#151 Posted by ch3burashka (5065 posts) -

"The Yellow Wallpaper and other stories" by Charlotte Gilman. The Yellow Wallpaper is fucking incredible, the other stories are alright.

#152 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4737 posts) -

Wheel of Time 4: The Shadow Rising

I'm only like one chapter in, but it was a 40 bloody page chapter, goddammit! I really liked those 40 pages though.
Wasn't too keen on WoT3 to be honest. The Tar Valon girls are duuuuuuull.

#153 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

Jennifer Government by Max Barry, I've read it a few times before.

#154 Posted by Andheez (583 posts) -
@Eristocrat: 
LOL exactly why I came to post.
#155 Posted by Tofford (532 posts) -
@TrueEnglishGent: Awesome books but don't see the film its crap 

I am reading Nerd Do Well which is Simon Pegg's Autobiography and so far really enjoying it.
#156 Posted by Ravelle (1261 posts) -

Machine Of Death and Mass Effect Revalation.

#157 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Is this the thread we use for book reading? It must be. 

Anyway, I'm reading Kill the Dead: A Sandman Slim Novel by Richard Kadrey. It's really good.

#158 Posted by Fishstick (156 posts) -

The Kindle has made me the worst reader ever. I now just jump from book to book. Currently reading: The first Dark Tower book, IT, An Idiot Abroad, Nerd Do Well, The History of Videogames and the Dead Space: Martyr book.

#159 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Mass Effect Ascension

#160 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

Isaac Asimov - The Robots of Dawn....

for the 4th time (that book is so so so good)

#161 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

Just finished The Law Of Nines by Terry Goodkind.

#162 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
Peace by Gene Wolfe.
#163 Posted by DarkTravesty (330 posts) -

#164 Posted by RipTheVeins (1546 posts) -

The complete works of H.P. Lovecraft.  I wish more horror was about the psychological aspect rather than just blood splatters everywhere. Le sigh.

#165 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

"Restaurant at the End of the Universe" and I'm really not caring for it or its predecessor "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy". After that I have the second Dragon Age novel, the last Republic Commando novel, and some warhammer omnibus to start in on. I want to read the Dragon Age one, but between the 200+ hours of Dragon Age and Dragon Age 2 that I will be putting in over the next few weeks I'm afraid I may burn myself out on Dragon Age and not enjoy it as much as I would other wise. 

Think I will start in on the Star Wars novel.

#166 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

For school:

A Patriot's History of the United States

Outside of School:
Nothing at the moment. Been meaning to start a Heart of Darkness though.

#167 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -
#168 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
@crusader8463: Hitchhiker's Guide is bloody brilliant. The series doesn't fall off until the fourth book, which was boring as hell.
#169 Posted by losha (11 posts) -

Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan

#170 Posted by Simulacrum (462 posts) -

Rereading Neuromancer at the moment.

#171 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

I am currently reading Edge of Destiny. 

I know, I know, "video game literature durrrrrr"; but I like the setting so whatever.

#172 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -
@RipTheVeins said:
" The complete works of H.P. Lovecraft.  I wish more horror was about the psychological aspect rather than just blood splatters everywhere. Le sigh. "
Most horror is about the psychological aspect, if you're talking about literature.  

Movies are a mostly visual medium, so it shouldn't be surprising that the visuals are what supply the horror, otherwise...why not just read a book.
#173 Posted by lasborg (45 posts) -

I'm reading a couple of books at the moment.

Just finished Karl Pilkingtons: Happyslapped by a Jellyfish.
Reading now: Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond and Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes
Next in line is The Autobiography of Mark Twain (looking forward to se what the old geezer felt he couldn't say a hundred years ago.)

#174 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -
@extremeradical: Each their own. I didn't find any part of it enjoyable.
#175 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
" @extremeradical: Each their own. I didn't find any part of it enjoyable. "
Yup. I have a friend who shares the exact same opinion. Seems to be fairly divisive.
#176 Posted by guyver0 (153 posts) -

Count Zero by William Gibson then Deus Ex: The Icarus Effect

#177 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

I've been rereading Burgess' A Clockwork Orange recently. Such a great book.

#178 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

Spinoza's Ethics.

