This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by mrfrox250 (60 posts) -

Hello My Brothers !

We Are In Good Days ! The Date , Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad <3 !

This Song is My Gift To Muhammad And To All Musulmans in GiantBomb And Too All People Who Muslim or Not ! (Peace)

Respect To All Prophets And All Religions

And Good Bye ! :D

#2 Posted by Tearhead (2147 posts) -

@mrfrox250: The song isn't loading for me.

Not Muslim myself, but thanks for the kind words! Hope you have a great Malwid (hope I'm using that word correctly).

#4 Posted by WalkmanBoy (70 posts) -
#5 Edited by johnbakosh (115 posts) -

CELEBRATE THE DIVERSITY

#6 Posted by TheHumanDove (2504 posts) -

DEM BEATS! DEM BEATS!

#7 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3099 posts) -

Happy Mawlid!

#8 Posted by hermes (1350 posts) -
#9 Edited by Morningstar (2128 posts) -

Have a good one =)

#10 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Didn't it start last monday?

#11 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3099 posts) -

@canteu: According to the Internet, yes.

#12 Posted by psylah (2161 posts) -

Would it be inappropriate for me to say I always found ladies in hijab to be quite attractive? Would hit on a girl in one back in high school.

#13 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@apparatus_unearth: I was going off my Muslim colleagues. But I spose the internet is never wrong!

#14 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3099 posts) -

@canteu: Well I mean if you Google Mawlid it comes up from Google itself.

#15 Posted by Marcsman (3094 posts) -

Personally I think religious topics should be off limits in a video game forum.

#16 Posted by newhaap (416 posts) -

@marcsman: they're just sending holiday greetings, not really having any religious discussion to make it a religious topic...

Happy Mawlid!

#17 Edited by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

@psylah said:

Would it be inappropriate for me to say I always found ladies in hijab to be quite attractive? Would hit on a girl in one back in high school.

It's actually a sign that you could possibly be a serial rapist and/or killer.

#18 Posted by spraynardtatum (2528 posts) -

Happy birthday Muhammad!

#20 Posted by psylah (2161 posts) -

@psylah said:

Aw man :(

#21 Edited by mrfrox250 (60 posts) -

Thanks all :)

#23 Posted by TechHits (1365 posts) -

@psylah said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

@psylah said:

Aw man :(

sorry dude, thems the breaks :(

#25 Posted by TechHits (1365 posts) -

مَولِد النَّبِي

man, I love the Arabic language.

#26 Posted by TruthTellah (8420 posts) -

Hope you have a nice and enjoyable celebration.

#27 Edited by MonetaryDread (1987 posts) -

Fighting urge... must... not... show drawing of Muhammad licking Satans feet.. =(

#28 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

@manmadegod: Because this is the internet, and a games website.. the chances of any religious opinion becoming a flame war is 99%

#29 Posted by AMyggen (2460 posts) -

Come on now, I'm as atheist as they come, but please don't let this turn into some bullshit fight about religion.

#30 Edited by HatKing (5787 posts) -

@marcsman said:

Personally I think religious topics should be off limits in a video game forum.

They were polite and open minded. Just trying to share the celebration with like minded individuals on this forum, and even those who don't share the beliefs. For some reason I don't expect a "Merry Christmas" thread would be received with as much unease. If this stuff bothers you, it's easy to just not click on it.

I celebrate the diversity. Even if I'm not a member of that religion, it's really nice to see folks from different backgrounds on this website.

#31 Posted by ManMadeGod (1552 posts) -

@manmadegod: Because this is the internet, and a games website.. the chances of any religious opinion becoming a flame war is 99%

If this community is not mature enough, then maybe topics about Religion should not be allowed. I have very strong feelings about Muhammad and Islam, and wish to express them just as other express their [positive] feelings. I'm not going to start a flame war. I'll simply be very honest and say Muhammad's birthday should not be celebrated.

#32 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -
#33 Posted by bybeach (4703 posts) -

Nice song!

#34 Posted by Clonedzero (4050 posts) -

happy birthday!

#35 Posted by TheBluthCompany (362 posts) -

Just going to put this out there, but are you sure you are not mixing his birthday up with Muhammad Ali's? Because Muhammad Ali turned 72 today. Also my birthday, but that is irrelevant.

#36 Posted by diz (906 posts) -

On what date do you think Muhammad was born?

#37 Edited by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

@randomhero666 said:

@psychedelicet said:

There are no real prophets, and religion is a cancer.

This is worse than religious fanatics forcing their beliefs onto people. Even though I agree with you, keep it to yourself.

Happy Mawlid

Why is this worse? Why should he not post his opinion?

Islam is not real. Muhammad was a warlord that lived in the 7th century, and I see no reason to celebrate his Birthday. I have every right to be open about my opinion. Who are you to tell me or this other poster to "keep it to yourself"?

Oh I don't know because you're coming into a thread where you obviously have nothing positive to contribute other than to stir up shit? Its just good manners to know when it is and isn't appropriate to bring up your opinions about things.

#38 Posted by JNeam (77 posts) -

@randomhero666 said:

If this community is not mature enough, then maybe topics about Religion should not be allowed. I have very strong feelings about Muhammad and Islam, and wish to express them just as other express their [positive] feelings. I'm not going to start a flame war. I'll simply be very honest and say Muhammad's birthday should not be celebrated.

I understand what you mean. But don't do it in a thread made by a muslim wishing everyone a good day, on a day that is important to them.

This isn't the time and place to talk about your dislikes about religion or Islam.

#39 Posted by ManMadeGod (1552 posts) -

@manmadegod said:

Islam is not real.

The claims that Islam makes are not true. Does that make you feel better? I'm not here to argue semantics.

#40 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -

The claims that Islam makes are not true.

What claims would those be?

#41 Posted by diz (906 posts) -

@manmadegod said:

The claims that Islam makes are not true.

What claims would those be?

One of them could be that Mawlid isn't actually Muhammad's birthday:

from Wikipedia Mawlid:

The earliest observation of the Prophet's birth as a holy day was arranged privately somewhere in the late twelfth century. The only difference from before was that there was an increased number of visitors to the Mawlid house that was open for the whole day specifically for this celebration. This particular event took place on Monday, 12 Rabi'i, which is commonly known as the third month of the Islamic calendar that is associated with the beginning of Spring. This celebration was introduced into the city Sabta by Abu 'l'Abbas al-Azafi as a way of counteracting Christian festivals and to strengthen Muslim identity. Abu 'l'Abbas's son Abu 'l-Kasim propagated the festival after he seized power in 1250. Implementing these festivities and the celebration of Mawlid as a holy day increased Abu 'l-Kasim's popularity among the people, demonstrating the political role that this holy day played throughout history.

#42 Posted by ZombiePie (5561 posts) -

It would appear that members of this community have misconstrued the original purpose of this thread, which was for believers to celebrate a religiously significant event on the forums. As a result this thread is being locked. Using the forum to express disdain and hatred related to any religion is not tolerated on Giant Bomb as it violates our prime directive, which is "don't be a jerk." Please keep this in mind in the future.