• 56 results
Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Goly

Ok so yesterday was a really weird night. As a rule, we always try to have chicks in our group of friends who hang in town but yesterday wasn't the case. There was only one girl  and some of our friends (which they revealed themselves to be quite the assholes honestly) entered first with her and then the bouncer didn't let us in. We where 5 dudes outside waiting for our friends to get out of the night club. They didn't. Whatever we started talking (why did we even try, jesus) to the bouncer about why he wouldn't let us in, he told us the "you're all guys argument" and I told him dude, your night club is filled with boys, this isn't gonna change anything. One of his bouncer friends told us to get the fuck out in a really pissed way and I literally told him (in spanish though I kinda wanted him to understand me but not in such a direct way) something like "who the fuck this guy think he is" which he understood and pissed him off but thankfully didn't punch me or anything. Dumb move by my part but it was getting to be really frustrating and I wanted one of these fuckers to know what we feel about them. Not gonna change anything but whatever. 
Basically this pattern repeated itself (we didn't insult any more bouncers but none of them let us in because we were only guys and bla bla bla) until two of my friends finally managed to get into one of the clubs. We thought that was our chance and when my friend and I tried to get in they told us it was full and whatever. We explained to him that we were friends with the other two guys he just let in but he wouldn't listen. Tipical fascist bouncer stuff, we weren't really surprised I mean, so my friend who managed to get in went to the entrance to check out what was happening and as soon as he started talking to us the bouncer grabbed him by the neck and threw him out. For no reason, he didn't talk to him, he was talking to us, he didn't do anything insulting to the bouncer. 

So ok, this is really not that surprising, but this guys are the fucking kings of the night (at least they think they are) and it's not until one gets seriously hurt or killed that things start to change. This happened in Brussels and there's never been an incident,  but in Madrid it was pretty much the same way until one kid got killed because of a bouncer's little caprices two years ago.

Is it the same way in your country, or are these guys regulated somehow? I personally think they're necessary, but someone has to watch this guys because they're starting to become like Hitler's bastards or something. And there are many ways to be respected without being violent, in fact violence should be the last resort, and this guys use it as soon as they can. What do you think about this situation?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Honestly, man. The only thing I know about bouncers is what I see in depictions of them in television sitcoms or movies. Ha, sounds like they're pretty spot-on. Anyway, that sucks, man. Still, I think clubs are totally lame.

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Goly
@TheGreatGuero said:
" Honestly, man. The only thing I know about bouncers is what I see in depictions of them in television sitcoms or movies. Ha, sounds like they're pretty spot-on. Anyway, that sucks, man. Still, I think clubs are totally lame. "
I know clubs kinda suck, unless there's a really good DJ it's pretty much the same shit every night. If it were up to me I'd go to some unknown punk band's gig every friday and just mosh my ass off, but most of my friends aren't into that so you're forced to do this type of shit every night.
mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mrfizzy

From my experiences bouncers fall into one of two categories, total assholes who are on major power trips or really good guys who would have no probs hanging out with. 

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Goly
@mrfizzy said:
" From my experiences bouncers fall into one of two categories, total assholes who are on major power trips or really good guys who would have no probs hanging out with.  "
We started to talk to the cab driver who drove us home yesterday, and he heard us talk about what happened. He told us he used to be a bouncer and that you are basically not allowed to be nice if you're a bouncer. Bosses, owners night clubs want these guys to be assholes and really intimidating, and I can see that because these guys just try too hard to be dickheads.
Zafmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Zafmg

Never accept a cheque from a bouncer.

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By oatz

I've never had any problems with any bouncers. It helps not being small, just remaining cool I guess. I have seen a couple of guys really piss off a bouncer, however. I didn't stay to watch, though.

Zafmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zafmg

Do bouncers have a license to violence or something what's the deal

Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zimbo

Yeah, some bouncers can be total assholes however there are quite a few nice ones as well. One night a friend and I were trying to get into a club that a few of our friends had managed to get into a minute earlier and we were denied entry. Similar to OP, one of my friends came out to the entrance to check what was happening and he was grabbed by the bouncer and thrown out for apparently trying to help us get in without permission. I didn't realise talking to us and arranging alternate plans to meet up was worthy of being thrown out. 

Later that night we went to a different club and talked to a few of the bouncers there. They were really cool guys and we ended up having a ten minute conversation with them about all sorts of things before heading in to the club. So it all depends on the bouncer and how much of a power trip they are on really.

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Goly
@Zimbo said:
"

Yeah, some bouncers can be total assholes however there are quite a few nice ones as well. One night a friend and I were trying to get into a club that a few of our friends had managed to get into a minute earlier and we were denied entry. Similar to OP, one of my friends came out to the entrance to check what was happening and he was grabbed by the bouncer and thrown out for apparently trying to help us get in without permission. I didn't realise talking to us and arranging alternate plans to meet up was worthy of being thrown out. 

Later that night we went to a different club and talked to a few of the bouncers there. They were really cool guys and we ended up having a ten minute conversation with them about all sorts of things before heading in to the club. So it all depends on the bouncer and how much of a power trip they are on really.

"
I'm guessing there are nice bouncers, but they're starting to become the exception, like one in 20 bouncers are nice. And I have yet to meet a chill bouncer, in Brussels at least I think they're non existent.
Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

Bouncers love trainers, I've gotten into a few bars and clubs for free thanks to the trainers I've been wearing.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Bigandtasty

The lesson I have gleaned here is that the world would be much better with Elcor bouncers. Just like Omega.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CatsAkimbo

Here I thought this was a thread about Monday Night Combat 'cus the bouncers in that game are like big gorillas.... maybe I play too many vidja gamez

Zafmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zafmg
@CatsAkimbo said:
" Here I thought this was a thread about Monday Night Combat 'cus the bouncers in that game are like big gorillas.... maybe I play too many vidja gamez "
You can never play too many vidgams
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead

There are some bouncers at places I go to that are cool guys. One time, my friend just wanted to go in and get some tequila so I stayed outside and chatted to the bouncer and he was sound as fuck. But there are some other places and you see the guys and they're just meatheads out for the fights, it's terrible. One thing which always makes me laugh though is how they never, ever I.D. the girls. Every week 'Alright, girls. Wait! Any I.D. lads?'

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Goly
@HandsomeDead said:
" There are some bouncers at places I go to that are cool guys. One time, my friend just wanted to go in and get some tequila so I stayed outside and chatted to the bouncer and he was sound as fuck. But there are some other places and you see the guys and they're just meatheads out for the fights, it's terrible. One thing which always makes me laugh though is how they never, ever I.D. the girls. Every week 'Alright, girls. Wait! Any I.D. lads?' "
Apparently it's club policy to let as many girls enter as they can, and yet when I enter most places you could easily call them dickland.
jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By jimi

As somebody who is a close friend of an ex-bouncer, let me just say that it isn't always the bouncers being assholes. 9/10 times the management is encouraging the bouncers to only let people in if they are with girls. More girls = more business. 

So please don't just assume all bouncers are being like that for fun. If they aren't they can sometimes lose their job.

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Goly
@Jimi said:
" As somebody who is a close friend of an ex-bouncer, let me just say that it isn't always the bouncers being assholes. 9/10 times the management is encouraging the bouncers to only let people in if they are with girls. More girls = more business.  So please don't just assume all bouncers are being like that for fun. If they aren't they can sometimes lose their job. "
Yes I know, I mentioned it in the thread I think. Talking to this taxi driver who used to be a bouncer, he told us that club owners want these guys to be dicks and that's why I think in the end they're all probably not really bad persons, and that's why it comes as super awkward when they're acting as dickheads as soon as they can, it comes off as if they're trying too hard to be disliked.
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cstrang

I was a bouncer for two years and, honestly, if all the bouncers in your town had a problem with you, you were doing something stupid.  It's highly unlikely that all the bouncers by you have attitude problems.

3Sixty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 3Sixty

As a 'bouncer' I am offended. 

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By apathylad

"I'm a bouncer...I make a living putting my life on the line..."
raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By raidingkvatch
@Goly:  Bouncers hassle you cuz you're all dudes? I've never heard of that before, that totally sucks.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Ace829
@Bigandtasty said:
" The lesson I have gleaned here is that the world would be much better with Elcor bouncers. Just like Omega. "
Yes!
Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Goly
@cstrang said:
" I was a bouncer for two years and, honestly, if all the bouncers in your town had a problem with you, you were doing something stupid.  It's highly unlikely that all the bouncers by you have attitude problems. "
If you're not with a single girl you're possibilities are seriously limited.
Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Goly
@raidingkvatch said:

" @Goly:  Bouncers hassle you cuz you're all dudes? I've never heard of that before, that totally sucks. "

