NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#301  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@MiniPato said:

Well, Jesse, this is your stop. Get the fuck off this train cause it ain't going anywhere you want to be.

Whether Todd gets killed or becomes Walt's enforcer (just because he's an obedient ass kisser who doesn't hesitate to follow orders to the letter), it's going to tear Jesse apart from the whole operation. Cause either way, Walt will want to push forward building his empire and Jesse will want nothing to do with a business built on killing kids. Hell, Jesse doesn't want anyone to die as a result of their meth making operation, so he'd split eventually cause there is no way that no one would get killed in this business.

I doubt Jesse is just going to split though.... He has fight in him still. He always does.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#302  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Holy. Shit.

That robbery was some of the tensest TV I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever been so focused on something in a looooong time. That was just pure brilliance at work there.

Apart from that, the death of that kid is going to open up a whole can of worms. There's going to be some serious tension between Jesse and everyone else. On top of that, there's definitely going to be an investigation into his disappearance and sooner or later someone will connect that and the train together and who knows what the hell else will pop up because of that.

Goddammit. This show. This fucking show. Incredible.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#303  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Oh man from being on a high from them pulling off the train heist to feeling shocked withen 20 seconds is amazing TV. I thought the guy was pulling out a chocolate bar not a gun. Easily my favourite episode since last seasons finale.

Just rewatched the last 30 seconds. While Jesse is screaming "no noo nooo!", Walt is just stone faced. God I hope we see a terrible end to Walt, none of this fade to black that happened to Tony Soprano.

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#304  Edited By NathanStack

HOLY SHIT THAT FUCKING EPISODE

TODD IS A STONE COLD MOTHERFUCKER

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By MiniPato

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@MiniPato said:

Well, Jesse, this is your stop. Get the fuck off this train cause it ain't going anywhere you want to be.

Whether Todd gets killed or becomes Walt's enforcer (just because he's an obedient ass kisser who doesn't hesitate to follow orders to the letter), it's going to tear Jesse apart from the whole operation. Cause either way, Walt will want to push forward building his empire and Jesse will want nothing to do with a business built on killing kids. Hell, Jesse doesn't want anyone to die as a result of their meth making operation, so he'd split eventually cause there is no way that no one would get killed in this business.

I doubt Jesse is just going to split though.... He has fight in him still. He always does.

Well, yeah, back in the past seasons they were beaten down by other bad guys and were on their own 2 man team with Walt leading him along the way. This time they're their own bad guys and Walt's moral center has deteriorated almost completely. Jesse will only want to be in this operation as long as no one gets killed. Maybe he can stand an adult getting killed, but a kid? No way. He won't stand for that.

The only reason he won't split from the group right away is because Walt will work his dark magic to lie to and persuade Jesse to stick with them, not because he has any fight in him and wants to support the home team.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#306  Edited By TheHT

@Sooty: You've never seen "too seriously" then.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#307  Edited By Aegon

Off topic: Before I go to sleep, I'd like to say that the chat is still up. I wonder if they're permanently leaving it on. 

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By flindip

@BabyChooChoo said:

Holy. Shit.

That robbery was some of the tensest TV I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever been so focused on something in a looooong time. That was just pure brilliance at work there.

Apart from that, the death of that kid is going to open up a whole can of worms. There's going to be some serious tension between Jesse and everyone else. On top of that, there's definitely going to be an investigation into his disappearance and sooner or later someone will connect that and the train together and who knows what the hell else will pop up because of that.

The kid isn't going to make much of a difference in terms of heat. Tons of people go missing in the US, especially the southwestern part of the country. The kid was alone in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing connecting that kid to anything. If what Walt saids is true, nobody will even notice the Methlyamine was stolen.

That isn't the point of the kid. The point of the kid is that its going to cause a moral rift between Walt and Jesse.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By flindip

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Oh man from being on a high from them pulling off the train heist to feeling shocked withen 20 seconds is amazing TV. I thought the guy was pulling out a chocolate bar not a gun. Easily my favourite episode since last seasons finale.

Just rewatched the last 30 seconds. While Jesse is screaming "no noo nooo!", Walt is just stone faced. God I hope we see a terrible end to Walt, none of this fade to black that happened to Tony Soprano.

My guess is that there is one more significant push before Walt becomes Heisenberg fully. However, I think once he reaches that point, there will be something that "pulls him back". Perhaps not fully but closer to where we initially met him.

Walt isn't Heisenberg, and he isn't that bumbling fool we met at the start of the show. But Walt does still have some sort of conscious. A couple episodes back Walt showed a bit of remorse when sitting next to Brock. Its being suppressed, but its still there.

My guess is that it may tie into that M60 in the trunk. It may be similar to the ending of "The Wild Bunch."

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#310  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Hot damn, I just finished that episode and it was easily the best I have seen for a while.

Will be interesting to see if they keep Todd around or if Jesse blows his head off.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#311  Edited By recroulette

I made a joke during the episode that Landry killed a dude once, he's not going to talk about your heist. Really surprised that he was the one that actually took the shot. 

