Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

PART II>

Season five of Breaking Bad will be premiering next Sunday. This here can be our place to discuss the show on Giant Bomb. After each episode we can discuss things we thought were awesome, what we saw coming, what we didn't, our predictions, etc.

To start us off, what do you think will generally happen in this season?

Update:

Hey guys, I discovered something really cool. On Imdb, this dude called mrabq (Mr. Albuquerque) posts threads with tons of behind the scenes info after each episode. It's really fun to read. Like for the first ep of this season, Mike feeding the chickens was a hard scene to do, and it even snowed that day so they had to do the scene later with melted snow in the background. Also did you know Mike sprayed the cameras with pressurized milk? There are also neat stories about the cast and crew.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/board/thread/201827211?d=201827211#201827211

You can just click on mrabq's name and go to each of his BTS (Behind The Scenes) threads.

Poppy_Persona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Poppy_Persona

I think Walt and Jesse will unite again properly and start cooking. Maybe Hank or Marie will find out the truth about Walt early on in the season and then there will be the fall out from that. Also maybe Walt's back story with Grey matter will be explored in more depth. I can't wait though so excited!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

I'm thinking this season will be about Walt and Hank, assuming that Hank discovers Walt's secret (and I will be surprised if he doesn't this season). Seems likely considering that there are no more antagonistic bosses to order Walt around anymore.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

Lil B teaches Walt and Jesse how to cook properly.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By killacam

well, the very end of season 4 seemed to set up a feud between jesse and walt, assuming the zooming up on that plant equates to walt's poisoning of that lil gal.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

So excited. AMC is really annoying though, splitting up the season the way they are.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aegon

@Voxel said:

I'm thinking this season will be about Walt and Hank, assuming that Hank discovers Walt's secret (and I will be surprised if he doesn't this season). Seems likely considering that there are no more antagonistic bosses to order Walt around anymore.

I think there definitely could be some Jesse vs Walt.

@killacam said:

well, the very end of season 4 seemed to set up a feud between jesse and walt, assuming the zooming up on that plant equates to walt's poisoning of that lil gal.

lil boy.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Liquidus

Definitely expecting something to go down with Hank and Walt. I can easily see Hank's death or hunting down Walt as the finale for this half of the season(which reminds me, why the fuck don't they just call it two seasons?). Anyways, considering the writing of this show I don't think it's gonna go the way anyone expects it to.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By toowalrus

@H2Oyea said:

@Voxel said:

I think there definitely could be some Jesse vs Walt.

I hope not, Jessie's already beat the crap out of Walt on one occasion, and held a gun to his head on another. I don't want them to re-hash that (unless it's the other way around and Walt destroys Jessie.) In the end though, I'd like Hank to win. He's been through so much shit because of Walt, I'd love to see him finally get his Heisenberg.

Owl_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Owl_Face

Honestly we're not sure about Mike's DOA status after the incidents in Mexico, and I would love to get more looks into his character possibly trying to take down Walt for killing Gustavo or something along those lines. But I could also see this season being a lot more focused on Hank and Walt locked in a epic game of cat and mouse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d557b323a6f7
deactivated-5d557b323a6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hank is gonna be hunting Walt. I really hope Jesse doesn't find out about the poison, I hate when those two are at each others throats. Mike may have something up his sleeve? Or maybe Skyler is going to get so scared of Walt she'll tell Hank. Who the fuck knows. Now I'm all stressed.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Funkydupe

If they can still keep this show interesting I'll be thrilled. Keeping my expectations low though.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Redsox44

Man I wish season 4 was on Netflix, I'm gonna have to go buy it and watch it all before this starts.

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By andriv

this can't end with walt alive, if there is a movie, it will be about the aftermath of walt.

And walt will break brad

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Grillbar

cant wait

i personally think that all the power is going to rise to walts head and the lack of respect towards walt for the things no one knows he is doing (just like where he diddent want to take the money from his friends since he wanted to provide he diddent need anyone else) and therefore taking over the spot that was left. and that will also lead to a jesse vs walt and a walt vs hank in come kind of way.

edit: one of the reasons i draw this conclusion is basically due to what happens in the last episode of season 4

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

@Redsox44 said:

Man I wish season 4 was on Netflix, I'm gonna have to go buy it and watch it all before this starts.

Season 4 will be available for streaming on July 15.

I can't wait. Might have to watch some of the past seasons again before next Sunday.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Doctorchimp

Walt's a fucking monster and Skylar is fully aware...

Man Season 5 is gonna be intense.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By Timing

@Owl_Face said:

Honestly we're not sure about Mike's DOA status after the incidents in Mexico, and I would love to get more looks into his character possibly trying to take down Walt for killing Gustavo or something along those lines. But I could also see this season being a lot more focused on Hank and Walt locked in a epic game of cat and mouse.

I'm pretty sure Mike will return, as indicated by these season 5 photos:

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Mushir

I'm guessing that the first half of this season will end with Hank finding out Walt's secret. And I think that that could possibly lead to Walt killing Hank. It's pretty extreme but Heisenberg has completely taken over Walt and now he is basically capable of doing anything.

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SAC

Jesse is ultimately going to kill Walt. I can see no other way with all of the shit Walt has done to him without him knowing. All of the ways he has manipulated and deceived him. Jesse is going to find out, somehow, and is going to kill Walt. I also believe Walt is going to kill Hank when he catches wind.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ulain

I'm honestly thinking nothing will come about of that plant used to poison the kid; it seemed to me more of a "yes, Walt is really that much of a mercenary, and doesn't care who gets in his way". And this scene? Do you see his face when Walt Jr says "Uncle Hank will be a legend"?

He's clearly jealous that he is not the one getting credit for having this kind of power; it was eluded to earlier in...this or Season 3 when he gets drunk and starts bragging that Gale probably couldn't be Heisenberg. It all feels like indicators to me that he will be slipping up very quickly, and Skyler is definitely tired of the sociopath shit he's doing.

In any case, I hope Mike is back up immediately. He's the most awesome character of the show. Followed by Mr Show--I mean Saul.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By csl316

Walt vs. Jesse, and i don't mean just a minor scuffle.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By ThePickle

@csl316 said:

Walt vs. Jesse, and i don't mean just a minor scuffle.

I hope they rejoin forces. I love their dynamic together and we saw an awful lot of Jessie vs. Walt last season.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By csl316

Indeed, but I'm wondering if they could come up with a villain to top Gus. Maybe they'll stop with big bads, who knows.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mikeeegeee

@csl316: Walt is the villain now. That's the point of this season.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@mikeeegeee said:

God I hope so. As much as I understood Walts intentions in season 1 and 2 they have just got out of control the last 2 seasons. He doesnt just want enough money to leave his family anymore he wants it all. I wonder how much crime and overdoses have resulted in Walts drug. I'm really hoping Hank gets alot of screen time this season, I can see the last few episodes being courtroom drama that is national news, with Saul being an amazing lawyer.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By csl316
@Bourbon_Warrior

@mikeeegeee said:

God I hope so. As much as I understood Walts intentions in season 1 and 2 they have just got out of control the last 2 seasons. He doesnt just want enough money to leave his family anymore he wants it all. I wonder how much crime and overdoses have resulted in Walts drug. I'm really hoping Hank gets alot of screen time this season, I can see the last few episodes being courtroom drama that is national news, with Saul being an amazing lawyer.

Exactly, that's why I'm thinking full scale Jesse v. Walt. Walt loves the power trip, but based on the teaser they'll do some cooking together first.

But Walt going "we're done when I say we're done" shows him in full villain mode.
jdw519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By jdw519

Turns out Walt Jr. was behind it all

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#29  Edited By DonutFever

Walt VS. Hank. 

If it's the last season, Jesse kills Walt (Or plans to, and Hank saves him by arresting him and possibly Walt). If not, Hank is so goddamn dead. 

EDIT: And Saul will continue to be the best character on the show.

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ksaw

Prediction:

Mike will be pissed. That's assuming he's still alive, which he'd better be.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#31  Edited By DonutFever
InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By InternetCrab

Shit, I should return to watching this show. I just haven't had time. I'm not surprised it has lasted 5 seasons.

cheezfang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cheezfang

I think everything will come crashing down on Walt this season. He "won" at the end of season 4, but I think everything will come back around to haunt him in season 5. I noticed him coughing at times over the last couple episodes of season 4, which makes me think his cancer will come back. That's kind of how I envision Walt's story ending -- not with a big showdown, but with Walt as a broken, defeated man who has lost everything due to his actions, maybe in prison, but on his deathbed due to cancer. Maybe on his deathbed he confesses everything to Jesse and Jesse pulls the plug. I think Walt and Hank will be a central conflict and Mike will obviously be back too. Also I remember Vince Gilligan saying once that Gus Fring's past may play a role in this season, that we never found out his full backstory and who he was before coming to the US and that someone from his past may figure into this season.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By teh_destroyer

I think we can all agree that no character in this tv show is going to have a happy ending at all.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Grixxel

I'm surprised they went for another season. The end of 4 kinda tied up everything nicely, for me anyways. BUT HEY IT'S MORE BREAKING BAD, I AIN'T GONNA COMPLAIN!

