• 127 results
#1 Edited by DeF (4979 posts) -

So the world is definitely gonna end in September.

First Nintendo will have their Wii U blowout on the 13th and then the Big Live Live Show! Live! 3! happens a day later. (see frontpage)

The internet will explode!

What do you guys wanna see? More Real Life Fruit Ninja? A 6-hour Jean Baudin concert? Live On-Air Endurance Run?

#2 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

Do we have advertisements for the Big Live Live Show! Live! 3 yet? The ads never fail to have me get hype!

#3 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus: the blurb on the frontpage is everything so far, I think.

I hope we will get some Rorie guestage!

#4 Posted by Milkman (17336 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus said:

Do we have advertisements for the Big Live Live Show! Live! 3 yet? The ads never fail to have me get hype!

Kinda.

#5 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

@Milkman: Oh god, Cool Baby is gonna melt our brains!

#6 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Guess I'll get a silver sub that month.

#7 Posted by SerHulse (688 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

BLLSL isn't Premium Content

#8 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -
@Bourbon_Warrior

THAT SHIT IS FREE AS FUCK
#9 Posted by UnrulyRuffian (114 posts) -

Day off work booked!

#10 Posted by Baillie (4285 posts) -

This is it, make or break time, duders.

#11 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

More Jean Baudin and Chainsaw Mortal Kombat duet pls

pls

#12 Posted by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

I AM OBSTENSIVELY KINDA EXCITED ABOUT THIS. OBBBSTENSIVELY.

#13 Posted by Coafi (1494 posts) -

I wanna see Matt Rorey, Will Smith and Norman Chan, make a guest appearance. Please make it happen GB!

#14 Posted by Dogma (989 posts) -

I think they should do all new stuff. It's quite boring if they always use the same guests or artists. Jean Baudin is awesome but two times in a row is good enough. let's supprise people instead! What I'm very curious about is how they are going to do this show this time around, you now without the rest of the Whiskey Media network family of sites. It makes little to no sense to have a Tested and Screened segment. Comic Vine is at least a part of CBSi but they still feel more detached than before. So... will all focus be on games this year (and stupid tomfoolery)?

#15 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

@Dogma said:

So... will all focus be on games this year (and stupid tomfoolery)?

I think you mean "the focus will be on stupid tomfoolery (and video games ... maybe)" :)

I'm basically expecting sock puppets and a chili cook-off at this point.

#16 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

J A STEEL BITCHES

#17 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

If Smith and Chan and Rorie (and Navarro? but maybe that's too much to ask) don't make guest appearances, I'll be very sad. Maybe I'll even leave a sad comment somewhere or something. Be warned!

P.S. Can't wait! Get hype!

#18 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -

Hmmm, I'm not sure. The lack of goofy Tested segments makes me cautious, they kinda made the last two.

#19 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

@tsiro said:

(and Navarro? but maybe that's too much to ask)

I'd imagine they force Alex to check out the 6-hour Wii U press event-thing in NY on the 13th so that flying in would be straight up torture.

#20 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

@DeF: Very good point, I hadn't thought about that. That's too bad.

And maybe they could even rope in some of the GameSpot guys for some cross-promotional-media-branding-synergy shenanigans. Or maybe just for fun.

#21 Edited by Irvandus (2896 posts) -

I'm pumped to hear what their plans for the site in the future are. Time to find out where this train is going. It's going to be sad not having Rorie and Alex watching a terrible movie or Will and Norm doing weird stuff. Maybe the Comic Vine peeps will make an appearance, I'm keepin my hopes up. Hopefully they get different guests this year.

#22 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1066 posts) -

@Dogma said:

It makes little to no sense to have a Tested and Screened segment.

They better invite Will, Norm and Rorie to the party. Maybe not for there own segment but just for fun. and "matt rorie puppies" is the 4th result when you type his name into google, hell yeah internet.

#23 Edited by Dogma (989 posts) -

I just made a poor purchase decision that you can all partake in for this year's Big Live Live Show: Live.

— Dave Snider (@enemykite) August 28, 2012

Sounds promising.

#24 Posted by ThePickle (4169 posts) -

No Matt Rorie, no damn sale. The Screened segments have been some of the most watchable. GB is always very disappointing. I seriously don't even see why this needs to be a recurring thing. The first one made sense. They were launching the membership model which was big news. But was anyone asking for a second? And after the second was pretty bad, was anyone asking for a third? It just seems like a waste of resources. So much time gets put into prep and the show itself is a complete day in and of itself. I'd rather see the effort put into a few more Quick Looks or Random Ass PC game or Load Our Last Save.

#25 Posted by DougQuaid (1275 posts) -

OH MY GOD!

#26 Posted by Joker369 (881 posts) -

Hope to see some old faces such as Coonce, Chan, Smith, and Rorie. Now that it's technically a one site show i'm excited about the segments and how they work in the guests. Also, have they said anything about some sort of block party like after the first live show?

GET HYPE!!!

#27 Posted by Dogma (989 posts) -

@Lego_My_Eggo said:

@Dogma said:

It makes little to no sense to have a Tested and Screened segment.

They better invite Will, Norm and Rorie to the party. Maybe not for there own segment but just for fun. and "matt rorie puppies" is the 4th result when you type his name into google, hell yeah internet.

