• 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -

what do you think. i like absolute

#2 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

The best tasting vodka is the vodka that you don't taste.

#3 Posted by Zebadee (491 posts) -
Jayge said:
"The best tasting vodka is the vodka that you don't taste."
Very true.
#4 Posted by Andrew (125 posts) -
MmmmMmmm
#5 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -
Andrew said:
"
MmmmMmmm
"
never had it? does it have a heavy vodka taste
#7 Posted by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

Yeah, vodka really has no flavor to speak of.
If you're looking to really enjoy alcohol, switch to whiskeys - maybe bourbon or scotch - or gin, but vodka's best mixed with other drinks or with lame fruit flavors added.

#8 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -
oraknabo said:
"Yeah, vodka really has no flavor to speak of.
If you're looking to really enjoy alcohol, switch to whiskeys - maybe bourbon or scotch - or gin, but vodka's best mixed with other drinks or with lame fruit flavors added."
whiskey is good but i havent had bourbon. (hint im underage) only by one year though so my rents let me drink
#9 Posted by jonnyp (192 posts) -
CreamyGoodness said:
"what do you think. i like absolute"
you mean absolut right? ;)
Grey Goose for sure. Tasty.
#10 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -
jonnyp said:
"CreamyGoodness said:
"what do you think. i like absolute"
you mean absolut right? ;)
Grey Goose for sure. Tasty.
"
oh ya sorry bout the typo, i get caught up in spelling the english language
#11 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

Never had GG. But I do have some Smirnoff Vodka here. Says triple distilled, tastes absolutely terrible. I found some other brand that I can't even remember, it's like a dollar more but it tastes much better.

Speaking of GG, where do you all find this? The stores I've been to in CA don't seem to have it. Wal-Mart etc.

#12 Posted by Player1 (3850 posts) -
CreamyGoodness said:
"oraknabo said:
"Yeah, vodka really has no flavor to speak of.
If you're looking to really enjoy alcohol, switch to whiskeys - maybe bourbon or scotch - or gin, but vodka's best mixed with other drinks or with lame fruit flavors added."
whiskey is good but i havent had bourbon. (hint im underage) only by one year though so my rents let me drink"
Same man, minus the parents letting me drink part :P Im only 16, so I guess it makes sense.

I hate whisky. Only time Ive ever thrown up. It taste THAT bad.
#13 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
Player1 said:
"CreamyGoodness said:
"oraknabo said:
"Yeah, vodka really has no flavor to speak of.
If you're looking to really enjoy alcohol, switch to whiskeys - maybe bourbon or scotch - or gin, but vodka's best mixed with other drinks or with lame fruit flavors added."
whiskey is good but i havent had bourbon. (hint im underage) only by one year though so my rents let me drink"
Same man, minus the parents letting me drink part :P Im only 16, so I guess it makes sense.

I hate whisky. Only time Ive ever thrown up. It taste THAT bad."
*shakes head*
#14 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

Rum. Better

#15 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

Vodka TRUE vodka has no taste its all most pure alcahol unaged in oak barrels nearly all the taste that comes in whiskeys/bourbons is from the charred oak barrels.

#16 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -
Andrew said:
"
MmmmMmmm
"
This man knows where its at. It's smooth with a slightly sweet aftertaste. Never use this as a mixer, it's too good for that.
I usually just have it on the rocks.
#17 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
Player1 said:
"CreamyGoodness said:
"oraknabo said:
"Yeah, vodka really has no flavor to speak of.
If you're looking to really enjoy alcohol, switch to whiskeys - maybe bourbon or scotch - or gin, but vodka's best mixed with other drinks or with lame fruit flavors added."
whiskey is good but i havent had bourbon. (hint im underage) only by one year though so my rents let me drink"
Same man, minus the parents letting me drink part :P Im only 16, so I guess it makes sense.

I hate whisky. Only time Ive ever thrown up. It taste THAT bad."
Tisk tisk. Whiskey is about the only liquor i will drink, and i dont drink much to begin with.
#18 Posted by Andrew (125 posts) -
TeflonBilly said:
"Andrew said:
"
MmmmMmmm
"
This man knows where its at. It's smooth with a slightly sweet aftertaste. Never use this as a mixer, it's too good for that.
I usually just have it on the rocks."
You sir have excellent taste.
#19 Posted by Diego (134 posts) -

i like...

absolut

grey goose

oso negro

skyy

pretty much any vodka =/

and i prefer them non-mixed with anything (unless it be vodka jelly!!!)

#20 Posted by jonnyp (192 posts) -

Gin + Tonic + Lime = mmmmmmm > Any vodka drink.  although..

Vodka + Juice + Girls who never drink = trouble. sweet sweet trouble.
#21 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

I don't drink but I really wish I could enter this conversation casually without knowing shit about alcoholic beverages.

#22 Posted by BigSe63xy (23 posts) -

My favorite is whatever I can get for free at a party.

#23 Posted by Commando (1878 posts) -

Grey Goose is by far the best vodka out there. Don't let others fool you. If Grey Goose is top shelf vodka, Absolut is the shelf below it. DON'T GET ARISTOCRAT! It's like $12 dollars for a handle but it tastes like gasoline.

