Blacker Than The Blackest Black - Friday is Coming Soon!!!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Edited By jakob187

I've never been to a store on Friday of African-American Descent*.  As a matter of fact, I've done everything in my power year after year to AVOID it.  I never seem to have money around that time, and more often than not, I have no desire to wait around with a crowd of people trying to get in a door for an item.

Until this year...

I recently bought a computer from my cousin for $150.  Nothing super special, just an HP to do some movie editing and music stuff with it.  It already has a copy of Cakewalk Music Creator on it, which is the primary reason I got it.  Nonetheless, he's selling it to me without the monitor.  So, with Friday of African-American Descent* coming around, and the fact that I've actually got cash to spend for Black Friday, I decided to check out the ads.  Best Buy was my first place, and after finding what I wanted, it's the only place I'll be going.

Acer 19
Acer 19" widescreen flat-panel
This sweet little thing comes in at a total cost of $99.99 plus tax.  Definitely worth spending my money on.  The response time is eh (5ms), but it's a nice 700:1 contrast ratio and 1440 x 900 native res.

So, that's gonna be my big thing this week.  This will definitely help me to get my Warhammer Online video edited together in the privacy of my own home, and overdubbed with voiceover, in time for Monday's video contest deadline over at iGames.  I'm prayin' for that big money, folks.  $1500 first prize, and even if I get fifth, that's worth $200 bucks.  I'll get half of whatever we win (my boss gets the other half since it's his gaming center).  The last video I did for our launch party of Civilization Revolution, which was rather basic, put $250 in my pocket...and I'm going a bit more conceptual with this new one.

I'm also hoping that, with this new monitor in my place, I'll finally be able to start doing some of the things I've wanted to do for a while.  Me and my cousin, bellybear, are going to start doing a weekly or bi-weekly show where we discuss music, movies, and games...and with the Music Creator program, I should be able to start doing a regular podcast.

The other big thing is that with the free camcorder that I got from my boss + this computer + all my editing software, I might FINALLY be able to do the one thing I've wanted to do forever:  make a movie and submit it to SXSW.  I don't even really care if I made a movie and it didn't get picked for show, but it would be nice to just make one and finally say "I did this".  It's the same way that I finally bunkered down with bellybear and started writing some music that ended up getting recorded, despite the fact that it was in my mom's dining room.  lol

So, what about you guys?  Are you goin' out to get some doorbusters on Friday of African-American Descent*?  What are you lookin' at?  Pictures encouraged, as always.

Until next time, piece.

*EDIT - Thanks to HandsomeDead for correcting my utter racism.  How could I DARE call it Black Friday?

SHIT, I SAID IT!!!
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jakob187

I've never been to a store on Friday of African-American Descent*.  As a matter of fact, I've done everything in my power year after year to AVOID it.  I never seem to have money around that time, and more often than not, I have no desire to wait around with a crowd of people trying to get in a door for an item.

Until this year...

I recently bought a computer from my cousin for $150.  Nothing super special, just an HP to do some movie editing and music stuff with it.  It already has a copy of Cakewalk Music Creator on it, which is the primary reason I got it.  Nonetheless, he's selling it to me without the monitor.  So, with Friday of African-American Descent* coming around, and the fact that I've actually got cash to spend for Black Friday, I decided to check out the ads.  Best Buy was my first place, and after finding what I wanted, it's the only place I'll be going.

Acer 19
Acer 19" widescreen flat-panel
This sweet little thing comes in at a total cost of $99.99 plus tax.  Definitely worth spending my money on.  The response time is eh (5ms), but it's a nice 700:1 contrast ratio and 1440 x 900 native res.

So, that's gonna be my big thing this week.  This will definitely help me to get my Warhammer Online video edited together in the privacy of my own home, and overdubbed with voiceover, in time for Monday's video contest deadline over at iGames.  I'm prayin' for that big money, folks.  $1500 first prize, and even if I get fifth, that's worth $200 bucks.  I'll get half of whatever we win (my boss gets the other half since it's his gaming center).  The last video I did for our launch party of Civilization Revolution, which was rather basic, put $250 in my pocket...and I'm going a bit more conceptual with this new one.

I'm also hoping that, with this new monitor in my place, I'll finally be able to start doing some of the things I've wanted to do for a while.  Me and my cousin, bellybear, are going to start doing a weekly or bi-weekly show where we discuss music, movies, and games...and with the Music Creator program, I should be able to start doing a regular podcast.

The other big thing is that with the free camcorder that I got from my boss + this computer + all my editing software, I might FINALLY be able to do the one thing I've wanted to do forever:  make a movie and submit it to SXSW.  I don't even really care if I made a movie and it didn't get picked for show, but it would be nice to just make one and finally say "I did this".  It's the same way that I finally bunkered down with bellybear and started writing some music that ended up getting recorded, despite the fact that it was in my mom's dining room.  lol

So, what about you guys?  Are you goin' out to get some doorbusters on Friday of African-American Descent*?  What are you lookin' at?  Pictures encouraged, as always.

