• 77 results
#1 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

So I finally got round to watching Breaking Bad a month ago, now I am completely caught up and I want more! I am too confident this is my new favourite TV show. Each series it has gotten better, and Walter's character development is unlike anything on TV before.

The season finale was amazing, the tension and the execution of Walts plan is nothing short of a master piece and the last shot of the episode is a amazing WTF moment, I even went back a couple of episodes were he spins the gun and it points to that flower, how can they top it? The next season has to be the final series, will Jesse find out about what Walt did? Can you ever see the DEA finding out about Walt? Will he keep cooking? And on a more side note, I caught some old reruns of Malcolm in the Middle last night and all I could think about was he had a meth lab hidden in his house somewhere.

#2 Edited by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

Yep. It's pretty great. After all the shit Hanks been through, I want him to finally get his  Heisenberg. That'show I want this series to end, I love Walt, but he'll probably get too cocky and get himself killed. Also, it's pretty clear he's going to keep cooking. 

#3 Posted by csl316 (8185 posts) -

A serious Jesse vs. Walt story will probably happen at some point. Bu I gotta say, I'll miss Gus. At least he got a cool send off (the walk towards the hospital in his power suit).

4 had a great back half, but I hope next season has a bit more interesting stuff happen early on.

#4 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@TooWalrus: Oh Sweet! Did they ever explain what happened with Mike, cause he could be the connection they need to get started up again.

#5 Edited by Liquidus (946 posts) -

I think in Season 5, Hank and definitely gonna find out about Walt and shit is gonna get real. I mean, think about it, the place that Hank suspected to be a meth lab was destroyed and one of his suspects, Gus, was killed in a suicide bomb with a Mexican cartel guy. That's gonna raise some serious questions for him in Season 5.

#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -
@Bourbon_Warrior: He's alive, as far as we know, I think he was stuck in the Mexican hospital last we saw of him.
#7 Posted by SSully (4130 posts) -

I can't wait, but I am still pissed about how they are dealing with the last season. If they split it like waking dead, where there is only a few months between the halves, then it would be fine. But leaving a year long break between is just stupid. They should just make two full seasons if that is going to be the case.

#8 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

I cannot effing wait for season 5. I am SO PUMPED right now. That said, I'm going to watch it in one go, in a year and a bit. Watch the entire final sixteen episodes in a row, and attempt to avoid the entire internet until then.

#9 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -
@SSully: They're straight-up calling it two seasons now, season 5 & 6. They're still only 8 episodes each, though. Which is fine, after all, season 1 was only 7 episodes.
#10 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Fuck I cannot wait for season 5.

#11 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

"we won"

So pumped for season 5

#12 Posted by AuthenticM (3700 posts) -

Considering how conservative the show is, there is just no way in hell that a Happy Ending is in store for Walter. He'll either go to jail or die. I'll say, however, that him poisoning the kid is completely off-character, even for him. It makes no sense and there's absolutely nothing in the series suggesting that he's gone crazy enough to harm a child to advance his goals. I really fucking hope that last shot of the plant is just a red herring.

#13 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Liquidus said:

I think in Season 5, Hank and definitely gonna find out about Walt and shit is gonna get real. I mean, think about it, the place that Hank suspected to be a meth lab was destroyed and one of his suspects, Gus, was killed in a suicide bomb with a Mexican cartel guy. That's gonna raise some serious questions for him in Season 5.

But none of that points to Walt, Hank even took Walt out to bug cars he wouldnt have a clue. Unless Skyla lets something slip which I can see happening.

EDIT: But also Walt visited the old cartel dude twice days leading up to the blast, he must be on surveilence footage.

#14 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Liquidus said:

But none of that points to Walt, Hank even took Walt out to bug cars he wouldnt have a clue. Unless Skyla lets something slip which I can see happening.

No, but it raises suspicion and maybe there's some evidence that can link Walt to Gus. Also, if Walt keeps cooking meth, which it seems like he will, then the DEA are gonna be on Heisenberg's ass even more. I mean, when he was drunk he told Hank that Heisenberg probably isn't Gale and that he's still out there.

#15 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: What about all the secuirty footage of Walt & Jessie cooking stored at Los Pollos Hermonas that Gus obiviously never thought to delete because how the hell was he supposed to know he was going to die?

