Bluesapalooza 2009

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

Bluesapalooza is a large blues festival in Covina, California. It's held on a large closed off street surrounded by restaurant and bars. Its about an hour from where I live. I'm a huge fan of blues and love to see live shows anytime I can. So when my grandfather called me to see if I wanted to go, I was excited. This wasn't my first Bluesapalooza. In fact, it was my third. There's also a car festival that is held with it called Thunderfest. Cheesy name, Gorgeous cars. The cars were lined up for about a quarter mile on both sides of the street. The day started off rocky when we were walking through the crowds and stumbled upon a man on a stool yelling at passersby about evolution. He had a giant illustrated pad that stated that evolution was wrong and was challenging people to prove it right. I'm a believer in evolution but I'm always willing to listen to other peoples ideals. He was out the just to tell people how wrong they were and went as far as to chase after someone to argue with them. After we passed him everything got a lot better. 
   The first band I watched, Chico's Bail Bonds, was really good. I caught the last few songs in their set and the obligatory three minute solos from every band member. The second band, The rhythm Kings, had a Santana vibe to them. 1960's Santana, not just Carlos by himself. I watched their entire set and it was spectacular until the keyboardist solo came up and he preceded to run his elbow across the keyboard for about a minute and a half. After that he decided to play with his ass. All was redeemed when it was the drummer's solo. It was fantastic and the highlight of my afternoon. Third was L.A. Jones and the Blues Messengers. They were the least memorable because their music was very generic. The only reason I remembered their name is because Mr. Jones started asking for money two songs before their set was over. All of the other bands had brought CDs, T-shirts, and other merchandise. He was asking for money straight up and that left me feeling a little uneasy. The final act I saw was Brad Wilson. He had a fantastic organ player that made the entire show. His music was very upbeat and had various couples dancing in front of the stage. Overall, they were some great shows. 
   The cars they had there were beautiful. Almost all of them were classic American cars that had been rebuilt. I kicked my self every time I looked at one of them because I left my camera at home. On a completely random note I saw a forty year old man with a large beard rocking a Battlefield 1943 shirt. That was pretty awesome.      

Now I will leave you duders with some pics of the awesome shirt I got. 

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

Bluesapalooza is a large blues festival in Covina, California. It's held on a large closed off street surrounded by restaurant and bars. Its about an hour from where I live. I'm a huge fan of blues and love to see live shows anytime I can. So when my grandfather called me to see if I wanted to go, I was excited. This wasn't my first Bluesapalooza. In fact, it was my third. There's also a car festival that is held with it called Thunderfest. Cheesy name, Gorgeous cars. The cars were lined up for about a quarter mile on both sides of the street. The day started off rocky when we were walking through the crowds and stumbled upon a man on a stool yelling at passersby about evolution. He had a giant illustrated pad that stated that evolution was wrong and was challenging people to prove it right. I'm a believer in evolution but I'm always willing to listen to other peoples ideals. He was out the just to tell people how wrong they were and went as far as to chase after someone to argue with them. After we passed him everything got a lot better. 
   The first band I watched, Chico's Bail Bonds, was really good. I caught the last few songs in their set and the obligatory three minute solos from every band member. The second band, The rhythm Kings, had a Santana vibe to them. 1960's Santana, not just Carlos by himself. I watched their entire set and it was spectacular until the keyboardist solo came up and he preceded to run his elbow across the keyboard for about a minute and a half. After that he decided to play with his ass. All was redeemed when it was the drummer's solo. It was fantastic and the highlight of my afternoon. Third was L.A. Jones and the Blues Messengers. They were the least memorable because their music was very generic. The only reason I remembered their name is because Mr. Jones started asking for money two songs before their set was over. All of the other bands had brought CDs, T-shirts, and other merchandise. He was asking for money straight up and that left me feeling a little uneasy. The final act I saw was Brad Wilson. He had a fantastic organ player that made the entire show. His music was very upbeat and had various couples dancing in front of the stage. Overall, they were some great shows. 
   The cars they had there were beautiful. Almost all of them were classic American cars that had been rebuilt. I kicked my self every time I looked at one of them because I left my camera at home. On a completely random note I saw a forty year old man with a large beard rocking a Battlefield 1943 shirt. That was pretty awesome.      

Now I will leave you duders with some pics of the awesome shirt I got.