Best Picture...

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By giyanks22

What movie do you think will win best picture?

It should be the Dark Knight (no explanation) or Defiance (Starring Daniel Craig [James Bond], Directed by Edward Zwick [The Last Samurai, Glory, Blood Diamond] about three Jewish brothers who take Jews into the Belrussian forests during WWII, and end up saving thousands of Jews by the wars end]), but it's going to be Milk, the movie with Sean Penn about Gay Rights, because all the gays in Hollywood will vote for it.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By artofwar420
FUK U!
FUK U!
I really hope JCVD at least gets a nomination. That man can act.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fr0br0

Most likely Dark Knight. They are going to win a shitload of awards this year.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

The Dark Knight shouldn't win, just for the fan response alone. Apparently The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is going to win it but, based on the trailer alone, I want The Wrestler to do it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

Wait, what is this thread even about?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead
MB said:
"Wait, what is this thread even about?"
It's a terrible thread about what we think should win best picture. The idea that Milk would win for that reason alone is bad and that a true story about Jews in WWII that's meant to be false on several accounts should win.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Karmum
HandsomeDead said:
"The Dark Knight shouldn't win, just for the fan response alone. Apparently The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is going to win it but, based on the trailer alone, I want The Wrestler to do it."
I honestly hope genre has nothing to do with selecting nominations -- because the trailer was simply fantastic.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Milkman

The Dark Knight will not win Best Picture or even be nominated. It's a fantastic movie but the Oscars never nominate these summer blockbusters. Let alone a superhero movie. That's just the way it is.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
Karmum said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"The Dark Knight shouldn't win, just for the fan response alone. Apparently The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is going to win it but, based on the trailer alone, I want The Wrestler to do it."
I honestly hope genre has nothing to do with selecting nominations -- because the trailer was simply fantastic."
I agree. I'm hoping the fact that it's about wrestling doesn't get in the way of it being supposedly a powerful film. I say supposedly as I haven't seen it yet but everywhere loves it. Most recently, Empire magazine gave it 5 stars.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Karmum
HandsomeDead said:
"Karmum said:
"HandsomeDead said:
I honestly hope genre has nothing to do with selecting nominations -- because the trailer was simply fantastic."
I agree. I'm hoping the fact that it's about wrestling doesn't get in the way of it being supposedly a powerful film. I say supposedly as I haven't seen it yet but everywhere loves it. Most recently, Empire magazine gave it 5 stars."
Being released in limited theaters on the 17th (which would probably give it the chance to garner awards) and everywhere else the 16th of January. I have a feeling this won't rake in much at the box-office, sadly.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187

What should win best picture?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead
Karmum said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Karmum said:
"HandsomeDead said:
I agree. I'm hoping the fact that it's about wrestling doesn't get in the way of it being supposedly a powerful film. I say supposedly as I haven't seen it yet but everywhere loves it. Most recently, Empire magazine gave it 5 stars."
Being released in limited theaters on the 17th (which would probably give it the chance to garner awards) and everywhere else the 16th of January. I have a feeling this won't rake in much at the box-office, sadly."
I know. Aronofsky hasn't ever had a commercial hit and I don't think Rourke has appeal anymore, not to mention that it is called The Wrestler and about wrestling.

jakob187 said:
"What should win best picture?

"
That looks amazing. Only Clint Eastwood can be in his 70s and be a fucking badass.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By artofwar420
jakob187 said:
"What should win best picture?

"
True that. I didn't even know about this movie.