#24 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

Vodka doesn't taste. Vodka = Ethanol (pure alcohol) + water. That's all. There should be no difference between brands of vodka, apart from strength. Although I can definately say avoid "Vodkat". It's half strength vodka (About 20% ABV) but it tastes like they halfed it's strength using glue.

Moderator
#25 Posted by Captain_Insano (1522 posts) -

Finlandia

hands down the best that I've had. Way smoother and less taste than Absolut.

#26 Posted by Gambit (727 posts) -

Grey Goose is the best of course. Svedka is a good vodka for a good price though.

#27 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

vodka virtually has no flavour i have found...........

the best tasting vodka is the one thats in a glass along with lemonade tho

#28 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
systech said:
"I don't drink but I really wish I could enter this conversation casually without knowing shit about alcoholic beverages."
Just be le3ik "I LIKE BEEEER!" an everyone will think ur cool.
#29 Edited by lvl10Wizard (326 posts) -

There's a bar in London called Garlic Shots that infuses vodka with chilli and garlic and mixes it with tomato juice, they call it the Bloodshot! It's the best stuff ever.

If you want a vodka with taste then go for the Polish, Zubrowka which comes with a blade of Bison Grass in the bottle.
 
Wyborowa and the Russian Stolichnaya are also good.

#30 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -

bloodshot eh.. to bad i live in canada

#31 Posted by Captain_Insano (1522 posts) -

for fun (certainly not for taste)

Spyrytos a polish vodka

98% alchohol content, I don't know what that is in 'proof' but it is harder than paint thinner

#32 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -
Captain_Insano said:
"for fun (certainly not for taste)

Spyrytos a polish vodka

98% alchohol content, I don't know what that is in 'proof' but it is harder than paint thinner"
damit man that would significly reduce the amount of drink to get me plastered
#33 Posted by Captain_Insano (1522 posts) -

I am generally only game enough to try it once I am already wasted...unfortunately itgenerally pshes me from the nice fun drunk stage straight to the waking up the next morning/afternoon not knowing where the hell i am phase. It is quite a nasty beast

#34 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

This thread made me pick up a bottle of Grey Goose today. I already had a bottle of Kirov in the cabinet which I use to make White Russians and the occasional Screwdriver.
Jebus, Grey Goose has gotten more expensive though. I paid 520 NOK, that's 74 US dollars.

#35 Posted by Icil (727 posts) -
Gambit said:
"Grey Goose is the best of course. Svedka is a good vodka for a good price though."
Perfect answer. Grey Goose by itself if it's a special occasion, Svedka mixed (vodka w/ tonic and lime, booya) when on a budget.
#36 Posted by Whight_Knight (707 posts) -

Stolichnaya ... Russian of course, as you can see.To be honest though, I prefer whiskey over vodka any day.
#37 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

Um...I don't drink vodka to taste it.  I drink it to get drunk.  Therefore, I buy Polar Ice.  It's a huge fucking bottle for super cheap, and it gets you drunker than Hell.  Better yet...it's a huge fucking bottle, and it's super cheap!!!

#38 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

The best tasting vodka is no vodka at all!

Please, stop throwing shoes! You could put someone's eye out with those things!

#39 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Um...I don't drink vodka to taste it.  I drink it to get drunk.  Therefore, I buy Polar Ice.  It's a huge fucking bottle for super cheap, and it gets you drunker than Hell.  Better yet...it's a huge fucking bottle, and it's super cheap!!!"
agreed. i was at a christmas party last night and i tried Kauffman and was impresed. it was quite good by itself. my dad gave me a drink called a Aztec Punch. it was quite good. The recipe is here, ony instead of rum we used double the vodka http://www.mixologyguide.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1904/Itemid,27/
#40 Posted by krin (3 posts) -

I love greygoose vodka. It has good taste.

#41 Edited by mlarrabee (2868 posts) -

Well, hey, if it's back I might as well plug my favorite.

Soft Tail is excellent, although my opinion may be touched by the fact they make it twenty minutes from my house using apples picked three hours further.

Their grappas are superb as well.

EDIT: I find it suspicious that @krin has only posted on the forums three times and always about Grey Goose vodka. Humans tend to have multiple hobbies, right?

#42 Edited by Clonedzero (4038 posts) -

Just mix it with stuff. Thats what vodka is for.

Mix it with what you ask? Fuck, anything really, pull something out of the fridge.

EDIT- FUCKING necros mods need to take control of this shit.

#43 Posted by Sanity (1890 posts) -

I'v read that running cheap vodka through a Brita filter actually can make it better, never tried it myself as im more of a whiskey guy but would be interested to know if it works.

#44 Edited by Rebel_Scum (618 posts) -

I like 42 Below. If you haven't tried then I'd recommend that. Finlandia and Stoli are good also.

#45 Posted by Sbaitso (459 posts) -

You people are monsters for A) posting in an almost five year old thread, and B) for not having mentioned Tito's yet, which is the best vodka for my money.

Online
#46 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1829 posts) -

I tend to mix pinnacle whipped flavor with either orange juice, or lemonade and pineapple juice. yumyumyum

#47 Posted by eskimo (473 posts) -

@jayge_ said:

The best tasting vodka is the vodka that you don't taste.

#48 Edited by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

#49 Posted by chu52 (237 posts) -

Protip I just learned, Ketel One with lime. smoooth drink. also don't drink underage kids

#50 Edited by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Grey Goose is actually enjoyable.