#16 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

I can't wait until Hank finds out about Walt. I was waiting all of Season 4 for that to happen.

#17 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@SamStrife said:

@Bourbon_Warrior: What about all the secuirty footage of Walt & Jessie cooking stored at Los Pollos Hermonas that Gus obiviously never thought to delete because how the hell was he supposed to know he was going to die?

Oh shit!@DonutFever said:

I can't wait until Hank finds out about Walt. I was waiting all of Season 4 for that to happen.

Yeah I can see this show coming down to Hank vs Walt scene, I've been rooting for Hank the whole series, easily my favourite character in that show and I fucking hate meth, will Walt go to prison or will he continue down the downward spiral and shoot Hank. Or will Hank hear the sirens coming and give Walt his keys and say " I owe you a 10 second car".

#18 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

@AuthenticM said:

Considering how conservative the show is, there is just no way in hell that a Happy Ending is in store for Walter. He'll either go to jail or die. I'll say, however, that him poisoning the kid is completely off-character, even for him. It makes no sense and there's absolutely nothing in the series suggesting that he's gone crazy enough to harm a child to advance his goals. I really fucking hope that last shot of the plant is just a red herring.

It's not out of character if you think about. It's a bit more extreme than what he's done in the past. He let Jesse's girlfriend die, he ordered Jesse to kill Gale(which traumatized Jesse for most of Season 4), he got that old lady to go check out his house to much there wasn't anyone there to kill him and he got that old cartel guy to kill himself to kill Gus. As the series goes on Walt just becomes more and more of an apathetic criminal. By the end of this show, he is going to be the villain.

#19 Posted by Grimace (376 posts) -

With Gus dead, there goes Walt's distribution - so why would he continue to cook if they're back to square one with no way to sell?

#20 Posted by mikeeegeee (1552 posts) -

Walt's cancer is going to catch up with him. Multiple episodes will take place within a court room. Walt will get caught but not live through his cancer to serve his time.

#21 Posted by Doctorchimp (4071 posts) -

@AuthenticM said:

He didn't actually kill the child, he never meant to. He knew the kid would get super sick and that's it.

It was that or have him and his entire family killed, he needed to leverage Jesse his way.

#22 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -
@Doctorchimp said:

@AuthenticM said:

He didn't actually kill the child, he never meant to. He knew the kid would get super sick and that's it.

It was that or have him and his entire family killed, he needed to leverage Jesse his way.

Yeah, Jessie was working FOR Gus, wasn't he? Walt needed his help to kill Gus, desperately. Gus has a history of exploiting children & killing them... poisoning the kid and framing Gus is extremely clever, and worked perfectly. It makes perfect sense.
#23 Posted by ch3burashka (5017 posts) -

@TooWalrus: It's 'Heisenberg'.

@mikeeegeee said:

Walt's cancer is going to catch up with him. Multiple episodes will take place within a court room. Walt will get caught but not live through his cancer to serve his time.

I was under the assumption that the whole 'cancer' thing was over and done with. It served its purpose, namely to get Walt up shit creek without a paddle, but I don't recall a single episode since season 2 (maybe some early season 3) referencing the cancer as an issue. If anything, the cancer would be an easy out. There's only one real solution: a battle royale between Jessie and Walt, with Hank picking up the pieces when they're done.

#24 Posted by Chaser324 (6345 posts) -

Am I the only one that kinda wishes season four had been the last season? There are few shows that have made an exit as well as the season four finale would've closed out Breaking Bad.

#25 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -
@CH3BURASHKA: Well excuse me for not spell-checking my early 20th century physicists. Who cares.
#26 Posted by stryker1121 (1359 posts) -

@SSully said:

I can't wait, but I am still pissed about how they are dealing with the last season. If they split it like waking dead, where there is only a few months between the halves, then it would be fine. But leaving a year long break between is just stupid. They should just make two full seasons if that is going to be the case.

Pretty much agree with this completely. Having 8 eps ending w/ some cliffhanger this summer, then a whole year til the next season, is a bit of a buzzkill.

#27 Posted by stryker1121 (1359 posts) -

The show has a way of twisting expectations, so I don't think a Walt/Jesse final showdown is how they'll go. I mentioned this in another BB thread, but I'm betting on Hank getting the goods on Walt, leading to Hank's death. Either Walt will kill Hank or allow Hank to be killed. The showrunners talk about Walt's arc as comparable to Tony Montana, and we all know what happened to Montana's best friend, Manny.

