• 80 results
Avatar image for iamnotatalkingpony
IamNOTatalkingpony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Just thought I'd see how the UK users are coping with the snow that's hit. I recently moved here from the tropics so I'm FUCKING FREEZING!!! Although school closing is quite fun (:

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CptChiken

I dont understand how im supposed to respond to this. 

ermmm, Yes?

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By SubwayD

Big freeze? Pfft! Ain't no thang compared to last year.  
Things better get a whole lot worse if it want's to be considered a "big" anything. Right now it's just a pitiful dusting of snow!

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By roborobb

I hate snow. Luckily it's not as bad as last year....yet.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By FLStyle

Someone told me that a relative of theirs who lives in South Africa said that the South African news reported that the UK is bracing itself for its coldest December on record.

Another thing the government is not telling us then.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MysteriousBob

The news are making a huge deal about nothing. 

That being said, I don't know how I'm going to walk to work in this blizzard.

Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@SubwayD said:
" Big freeze? Pfft! Ain't no thang compared to last year.  Things better get a whole lot worse if it want's to be considered a "big" anything. Right now it's just a pitiful dusting of snow! "

we've got about a foot of snow up here - pretty bad. 

My workplace had ground to a halt - (I'm a community nurse) all non-essentiall home visits were cancelled and we had to push a few cars out of the car park. It's that bad today I had to take a snow day - which will probably go down as annual leave. 
IamNOTatalkingpony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SubwayD said:
" Big freeze? Pfft! Ain't no thang compared to last year.  Things better get a whole lot worse if it want's to be considered a "big" anything. Right now it's just a pitiful dusting of snow! "
You better be joking, I'M IN BED AND I'M COLD! 
Guess I'll have to get used to this sort of thing now.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@FLStyle said:
" Someone told me that a relative of theirs who lives in South Africa said that the South African news reported that the UK is bracing itself for its coldest December on record.  Another thing the government is not telling us then. "
it's been on the news up here mate - they are saying it could go down to -20 by the end of the weel
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MysteriousBob
@IamNOTatalkingpony said:
" @SubwayD said:
You better be joking, I'M IN BED AND I'M COLD! Guess I'll have to get used to this sort of thing now. "
... then shut your window and turn the heat on.
JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JBird

Im loving it. I live on a phat hill so if i wanna go somewhere i walk! the snow is super deep and its still snowing. and its awesome. Lets just hope that its driveable in time for christmas!
IamNOTatalkingpony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MysteriousBob:  
I have, getting used to this weather's a bit tricky that's all. 
Is it okay to wear socks in bed or is that nasty?
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jasta

The one time of year my dogs don't look completely out of place. Its funny seeing them re-introduce themselves to it each year.

It's gotten a few inches deeper since yesterday and I found this icicle hanging from my bedroom window this morning. Car won't get out of my street (live at the bottom of a hill) and the local shops shelves are looking a little bare. Great!

Sirico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sirico

Meanwhile in Yorkshire........    
    Meanwhile in Yorkshire........    
IamNOTatalkingpony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jasta:  
Holy Halibut your dogs look awesome!
MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By MikeinSC
@IamNOTatalkingpony said:
" Just thought I'd see how the UK users are coping with the snow that's hit. I recently moved here from the tropics so I'm FUCKING FREEZING!!! Although school closing is quite fun (: "
I bet, somehow, this is caused by global warming. Sure it's logically inconsistent, but that has never slowed down that religion.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@SubwayD said:
 I'm guessing you're from the south, since they haven't had much snow down there. Here in the north east it's quite a bit worse than it was last year. We've had more snow, and rather than all coming down mostly at once like it did last year, it has been snowing on and off for nearly a week now, which makes it far worse.
@FLStyle said:
" Someone told me that a relative of theirs who lives in South Africa said that the South African news reported that the UK is bracing itself for its coldest December on record.  Another thing the government is not telling us then. "
It's pretty obvious that we're on track for a cold winter. With us having such heavy snowfall so early, all the heat in the ground from summer is now gone much earlier than usual. The government doesn't need to tell us, it's simple logic.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@MattyFTM said:
" @SubwayD said:
 I'm guessing you're from the south, since they haven't had much snow down there. Here in the north east it's quite a bit worse than it was last year. We've had more snow, and rather than all coming down mostly at once like it did last year, it has been snowing on and off for nearly a week now, which makes it far worse.
@FLStyle said:
It's pretty obvious that we're on track for a cold winter. With us having such heavy snowfall so early, all the heat in the ground from summer is now gone much earlier than usual. The government doesn't need to tell us, it's simple logic. "

North east england or Scotland? 