That's what you get for playing with spiders kid.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By NegativeCero

I feel bad at laughing that they were seen by a kid while they celebrated to the kid getting killed. Leave it to this show to make me feel conflicting emotions in seconds.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By ripelivejam

not much more to add except fantastic episode. opinion seems differently elsewhere (that it was plodding before the heist), but i was digging every second of it, esp. the terse scene between lydia + the gang.

really loving jesse this season, he's becoming the frikkin genius of the show all of a sudden. hoping we'll see a further evolution of the character now with the kid's death.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#314  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Aegon said:

I thought Todd might have ended up dead by the end of the episode.

That's what I expected to happen, but the writers went in a totally different jaw dropping direction. Such a great payoff from the cold open.

I had a lot of concerns going into this season that the writers might not be able to seal the deal, but instead they've totally solidified Breaking Bad as the greatest TV drama of all time.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By J12088

I thought i had this show figured out. I thought Todd was undercover and that's why he was sticking his nose in and asking questions. I thought walts ego had gotten too big and that he was going to slip up by spilling the beans to Todd. Then i thought after they stole the stuff off the train they was going to kill Todd to tie up a loose end.

...Of course it's never going to be that predictable. Never ever saw that coming.

HisDudeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By HisDudeness

Man that was fucking amazing! I guess things will be a LOT different between Jesse and Walt from now on. Poor kid...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#317  Edited By csl316

I'm worried that Jesse is doomed. Seems like he's the only one left with moral fiber. Taking him out of the picture will give Walt the capacity to just go full bad. Business wise, anyway. At home he's at least got the kids. "I leave the work at work."

HisDudeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By HisDudeness

A possible scenario would be Jesse leaving, going back to cooking with Skinny Pete and Badger and becoming Walt and Mike's competitor.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#319  Edited By tearhead

@MiniPato said:

I don't know what your talking about. Nobody ordered Todd to kill the kid, and because of that, he is fucking trouble.

Still, though, that episode was fucking brilliant.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#320  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@flindip said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

Holy. Shit.

The kid isn't going to make much of a difference in terms of heat. Tons of people go missing in the US, especially the southwestern part of the country. The kid was alone in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing connecting that kid to anything. If what Walt saids is true, nobody will even notice the Methlyamine was stolen.

That isn't the point of the kid. The point of the kid is that its going to cause a moral rift between Walt and Jesse.

The latter I already practically said and agree with. However, this is a fictional tv show. Just because a bunch of people randomly go missing in that part of the country in real life and no one thinks about it, doesn't mean it's going to be the same way in the show.

It's a missing kid. On top of that, if his body is ever found, someone is obviously going to find a bullet hole and, once again, because this is fictional entertainment, the writers will come up with some clever way of tying everything together. They aren't just going to kill a kid and be like, "oh well, that's that." There are few, in any loose ends in this show.

Also,

@J12088 said:

I thought i had this show figured out. I thought Todd was undercover and that's why he was sticking his nose in and asking questions. I thought walts ego had gotten too big and that he was going to slip up by spilling the beans to Todd. Then i thought after they stole the stuff off the train they was going to kill Todd to tie up a loose end.

...Of course it's never going to be that predictable. Never ever saw that coming.

this. I was ready to bet anything he was a cop, but well...this episode happened lol

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By SlasherMan

@Tearhead said:

I don't know what your talking about. Nobody ordered Todd to kill the kid, and because of that, he is fucking trouble.

This guy's post already contains what I'd respond to this, so I'll just copy it here (slightly edited):

@Redsox44 said:

Walt and Jesse are at fault for painting themselves as ultimate badasses to impress Todd, and Mike helping with that when he introduced them to him and telling him to do everything they say. And Jesse said no one else will know about this robbery and Walt forced it even further into his mind, so he's just thinking no fucking witnesses!

It'll be interesting to see where things go from here nonetheless. This will probably be a game changer.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By flindip

@BabyChooChoo said:

@flindip said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

Holy. Shit.

The latter I already practically said and agree with. However, this is a fictional tv show. Just because a bunch of people randomly go missing in that part of the country in real life and no one thinks about it, doesn't mean it's going to be the same way in the show.

It's a missing kid. On top of that, if his body is ever found, someone is obviously going to find a bullet hole and, once again, because this is fictional entertainment, the writers will come up with some clever way of tying everything together. They aren't just going to kill a kid and be like, "oh well, that's that." There are few, in any loose ends in this show.

Also,

@J12088 said:

this. I was ready to bet anything he was a cop, but well...this episode happened lol

The death of the kid is going to create friction among the characters for sure. But I don't suspect that the kid is going to bring in more heat from the DEA. In fact, the DEA would have no reason to care. Missing children is not their juristiction.

So the show would have to tie the child's death to the methlaymine heist. They aren't going to bury kid right next to the crime scene. Mike is a professional at removing bodies, they will never find this kid. Even if they do, it won't be tied back to the characters. If the kids body is found, its because the characters WANT his body to be found. But there will be no evidence pointing back to them.