I'm guessing you're being ironic so yeah. I said it was not surprising but that things had to change a bit. I dunno it was kind of a rant, I also wanted to know what you guys thought about the subject and know a bit more about how it is in other places.
 edit: might I ask where your avatar is from? I really like the style.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Coombs
@Goly said:
" @mrfizzy said:
" From my experiences bouncers fall into one of two categories, total assholes who are on major power trips or really good guys who would have no probs hanging out with.  "
We started to talk to the cab driver who drove us home yesterday, and he heard us talk about what happened. He told us he used to be a bouncer and that you are basically not allowed to be nice if you're a bouncer. Bosses, owners night clubs want these guys to be assholes and really intimidating, and I can see that because these guys just try too hard to be dickheads. "
Your job is to tell people to stay the fuck out, 
Your one guy surrounded by dozens of other (usually drunken) people, 
If your not intimidating, They are eventually going to rush the door. 
Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Goly
@Coombs said:
" @Goly said:
" @mrfizzy said:
We started to talk to the cab driver who drove us home yesterday, and he heard us talk about what happened. He told us he used to be a bouncer and that you are basically not allowed to be nice if you're a bouncer. Bosses, owners night clubs want these guys to be assholes and really intimidating, and I can see that because these guys just try too hard to be dickheads. "
Your job is to tell people to stay the fuck out, Your one guy surrounded by dozens of other (usually drunken) people, If your not intimidating, They are eventually going to rush the door.  "
There's a fine line between intimidating and power freak. Plus we weren't doing shit and there was like 5 people on the line. Where it happened was an Irish pub which's got a dancefloor and the entrance is free. Nothing super elitist really, this guy was just being a dumbass.
unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By unchained

I was a bouncer before I became a cop. It was a fucking great job. It made it real easy to get girls and everyone who knows your a bouncer at a club kisses your ass. But it was a shady job, honestly. I was the only guy at my club that didn't take bribes, and the only guy who just wanted to help people have a good time instead of looking for a scrap.  

That one bouncer probably attacked your buddy because you said something insulting to the other bouncer. It wouldn't have bothered me and I would have let you in....just a bunch of guys looking to party it up, but yea..the douchebag ratio in the bouncing profession is pretty high. Still, it was a great time. I met my wife while I was a bouncer. On a related note, I quit not long after.  

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By ch13696

Bouncers have to show that they are the dominant ones. The way the club owners look at it is that if the bouncers let anyone in then they lose business. Chics will just take off because they let all the messed up ugly guys in. If chics leave then guys end up leaving. It's not about what DJ is playing at the club anymore. It's about what chics are there that would easily sleep with guys.

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Goly
@Unchained said:
" I was a bouncer before I became a cop. It was a fucking great job. It made it real easy to get girls and everyone who knows your a bouncer at a club kisses your ass. But it was a shady job, honestly. I was the only guy at my club that didn't take bribes, and the only guy who just wanted to help people have a good time instead of looking for a scrap.   That one bouncer probably attacked your buddy because you said something insulting to the other bouncer. It wouldn't have bothered me and I would have let you in....just a bunch of guys looking to party it up, but yea..the douchebag ratio in the bouncing profession is pretty high. Still, it was a great time. I met my wife while I was a bouncer. On a related note, I quit not long after.   "
I assure you we were like "ok here it goes again another denied entrance", we said absolutely nothing to the bouncer, we assumed it was going to happen and were ready to go back home. I dunno man, you surely seem like a nice guy and I'm sure there are many others like you in the profession. But how does it work I mean, on your first day they give you a set of rules or they tell you what attitude you should have? I'd really like to know.
Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Goly
@3Sixty said:
" As a 'bouncer' I am offended.  "
Yes, well, I wasn't talking about you personally.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33  Edited By KaosAngel

...if you work for the FBI is it true that if you flash your badge at a bouncer they'd be scared shit-less?  I remember doing that in Heavy Rain and it was hilarious.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By raidingkvatch
@Goly: No I really wasn't being ironic, I'm from a pretty small city in the North of England and the only reason I've ever been refused entry is because of someone underage in our group getting IDed. Most of the bouncers I've met are pretty decent are usually pretty apologetic if the clubs full, or anything like that, but I have met one or two twats, usually at the more mainstream cluns, since I normally go to rock clubs.
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hot_Karl

I don't go to clubs all that often...wait, that's a lie, strip clubs do count. Most of the bouncers I've dealt with (here and when I was in England) seemed alright. It would only be if someone was doing something extremely stupid that would rile them up. 

