• 90 results
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By ajamafalous

Offspring successfully trolling. You do remember Pretty Fly, right?

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By peacebrother

The biggest disappointment is that Devin Townsend's 'Epicloud' isn't out until September.

I haven't been disappointed by anything yet this year, although I can't say I've listened to a whole ton of new albums. Most of the bands I follow released albums last year. Meshuggah's Koloss is probably the closest, as it's the same album they've been making since 2002. I still like it though, as that's kind of what I was expecting aha.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By GreggD

@PeasantAbuse said:

I wish MCA was still here though :'(

That's mine, and it should be everyone else's in this thread.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#54  Edited By SMTDante89

The fact that cancer is taking out musicians left and right is my biggest music disappointment this year.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By renmckormack

@Hyperglide said:

Big K.R.I.T.S new album Live from the Underground. I thought I'd love it but it's just boring. Sounds like any other generic Southern radio shit rap music. I was expecting more from K.R.I.T. But then again Southern Rap is probably my least fave of all regions. And I like K.R.I.T. on crossovers. He killed his verse on The Roots song 'Make My' on their album release 'Undun' last year.

Meh...

Fuck deese haters fuck dees hoes?

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#56  Edited By psykhophear

The biggest musical disappointment in 2012 is definitely the popularity of dubstep and next-gen "clubbing" music. It is absolutely the worst genre I've ever heard and it makes me sick every time I hear it. The music (if you can call it that) has no appeal to it whatsoever. The rhythm is awful, the melody is non-existent and the beat is not a beat at all. I really don't understand why this piece of shit gets to go mainstream. I especially hate songs that have that annoying buzzing, farting noise.

Now it seems that everybody is slowly joining the crappy bandwagon and that makes me really really sad and angry. Linkin Park, Weezer, Britney Spears, Korn, Black Eyed Peas and now the Offspring. It's obvious to me that these musicians are influenced by money and fame, not for the love of music. It makes me want to cry when I hear people talking about it and when TV commercials and movies are using this abysmal genre for their background music. Not only that, today's music also seems to have an effect on music awards with the hosts only talking about sex and cracking bad toilet humor. This dubstep crap should be banned. It's a disgrace to the ears and to the world.

I've stopped listening to the radio since 2006 and have now been listening to 70s, 80s and 90s music; back when the music was organic-sounding, when people could actually play live instruments, when musicians didn't dressed like morons and when singers could really sing their heart out - soulfully and gracefully. I used to make fun of boy bands back in the day but now I miss them more than anything else. I absolutely miss pop/ rock ballads as well as the other genre before the late 2000s. They're like an antidote to my eardrums whenever I get exposed to today's puke-ish music.

I really really hope and pray that this year will mark the end of dubstep and that the music will heal itself and will start playing proper, organic tunes at long last.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

SNSD's Paparazzi is pretty shit. 

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

I caught Chickenfoot in Atlantic City and have to say, other than Satriani, they didn't hold up live. Sammy really ran out of gas halfway in. Father time is a bitch I guess.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By habster3

@GreggD said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

I wish MCA was still here though :'(

That's mine, and it should be everyone else's in this thread.

Yeah, that was a pretty brutal blow for me; I guess I just forgot about it because I was really tired when I started this thread

@ajamafalous: See what I have to say below

@jakob187: Well, I guess I did kind of give up on the rest of the material too early; that was mainly the result of how upset I was over the single, really. Pretty Fly was mildly amusing albeit in an idiotic way, and The Original Prankster... no comment. But I found this song so much worse. I will check out the rest of the material soon

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The_Tolman

That boy bands are on the rise again. God help us all.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By ThePickle

@Zoidberg said:

@ThePickle said:

Japandroids - Celebration Rock

I, like everybody else, got very excited for this album after listening to the House That Heaven Built. That song is still great, but the rest of the album is completely forgettable.

wouldn't agree. fire's highway is great (although similar to young hearts spark fire, but that's intentional (they're trying to evoke nostalgia for a song that tried to evoke nostalgia... and it works, I think)), evil's sway is one of their best songs, younger us is still good, and the rest of the album is at least good.

honestly, I haven't been disappointed yet this year. mount eerie's new album was a bit of a departure, but I've come to enjoy it just as much as phil's other work.