#179 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Mass Effect Ascension.

I ran out of books, gotta go to the library soon T_T

#180 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

The Dark Tower III: The Wastelands

#181 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

A Lions Tale

#182 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

About two weeks ago I finished reading 'The Brothers Karamazov' by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. Now reading 'Moll Flanders' by Daniel Defoe.     
#183 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (536 posts) -

Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson. Haven't read it in a couple days though, since Tactics Ogre still has its claws in me.
#184 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Might reread all the Song of Fire and Ice books next... 

Debating it.

#185 Posted by Aegon (5588 posts) -
@extremeradical: 

That's close to 10,000 pages. Why would you even bother...
#186 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
@H2Oyea: Because I love the hell out of those books. As a matter of fact, the first time I read them was on an iPod touch, so it was probably closer to a million pages. Damn near gave me carpal tunnel just turning them.
#187 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I'm on the last 50 pages of Freaky Deaky by Elmore Leonard and then I'm undertaking the mammoth known as Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. First book I've ever seen people get into a full blown argument over so I thought I'd try it; Thick as a fucking brick, 1000+ pages of single spaced 8pt serif font. This will take me a lifetime.

#188 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Earth: The Book, because I wish to know all the secrets that your planet holds.

#189 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" I'm on the last 50 pages of Freaky Deaky by Elmore Leonard and then I'm undertaking the mammoth known as Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. First book I've ever seen people get into a full blown argument over so I thought I'd try it; Thick as a fucking brick, 1000+ pages of single spaced 8pt serif font. This will take me a lifetime. "
Elmore Leonard is pretty awesome.
#190 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@extremeradical: Definitely. His books are so breezy and fun to read, it's just a shame that his writing style means that the endings can end up coming out of nowhere.
#191 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

Assassin's Creed: Renaissance.

#192 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -

I am reading the first book in the Otherland saga by Tad Williams (Book One: City of Golden Shadow). It is a great book, and if you are a fan of thought-provoking Sci-Fi/Fantasy books set in the future, then you should give this series a try. 

City of Golden Shadow
#193 Posted by MisterMouse (3553 posts) -

Currently reading through Toni Morrison's Paradise, and finished up White Teeth recently.

#194 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

just finished Old Man's War by john Scalzi, highly recommend it. 

started reading Gears of War Anvil Gate

#195 Posted by Aegon (5588 posts) -
@extremeradical said:
" @H2Oyea: Because I love the hell out of those books. As a matter of fact, the first time I read them was on an iPod touch, so it was probably closer to a million pages. Damn near gave me carpal tunnel just turning them. "
The thing is, I bought all the books a long time ago and only read the first one. Now I can read the rest, knowing that the series is actually going to continue. 
#196 Posted by Warchief (657 posts) -

for fun - Game of thrones  
for fun - Getting started with Arduino  
for work - Gray Hat Python

#197 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
@H2Oyea said:
" @extremeradical said:
" @H2Oyea: Because I love the hell out of those books. As a matter of fact, the first time I read them was on an iPod touch, so it was probably closer to a million pages. Damn near gave me carpal tunnel just turning them. "
The thing is, I bought all the books a long time ago and only read the first one. Now I can read the rest, knowing that the series is actually going to continue.  "
That is a relief, especially since the fourth one relies heavily on the existence on a fifth.
#198 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4485 posts) -

Fellowship of the Ring
Ghost in the Shell: Revenge of the Cold Machines (to anyone else who read this, tell me the story about the Tachikoma falling in love wasn't the shit)
How to Win Friends and Influence People

#199 Edited by NegativeCero (3001 posts) -

Secret Societies of the Middle Ages: The Assassins, the Templars, & the Secret Tribunals of Westphalia by Thomas Keightley because after finishing AC:Brotherhood I remembered one of the developers got the game idea from a book. Always meant to get to it.    

Also, the first Dark Tower book The Gunslinger by Stephen King

#200 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

I just finished up the third Mass Effect book. I really like the universe and fleshing it out only gets me more interested. I need to pick up the comic at some point. 

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to start The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami or read some Lovecraft short stories. I had a pretty good compilation ebook, but I found this the other day and it's tempting me.