Until next time, piece.

*EDIT - Thanks to HandsomeDead for correcting my utter racism.  How could I DARE call it Black Friday?

SHIT, I SAID IT!!!
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

Racist. It's 'Friday of African Descent.'

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac
HandsomeDead said:
"Racist. It's 'Friday of African Descent.'"
Nonononono, there. Obama's not president yet . . .
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jakob187
HandsomeDead said:
"Racist. It's 'Friday of African Descent.'"
WHOA, WHOA, WHOOOOOOOOA!!!
African-AMERICAN Descent.  I will correct my mistake.
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By singular

Why is it called black Friday anyway?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead
SinGulaR said:
"Why is it called black Friday anyway?"
There's more robberies and gang violence than on any other day.
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By singular
HandsomeDead said:
"SinGulaR said:
There's more robberies and gang violence than on any other day."

lol Not really? Doesn't it have something to do with the Wall Street crash?
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Gunner
SinGulaR said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"SinGulaR said:
There's more robberies and gang violence than on any other day."

lol Not really? Doesn't it have something to do with the Wall Street crash?"
Because black people get depressed the day after thanksgiving and they commit mass suicide.

Not really though, everyone rushes to the stores to buy presents for Christmas the day after thanksgiving because of all the sales the stores have. And its always on a friday so they call it black friday.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187

All blatantly unfunny racism aside, no one actually explained the "black" part of it.  So here's the real explanation:

The term "Black Friday" originated in Philadelphia in reference to the heavy traffic on that day.  More recently, merchants and the media have used it instead to refer to the beginning of the period in which retailers are in the black (i.e. turning a profit).

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By singular

Thanks for explaining :)

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By erinfizz

me? I think I will pick up Samba de Amigo for the Wii for 19.99. I know the reviews were rough on it, but I still want.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gunner
jakob187 said:
"All blatantly unfunny racism aside, "
pfft, This coming from a guy who lives in Texas.

Im actually going to stay home this year for Black Friday. Normally i would go but this year has been more financually draining than usual so everyone is getting something really cheap for Christmas.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

You're such a freaking racist. 
Change the topic title (or can you here?)
It should read: The Most African-Amercian African American- Friday is coming soon

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jakob187
Gunner said:
"jakob187 said:

Im actually going to stay home this year for Black Friday. Normally i would go but this year has been more financually draining than usual so everyone is getting something really cheap for Christmas."
Right, but I'm from WACO, Texas.  We're not racists - we're cultists.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gunner
jakob187 said:
"Gunner said:
"jakob187 said:

Im actually going to stay home this year for Black Friday. Normally i would go but this year has been more financually draining than usual so everyone is getting something really cheap for Christmas."
Right, but I'm from WACO, Texas.  We're not racists - we're cultists."
So.. your in the KKK?

I kid, i kid.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Gunner said:
"jakob187 said:
"Gunner said:
"jakob187 said:

So.. your in the KKK?

I kid, i kid."

No, probably polygamists
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jakob187
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Gunner said:
"jakob187 said:
"Gunner said:
"jakob187 said:

So.. your in the KKK?

I kid, i kid."

No, probably polygamists"
No, but there is a polygamist colony in Chalk Bluff, right outside of Waco, called Homestead Heritage.  =  /
We'll just never have it easy here...
lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By lamegame621

Holy crap, Jakob. Are you a Branch Davidian??? lol

theshadow027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By theshadow027
erinfizz said:
"me? I think I will pick up Samba de Amigo for the Wii for 19.99. I know the reviews were rough on it, but I still want."
Great game, I'd definitely pay 20 bucks for it. Have some friends over and laugh at them shaking large plastic maracas =P
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Emilio

I want to get in on some of this stuff but I don't know if any of it will be available online.. :(

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jakob187
lamegame621 said:
"Holy crap, Jakob. Are you a Branch Davidian??? lol"
My mom almost got abducted by Koresh once.  Does that count?  =  /  Other than that, I'm sad to say that I'm not some crazy religious extremist.  Sorry.
Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gameboi

Speaking of deals:  Shadow of the Colossus,  $9.98 at Amazon.  Go on and splurge,  last remaining holdouts. You deserve it!

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lamegame621
Gameboi said:
"Speaking of deals:  Shadow of the Colossus,  $9.98 at Amazon.  Go on and splurge,  last remaining holdouts. You deserve it!

"
now THATis a great damn game. worth the $20 i paid for it. jakob187 said:
"lamegame621 said:
"Holy crap, Jakob. Are you a Branch Davidian??? lol"
My mom almost got abducted by Koresh once.  Does that count?  =  /  Other than that, I'm sad to say that I'm not some crazy religious extremist.  Sorry."
and damn, that's crazy. Lots of polygamist ranches/cults in West Texas though. Apparently they can't hide from the ATF and FBI too well. Good to know you're not crazy.
Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gameboi

Bah... It's  now back to just under $20.