Posted by AlisterCat (5520 posts) -

I had an idea for a Whiskey Media calendar.

A real, printed calendar that you can hang on your wall. People still do that, right? My mum does. So if you are over 40 I guess. The photoshop thread would have been a perfect source of money shots for the monthly photo, but they're too low res for print. In the end, I just made a couple of months using the amazing Chat Dragon and Whiskey Warrior by Dave Snider.

Here's a sample that can be used as a wallpaper.

February - Chat Dragon
March - Whiskey Warrior

These are low quality, but you can get the 1920x1080 version by clicking. I'd like to know what people think. Would people buy a physical calendar? Not necessarily of this design of course. My mum has three. In the same room.

Also, a bonus alternative to February.

#1 Edited by AlisterCat (5520 posts) -

I had an idea for a Whiskey Media calendar.

A real, printed calendar that you can hang on your wall. People still do that, right? My mum does. So if you are over 40 I guess. The photoshop thread would have been a perfect source of money shots for the monthly photo, but they're too low res for print. In the end, I just made a couple of months using the amazing Chat Dragon and Whiskey Warrior by Dave Snider.

Here's a sample that can be used as a wallpaper.

February - Chat Dragon
March - Whiskey Warrior

These are low quality, but you can get the 1920x1080 version by clicking. I'd like to know what people think. Would people buy a physical calendar? Not necessarily of this design of course. My mum has three. In the same room.

Also, a bonus alternative to February.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

How are you gonna fill the other 10 months?

#3 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -
@Video_Game_King Vinny for every other month
#4 Posted by AlisterCat (5520 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Just photos of Chloe Bananas.

#5 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

Did you make that warrior? Or is that from some other picture?

#6 Posted by AlisterCat (5520 posts) -

@Valames: No that's Dave's as well. Made around the same time as the chat dragon.

#7 Posted by Mento (2490 posts) -

The Whiskey League Baseball cards would fill up a calendar, but aren't quite as stylistic as those emblems. Then again, if Dave ever wanted to merchandise those things, this would probably be the way to do it. Short of simply selling them as a deck of cards.

#8 Posted by Meltbrain (2968 posts) -

Nice job, man! That is awesome.

#9 Posted by AlisterCat (5520 posts) -

@Mento: Those baseball cards were pretty great. They'd be good as a product on their own except I'd have nobody to trade them with. :/

#10 Posted by Brackynews (4056 posts) -

@AlisterCat: If I could swipe those cards in my eReader I'd collect more of em.

And in fact I need a wall calendar! Gonna whip these off on my 13x19". Sanks!

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (259 posts) -

I fucking LOVE the warrior one. Great job, duder!

#12 Posted by AlisterCat (5520 posts) -

@courtney12490 said:

I fucking LOVE the warrior one. Great job, duder!

Thank Dave, he designed it. I just made a Whiskey Themed calendar.

#13 Posted by Scratch (628 posts) -

I love these. Even if I don't really need a physical calendar; would totally buy one.

#14 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

I just set the Dave calendar as my wallpaper. Thank you. I would TOTALLY buy one.