I never said the album wasn't at least good, just forgettable. When compared to the House That Heaven Built, the other songs are bland.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By SSully

I thought the red hot chili peppers album was pretty subpar.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By kedi2

I've just finished listening to the Offspring's new album and I think it's okay. They really shot themselves in the foot by releasing the worst two songs on the album as the promotional singles. Even though Cruising California is a parody and supposed to be a bad song, it isn't clever and is ultimately a bad parody as well. There were some pretty cool songs, but some "eh" songs on it as well. It's by no means a great album, but as a pretty devoted Offspring fan, I came away feeling a lot better about the album than I did going in.

Zoidberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Zoidberg

@ThePickle said:

@Zoidberg said:

wouldn't agree. fire's highway is great (although similar to young hearts spark fire, but that's intentional (they're trying to evoke nostalgia for a song that tried to evoke nostalgia... and it works, I think)), evil's sway is one of their best songs, younger us is still good, and the rest of the album is at least good.

honestly, I haven't been disappointed yet this year. mount eerie's new album was a bit of a departure, but I've come to enjoy it just as much as phil's other work.

I never said the album wasn't at least good, just forgettable. When compared to the House That Heaven Built, the other songs are bland.

fair enough, fair enough. personally I just listened to The House That Heaven Built way, way too much before the full album did come out, so I sort of burned it out. That's probably why I enjoy the rest as much as I do.

but Post-Nothing is still so good, I honestly can't complain about more of the same.

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By erinfizz

Do Ya Thing. Gorillaz and James Murphy and Andre 3000? I was maybe expecting too much, but god this was so meh.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By Akeldama

The new Baroness sounds pretty weak so far.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Port of Morrow. I guess they were trying to return to the Chutes Too Narrow sound, but the songwriting and hooks just weren't there. No Way Down is obviously the strongest track, but for a Shins song it still has some really unimaginative lyrics.

I was also a bit disappointed that the Max Payne 3 soundtrack didn't have a couple more tracks with vocals, but it's great anyway.

Tokoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Tokoname

I haven't had any musical disappointments so far this year. Everything has been pretty excellent in the various circles I run. New Aesop Rock album is finally coming so I'm pretty stoked for that. Lots of a great metal this year. Very satisfied, I am.

@AssInAss: This was revealed to me not long ago. I had no idea that there were actually some enjoyable forms of dubstep and it wasn't all bullshit from Skrillex and other such artists that are suffocating YouTube.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By chrissedoff

Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded was the most disappointed I've been in an album since the original Pink Friday. In my opinion, Nicki is one of the strongest and most original rappers out there, and she shows it with songs like,

but then she ruins her record with songs like,

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Stete

The new (and supposedly final, but I doubt that since these guys broke up and reformed like 3 times already) Candlemass album. It aint bad but it's nowhere near as good as the previous 2 albums.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By Nekroskop

@VTheSystemV said:

This hasn't come out yet, but Muse's new album, The 2nd Law. Muse are my favourite band, but their album trailer goes from typical (but great) Muse instrumental, to some news broadcast stuff...to dubstep.

That's not Muse. MUSE AREN'T DUBSTEP!

Nononono. Not Muse! Dubstep is truely the devil.

BackseatBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BackseatBoss

For me it's definitely the new Big K.R.I.T. album.It wasn't really bad,but I was expecting much more from him.His last 3 mixtapes were incredible,but on Live From The Underground there were way too much party/strip club songs.You could find those kinds of songs on his mixtapes as well,but they didn't take up the majority of them.I want him to make more songs like Rich Dad,Poor Dad and Praying Man,but less like Money On The Floor.

Another disappointment is the fact,that dubstep is so popular.At first I used to just laugh at it,but now seeing that most people look at it seriously just makes me sad.I don't often listen to the radio,but recently I heard some new Pitbull song.It was really annoying and corny,as always,but at the end I heard a dubstep break,which literally made me say what the fuck.

Other than that it was a pretty good year so far.El-P's Cancer For Cure so far is my favourite album,add in Cadence Weapon's Hope In Dirt City,Death Grips' Money Store,Oddisee's People Hear What They See,Apollo Brown's and O.C's Trophies,Killer Mike's R.A.P. Music,Lushlife's Plateau Vision,Ab-Soul's Control System and I consider this year so far to be quite a good one to me.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Harkat

@Tokoname said:

I haven't had any musical disappointments so far this year. Everything has been pretty excellent in the various circles I run. New Aesop Rock album is finally coming so I'm pretty stoked for that. Lots of a great metal this year. Very satisfied, I am.