Extremely off-topic but this thread reminded me and @CatsAkimbo response reminded me, is Monday Night Combat worth buying? Does anyone still play that game anymore?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Goly: I know. The amount of times I've been out and it's just been dudes with a handful of girls is too much. It says a lot that plenty of clubs hold nights with free entry for girls while the fellas still have to pay.
unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By unchained
@Goly said:
I assure you we were like "ok here it goes again another denied entrance", we said absolutely nothing to the bouncer, we assumed it was going to happen and were ready to go back home. I dunno man, you surely seem like a nice guy and I'm sure there are many others like you in the profession. But how does it work I mean, on your first day they give you a set of rules or they tell you what attitude you should have? I'd really like to know. "
Well, I was hired because I'm pretty muscular and I have a mean look. That said, I do my best to be as nice to people as I can and that went a long way with the boss at the time because he knew I wouldn't be a lawsuit waiting to happen (bouncers beat the shit out of someone = bouncers get charged and nightclub gets sued). The night club I worked at was super busy, and when management changed they wanted us to turn away anyone who didn't look "cool enough" to keep a feeling of exclusivity to the club and thus make people want to go to it. It was stupid I let in anyone of age despite that. The new boss didn't like that I was too nice, but was also kind of scared of me (I never really understood why) so didn't make too big of a fuss. I know a lot of the more asshole-ish bouncers were hired solely for the reason that they were banging a bartender or shooter waitress or were known by the manager. They, of course, loved turning people away at the door for no real reason. People in line actually cheered when I started my shift at the door, haha.    
Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Goly
@Unchained said:
" @Goly said:
I assure you we were like "ok here it goes again another denied entrance", we said absolutely nothing to the bouncer, we assumed it was going to happen and were ready to go back home. I dunno man, you surely seem like a nice guy and I'm sure there are many others like you in the profession. But how does it work I mean, on your first day they give you a set of rules or they tell you what attitude you should have? I'd really like to know. "
 People in line actually cheered when I started my shift at the door, haha.     "
That's so awesome hahaha Yeah we definitely need more guys like you in this, because it's obvious clubs need these guys, and you clearly show that there IS a way of keeping people you don't want people to enter the club (either because they're too drunk or are just looking for trouble) without being a dumbass.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Who bounces the bouncers?  Anyways, I have no input... never been to a club with bouncers.  Hell, never been to a club.  I live in a town with a population of ~3000.  We have no club.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FunExplosions
@cstrang said:
" I was a bouncer for two years and, honestly, if all the bouncers in your town had a problem with you, you were doing something stupid.  It's highly unlikely that all the bouncers by you have attitude problems. "
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 

Most confusing thing I've heard all night. Maybe in your eyes, dude, but a lot of bouncers just love pushing kids around. A kid in my town was beaten brain-dead by a bouncer. All the bouncers I knew were either dumb as bricks or were just straight-up violent. Well, there's one exception. One really good, nice kid was a bouncer... just for a couple months, while he was looking for work. He was the rare exception, though. 

@Goly: I think it's about time we found alternatives to these guys. It's a dated system. All we need is a line, a computer council, an electronic ID-reader, and a turnstile (those things you walk through at subways).
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BraveToaster

Bring guns next time and fill those Bouncers with bullets, then moonwalk over their dead bodies. Problem solved.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By Hamst3r

Use a taser. Get in to clubs immediately.
mm665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mm665
Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Goly
@mm665 said:
" Next time bring pencil "
It's not like I really liked the Subways, but that may have turned me into an immediate fan.
Avatar image for oppressivestink
OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By OppressiveStink

Why go to clubs at all?  Why subject yourself to that kinda degradation?  You wanna party?  Party at home with yer boys.  You wanna meet some women?  Join a club or some kinda activity.

What I've learned from life is, anyone you meet in a bar isn't someone you want to let into your house.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Crash_Happy

Bouncers are tend to be power-drunk egomaniacs with sub-par IQ's. There's your answer.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JoRoNimo
@Goly: It's the whole guy/girl ratio thing. You gotta get more girls into your party, or show up mad early, or hope the club's popularity has died down to the point that they let anyone in (which, if it gets to THAT point, I'm not sure if I really want to go there.) 

And yeah, bouncers suck. But it's their job, so I live with it.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pinworm45

So, this guys job is to keep the quality of the club high and the women ratio high to earn business. 

You weren't of high enough quality to be permitted, and you didn't have women. You were useless. You were anti-business. The bouncer rejects you, and somehow this is unfair and he's on a power trip? 

Sure.. in the same way every judge has ever been on a power trip whenever they gave out a sentence. 

Get over it, you weren't good enough. 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#49  Edited By Jeust

That's why I avoid night clubs.  

In Portugal they: 

1. are a bitch to get in without lady friends
  2. expensive (which becomes higher or lower according to the area)
  3. not very eventful, if you go only with your boys
  4. arrogantly planned and handled, without even areas to sit (not all of them but still), especially the most popular ones

Still I am nice to the bouncers, and get by easily, still not my kind of thing. 
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Put yourself in charge of a bunch of drunken idiots and see how you feel after awhile.

I was a bouncer at a bar/club for a few years, and even though I was a pretty easy going guy, the people that you are dealing with can really make you start to hate society. Usually it's the guys that act like fuckwads so they usually deserved being treated like shit. Never got on the power train, but man sometimes you seriously want to punch out some of these people. I would like to mention that these were only rare occasions when your typical sideways hat wearing douchebag showed up. 

Most patrons were really cool and would even buy me drinks. Hell I was even propositioned to join in on a three way with this older dude and his much younger wife because she thought I was cute. I had no problems turning that down even though the wife was a total babe.

Those were some really fun times in my life, but I can say that my views have been slightly soured just by dealing with those less than desirable folks.