Sky and Walt Jr., will leave for good, and the cancer will come back after this lowest of lows for Walt, leading to his attempts at redemption before his death. That redemption will come in the form of saving Jesse, using Saul's "disappearer" guy that was mentioned last yr. Last scene will be Walt on his deathbed, maybe in a prison infirmary. He's all alone after all the horrors he's caused. The End.

#28 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

@CH3BURASHKA: In Season 4 his cough gradually starts acting up again, and he also went to check if he was still in remission. When his family asked him he just simply replied that he's still in remission. I personally think the cancer is already back, and it's only a matter of time before it fucks him over.

#29 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Liquidus said:

@AuthenticM said:

It's not out of character if you think about. It's a bit more extreme than what he's done in the past. He let Jesse's girlfriend die, he ordered Jesse to kill Gale(which traumatized Jesse for most of Season 4), he got that old lady to go check out his house to much there wasn't anyone there to kill him and he got that old cartel guy to kill himself to kill Gus. As the series goes on Walt just becomes more and more of an apathetic criminal. By the end of this show, he is going to be the villain.

This! Walts an arsehole! At first it was borderline OK what he was doing as he just wanted to leave money for his family, but now he just seems to do it for the fun of it.

#30 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Chaser324 said:

Am I the only one that kinda wishes season four had been the last season? There are few shows that have made an exit as well as the season four finale would've closed out Breaking Bad.

No there is still alot of the story to tell. 1 or 2 more seasons. Walt's still hasn't had any real consequences yet.

#31 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -
@Liquidus said:

@AuthenticM said:

Also all the people hes killed. This is really the first time I've ever heard anyone say that was out of character.
#32 Posted by AuthenticM (3700 posts) -

@blueduck: So far, all of the people he's killed were murderers, with the sole exception of Gale. Even his death can be justified (somewhat) by the urgency of the situation Walter and Jesse were in. At no point in the entire show, is there anything suggesting that Walter White has sunk low enough to take the life of an innocent child. I am very surprised to see that I'm alone in thinking this.

#33 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:

@blueduck: So far, all of the people he's killed were murderers, with the sole exception of Gale. Even his death can be justified (somewhat) by the urgency of the situation Walter and Jesse were in. At no point in the entire show, is there anything suggesting that Walter White has sunk low enough to take the life of an innocent child. I am very surprised to see that I'm alone in thinking this.

Gale was killed because if he stayed alive Walter would have been killed. This is the same situation that has Walter poison the child. He has to do it or he's going to die.
#34 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

@AuthenticM said:

He didn't kill the kid. He just poisoned him, he knew the plant or whatever it was wasn't gonna kill him just make him sick enough to allow him to manipulate Jesse. There was a bit of a risk with the kid's life but he had no intentions of the kid dying.

#35 Posted by AuthenticM (3700 posts) -

@blueduck said:

@AuthenticM said:

Gale was killed because if he stayed alive Walter would have been killed. This is the same situation that has Walter poison the child. He has to do it or he's going to die.

Except Gale was a grown adult, which changes everything.

@Liquidus said:

@AuthenticM said:

He didn't kill the kid. He just poisoned him, he knew the plant or whatever it was wasn't gonna kill him just make him sick enough to allow him to manipulate Jesse. There was a bit of a risk with the kid's life but he had no intentions of the kid dying.

How do we know if Walter knew for certain that the kid would not die? I don't remember, but is there anyone at some point who says that there was zero chance for the kid to die? Because if not, we have to assume that Walter was ready to take the risk in killing a child to save himself and his family.

#36 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

@AuthenticM:We don't. That's what makes Walt's character more and more sinister as the series goes on. And there's a difference to me between risking a kid's life and intentionally killing him. Walt would have probably have seen it as collateral damage to save his own life and his family.

#37 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:

@blueduck said:

@AuthenticM said:

Except Gale was a grown adult, which changes everything.

@Liquidus said:

@AuthenticM said:

How do we know if Walter knew for certain that the kid would not die? I don't remember, but is there anyone at some point who says that there was zero chance for the kid to die? Because if not, we have to assume that Walter was ready to take the risk in killing a child to save himself and his family.