It's terrible up here outside Glasgow - it's a blizzard right now!
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@hunkaburningluv: North East England. I should have been more clear about that.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@MattyFTM said:
" @hunkaburningluv: North East England. I should have been more clear about that. "

you guys are getting pumped with the weather! It's still heavy up here -we've had at least a foot and a half of snow, which is far out with what we get normally.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@MattyFTM: Dude... no. I live in East Lothian and its been pretty fucking mental here, but it still doesn't compare to last year. 
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jan/05/uk-faces-coldest-winter-weather    

@SubwayD said:

This is what I was thinking. Last year we had absolutely MENTAL weather; the snow lasted for weeks and it was much worse than it is now. 

People don't seem capable of remembering what they had for dinner, let alone what happened a year ago. 

The media will continue to cling onto this, too. Fear sells, people!
WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By WalkerTR77

It's an hour and a half commute into Uni for me, and with intermittent train cancellations I'm pretty worried that I'll miss one of my exams.

intoblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By intoblivion

I saw a bus slide over somebodies lawn, its was crazy awesome

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hooded

Its not too bad here (Coventry, West Midlands) but its still snowing every day. Got to walk to work today. Hopefully it all clears up in a couple of weeks.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By cookiemonster

I couldn't get to my university interview today. Hopefully they'll have time to re-schedule it.

Falx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Falx

This is why we have been stereotyped to only ever talk about the weather. Also, yeah snows pretty deep, good job Uni is a 5 minute walk.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@hunkaburningluv said:

" @MattyFTM said:

" @hunkaburningluv: North East England. I should have been more clear about that. "
 you guys are getting pumped with the weather! It's still heavy up here -we've had at least a foot and a half of snow, which is far out with what we get normally. "
I live right by the coast, which always gets less snow than area's further inland, so it's not too bad here, but we've still had a lot of snow.  

@GetEveryone

said:

" @MattyFTM: Dude... no. I live in East Lothian and its been pretty fucking mental here, but it still doesn't compare to last year. 
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jan/05/uk-faces-coldest-winter-weather  "

It obviously varies from place to place, but here it is most definitely worse than it was last year.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OmegaPirate

Snows pretty tame round here at the moment (Rutland, england) but god damn me the temperature is fucking atrocious!  

It probably seems worse because this house has no heating or double glazing but believe me right now my bed is actually the coldest place in the house  - and i managed to burn my hand when my hot water bottle splurted boiling water over me - haha! 

But yeah, soon as the heat comes back ill be happy, the snow aint an issue, its the fucking temperature! 

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jasta

Last year was worse because it snowed, rained, then froze over. I remember sliding out of the car park at work sideways because it was so icy. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HandsomeDead

How long till everything collapses again?

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32  Edited By GS_Dan

Newcastle is a bit chilly at the mo'.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hitchenson

I think all the snow in Cornwall's passed now, it's still pretty icy, but that's about it.

Kieran_ES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kieran_ES

The hill I need to walk down to get to the shops is covered in snow and ice like the rest of the campus. I guess I'll need to go down there at some point to avoid starving. Otherwise I'm enjoying the snow.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MysteriousBob
@dudeglove said:
" Not to sneer, but it's always amusing with the UK whenever it snows - even by a tiny amount. The whole of the UK considers it the friggin' apocalypse. "
Well perhaps its because we're not used to it. If this was say... Canada- then yeah. Of course we would be prepared.
dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By dagas

I had to walk to school in -21C here in Sweden. You Brits close your schools just because it's cold and snowy? 

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By fetchfox

The UK has never been known for handling and controlling snowfall. Not mocking, just stating. But on another note, what are the expected lowpoints in the UK this winter, or how could does it usually get?

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#40  Edited By lumley

It's pretty bad for me in the North East. On the plus side I've got a day off college though :) 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preston Lancashire here. Barely a sprinkle. It's snowing right now but not very heavy at all. It's still super cold though.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By GunslingerPanda

No snow here :(

Fucking colder than a nun's cunt, though.

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JammyJesus

Durham, it's absolutely fucking it down as we speak. We have about 8 inches at its lowest point.  

I can't leave the house :(

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ramone

Anyone from Newcastle? Because it's freezing here. I had to wait half an hour in the cold for the bus to uni, got there and got told my seminar was cancelled because the lecturer's garage had collapsed due to the weight of the snow.

callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By callumbay

There's hardly been any snow here in Portsmouth, there's meant to be lots tonight though. It's still so cold here though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'll be damned. The only food I have in my flat is half a pizza, and it's snowing pretty hard now. Might venture to Iceland in a bit...

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JammyJesus
@Jonny7892: Haha, that's fantastic. I would just head home. Newcastle got hit by snow storms last night didn't it? 
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Arbie

I'm in the West Mids and it's been a good amount of snow I think! Not enough to bring things to a stand still but enough to make snowthings out of! 

Also a lot of people are saying that it's not as bad as last year. Hasn't it started earlier this year though? I wonder if it will get worse than last year because of that if it has.