Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By Scorched

I need to do it more.
Haven't made a blog post since, let me see . . . January 8th.
Well I don't know if I can recall all my gaming since then.  Well yesterday I beat Prince of Persia after having to completely start over due to a game ending bug, where Elika refused to move or do anything other than save me when I jumped off thing, couldn't activate the plates though.  I overall enjoyed the experience.  It was a nice chill game, I enjoyed the dialog too and the relationship evolution between the prince and Elika.

Let's see what else.  Well I'm playing Empire Total War.  Absolutely amazing game.  I love the total war games so my opinion may be somewhat biased.  I was somewhat shocked at how well Empire worked.  I was somewhat skeptical of the 18th century time period, but it works out very well and adds some freshness to the combat.

Also I've been playing some Dawn of War 2.  This is a also a great game.  I found that the levels in the campaign felt like a dungeon in an MMO.  It offers quite a unique single player experience; however, the multiplayer, although it is enjoyable, doesn't quite live up to it's spiritual predecessor, Company of Heroes, which, in my opinion, is the best multiplayer RTS around. (yes, even better than starcraft)

I think I got Red Alert 3 somewhere within my nonblogging period.  I actually very much disliked it.  I find that I can no longer play traditional RTSs do to Company of Heroes.  It's quite sad, I was a great fan of the old Red Alerts and C&C series.  Oh well.

Still playing constant Company of Heroes and Left 4 Dead.  Also I'm taking a break from WoW.

Out of Game:

Well first of all the Out of the Game podcast.  This is a new podcast that includes Shawn Elliott, Jeff Green, N'gai Croal, Robert Ahley, and Luke Smith.  A great cast!  It mostly consist of off topic discussion, but of course games are often involved considering the employment and hobies of the cast.  It is a biweekly podcast.  Highly reccommed that you go get.

Also saw Watchmen.  Loved it.  Pretty much all I have to say.  I don't think it could have been much better, and Rorschach was perfectly casted.  Jackie Earle Haley's performance was to if not exceeding the performance of the Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight.  Amazing!

Also I kinda go into comics.  I was never much of a comic person. Watchmen actually got me into it.  First comic book I have even touched.  Now I'm reading the Walking Dead series (on book 2) and V for Vendetta.  I'm very pleased to have found this new interest.  Also I've been driving for a while.  Got a car and stuff.  I also have a Black Mesa parking permit.  Haha, I'm such a geek.  Oh well, I love it.

Scorched out
Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Scorched

I need to do it more.
Haven't made a blog post since, let me see . . . January 8th.
Well I don't know if I can recall all my gaming since then.  Well yesterday I beat Prince of Persia after having to completely start over due to a game ending bug, where Elika refused to move or do anything other than save me when I jumped off thing, couldn't activate the plates though.  I overall enjoyed the experience.  It was a nice chill game, I enjoyed the dialog too and the relationship evolution between the prince and Elika.

Let's see what else.  Well I'm playing Empire Total War.  Absolutely amazing game.  I love the total war games so my opinion may be somewhat biased.  I was somewhat shocked at how well Empire worked.  I was somewhat skeptical of the 18th century time period, but it works out very well and adds some freshness to the combat.

Also I've been playing some Dawn of War 2.  This is a also a great game.  I found that the levels in the campaign felt like a dungeon in an MMO.  It offers quite a unique single player experience; however, the multiplayer, although it is enjoyable, doesn't quite live up to it's spiritual predecessor, Company of Heroes, which, in my opinion, is the best multiplayer RTS around. (yes, even better than starcraft)

I think I got Red Alert 3 somewhere within my nonblogging period.  I actually very much disliked it.  I find that I can no longer play traditional RTSs do to Company of Heroes.  It's quite sad, I was a great fan of the old Red Alerts and C&C series.  Oh well.

Still playing constant Company of Heroes and Left 4 Dead.  Also I'm taking a break from WoW.

Out of Game:

Well first of all the Out of the Game podcast.  This is a new podcast that includes Shawn Elliott, Jeff Green, N'gai Croal, Robert Ahley, and Luke Smith.  A great cast!  It mostly consist of off topic discussion, but of course games are often involved considering the employment and hobies of the cast.  It is a biweekly podcast.  Highly reccommed that you go get.

Also saw Watchmen.  Loved it.  Pretty much all I have to say.  I don't think it could have been much better, and Rorschach was perfectly casted.  Jackie Earle Haley's performance was to if not exceeding the performance of the Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight.  Amazing!

Also I kinda go into comics.  I was never much of a comic person. Watchmen actually got me into it.  First comic book I have even touched.  Now I'm reading the Walking Dead series (on book 2) and V for Vendetta.  I'm very pleased to have found this new interest.  Also I've been driving for a while.  Got a car and stuff.  I also have a Black Mesa parking permit.  Haha, I'm such a geek.  Oh well, I love it.

Scorched out
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Gunner

Sweet, what faction did you choose for Empire: Total war?

Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Scorched

I've been experimenting with pretty much everything
Mostly British and Dutch though.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

Thanks for the tip on the podcast!

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Gunner
Scorched said:
"I've been experimenting with pretty much everythingMostly British and Dutch though."
sweet, ive been primarily sticking with prussia, ive nearly conquered all of europe and once i do, im thinking of starting a new game as france.
Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scorched

Sweet, Prussia was actually the first country I played. Good country.  It reminded me more of the traditional total wars, because I didn't have to focus on the other maps, which I actually really enjoyed.  The different countries offer many different play styles.  I started experimenting with Russia today.  They are also a fun country to play as.  I'm going to spend way too much time on this game.

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By dj

Going to iTunes right now. That podcast sounds amazing!