• 149 results
#1 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

When you run out of ammo what melee weapon would you use to fight zombies?

#2 Edited by NoDeath (797 posts) -

Machete - Its light, versatile, easy to carry, easy to swing but still powerful and high quality ones are widely available.

Why yes I've read the Zombie survival guide, why do you ask?

#3 Edited by VIGGO123 (552 posts) -

CHAAAAIINSAW!!!

No, not really. Probably something blunt, like a baseball bat or a steel pipe, or something like a fireaxe or shovel.

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@NoDeath said:
" Machete - Its light, versatile, easy to carry, easy to swing but still powerful and high quality ones are widely available.  Why yes I've read the Zombie survival guide, why do you ask? "
Never heard of  Zombie Survival Guide is it any good?
#5 Posted by Shirogane (3561 posts) -

Everybody knows blunt weapons are 150% effective against undead. 

I don't like them though, gonna have to go with the chainsaw, i'd say lightsaber, but really it'd be about as effective as the chainsaw in this case, but less amusing.
#6 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

An authentic (in function) samurai sword that can cut through any zombie with ease.

#7 Posted by NoDeath (797 posts) -
@Axxol: Both it and World War Z are great books and I highly recommend them. WWZ is way more serious than the survival guide which is as much of a parody of actual survival guides as it is an extremely well thought out guide on how to survive in a zombie outbreak. A lot of WWZ is actually kinda political with a bit of an "Americans shouldn't be such lazy, consumerist fucks" message but it still really works with the story. I personally have the audio book which is possibly the best audio book I've ever heard. Its got a full cast with both Alan Allda and Mark Hamill. How do you say no to that?

Anyway, both great books.

I'll stop gushing now.
#8 Posted by Red12b (9044 posts) -

A BIG ASS KNIFE!

#9 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Why would anybody say chainsaw!?! You would constantly need fuel.

#10 Edited by Ignor (2372 posts) -

Blade weapons might get stuck in zombies and furniture.
Chainsaws run out of fuel.
I'd go with an aluminium baseball bat.

Edit: Is Chuck Norris considered a melee weapon?

#11 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
I would use sock em boppers... their more fun than a pillow fight from what I've heard.... 

#12 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

A blunt weapon that's strong. A bladed weapon would get stuck in zombie flesh. Maybe a cricket bat or something. It's wide and strong so would probably knock a zombie over when a baseball bat might not. When the zombies on the floor you can run / curbstomp its head.

#13 Posted by fakemeat (110 posts) -

A sock full of quarters.

#14 Posted by Yummylee (20625 posts) -

Baseball bat.
#15 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

A lightsaber and a pair of rollerblades

#16 Posted by JoelTGM (5592 posts) -

cricket bat

#17 Edited by FirePrince (1762 posts) -

A stick that  has 2 blades attached to each top.They can't attack from the back,they can't attack from the front.In case they get close,I would use my trusty machete.
#18 Posted by Yummylee (20625 posts) -

Actually if Dead Rising has tough me anything, a HDTV could do wonders....for a little while.
#19 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

Baseball bat, cheap, plentiful, deadly.

#20 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -

Didn't frank west teach you anything? 

Chainsaw! 

#21 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

Can't go wrong with a machete.

#22 Posted by raiz265 (2232 posts) -

some long ranged weapon like a spear or a halberd 

the paddlesaw if it was possible :/

#23 Posted by project343 (2808 posts) -

Do you acquire the skills required to use said weapon on contact? If so, a katana. :D

#24 Posted by tineyoghurt (358 posts) -

Well, a katana would be the perfect zombie killing weapon. 

But here in Norway I would be much luckier finding one of those tridents that farmers use to lift hay. I think they would be rather effective.

#25 Posted by Ghostiet (5153 posts) -

A Buster Sword. It lacks flexibility, but makes up in reach.

#26 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

Board with a nail in it. 

"Enslave humanity, will ya?!"

#27 Posted by LiquidPrince (15632 posts) -

Well made Katana's.

#28 Posted by Phaseshift (222 posts) -

My hands.

#29 Posted by thehideousshrew (205 posts) -

Fire axe or large hammer. Katana's are all well and good in the short term or small scale but unfortunately they require a lot of sharpening often, you can only cut off 5 or 6 heads before its too blunt to be practical, which is why samurai's where also trained to be such good hand to hand fighters as well.

#30 Posted by MattyFTM (14245 posts) -

A Klingon Bat'leth. It's light and easily controllable , but extremely powerful at the same time.

#31 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -
@tineyoghurt said:

" Well, a katana would be the perfect zombie killing weapon.   But here in Norway I would be much luckier finding one of those tridents that farmers use to lift hay. I think they would be rather effective. "

Cutting edge weapons would likely deteriorate over time, due to all the zombie gore.
#32 Posted by BeachThunder (11278 posts) -

A katamari. 

Rolling up zombies - yay!

#33 Posted by Meltbrain (2966 posts) -

Sledgehammer.

#34 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -
@Meltbrain said:
" Sledgehammer. "

#35 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -
@jadeskye: Is it just me, or is it pretty obvious that he is in fact holding a BASEBALL BAT?  

Contradiction! 
#36 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I'd cast heal on them.

#37 Posted by Interfect (965 posts) -

Slicecycle.... Or pink/purple spiky dildos...

#38 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Cricket bat. 
Bash 'em in the head.  That seems to work out.

#39 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -
@Fripplebubby said:
" @jadeskye: Is it just me, or is it pretty obvious that he is in fact holding a BASEBALL BAT?   Contradiction!  "
it's his backup weapon. 

he's covered wars ya know!
#40 Edited by Tennmuerti (7726 posts) -

Machete is a bad weapon imho.
The fact that it is light is debatable, try swinging that thing for a while.
When a Machete gets stuck in a tree it's a fuckin bitch to get out due to it's shape. Same would be for bone I imagine.
I had to work with a machete more then once, if you are an average build person  (not muscled) you will not last.
Sure you can swing it around well and it chops up rain forest vegetation pretty easily, but anything with substance and it's not so good. That's why they exist predominantly in places with low amounts of hardwood vegetation, like the tropics or Africa.

Don't even get me started on sledge hammers, it's all fantasy bullshit we like to see in video games and movies. Sledgehammers are too godamn heavy! Good for a few swings but hen you're fubared.

#41 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

lightsaber

#42 Posted by RipAndTear (125 posts) -

Cricket bat and shovel, mother funkers.

#43 Posted by Nasar7 (2501 posts) -

I would go with a Halberd. Has a cutting blade for getting business done with plenty of reach.

#44 Posted by Dejkrigeren (384 posts) -

A bastard sword. Good for head chopping, and probably lasts longer than a katana.

#45 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Frying pan, duh

#46 Posted by Jayzilla (2540 posts) -

I baseball bat with a rocket launcher attached to it.

#47 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Dual weilding gamecubes.

#48 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (999 posts) -

This has been answered in the "Zombie Survival Guide". The best melee weapon to have is a crowbar due to how durable it is, lethal, and the other uses a crowbar has; such as, prying open doors/windows.
#49 Posted by alexl86 (619 posts) -

I dunno. An Axe would pretty much be superior to a baseball bat in most situations, at least until the head comes off. Then it becomes slightly worse. Unless you have one that is all metal. Then it should be fine.

A titanium axe seems pretty good.

#50 Edited by armaan8014 (5258 posts) -

Spiked Club
To smash em skulls