Books your currently reading.

abomunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Chaos by James Gleick. Written in 1987, but still fascinating. I'm moving on to his book on information theory when this is done.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Warbreaker and Words of Radiance.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#503  Edited By CaLe

I enjoyed the drama a lot more than I expected so decided I'd try the book.

No Caption Provided
amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Powershell bible, windows server 2012 study guide and the collected works of HP Lovecraft again.

Bait003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

david gemmell - sword in the storm

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Green Eggs and Ham

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#508  Edited By sarahsdad

Just finished 23 Hours by David Wellington. It's the 4th out of 5 books in a vampire series he did.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catastrophe: Europe Goes to War 1914 by Max Hastings

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

James Dashner - The Scorch Trails

anywhereilay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Irving - The World According to Garp. I think I might be sick of Irving, all his books I've read seem to follow a very similar formula.

Jack Kerouac - The Subterraneans. By the numbers Kerouac, which isn't a bad thing considering his uncommon style.

BambamCZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for fun: Jakub Cwiek - Klamca (Liar) going through the third book, I like this version of Loki a lot.

and other than that I try to make it through A.M. Marek - Psychology (old but interesting), Michel & Moore - Psychobiology and a book on psychoteraphy where I don't remember the title and left it at my friend's place.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#513  Edited By Icemael

Ficciones - Jorge Luis Borges

Simulacra and Simulation and The Intelligence of Evil or the Lucidity Pact - Jean Baudillard

Magnifico: The Brilliant Life and Violent Times of Lorenzo de' Medici - Miles J. Unger

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before they are Hanged - Joe Abercrombie (sequel to The Blade Itself)

Good series so far.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'm currently reading "The Sacrifice Game" / Brian D'Amato.

The above books is the second book in a trilogy that started with, In the Courts of the Sun. In the first book, a team of scientists send a math prodigy and Mayan descendant back in time to the year AD 664 to learn the "Sacrifice Game," a divination ritual that the ancient Maya used to predict the apocalypse. But after arriving in the body of a willing human sacrifice instead of a Mayan king, Jed’s experiences led him to the fateful decision that rather than avert the apocalypse, he must ensure instead that the world ends. The second book is about, math prodigy and Mayan descendant (Jed) setting in motion a series of events that he thinks will bring about the destruction of humanity, ending the world’s pain and suffering once and for all. I just started it, but the first book sets up the destruction of humanity really be a transcendent step to our next level of existence...or so the Jed thinks... we will see.

These books sound stupid, right? The Mayan Apocalypse...that's lame 2012 stuff!!!

However, these books are wonderful! These books bring the Mayan people, their culture, their architecture, and their lives into vibrant life. The world it presents is so richly detailed, so colorful and so amazing because ist was very well researched. The books are really smart attempts to make something cool out of the Mayan apocalypse stuff, and it succeeds. Honestly, these books are stunningly realized views of a nearly lost culture.

Overall, the descriptions in teh books make you wish someone woudl make a GAME out of the books...spoiler... part of the plot of the first book actually is about an MMO about the ancient Mayans we would all wish existed. The series is great sci-fi while being a very cool view into a culture people know too little about.

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Currently:

Ghost Story by Jim Butcher (Part of the Dresden Files)

Galveston by Nic Pizzolatto

I had actually blown through the rest of Dresden Files a while back but stopped mid book in Ghost Story right before Cold Days came out. Initially I didn't like it due to story elements that happened but going back now its fine and I'm liking it. I'll be reading Cold Days next and I should be done with both before the end of the month and then I'll pick up the new release Skin Game.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#517  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heaven's Shadow, the first of a trilogy of what's basically a modern, Hollywoodized update of Rendezvous With Rama. The book's written by two screenwriters, and it shows...it's slick, shallow, and there's lots of dialogue punctuated by exclamation points. But still entertaining for all that. I'll certainly finish it as it's a fast read, but I'm not sure I'll move on to the next book quite yet.

BambamCZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson.

such an awesome book, suddenly got an urge to re-read it