Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Legion_

What up duders and dudettes.

Man do I get annoyed sometimes when I come to Giant Bomb, and today is one such time. There's a fantastic quick look up for Starcraft, and they're playing it on Professional Wednesdays (or whatever that ends up being called), and basically it all seems fine and dandy.

Then along come what I like to call the motherfuckers. The people who complain about every single word and every single action that Brad takes. I mean come on, grow up. Brad is a good Starcraft player, he's earned the right to talk some smack. He was diamond at some point. No matter what elitist pricks say, that's pretty good.

I read all kinds of comments on the QL complaining how bad he is at Starcraft. To you (the motherfuckers), I'd like to see anyone of you armchair pro's playing Starcraft while being on camera, talking about Starcraft, and learning two Starcraft illiterates (Ryan and Vinny) about the game. And I'd like to see you do that while also being a fucking awesome guy.

How can anyone possibly care if someone doesn't notice a checkpoint or does something stupid while playing? How can anyone get annoyed by that? Right?

Well, someone obviously gets upset for some crazy reason. When I think of you guys, I just think of Jeff's comment on his Halo Reach review.

"Is it wrong when I think of those guys, I think of a young Fred Durst wearing a Xbox Live headset?"

Seriously, if it bothers you that much, then maybe reconsider what the hell your life is about. And if it still bothers you, then why do you even come to Giant Bomb? The crew give a collective fuck you to people like you guys. And I'll join them in that, and I hope others will to.

Thank you internet, and thank you Giant Bomb, for making this vent possible. And to all you who feel targeted by anything I've said, I would just like to say...

Fuck you.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'm not one to bitch about it in the comments but I do find it a bit crazy making when they miss some stuff. Since you brought it up though, I'll talk about it here. I don't think it's simply a matter of being under the gun as it were though, as often while discussing time they had with the game at home, they will seem to be completely oblivious to key plot points. When prompted by Vinny, Brad seemed to have no recollection that the Protoss he was fighting during the HotS Quicklook had initiated the fight with Kerrigan. That was something he would have learned playing the game that morning, before he went in to the office, and was the focal point of an entire mission.

But I really didn't like Brad's attitude during his 1v1 multiplayer match. I realize he was playing far below his level and could have easily stomped that guy were he focused. But for a majority of that game he was bitching about his opponent not leaving the game despite the fact that he was on the losing end of most of their early exchanges. It was as if he expected his opponent to know his Trueskill and bow out based on that, not the extremely horrible play he was exhibiting. He talked as if his victory was assured, but for the entire game he was at a serious risk of losing.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

The people who complain should just turn off the videos. Problem solved.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not one to bitch about it in the comments but I do find it a bit crazy making when they miss some stuff. Since you brought it up though, I'll talk about it here. I don't think it's simply a matter of being under the gun as it were though, as often while discussing time they had with the game at home, they will seem to be completely oblivious to key plot points. When prompted by Vinny, Brad seemed to have no recollection that the Protoss he was fighting during the HotS Quicklook had initiated the fight with Kerrigan. That was something he would have learned playing the game that morning, before he went in to the office, and was the focal point of an entire mission.

But I really didn't like Brad's attitude during his 1v1 multiplayer match. I realize he was playing far below his level and could have easily stomped that guy were he focused. But for a majority of that game he was bitching about his opponent not leaving the game despite the fact that he was on the losing end of most of their early exchanges. It was as if he expected his opponent to know his Trueskill and bow out based on that, not the extremely horrible play he was exhibiting. He talked as if his victory was assured, but for the entire game he was at a serious risk of losing.

I'd say he had pretty much control. His opponent was basically just a chicken. After Brad destroyed his bases, the game was lost. He didn't to any resource gahtering, still he kept going with what little he had. When you see a game going that way, just bow the fuck out. In the end, you're just postponing the inevitable, and wasting everyones time.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_ said:

@starvinggamer said:

I'd say he had pretty much control. His opponent was basically just a chicken. After Brad destroyed his bases, the game was lost. He didn't to any resource gahtering, still he kept going with what little he had. When you see a game going that way, just bow the fuck out. In the end, you're just postponing the inevitable, and wasting everyones time.

