Birfday Swag...

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

Edited By ImperiousRix

So my 21st birthday is coming up here in a couple weeks and, good parents they are, my mom and pop asked me what it is I wanted as a gift.  It obviously was going to be video game related, so I wrestled with what I was going to get for a little while.  At first, I figured I'd just ask for a DSi and get it over with, but after some deliberation and a trip to my local Best Buy, I changed my mind.  Instead, I chose to get a nice little package of goodies instead of one big one that I'd probably only use on occasion, and both would have cost about the same amount, so I think I went with the right choice.  My birthday package included:
1.  SFIV Ken Fightpad:  Something I've been wanting for some time, but just could never find and/or never felt like I NEEDED so bad to shell the money out for.  However, with my stalwart Street Fighter playing, and my inevitable getting of other fighting games, I figgered it'd be worth it to just throw in there.  Not to mention, my Best Buy just got a

SHORYUKEN! 2.0
SHORYUKEN! 2.0
crap load of 'em, so the shock of seeing them in a store pretty much forced my hand.
2. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood:  A somewhat guilty pleasure of mine was the first Call of Juarez game.  Now that this one seems to be more solid and fleshed out, it was a no-brainer to get it.  Plan on getting into it this weekend.
3. 4000 MS Points: With a slew of XBLA games coming out that I wish to purchase, this also seemed like a no-brainer.  Plan on shelling out the first of it next week when I buy Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition.
What potential...
What potential...

I'd like to thank my mom and dad (although they'll never read this) for perhaps my most ergonomically sensible birthday gift in some time.  I'll definitely enjoy all of it.
ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ImperiousRix

So my 21st birthday is coming up here in a couple weeks and, good parents they are, my mom and pop asked me what it is I wanted as a gift.  It obviously was going to be video game related, so I wrestled with what I was going to get for a little while.  At first, I figured I'd just ask for a DSi and get it over with, but after some deliberation and a trip to my local Best Buy, I changed my mind.  Instead, I chose to get a nice little package of goodies instead of one big one that I'd probably only use on occasion, and both would have cost about the same amount, so I think I went with the right choice.  My birthday package included:
1.  SFIV Ken Fightpad:  Something I've been wanting for some time, but just could never find and/or never felt like I NEEDED so bad to shell the money out for.  However, with my stalwart Street Fighter playing, and my inevitable getting of other fighting games, I figgered it'd be worth it to just throw in there.  Not to mention, my Best Buy just got a

SHORYUKEN! 2.0
SHORYUKEN! 2.0
crap load of 'em, so the shock of seeing them in a store pretty much forced my hand.
2. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood:  A somewhat guilty pleasure of mine was the first Call of Juarez game.  Now that this one seems to be more solid and fleshed out, it was a no-brainer to get it.  Plan on getting into it this weekend.
3. 4000 MS Points: With a slew of XBLA games coming out that I wish to purchase, this also seemed like a no-brainer.  Plan on shelling out the first of it next week when I buy Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition.
What potential...
What potential...

I'd like to thank my mom and dad (although they'll never read this) for perhaps my most ergonomically sensible birthday gift in some time.  I'll definitely enjoy all of it.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Red12b
@ImperiousRix:

Where the fuck is the most important part, alcohol.
It's your twenty-first man you should only have flashbacks from the photographs that your mates make when you collapse in a drunken stupor.

Although Congrats on the Swag

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Strip club + $500 in booze for you, your buddies, and the chicks that you know who work there + you blacking out + finding out you fucked the hottest stripper that was there later that night = best 21st you could have.

= D

But I guess that being able to enjoy some XBL Summer of Arcade 09 is equivalent to that...on some distant planet...somewhere...in another galaxy...
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#4  Edited By citizenkane

I just turned 21 a week ago.  Congratulations on the swag(I appreciate anyone who uses the word "swag") and hope you have a great birthday!

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Red12b
@jakob187 said:
"Strip club + $500 in booze for you, your buddies, and the chicks that you know who work there + you blacking out + finding out you fucked the hottest stripper that was there later that night = best 21st you could have.

= D

But I guess that being able to enjoy some XBL Summer of Arcade 09 is equivalent to that...on some distant planet...somewhere...in another galaxy...
"

Hahaha Awesome, That would indeed be the best 21st, fuck it best birthday you could have.

Imagine telling your child before their 21st  "Hey kiddo man I had some fun on my 21st, It involved XBL some close friends that have somehow fell out of contact with and some beer OhYeah that was Leet"
And the kid just looking at you thinking to it's self OMG I have just overtaken my dad Geesus. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

Gahh I want a fightpad but I cannot find any at all ><

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bruce

I shall do a blog on my 19th in four days.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Death_Unicorn

21 orbits around the sun, and, hopefully many more! =D

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImperiousRix
@Red12b said:
"@jakob187 said:
"Strip club + $500 in booze for you, your buddies, and the chicks that you know who work there + you blacking out + finding out you fucked the hottest stripper that was there later that night = best 21st you could have.

= D

"

Hahaha Awesome, That would indeed be the best 21st, fuck it best birthday you could have.

Imagine telling your child before their 21st  "Hey kiddo man I had some fun on my 21st, It involved XBL some close friends that have somehow fell out of contact with and some beer OhYeah that was Leet"
And the kid just looking at you thinking to it's self OMG I have just overtaken my dad Geesus. 

"

Haha, well, I don't think my MOM is going to willingly send me to a strip club with a fistful of ones and a blessing to get shit-faced any birthday soon.
My dad, perhaps, but this was their joint effort and I greatly appreciate it.
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By PercyChuggs

I figured there would be plenty of "OMG u shul go get DRRRRRRUNK!" responses. And sure enough there are.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImperiousRix
@PercyChuggs said:
"I figured there would be plenty of "OMG u shul go get DRRRRRRUNK!" responses. And sure enough there are."

And the weird thing is, I DIDN'T expect those reponses, which I guess is pretty idiotic of me.
I was just like, "What evs, I'll probably get like three CONGRATS and that's it".
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By grilledcheez

Good stuff there and Happy Birthday...I could use a big ms pts card myself for all those games I want