@AssInAss: This was revealed to me not long ago. I had no idea that there were actually some enjoyable forms of dubstep and it wasn't all bullshit from Skrillex and other such artists that are suffocating YouTube.

If you're into that, check out Vex'd, Skream, Krpytic Minds, Clubroot and almost anything by Digital Mystikz.

Tokoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Tokoname

@Harkat said:

@Tokoname said:

If you're into that, check out Vex'd, Skream, Krpytic Minds, Clubroot and almost anything by Digital Mystikz.

Thanks for the tip. I will check those out.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

How is that even the same band that put of Americana! To be honest the only thing I listen to from past 5 years is Kayne West. Everything else is before 2007

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By WMWA
@Little_Socrates Yeah hearing his verse right after kanye's was awkward. I like to imagine he wrote his verse in crayon and then had all his friends give him high fives when he wrote that "drinkin champagne on an airplane" line.
DanTheGamer32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77  Edited By DanTheGamer32

Not from this year but Suck It And See by Arctic Monkeys really disappointed me, especially after Humbug which I thought was awesome.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Dubstep still existing.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#79  Edited By nightriff

@CookieMonster said:

The last radiohead album. Even though it came out last year it still disappoints me.

Really? I loved the album. Not their best by far but a fantastic effort.

There is still a lot of music that has been released this year that I still need to listen to so I'll put my least favorite album from last year which came out in December. Korn's album was COMPLETE FUCKIN SHIT!!!! I deleted them from my library once I finished listening to it and ruined all respect I had for a band that I had for years and years. Also ruined Dubstep for me, that is how bad it was.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By cookiemonster

@Nightriff: Yeah, I just found it kind of boring. Like, it seemed like they we're trying really hard to make a really cohesive album. And this is coming from someone whose favourite album was In Rainbows, which is one of their more cohesive albums. Lotus Flower and Little By Little were decent, but the rest was kind of forgettable. I'm glad they've tried something different (again) but it was just really dull for me anyways.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By nightriff

@CookieMonster: Yeah I can understand that I guess. I feel that in a lot of their work though so I guess I just let it slide. I love the song Little by Little and was one of my favorites from last year, just glad that you don't completely hate that song.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Quarters

So far, I have to say the trailer for The 2nd Law by Muse. It's not just that it's dubstep, but it's really awful, generic dubstep. It's not even interesting, nor does it fit with the rest of the song. I pray the album isn't like that.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#83  Edited By jakob187

@CaptainCody said:

This thread is sad, lets talk about my excitement for this shit:

That's all fine and dandy, but it's nowhere near as slick as the new Gojira.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By habster3

@jakob187 said:

@CaptainCody said:

This thread is sad, lets talk about my excitement for this shit:

That's all fine and dandy, but it's nowhere near as slick as the new Gojira.

New Gojira's looking pretty good. So is the new Periphery album, though (for me, at least); I loved Make Total Destroy, and I expect songs of similar/greater quality on the final album

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Christoffer

Can't think of much dissapointment this year. I though I would love Storm Corrosions album more (given the talent of those guys). But I still think it's a pretty good record.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#86  Edited By jakob187

@habster3: The new Gojira IS good. Seriously, has no one heard this stuff?

The new Spineshank is also fucking excellent. A good return to form for those guys. Wish there was a bit more of the techno/industrial aspects like the old albums and less of the Silent Civilian feel, but it's still most definitely Spineshank.

New As I Lay Dying song dropped yesterday as well. That album sounds like it'll be good also. Interesting that they have Bill Stevenson producing it. It has a bit more of an Ocean vibe to it.

New Killswitch song is making the rounds also. That thing is solid old-school Killswitch. It's obvious that Jesse is back in the band. Very much like Alive or Just Breathing shit.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By habster3

@jakob187 said:

@habster3: The new Gojira IS good. Seriously, has no one heard this stuff?

Sorry, I've been busy keeping up with so many bands recently that I haven't listened to the new album in its entirety

majorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By majorchin

Nothing yet. I really enjoyed Lingua Franca by Tram, and the Protomen's Queen cover album. Rize of the Fenix by Tenacious D wasn't bad either.

A lot of the music I've bought in the past few months has been older stuff because I'm desperately waiting for new albums. Deltron Event II is slated for a September release (finally), and hopefully Ronald Jenkees, Awkward Terrible, and The Glowing Stars release new stuff this year.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Example1013

HOW THE FUCK IS MIC TYSON STILL NOT OUT

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers