#101 Posted by takayamasama (439 posts) -

Almost missed this, thank god for random channel surfing.

Fucking magnets!

Looking forward to seeing any further uneasy truces that Walt and Hank get forced into.

#102 Posted by MiniPato (2720 posts) -

We're reaching that part of a Grand Theft Auto Vice City. The part where all the people you've worked with and done jobs for come together to pull off a few final heists and take over the criminal underworld.

#103 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Only 43 minutes?

#104 Posted by Choffy (440 posts) -

Loved the episode, and fits in with my theory:

Skylar grows more and more afraid of Walt each day his empire grows, eventually having enough of him and taking the baby and Junior with her to Hank and Marie's. Tired of looking like a bitch to Junior and from constant questioning by Marie, Skylar reveals everything to her family. Hank is furious he played him and his family and swears to report Walt to the DEA if he ever tries to talk to his family ever again. With nowhere to turn, Walt moves in with Jesse and things go well initially. But Brock eventually comes over one night to hang with Jesse and recognizes Walt as the man who fed him the Lily of the Valley berries. Jesse instantly tries to kill Walt, but Walt escapes and calls Saul to give him the number for the guy to get him off the grid. The scene at Denny's is a few months later (obviously his 52nd birthday). Broken and alone with no friends and family, Walt lets his anger boil for months and months, eventually buying the assault rifle we saw in the trunk to try and kill his family and Jesse.

There are a few holes in my theory, but it could totally happen, right? Did I just write the next seven episodes and lay the groundwork for the final eight?

#105 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@takayamasama said: 

Fucking magnets!

How do they work? 

@Choffy
Oh my Jesus.......  That sounds so realistic.........  I kinda want Walt to go out with a bigger bang though  
#106 Edited by sparks50 (372 posts) -

Finally. I hope the Mythbusters will do an episode on those magnets, they are awesome. You could imagine that it could wipe the hard drive of a laptop even without causing physical harm to it. Even a small magnet can do it if close enough.

#107 Posted by Aegon (5398 posts) -

@Choffy said:

Skylar grows more and more afraid of Walt each day his empire grows, eventually having enough of him and taking the baby and Junior with her to Hank and Marie's. Tired of looking like a bitch to Junior and from constant questioning by Marie, Skylar reveals everything to her family. Hank is furious he played him and his family and swears to report Walt to the DEA if he ever tries to talk to his family ever again. With nowhere to turn, Walt moves in with Jesse and things go well initially. But Brock eventually comes over one night to hang with Jesse and recognizes Walt as the man who fed him the Lily of the Valley berries. Jesse instantly tries to kill Walt, but Walt escapes and calls Saul to give him the number for the guy to get him off the grid. The scene at Denny's is a few months later (obviously his 52nd birthday). Broken and alone with no friends and family, Walt lets his anger boil for months and months, eventually buying the assault rifle we saw in the trunk to try and kill his family and Jesse.

There are a few holes in my theory, but it could totally happen, right? Did I just write the next seven episodes and lay the groundwork for the final eight?

One hole in that theory is that it was revealed in this episode that Walt got Saul's man to poison the kid.

#108 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

@Choffy said:

Walt has done some pretty heinous things but even he in incapable of killing his family. He got to where he was because he has done everything he can to protect them and make sure they're safe after he's gone. In that opening scene his cancer was back and he was using a fake ID. I think the German company that has a stake in Gus's business came snooping around and Walt went into hiding and he bought that gun to take them out.

#109 Edited by CaLe (3910 posts) -

It's only the first episode and they've already given us a great Mythbusters idea! I wonder what Walt needs that machine gun for.. he said it won't be leaving town so he's gotten into some business far from home.

#110 Posted by amlabella (323 posts) -

After seeing the sneak preview scene of next week's episode I'm even more convinced that Hank will find out about Walt in episode 8, forcing Walt to kill him - that will be the big cliffhanger heading into next year's episodes. Which would kind of suck though, I really like Hank....but this is called Breaking Bad after all; Walt will need to do something drastic by the end of the season.

#111 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

I did not expect the premier to be so funny. I hope these guys stick together throughout the season.

#112 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

I hear season five leads into season one of The Walking Dead.

#113 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

I hear season five leads into season one of The Walking Dead.

Walt makes some super meth that creates a zombie apocalypse.

#114 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

The first ep didn't wow me, but that's fine, because much like The Wire this show takes some time to really get going. I'm fine with that because it usually leads to some quality build ups.

#115 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I just realized last night this show reminds me alot of Mission Impossible. Walt gets in these impossible situations and gets out of them though his wit. I love this show!

#116 Posted by lazyhoboguy (62 posts) -

The wait between new episodes is agonizing. ARGHHHH.

#117 Posted by Fattony12000 (7040 posts) -

Dat Lilly of the Valley.

#118 Posted by Fattony12000 (7040 posts) -
#119 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@Fattony12000 said:

Dat Lilly of the Valley.

I still find that part of the story unsatisfactory. How did the kid ever ingest it? Some strange man comes over to tell him to eat something and neither his teachers or parent does anything about it? 
#120 Posted by Sweep (8817 posts) -

I enjoyed the first episode, though Skyler at this point is just irritating. It was pretty slow, I guess because it's basically just them cleaning up the shit from season 4. The beginning of the episode is what got me most excited, as that implies that shit goes downhill at a fairly steady rate.