Yeah at the very end Brad had him clearly beat. I'm not talking about that (although I don't think there was anything wrong with his opponent hanging around in the game for an extra minute. Sometimes you just need to process your loss. It happens in pro level games all the time and no one bitches about it there). I'm talking about the entire 48-minute game or however long it was where Brad was getting the worst of almost every exchange and still acting as if he clearly had the upper hand and the opponent should just give up. If his opponent was just a tiny bit better, Brad could easily have lost that game. The only thing that kept Brad alive was his stronger economy. He was actively throwing away money by suiciding his units over and over again.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brad is pretty radical but i dont think he really needs a defense force quite yet.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Brad may not be the best gamer in the world, but god damn if he doesn't play Starcraft incredibly well. And that's a huge feat. That game is fucking tough. And you're totally right about him making it enjoyable and informative. I've had way more fun watching him and Norm duke it out than actually playing that game myself. I can't wait for this week's TNT, they really should play SC more or Brad should start livestreaming some games or something.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Milkman

I'm not sure if Brad needs a defense force but yeah, the INCESSANT bitching during that StarCraft quick look was pretty unbearable. Yeah, it's not pro level play but anyone expecting that is on the wrong website.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Complaining about complaining. Makes sense.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@milkman said:

I'm not sure if Brad needs a defense force but yeah, the INCESSANT bitching during that StarCraft quick look was pretty unbearable. Yeah, it's not pro level play but anyone expecting that is on the wrong website.

It just amazes me that people bitch about content they voluntarily consume. It reminds me of a baby hitting himself in the head and then complaining to his parents about it.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

@jasonr86 said:

@milkman said:

It just amazes me that people bitch about content they voluntarily consume. It reminds me of a baby hitting himself in the head and then complaining to his parents about it.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By themangalist

I love me some Brad. People need to grow up and stop complaining about Alex, Patrick, or any of the Gamespot crew. But this is the internet so..

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll join this force of yours. What are we to do? Do we get to beat anybody up?

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about all this StarCraft business, but I do appreciate Brad as a member of the crew because I find him to be the most relatable for me personally. Similar crossovers of interests and stuff. He adds a certain unique sort of perspective to the crew that often differs quite a bit from the rest of the guys, and I like that.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arabes

@legion_: Not everyone plays those games to be master of the universe or to cram in as many games as possible. If the dude didn't want to quit then that's his decision. So what if he was going to lose, I bet he got some enjoyment out of buggin his opponent without resorting to the usual racial slurs or hissy fits :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5abeb9715d7a2
deactivated-5abeb9715d7a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I suppose there was that moment in the video where Brad was looking around for a minute, wondering where to go, while there was a bright large green indicator on the map. I can understand people getting exasperated by that, seeing as it was quite obvious, but they do honestly nitpick every little perceived error that he makes, and that really is quite rude.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@jasonr86 said:

@milkman said:

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dungbootle

We are all only human

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Haters gonna hate, not much you can do about it. Some people hate Brad, some people hate Patrick, some people hate Vinny... wait no. No one hates Vinny.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's stupid. If we're going to hate on anybody, it should be Patrick. Fuck that guy.

JOKEZ

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

How could anyone hate this hunkadunk?

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#TeamBrad

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Anyone who isn't on #TeamBrad just needs to go away and rethink their lives.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Well, he probably was a little stressed out because he didn't feel the game was any fun to watch, and that's understandable, considering Ryan's expression at times has the ability to kill. But still, I think he had pretty much control, and that guy should have tapped out long before he did.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose there was that moment in the video where Brad was looking around for a minute, wondering where to go, while there was a bright large green indicator on the map. I can understand people getting exasperated by that, seeing as it was quite obvious, but they do honestly nitpick every little perceived error that he makes, and that really is quite rude.

By reading the comments section I got the impression that he used half the QL just standing around, but it was literally just a minute. How can anyone complain about that? It's so fucking silly.

Brad has actually orchestrated my favorite internet moment through the ages. I am of course talking about that fantastic moment at the end of the Big Live Live Show Live. The stars aligned, and everything felt right in this world. For a short while after Brad shot that dude in the face, there was peace.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#teambrad

never forget

Loading Video...

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging by the comments I was expecting something worse but the checkpoint slip up was not worth getting worked up about. The lack of observers with those widow mines on the other hand...

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By wrighteous86

Well, they are better at video games so they deserve to have Brad's job and he doesn't. Obviously.

#teambrad

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By toowalrus

Brad's pretty great...

