Bill O'Reilly the stalker

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ

As some of you may know, Bill O'Reilly recently appeared at a fundraiser for rape victims, and some people believed that he was an odd choice considering his record on rape. After all, this was a man that said a young boy who was kept in a rapists house for 9(?) years probably enjoyed it, and, in another case, called a rape victim a moron.  A blogger by the name of Amanda Terkel from ThinkProgress.com wrote about how odd a choice it seemed.

O’Reilly to speak at fundraising event for rape victims.

News Hounds points out that on March 19, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly is slated to speak at a fundraiser for the Alexa Foundation, a group committed to supporting rape survivors:

In the past, however, O’Reilly has made controversial comments about an 18-year-old woman, Jennifer Moore, who was raped and murdered, implying that it was partially her fault. O’Reilly called her “moronic,” adding:

Now Moore, Jennifer Moore, 18, on her way to college. She was 5-foot-2, 105 pounds, wearing a miniskirt and a halter top with a bare midriff. Now, again, there you go. So every predator in the world is gonna pick that up at two in the morning. She’s walking by herself on the West Side Highway, and she gets picked up by a thug. All right. Now she’s out of her mind, drunk.

This is the entirety of the Blog post that she made. You can find the link here. She does not attack Bill O'Reilly, the Alexa Foundation or any member of the Alexa Foundation. There are no factual inaccuracies and no victims of her writing.

Days later, without requesting an interview or discussion, Bill O'Reilly had Producer Jesse Waters follow Amanda Terkel, a blogger, across state lines after staking out her house, and during her vacation, comes up to her on the street for an interview. Now go ahead and watch the footage aired on O'Reillys show. 
Not only does he fail to mention his own comments on past rape victims, which were quoted in the original Blog, but he claims that in the blog post she attacked the organization without quoting any sources or even mentioning what she had purportedly said. 
He also claims that alongside Americas Most Wanted, his show has done more for rape victims than any other television show in America, again without citing sources or even an example of what he had done to help rape victims. 
As usual, he tries to link NBC to any organization with liberal views, claiming that NBC forced her to write the blog post that she made, which, again was completely innocuous, and he did so without providing any sort of proof or even speculation on what sort of bonds between MSNBC and Think Progress may exist.
During the Interview, they tried to make the subject about another segment Bill did about Mel Gibson, which had nothing to do with the quote that Terkel had posted on her Blog.
Not to mention that the interview is heavily edited, not mentioning how the interview was obtained
Then he suddenly tries to link Jeff Zucker with Amanda Terkel, again with no proof.

In short, Bill O'Reilly, in conjunction with facts and clear thinking, has been revealed as a liar(claiming that Amanda Terkel had said anything that could be contrived as hateful), a fear-monger (following a BLOGGER across state lines without requesting an interview), and a theorist that simply makes up connections in order to suit his own agenda and make every other media outlet look like a bunch of conniving liberal schemers.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AgentJ

I used to watch Bill O'Reilly, because, while i didn't agree with all of his ideas, he seemed like one of the most reasonable republicans around, certainly more so than Hannity or Limbaugh. However, my opinion of him cracked when he tried to sell the idea that Jon Stewart only had Jim Kramer on his show because Jim Kramer hadn't agreed with Obamas stimlus package. This was the breaking point though.

Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sushbag

Why is he a liar, fear monger and theorist again? What I see is a political commentator with a TV show on a conservative network, and if you're going to say he's a "stalker" because some opposing websites say so, well you're a silly goose.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ

Maybe you didn't read the post. He had his producer Stake out her house until she left on vacation, where they followed her across state lines. You should read my op.

By the way, She said during her interview that if anyone was actually offended by comments she made that they should contact her, just not through fox news. of course they didnt air that in the interview. 
Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sushbag

Do you have any idea what paparazzi do to get photos of people? And you're saying O'Reilly has goons that stalk people? This is media we're talking about, right? It's a TV show, thus ratings are the key, not providing 100% perfect and true information at all times. What is the purpose of pointing out O'Reilly and not, say, every single other talking head on TV?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
Sushbag said:
"Do you have any idea what paparazzi do to get photos of people? And you're saying O'Reilly has goons that stalk people? This is media we're talking about, right? It's a TV show, thus ratings are the key, not providing 100% perfect and true information at all times. What is the purpose of pointing out O'Reilly and not, say, every single other talking head on TV?"
1. I'm well aware of what the paparazzi do. They follow famous people and celebrities around This woman IS A BLOGGER! It would be like if all of a sudden some guy came up to you on the street with a microphone and a camera and asked you to reciet your lines from your 4th grade play.
2. Yes, I am saying that he has goons that stalk people. Go ahead and check out his video archives. Seems like he's ambushing someone every month. They go up to these people on the street and on busses without even asking for normal interviews, because they know people won't be prepared to answer questions thoughtfully. I used to just accept this.
3. It may be a TV show, but its a TV show on a NEWS NETWORK! Theres a reason why COLBERT and STEWART are on a comedy network and not CNN. While O'Reilly may be a commentator, he is doing nothing but lying or saying things that have no factual basis. For example:(and these are all from this story alone)
  • he claims that the blogger said something hateful about the rape victims group, when there is no factual evidence that she did
  • he claims that his show has done more things for rape victims than any show but AMW, but never supplies any examples or evidence
  • he claims that NBC and this little-known website are in kahoots, and that NBC is using Terkel, without supplying evidence
  • he tries to link Amanda Terkel with Jeff Zucker, then smears Jeff Zucker as a liberal propagandist, without examples or evidence
And that doesn't include his recent claims that all of those left wingers have an email list.
4. I am pointing out O'Reilly because I have become fed up with him. I don't even bother listening to Hannity and Limbaugh because i realized what they were even earlier, but I thought O'Reilly was at least reasonable. This debacle showed me how similar to those others he is.
destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By destro

O'Reily is a goof. Stop watching his shitty show

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ

Dont worry, i wont. 

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RetroIce4

O' Reily is the biggest douche of douchebags known to mankind. If you want to be earraped, watch his show.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ

I don't know, I'd give that title to Hitler, but my ear, like the girls that O'Reilly disparraged, have been sufficiently raped.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I hate O'Reilly he is an ass,at least he is attempting to apologize though.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentJ

I honestly would like to see where he is trying to apologize. What is he apologizing for?

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ParanoidFreak
AgentJ said:
"I honestly would like to see where he is trying to apologize. What is he apologizing for?"
I guess I see speaking at the fund raiser as an apology of sorts for his past comments.
Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#15  Edited By Eder

And thats a memo

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgentJ
ParanoidFreak said:
"AgentJ said:
"I honestly would like to see where he is trying to apologize. What is he apologizing for?"
I guess I see speaking at the fund raiser as an apology of sorts for his past comments."
From what I hear, he didnt ask to go, he was invited. I guess I have no proof that he didn't go to it in order to make ammends, but i highly doubt it, given his track record with apologizing and making up.
BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BODDAH

You're stating that Bill O'Reilly is FOR rape? Kid, take a step back and get your priorities together. You're only questioning his character because of ideology. I feel bad that it blinds you.

ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By ManlyBeast

The far left love to try to get something on Bill.

Metiphis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Metiphis

O'Reilly is a blowhard, flick him off your shoulder and have a nice productive day.

DavidPalmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DavidPalmer
BODDAH said:
"You're stating that Bill O'Reilly is FOR rape? Kid, take a step back and get your priorities together. You're only questioning his character because of ideology. I feel bad that it blinds you."
Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan, but that assertion is just ridiculous.

But seriously, Bill ORLY

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AgentJ
BODDAH said:
"You're stating that Bill O'Reilly is FOR rape? Kid, take a step back and get your priorities together. You're only questioning his character because of ideology. I feel bad that it blinds you."
Way to try and put words in my mouth. If you can quote me saying that O'Reilly is for rape, than i'll be glad to denounce myself and this whole topic. The issue at hand is that he said this girl was asking for it, never apologized, and then, after all of that, had a BLOGGER (A BLOGGER! A BLOGGER!) stalked across state lines for quoting him. 
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By inkeiren
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AgentJ

While that is a pretty funny clip, its not really relavent to the post. I'm not simply trying to bash O'Reilly. If I was this would be about the clip of him blowing up on his old gig. this is about him being unable to apologize, a penchant for stalking those who disagree with him, and making up facts in order to fit his agenda. I find it funny that the people who are criticizing my post haven't once brought up any of the baseless calims he made.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AgentJ

Thats what I thought. Not a single person that defends Bill O'Reilly can come up with any proof to back up any of the baseless claims he made. For the open-minded people who do still watch him like i used to, i recommend some sort of boycott until he pulls his head out of his ass and backs up his talking points with fact. And stops having normal people stalked.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AgentJ

Update on the situation:

In response to Bill O'Reillys stalking of Amanda Terkel, Thinkprogress.org has begun to send emails to each of Bills shows sponsors. The website has heard back from a few companies, some that distanced themselves from O'Reilly's opinions, and one calling the emails "harassment". The other day, Bill talked about the effort, saying "If you go to this ThinkProgress website, anybody who disagrees with Barack Obama in the public eye gets smeared and slimed. … They’ll go after your sponsors, they’ll go at your house, they’ll go after your family.” This is a great example of how he uses fear in his broadcasts. The website did nothing but send emails to his sponsors, and he makes it sound like they are going to start burning crosses on his viewer's lawns. This has to stop.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AgentJ

Update on the Situation:

UPS has now pulled its advertisments for the Bill O'Reilly show, showing that this is not just some big Left-wing craziness, but a real issue.
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By VisariLoyalist

well done sir