Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

Edited By gingertastic_10

i havnt played any of the bionic commando games. so i have no idea what is going on. yet i picked it up anyway, and christ i am impressed. you still play as Nathan "RAD" Spencer, and the game starts with a video introduction. it shows you getting released from jail, and pretty much forced to go to Ascension City. but there is some motivation on Nathans part. ive only played maybe 30mins of it. so i cant really say much about it. lets just say, i liked the first 30mins so much i thought id write a blog about it :/.

after pretty much excepting the job your "blasted" to the city. after you exit your pod you look for your arm. and this game for the most part does a great job letting you know what you have to do, its mostly always up in the top left of your screen. if you hit the "back" button on your xbox controller (i played this on the 360) it brings up your missions and little fun goals they want you to do. some of them are actually very fun, like shoot someone while zoomed, jump off a huge ass building, kill 10 grunts (they bad guns with guns in game), but those are some of a few you get at the beginning of the game. the menus in this game are fantastic, you move a i wanna say bionic snake to select options. when you are loading a level, you get the chance to see what each button does on your controller, its actually very cool. you hold down that button and it brings up what it does. music and voice acting are top notch as well.

Ascension City is a impressive site to see, even though it is totally destroyed

the bionic arm is kinda tricky to figure out, if your new to it like me then itll be hard to learn. im getting there thought. the tutorial is fantastic i never thought id comment on a tutorial, but it does a great job explaining how to do things. in the tutorial you play as not the dreadlock verison of Nathan, but you play as the NES Nathen. sunglasses and all, and im sure fans of the original will really enjoy that.

ascension city is very beautiful. it scales really nicely, when your on the ground level, you can tell you are. the buildings simply over power you. and climbing these walls are very fun as well. just hit the LT and swing with the left stick and that allows you to swing and jumb from building to building, its very fun actually. the diesel engine works very well (its also being used in GRINs new game Terminator Salvation).

old nathan vs.....
old nathan vs.....
...new dreadlockier nathan

as for the that nathan guy, hes alright. for never playing a bionic commando game before, i can say i enjoy playing as him. when you first get some action at the start, you only have a gun (shooting works amazingly amazingly well in this game) and if you head shot a guy he will kinda make fun of him, basicly he does that whenever he killed someone. he has a good personality. im not really someone who really gets into the character, the only game i have was Battlefield: Bad Company, but i think bionic commando is starting to become the next game to do that.

GRIN has made a game i can get into. i really hope GRIN starts to make some more games this good. i wont lie, i never heard of them before until they were on the Bombcast, and from what i have seen in Bionic Commando, im very impressed.

thanks for reading
-trevor
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gingertastic_10

i havnt played any of the bionic commando games. so i have no idea what is going on. yet i picked it up anyway, and christ i am impressed. you still play as Nathan "RAD" Spencer, and the game starts with a video introduction. it shows you getting released from jail, and pretty much forced to go to Ascension City. but there is some motivation on Nathans part. ive only played maybe 30mins of it. so i cant really say much about it. lets just say, i liked the first 30mins so much i thought id write a blog about it :/.

after pretty much excepting the job your "blasted" to the city. after you exit your pod you look for your arm. and this game for the most part does a great job letting you know what you have to do, its mostly always up in the top left of your screen. if you hit the "back" button on your xbox controller (i played this on the 360) it brings up your missions and little fun goals they want you to do. some of them are actually very fun, like shoot someone while zoomed, jump off a huge ass building, kill 10 grunts (they bad guns with guns in game), but those are some of a few you get at the beginning of the game. the menus in this game are fantastic, you move a i wanna say bionic snake to select options. when you are loading a level, you get the chance to see what each button does on your controller, its actually very cool. you hold down that button and it brings up what it does. music and voice acting are top notch as well.

the bionic arm is kinda tricky to figure out, if your new to it like me then itll be hard to learn. im getting there thought. the tutorial is fantastic i never thought id comment on a tutorial, but it does a great job explaining how to do things. in the tutorial you play as not the dreadlock verison of Nathan, but you play as the NES Nathen. sunglasses and all, and im sure fans of the original will really enjoy that.

ascension city is very beautiful. it scales really nicely, when your on the ground level, you can tell you are. the buildings simply over power you. and climbing these walls are very fun as well. just hit the LT and swing with the left stick and that allows you to swing and jumb from building to building, its very fun actually. the diesel engine works very well (its also being used in GRINs new game Terminator Salvation).

old nathan vs.....
old nathan vs.....

as for the that nathan guy, hes alright. for never playing a bionic commando game before, i can say i enjoy playing as him. when you first get some action at the start, you only have a gun (shooting works amazingly amazingly well in this game) and if you head shot a guy he will kinda make fun of him, basicly he does that whenever he killed someone. he has a good personality. im not really someone who really gets into the character, the only game i have was Battlefield: Bad Company, but i think bionic commando is starting to become the next game to do that.

GRIN has made a game i can get into. i really hope GRIN starts to make some more games this good. i wont lie, i never heard of them before until they were on the Bombcast, and from what i have seen in Bionic Commando, im very impressed.

thanks for reading
-trevor
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I was wanting this until I read the Game Informer review. They gave it a 6.25, with the second opinion being a 5 (this is on a scale of 10). I'm kinda on the fence now.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24
Voxel said:
I was wanting this until I read the Game Informer review. They gave it a 6.25, with the second opinion ... [more]
GI also gave No More Heroes a 6. They have their low points. This looks sweet and worth a shot. A rental at least, huh?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax
@RHCPfan24: Eh, I never rent games. I like getting a used copy from Gamestop where I can take them back within a week if I don't like them. I should start getting GameFly, but I have no clue how that works.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24
@natetodamax: I am not a big renter myself, but I have realized I don't have the money to buy every game, and some are of a length that doesn't provide $60 of experience. So, yeah, Gamefly is a good choice and I had a free trial for awhile and that worked well but I still don't pay for that stuff. I visit a Blockbuster like once a year to rent a game. This may be that time (or Terminator Salvation for the points). But, seriously, renting is an okay way of getting your game on.
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gingertastic_10
Voxel said:
I was wanting this until I read the Game Informer review. They gave it a 6.25, with the second opinion ... [more]
i read that also, i was like oh crap should i get it now. but there are other places that liked it..the giant bomb, ign, oxm reviews pushed me over that fence, and i like it a lot....i think its a game that you either you like it or you dont