I do agree. I mean. I love Will and Rorie as much as the next guy. The dudes are cool and fit great witht he bomb crew but I'm having a hard time seeing how the show will focus on other stuff than games.... and general stupidity.

#28 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1482 posts) -

I want another movie with Rorie and Navaro

#29 Posted by ShaggE (6718 posts) -

@ThePickle said:

No Matt Rorie, no damn sale. The Screened segments have been some of the most watchable. GB is always very disappointing. I seriously don't even see why this needs to be a recurring thing. The first one made sense. They were launching the membership model which was big news. But was anyone asking for a second? And after the second was pretty bad, was anyone asking for a third? It just seems like a waste of resources. So much time gets put into prep and the show itself is a complete day in and of itself. I'd rather see the effort put into a few more Quick Looks or Random Ass PC game or Load Our Last Save.

You're talking like it's irrefutable fact that the second one was bad. A lot of us enjoyed TSABLLSL:TTWDIL, and are very much looking forward to The Third Annual Big Live Live Show Live: This Time We're Doing It Live Again.

#30 Posted by 49th (2851 posts) -

Hope they get Tested in for the whole show. Call it cross promotion or something.

#31 Edited by DeF (4979 posts) -

@tsiro said:

@DeF: Very good point, I hadn't thought about that. That's too bad.

And maybe they could even rope in some of the GameSpot guys for some cross-promotional-media-branding-synergy shenanigans. Or maybe just for fun.

Oh I bet they will. Maybe the sock puppet performance will be another, more dramatic re-telling of the Kane & Lynch incident :) (I have that sock puppet thing not absolutely set in my mind, if there are no sock puppets I will be very sad!)

#32 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

Big Live Live Show and the Whiskey Media Happy Hour were my favorite features on the site back in the day. I CAN'T WAIT. GET PUMPED.

#33 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Anyone know if the archive will be free? I've cancelled my sub until they start making good content again and can't remember if the other two are free archived or not.

#34 Edited by DeF (4979 posts) -

@Canteu said:

Anyone know if the archive will be free? I've cancelled my sub until they start making good content again and can't remember if the other two are free archived or not.

use the search :) if you can't find them, they're probably not free-for-all. but they might float around on youtube.

#35 Posted by XtremePudim (91 posts) -

i'm really hoping for a new J.A Steele movie, or something equivalent. That said they should have called it Big Live Live Show! Live! The Third.

#36 Posted by ThePickle (4169 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@ThePickle said:

You're talking like it's irrefutable fact that the second one was bad. A lot of us enjoyed TSABLLSL:TTWDIL, and are very much looking forward to The Third Annual Big Live Live Show Live: This Time We're Doing It Live Again.

It was a massive failure in my eyes. Only things worth watching were Screened and NFL Blitz. Am I missing anything else?

A lot of Bombers enjoyed it, but a lot of Bombers would also enjoy 9 hours of Vinny taking a shit as long as it was on the site.

#37 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -
#38 Posted by DarthOrange (3908 posts) -

The point of the Big Live Live Show is to get people to subscribe, like a late night infomercial. Of course it is free.

#39 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

@Dogma said:

I just made a poor purchase decision that you can all partake in for this year's Big Live Live Show: Live.

— Dave Snider (@enemykite) August 28, 2012

Sounds promising.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX,

#40 Posted by nerdsbeware (227 posts) -

Super excited for this. Hopefully this year I can watch it live. Goddamn work blocks Giant Bomb, Twitch, JustinTV... Granted if start times on the front page are accurate, I'll be home from work and only miss the first 30 mins or so.

#41 Posted by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

Hope there's some cross-over with Jamie and Adam's Tested.

#42 Posted by BlackLagoon (1460 posts) -

@DeF said:

I'd imagine they force Alex to check out the 6-hour Wii U press event-thing in NY on the 13th so that flying in would be straight up torture.

The could have him do something stupid in NY and check in via Skype or something every now and then.,,

#43 Posted by Draxyle (1898 posts) -

I do wonder what form this show will take. It will definitely be a different beast compared to the first two, for better or for worse due to the missing Whiskey sites. I do hope they're taking steps to try to get everyone back for it though.

But it's a GB live show. It will be entertaining at the very least.

#44 Posted by csl316 (9498 posts) -

Special Guest Matt Rorie

#45 Posted by benpicko (2006 posts) -

@SmasheControllers said:

Hope there's some cross-over with Jamie and Adam's Tested.

Holy shit. If Adam came on...

#46 Posted by Jothel (937 posts) -

yeah this year will be very interesting due to how different it will be. The meaning behind the show is different, beforehand they were subscription rallies because they needed the money more, now they have more available to them so the entire thing may have a different feel to them. I really hope we get to see some of the former Whiskey people on, have missed seeing them all together since the CBS move... as everyone has I guess

#47 Posted by Dick_Mohawk (386 posts) -

As long as Brad can photo-bomb himself, then I'm good.

#48 Posted by Hunter5024 (5976 posts) -

I hope they don't have anything planned yet. The best part about live shows is the clusterfuck.

#49 Posted by Mastercheesey (220 posts) -

I am hyping

#50 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -