• 68 results
#1 Edited by FirePrince (1767 posts) -

And It isn't very pretty. 

A final warning has been issued. The investigation will be continued by the Account Administration team Blizzard.

we need you here to check your account status as soon as possible.
This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
We have the evidence to prove that your account  involved in the controversial game currency transaction .
If you did NOT make any changes to your account or subscription, we recommend you login to Account Management at the following link to review your account
settings: [link removed] we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.
To ensure the legitimacy of your account, The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account.
To ensure the legitimacy of your account.
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter,
and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.
For more information, click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions or to contact the Blizzard Billing & Account Services team.
Billing & Account Services can be reached at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD begin_of_the_skype_highlighting               1-800-59-BLIZZARD        end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting               1-800-59-BLIZZARD begin_of_the_skype_highlighting               1-800-59-BLIZZARD        end_of_the_skype_highlighting        end_of_the_skype_highlighting ( 1-800-592-5499 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting               1-800-592-5499        end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting               1-800-592-5499 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting               1-800-592-5499        end_of_the_skype_highlighting        end_of_the_skype_highlighting Mon- Fri, 8Am-8PM Pacific Time) or at [link-removed]

This is really odd.It's poorly written, for one, and as for Wow, I only downloaded the trial a loooong-ass time ago.Also, I don't play WoW,but since when does it have "game currency "?
This stinks of scam.

#2 Posted by RNiemeijer (133 posts) -

I have gotten millions of those and i don't even play wow

#3 Posted by rflx (577 posts) -

Yes. Obviously a scam. So why post it here?

#4 Posted by MattyFTM (14433 posts) -

Just look at the URL they're trying to get you to click.

#5 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

eu.battlo.net

#6 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Scammers just stopped trying entirely, haven't they?

#7 Posted by FirePrince (1767 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
"

eu.battlo.net

"

Oh, I didn't even see that.That's great.
#8 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

I get 7 emails per day from 'Blizzard'.

That email isn't even the one I used for WoW.

But seriously, its crazy.

#9 Posted by raiz265 (2242 posts) -
@FirePrince: ALWAYS ignore "Blizzard" mails 

when you can't log into you account anymore is the time you should contact them...
#10 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (608 posts) -

I receive tons of these emails. I have taken to enjoy reading them because of how poorly they are written.

#11 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

CLICK EVERYTHING

#12 Posted by FirePrince (1767 posts) -

I just changed my password, just to see the reaction.I swear I'm going to edit the first post with the response if they go bananas.

#13 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

YOU SHOULD TAKE THE FUCKING URL OUT OF YOUR POST.

#14 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Vinchenzo: You honestly think someone's going to click it?

Uhm.
#15 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
@Azteck said:
" @Vinchenzo: You honestly think someone's going to click it?  Uhm. "
There are lots of clueless people out there. It just shouldn't be posted. Was that a serious reply on your part?
#16 Posted by ___pocalypse (554 posts) -

I've gotten those even when I didn't play WoW. Usually, my email spam filter figures them out and I don't even see them unless I check the spam folder. Definitely not a legit Blizzard email lol

#17 Edited by ZoomyRamen (237 posts) -

Blatantly a scam, me on the other got an email from the real blizzard informing me of acceptance into the Cataclysm Beta program, just have to wait whilst they finalise all my account details, can't wait :D

#18 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" @Azteck said:
" @Vinchenzo: You honestly think someone's going to click it?  Uhm. "
There are lots of clueless people out there. It just shouldn't be posted. Was that a serious reply on your part? "
Now you tell me. Jesus FUCK. =p
#19 Posted by Drakhir (410 posts) -
@RNiemeijer said:
" I have gotten millions of those and i don't even play wow "
#20 Posted by valrog (3648 posts) -

Click it.
#21 Edited by PS3RG (424 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:

" CLICK EVERYTHING "

This is the only way to make sure you don't have your account banned. 

But seriously, come on. Delete the email and don't worry about it. 

PS: I'm also upset that you would post the URL link on the GiantBomb Forums, especially considering you weren't sure what it was.
#22 Posted by Marz (5672 posts) -

why did you copy and paste?   your basically phishing for the phishers because some forum members might accidentally click on the links.

#23 Posted by Bones8677 (3283 posts) -
@Marz said:
" why did you copy and paste?   your basically phishing for the phishers because some forum members might accidentally click on the links. "
Yo Dawg I heard you like Phising...
#24 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4833 posts) -
@Azteck said:
" Scammers just stopped trying entirely, haven't they? "
Haha, pretty much. Well, to be honest it seems that these days, scammers are made up of people whose first language is not english. Not too long ago, I got several in-game messages that sound like they were written by a foreigner who took 1 day of an english class and failed that. To make matters worse, they tried to send me to a link that was the most blatantly obvious phishing link ever. 

In a way, I feel sorry for people who get scammed by this stuff. I mean first of all, the grammer should be a giant red flag, but the link is the most obvious part of it all. Why would Blizzard, or anyone at all for that matter, send you to a completely different site just to handle an account issue? They handle everything from this one site, but then suddenly it's "oh, go here instead because uhhh our other site that handles everything regarding your account can't handle this." It's common sense...or rather it should be.
#25 Posted by Fallen189 (5052 posts) -

I get about 7 a day, and it's fucking infuriating. I don't even play WoW!!

#26 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Oh wow you got ONE mail?

#27 Posted by animathias (1194 posts) -

Please edit that link out of the original topic. :)

I get those emails all the time. If I think they're even the least bit legitimate, I close the email and immediately go to the Battle.net site I have bookmarked and log in. If there's something up with your account, they will tell you right there. Even if I'm absolutely positive the email is from Blizzard (I change my password, or change some information on the site, or my time is expiring,) I never click a link in the email, I just use the bookmark or url that I know is legitimate.

#28 Posted by CornBREDX (6077 posts) -

haha
Phishing and other forms of Scams are funny. I dont believe any Blizzard emails I get unless they have the correct reply to in the source headers (which they usually don't).

My concern is the OP seeming like he thinks it's real but isnt sure. I assure, you OP this email isnt real. Just look at the header, and when you see the reply to address is somedude@hotmail.com you'll thank me =P

Also, Blizzard doesn't send emails out that look like this or go to random non blizzard websites haha =P

#29 Posted by valrog (3648 posts) -

While you're at it, visit steamcommunity.tk for some free games.

#30 Posted by DougQuaid (1275 posts) -
#31 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

That's uh, a pretty poor scam attempt.

#32 Posted by Subjugation (4743 posts) -

I get these for Aion when I haven't ever played the game. I get them for WoW as well but I trained gmail to send it straight to the spam folder.

#33 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -
@valrog said:
"
  Click it. "

#34 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@FirePrince: Phishing. 

phish phish phish phish phish. 

Don't bite.
#35 Posted by StarvingGamer (8560 posts) -

Did anyone consider the possibility that OP is actually the phisher phishing!?!?!? Get him!

#36 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" CLICK EVERYTHING "
everything?
#37 Posted by FirePrince (1767 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:
"Did anyone consider the possibility that OP is actually the phisher phishing!?!?!? Get him! "

Get that torch away from me.
#38 Posted by Noodles (539 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" I get 7 emails per day from 'Blizzard'.  That email isn't even the one I used for WoW.  But seriously, its crazy. "
Same here; I have a filter on my Gmail account to automatically trash any email that comes in containing 'Blizzard' or 'Warcraft'.
#39 Posted by 1upmuffin (30 posts) -
@RNiemeijer said:
" I have gotten millions of those and i don't even play wow "
Same, my non-existent WoW account is always having billing errors. :)
#40 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that anybody who has ever played WoW is getting a shit load of those, constantly. I know I am, and a few friends of mine that play are getting them also.

#41 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" CLICK EVERYTHING "
everything? "
FUCKING EVERYTHING
#42 Posted by thehuntsmen5434 (436 posts) -
@FirePrince:  I've gotten one that says they found evidence I'm selling or traded my account, so I have to log in ASAP.  

I don't know how that's possible considering my account hasn't been active for a year
#43 Posted by PillClinton (3297 posts) -

so obviously a scam.  why post it here? 

#44 Posted by Jothel (937 posts) -

what happens exactly when you click that link? i'm slightly out of the loop when it comes to phishing scams etc

#45 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Seriously, OP should be banned for even putting that link up.  Why hasn't it been removed 5 hours later?

#46 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @GlenTennis said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" CLICK EVERYTHING "
everything? "
FUCKING EVERYTHING "
Everything, you say? Just want to make sure I got that bit right.
#47 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3245 posts) -

DON'T DO JACK SHIT! It's obviously spam.

#48 Edited by FritzDude (2273 posts) -
#49 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

Oh, and the Website is from Hong Kong... Go figure.

#50 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
@Underachiever007 said:

" @Jeffsekai said:

" @GlenTennis said:

" @Jeffsekai said:
" CLICK EVERYTHING "
everything? "
FUCKING EVERYTHING "
Everything, you say? Just want to make sure I got that bit right. "