Wait, why does Brad need a defense force? What'd I miss?

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno sometimes Brad says stuff I really disagree with like a lot of his complaints in the RE6 QL applying to RE5 as well and I get kind of annoyed when the forum turns into a giant hugbox. IMO it's just annoying when people feel the need to defend someone over the internet as it is when people feel the need to insult someone, I think both sides should just stop making dumb threads and shitting up the comments section on videos.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Subjugation

Playing Starcraft while trying to be a part of a stream and deliver commentary is pretty hard. I miss so many last hits playing Dota 2 when I'm talking to my roommate and SC2 has way more micro and macro (in my opinion) than Dota. I'll just say that I don't think I could do any better than Brad, especially while streaming.

I'll admit that I did get pretty frustrated when he let the widow mines harass him for far longer than he should have. Other than that, whatevs man!

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rollingzeppelin

I think it's stupid to be upset by this, people are gonna be frustrated when the solution to the problem is obvious and the player keeps overlooking it. It's not like anyone was calling for Brad's job, you guys need to chill out.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ramone

@jasonr86 said:

@milkman said:

That is a motherfucking apt comparison.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By BBAlpert

The following also applies to Patrick and since the start of the new Wednesday show, some of the Gamespot guys.

When I first started coming to GB, I didn't really like Brad. The problem was I didn't have any significant reason not to. Just a gut feeling. But over time, I've gotten over that and come around to the opinion of "you know what? That guy's alright." That being said, the only TRUE #TeamBrad in my heart is #TheMuirCats

:D 4 lyfe

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Max_Cherry

Yeah! Fuck Brad Davis!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By fattony12000

BDF! BDF! BDF!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ravenlight

Language time!

"Duder" is gender-neutral. "Dudette" doesn't really make sense from a linguistic perspective anyway. "Dudess" would be more accurate.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you fucking care about people you don't know complaining about a person you don't know?

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_:

Yeh these fucking guys who just analyse and complain about every little thing!

Oh by the way he was teaching Vinny and Ryan about starcraft, not learning teaching. You are welcome.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Legion_

@bocam said:

Why do you fucking care about people you don't know complaining about a person you don't know?

Because they're dicks, and someone should call them on it. I'm on a mission to civilize.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bocam

@legion_ said:

@bocam said:

Because they're dicks, and someone should call them on it. I'm on a mission to civilize.

While I agree with you that users in the comments can be dicks. Brad was pretty dickish to the guy he was playing (in a unranked game). So it was just Dicks being dicks to a dick. It was a Dick Festival.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rebgav

I like watching Brad play games (poorly or not.) I find it funny that he's so oblivious to in-game cues and that he finds it so difficult to admit a mistake or fault on his own part. I am aware that some portion of that behavior is deliberate, intended to troll the audience. That makes it more enjoyable for me to see Brad being trolled, or blowing up about being trolled (be it from the audience or the other staff members) as Brad is part of that feedback loop himself. It's an integral part of watching Brad play at this point.

I don't really understand the people who get upset about it after the fact, nor the people who take the trolling seriously, nor the serious backseat gamers who think that their opinions matter or that their "advice" is wanted or necessary - and that pretty much goes for any game stream here or anywhere else at any time.

Tenebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing any of them fumble is more entertaining. What else are we expecting by now :x

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait people were complaining about the starcraft 2 QL even after its been said to dont expect professional play?

good lord, theres a fine line between legit criticism and pointless criticism, and this easily falls on the latter

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

i dropped an m&m and it seems to have fallen into a wormhole behind my desk, because i can't fucking see it anywhere.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#48  Edited By Mezmero

Foiled again! Curse you Brad Defense Force! You may have won today but we will be back to destroy Shoemaker once and for all. Retreat!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_ said:

@starvinggamer: Well, he probably was a little stressed out because he didn't feel the game was any fun to watch, and that's understandable, considering Ryan's expression at times has the ability to kill. But still, I think he had pretty much control, and that guy should have tapped out long before he did.

I wouldn't classify constantly being at risk of losing as "ha[ving] pretty much control". If anything, for 3/4 of the match Brad should have been the one to tap out based on how things were going.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_ said:

I wouldn't classify constantly being at risk of losing as "ha[ving] pretty much control". If anything, for 3/4 of the match Brad should have been the one to tap out based on how things were going.

I hear you say that, but I disagree. Brad had control.