Full beard Walt looks fucking badass.

#121 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@Sweep said:

I enjoyed the first episode, though Skyler at this point is just irritating. It was pretty slow, I guess because it's basically just them cleaning up the shit from season 4. The beginning of the episode is what got me most excited, as that implies that shit goes downhill at a fairly steady rate.

Full beard Walt looks fucking badass.

Skyler has been a downer since Season 1. 
#122 Posted by Fattony12000 (7040 posts) -

@Geno: Watch episode 1 of season 5.

#123 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@Fattony12000 said:

@Geno: Watch episode 1 of season 5.

I did, what did I miss?
#124 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I remember being angry at the end of season 2 thinking they had already jumped the shark with that contrived plane crash. But somehow they brought it back.

#125 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Choffy said:

Everyone has seen the leaked scripts. Don't act like you came up with it.

#126 Posted by Chaser324 (6325 posts) -

I really liked the first ep of season five, with the exception of the whole Ted thing...I wish they had just killed him off.

At the start of the episode we get a glimpse of how bad things will get for Walt, and then we get to see just how much Walt's pride and confidence have grown, the assumption being that his hubris will be what leads to his downfall.

#127 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -
@Geno
@Fattony12000 said:

Dat Lilly of the Valley.

I still find that part of the story unsatisfactory. How did the kid ever ingest it? Some strange man comes over to tell him to eat something and neither his teachers or parent does anything about it? 
Well yes, parents are always telling kids not to talk to strangers. A man offering free candy is enticing to a little kid. Also he is not going to tell his mom for fear of getting in trouble
#128 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@SlightConfuse said:
@Geno
@Fattony12000 said:

Dat Lilly of the Valley.

Well yes, parents are always telling kids not to talk to strangers. A man offering free candy is enticing to a little kid. Also he is not going to tell his mom for fear of getting in trouble
Brock seemed somewhat wary throughout Season 4 though. He didn't even talk to Jesse until several hours of interaction later, why would he just eat something that a random stranger handed to him? And his mother seems very protective of him as well, when would he ever be out of her sight for this to happen?
#129 Posted by TheHT (10876 posts) -

I think my favourite bit from that episode was at the beginning when Walt is talking to the waitress about some place and he mentions that there's a nice science museum there. He sounds like the old Walt just then, but quickly snaps out of it and gets back to his business.

#130 Posted by Rabid619 (1091 posts) -

Just finally watched the season 5 premiere. Gwaaaaaaaaah! This show is outstanding, so intense. I felt bad for Ted, even considering the fact that he's a total slimeball who only got hurt because he acted like a fool.

#131 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

It's time!

#132 Posted by Aegon (5398 posts) -

Woops, I'm a bit late to the party.

#133 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

He really did poison a kid huh… Poor Jesse.

#134 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Mike is such a badass

#135 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7049 posts) -
@SlightConfuse

Mike is such a badass

Seriously.
#136 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Mike needs his own show.

#137 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

after that he definitely needs his own show

#138 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Wow. Intense.

#139 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Man that ending was intense and crazy. Mike makes things even more craizer.

i thought he would kill her

#140 Posted by Mastercheesey (219 posts) -

I just wanna see Mike kick some ass!!!!!!

#141 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

Mike, I wanted you to shoot the lady in the face at the end, but I'm glad with the direction this is going. A movie on Mike needs to be made.

Breaking Bad is the best show on TV.

#142 Posted by TheHT (10876 posts) -

Brilliant.

Sympathizing with Jesse and hating Walt, while understand how Walt got to this point. Hank being in the same position the chief was in. Mike being fucking Mike. And that ending. Jesus, what a haunting ending.

A part of me is still thinking Skylar will be the one to kill Walt, despite the obvious doers being Jesse or Hank (or none, given the way this season started).

#143 Posted by Linkin10362 (602 posts) -

Everyone should be careful, just as Gus' demise was leaked last season, there is a rumored spoiler that is going around right now for the 8th episode. Not sure if it's true or not, but I can say with a fact that if it is, Shit Gets Real.

#144 Posted by pweidman (2297 posts) -

Shit got weird tonight in BB. As always, in a good way.

WW is the ultimate manipulator so I was trying to extrapolate how he got Mike to change his mind/set up his partners to fall and lose all their money to the feds. Also, Skylar will play a huge role in Walter's fate imo, as that was set up at the end there.

#145 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

Hank was most likely lying when he said that the laptop was encrypted. I think he already knows about Walt, he just doesn't want to believe it. Mike was a real badass this episode, but there's no way in hell sparing Lydia won't come to bite him in the ass later on.

#146 Edited by Ghostiet (5224 posts) -

Okay, Bryan Cranston needs an Emmy. It's amazing how disgusting and slimy Walt is now. The way he put the guilt in Jesse and his last scene with Skyler were golden. Gilligan and Cranston made something special here.

#147 Posted by 49th (2691 posts) -

Damn, I really have to find a way to watch the second episode in the UK.

#148 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

I love how much of a shithead Walt has become.

#149 Posted by kumquat (128 posts) -

This is the first season that I'm watching in real time. The wait between episodes is killing me.

Also, Mike is fucking gangster.

#150 Posted by CaLe (3910 posts) -

I don't want to not like Walt but damn.. Damn if that's not some effective character work. Mike is right, Walt is a time bomb and it's only a matter of time before he blows.