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By stryker1121

Something's going to happen that will put Walt completely on the side of evil. I'm guessing he kills Hank after the inevitable moment when Hank finds him out. However, I don't think there's gonna be a straight up Jesse v. Walt feud, not the way we think, anyway. You'd think the show would come back around to reveal Walt's manipulation of Jesse, but if it does, it will be Walt's guilt (when he's dying of the returned cancer at the very end of the series) that ultimately pushes him to save Jesse, most likely thru the use of Saul's "disappearer" guy that was mentioned last season. I think Jesse gets out of this alive, one way or the other.

Also, Walt Jr. will have cereal at some point.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By stryker1121

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@mikeeegeee said:

I hope there's no courtroom stuff. I don't Walt to ever get caught. Either he dies or goes on as meth kingpin of New Mexico. But Walt's journey is all about power and control. He never had either before the cancer, and now he's reveling in it.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Liquidus

@stryker1121 said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@mikeeegeee said:

I hope there's no courtroom stuff. I don't Walt to ever get caught. Either he dies or goes on as meth kingpin of New Mexico. But Walt's journey is all about power and control. He never had either before the cancer, and now he's reveling in it.

I can't see there being any courtroom drama stuff because Walt, if he gets caught, is not going down without a full blown no holds barred fight with the DEA and Hank. At this point, I think if his put in a situation of either him or Hank is gonna die, it's gonna be Hank.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I think what would be deliciously wicked, is if somehow Hank accuses Skylar of everything. Somehow... I just hate that bitch.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By teh_destroyer

@Bobby_The_Great said:

I think what would be deliciously wicked, is if somehow Hank accuses Skylar of everything. Somehow... I just hate that bitch.

We should hate her, she did cheat on Walt and bang her boss like 18 times.....

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SSully

Skylar can certainly be annoying, but I think it's pretty unfair to call her a bitch. Almost everything bitchy she has done has been a result of Walt's actions.

Maybe it's just because she just has an annoying way about her, because she does get on my nerves.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

@SSully said:

Skylar can certainly be annoying, but I think it's pretty unfair to call her a bitch. Almost everything bitchy she has done has been a result of Walt's actions.

Maybe it's just because she just has an annoying way about her, because she does get on my nerves.

Oh she's definitely justified in her actions and emotions, especially towards Walt. But man, there are just things she does that drive me crazy. I think "bitchy" is a better term than flat-out "bitch."

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Liquidus said:

@stryker1121 said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@mikeeegeee said:

I can't see there being any courtroom drama stuff because Walt, if he gets caught, is not going down without a full blown no holds barred fight with the DEA and Hank. At this point, I think if his put in a situation of either him or Hank is gonna die, it's gonna be Hank.

I cant see that happening with Hank being involved he would probably go quietly, but its hard to predict Walts actions anymore. I just hope they call the last episode The Last Waltz and I'll be happy

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By intro

Oh my Jesus now I really can't wait

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Liquidus said:

@stryker1121 said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@mikeeegeee said:

I cant see that happening with Hank being involved he would probably go quietly, but its hard to predict Walts actions anymore. I just hope they call the last episode The Last Waltz and I'll be happy

I really want Hank to get killed by Walt.  In fact, it would be so great if he killed everyone he was close with.  That would just be like.....  I wouldnt be able to explain it.  
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Liquidus said:

@stryker1121 said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@mikeeegeee said:

I really want Hank to get killed by Walt. In fact, it would be so great if he killed everyone he was close with. That would just be like..... I wouldnt be able to explain it.

Fuck You! Hanks the greatest character in that show! Also...

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By DoctorWelch

I think things will either go way way WAY downhill for Walter this season in every way, or the kind of the oposite where he is a total bad ass but his sickness starts to take its toll again. No matter what happens though, I'm super skeptical at whether or not they can keep up this show amazing especially coming off such an amazing season. That's usually how I am though because I'd much rather be pleasantly surprised rather than let down.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#48  Edited By sjschmidt93

I really hope everyone is wrong with the Jesse vs. Walt stuff, I mean they've had more than enough differences already. They are like teenagers... Fight, makeup, fight, makeup, etc. I don't think Jesse will ever find out that Walt poisoned Brock.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By stryker1121

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Liquidus said:

@stryker1121 said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@mikeeegeee said:

I really want Hank to get killed by Walt. In fact, it would be so great if he killed everyone he was close with. That would just be like..... I wouldnt be able to explain it.

Fuck You! Hanks the greatest character in that show! Also...

If Walt is comparable to Scarface (as the showrunners keep saying) you may get your wish.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Also I wonder if the new affordable health care act will get mentioned this season, cause lets face it the undertone of this show has always been how shitty the US health care system is, Walt a high school chemistry teacher had to result to cooking meth to pay his hospital bills and Walt a DEA agent got shot on the job and he wasnt even fully covered again his bills being paid for by drug money.