
I got them in this sweet DVD set from Costco so....yeah I will try to get to those."
Was it the Man with No Name trilogy set, or was it the Sergio Leone Masterpiece set that also have Fistful of Dynamite and all the two-disc editions of the Man with No Name movies?

Because I've been dying for the latter version.  =  /  Unfortunately, I'm having to make due with the $5.00 bin versions from Wal-Mart...which are doing me fine...for now.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RHCPfan24
jakob187 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"jakob187 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:

And yes, you DO need to see the other two movies.  = D"
I got them in this sweet DVD set from Costco so....yeah I will try to get to those."
Was it the Man with No Name trilogy set, or was it the Sergio Leone Masterpiece set that also have Fistful of Dynamite and all the two-disc editions of the Man with No Name movies?

Because I've been dying for the latter version.  =  /  Unfortunately, I'm having to make due with the $5.00 bin versions from Wal-Mart...which are doing me fine...for now.
"
It was actually the former, not as interesting. $25 at Costco was a fine price, but that other edition sounds pretty sweet.