The whole point of him being a child is that Walter knew how Jesse would react. I don't know how you view Walter White but he is more evil, ruthless and cunning than he was in the start, that's the point of the show. He is going to do whatever it takes to win....or save himself and his family. If you think this is the worst thing Walter can do I suggest you stop watching the show now because he's going to be top dog in season 5 and that can only mean more killing.
#38 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@blueduck: I just hope season 5 open with what Walter did that day, 1st time in the show they had Walter doing stuff and not showing the viewer.

#39 Posted by MHumphreys89 (712 posts) -

I think we can all surmise that Mike is likely to return.

#40 Posted by Baillie (4040 posts) -

If his cancer isn't back, then there seems to be no need for him to continually cook. He was doing it to get money for when the cancer kills him. Defeats the point now.

#41 Edited by MHumphreys89 (712 posts) -

@Baillie: He's started to enjoy 'cooking', I seriously doubt he would stop, although, Skylar might try and convince him otherwise. With Gus out of the picture they'll be a shortage of product too.

#42 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

I'm sure that whatever they do, it won't be what people are expecting. This show has defied convention pretty much from the start, but quite so since season 2. The only probable lock for a plot development imo is that Hank and Walt will come to a head in some way, but who knows how that will play out. Another thing I'd say is that the show has made Walt darker and darker with each season, bordering at times on madness. It would be a real cheat if they try to pull their punches and soften him up at the end, so I'd say it's pretty likely that the Hank/Walt confrontation will likely end in a not so good way.

#43 Posted by BoOzak (883 posts) -

@stryker1121 said:

@SSully said:

Pretty much agree with this completely. Having 8 eps ending w/ some cliffhanger this summer, then a whole year til the next season, is a bit of a buzzkill.

I'm sure they'll be a mid-season finale that will create enough 'buzz' to keep people craving BB until the last batch of episodes air.

As for everyone calling Walt evil, it's not really that simple. Sure he's done some pretty drastic things to stay alive and out of prison but he only went to those extremes when he was backed into a corner and given no other choice. If he was truly evil the weight of those decisions would be lost on him but they're not. I have no doubt he will eventually become more ruthless but as it stands he's not irredeemable.

The only thing that makes him a majorly flawed character is his warped sense of pride, he could've just accepted his former work colleague's money to pay for the treatment and i'm sure he knows full well that Skyler would have found a way to make do without him. He just feels the need to make something of his life before he dies, which is kind of hard to criticise.

#44 Edited by MHumphreys89 (712 posts) -

@frankfartmouth said:

I'm sure that whatever they do, it won't be what people are expecting. This show has defied convention pretty much from the start, but quite so since season 2. The only probable lock for a plot development imo is that Hank and Walt will come to a head in some way, but who knows how that will play out. Another thing I'd say is that the show has made Walt darker and darker with each season, bordering at times on madness. It would be a real cheat if they try to pull their punches and soften him up at the end, so I'd say it's pretty likely that the Hank/Walt confrontation will likely end in a not so good way.

Madness; he's way past it. Dat zooming out camera shot, it's awesome.
#45 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3578 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

@AuthenticM said:

This is how I feel as well. I read on the internet that if ingested in large enough doses, the plant can be fatal. I trust that Walter knew how much would make him sick, and how much would be fatal. Even as far gone as he is, I don't think he would have poisoned the kid if he felt that it might lead to death.

The most amazing thing about this show, and something that I'd love to see from more movies and television, is that there are almost no one-dimensional "good guys" or "bad guys" to be found. It's shades of gray everywhere, and that makes things so much more interesting.

#46 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2141 posts) -

@Baillie:

The point is that Walt learned to love that lifestyle, he wants to be the badass criminal.

#47 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

This is the only way this show can possibly end.

#48 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -
#49 Posted by SSully (4130 posts) -

@TooWalrus: Ok I feel a little better about it then. I wish they had a couple of extra episodes, but atleast they are calling it how it is, two seasons.

#50 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

@Humphreys said:

@frankfartmouth said:

Madness; he's way past it. Dat zooming out camera shot, it's awesome.

That was a great scene. But I can understand. I'd flip a nut too. She gave all his fucking money to her boss who she'd been banging. Cuckoo time.