So, if the kids body is found, they will know that he was shot. His last whereabouts was somewhere in the middle of nowhere where he was murdered. But you won't know the exact location. So how are police going to tie that to the train heist? When they probably don't even suspect the train was robbed to begin with.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Vexxan

Oh man this show...the death of that kid is going to result in so much debating next episode...Walt will probably keep his 'new' bad ass attitude and won't act too bothered by it, which will probably piss off Jesse.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By flindip

@Vexxan said:

Oh man this show...the death of that kid is going to result in so much debating next episode...Walt will probably keep his 'new' bad ass attitude and won't act too bothered by it, which will probably piss off Jesse.

That, in a nutshell, is the point of the kid's death.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By MiniPato

@Tearhead said:

@MiniPato said:

Still, though, that episode was fucking brilliant.

They all emphasized that no one can know about the robbery except them. Maybe they didn't explicitly tell Todd to kill the kid, but they didn't expect him to take those orders that far. And maybe Walt didn't want him to kill the kid either, but he could possibly see Todd as a good underling to keep at his side, one who willingly obeys and does whatever it takes to carry out a plan. If he doesn't hesitate to kill a kid for them, there's probably nothing he won't do.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#326  Edited By Mushir

That episode was just brilliant. Really enjoyed the bit with Heat on blu-ray.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#327  Edited By ThePickle

(I originally posted this on Screened but no one actually posts there anymore)

Another great example of Breaking Bad telling a great somewhat self contained story. Even detached from the overarching story, this worked as a heist. And holy fuck was that a cliffhanger.

Also, someone floated the theory over at Screened that Walt will poison Skyler with the ricin he kept in her cigarettes she keeps smoking. And this is the second time Jesse James was brought up this season. Theories about the relevancy of this?

Speaking of relevant, Hank asks Walt Jr. (I totally forgot about the whole Flynn thing) if he wanted to watch Heat on Blu-Ray, a movie where a heist turns into a murder because a new recruit screws up. This ends up being the downfall of the crew Also Blu-Ray, blue meth.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By ThePickle

@HisDudeness said:

A possible scenario would be Jesse leaving, going back to cooking with Skinny Pete and Badger and becoming Walt and Mike's competitor.

That's highly unlikely. Jesse leaving the operation is a serious threat to Mike, who clearly values his freedom greatly. Jesse saw how he was so eager to kill Lydia because he assumed she was trying to screw them over. Also, his product and distribution would not even begin to compete with Walt. He wouldn't be able to get methylamine which is established to yield a more potent product.

But hey, anything's possible on Breaking Bad.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#329  Edited By AhmadMetallic

holy...shit...

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By SlightConfuse

Todd is walts victor.

jchenderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By jchenderson

I have a feeling that kid may not be fully dead yet. That would lead to a very tense opening next episode.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By SlightConfuse
MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By MiniPato

@ThePickle said:

@HisDudeness said:

That's highly unlikely. Jesse leaving the operation is a serious threat to Mike, who clearly values his freedom greatly. Jesse saw how he was so eager to kill Lydia because he assumed she was trying to screw them over. Also, his product and distribution would not even begin to compete with Walt. He wouldn't be able to get methylamine which is established to yield a more potent product.

They did say that Skinny Pete would have a bigger role I think. How much bigger, I don't know. Might just end up being minor.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By ThePickle

@MiniPato said:

@ThePickle said:

@HisDudeness said:

They did say that Skinny Pete would have a bigger role I think. How much bigger, I don't know. Might just end up being minor.

I think buying those 4 of those huge roadie cases could back to bite him in the ass.

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#335  Edited By Scottish_Sin

@Bobby_The_Great said:

Skylar: "Out burying bodies?"

Walt: "Robbing a train..."

I loved that line and exchange!

Yeah, that was fucking excellent. What an episode.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By beepmachine

I think this was my favourite episode of the entire show. Everything worked together. The heist was absolutely amazing, the cinematography of the interrogation of lydia was like a fincher movie. You could watch this episode without having seen any other part of the series and it would still be fucking amazing. Also, Todd is pretty fucking ice-cold for a bug exterminator. I wonder if there is more to him.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#337  Edited By Rhaknar

Landry keeping up with his murdering ways

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need@MiniPato said:

@ThePickle said:

@HisDudeness said:

I want to see more Skinny Pete - Piano Virtuoso.

itchynoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By itchynoodle

@Scottish_Sin: That and Jesse's line about the train robbery:

"What, am I going to be like Jesse James or something?"

Avatar image for deactivated-5f39c75856922
deactivated-5f39c75856922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just when you think the show can't get any better.... A fucking train heist.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@CosmicBatman

Just when you think the show can't get any better.... A fucking train heist.

Just got done watching the newest episode. Amazing scene but FUCK THAT GUY.
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By Aegon

Hey guys, I discovered something really cool. On Imdb, this dude called mrabq (Mr. Albuquerque) posts threads with tons of behind the scenes info after each episode. It's really fun to read. Like for the first ep of this season, Mike feeding the chickens was a hard scene to do, and it even snowed that day so they had to do the scene later with melted snow in the background. Also did you know Mike sprayed the cameras with pressurized milk?  There are also neat stories about the cast and crew.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/board/thread/201827211?d=201827211#201827211  

You can just click on mrabq's name and go to each of his BTS (Behind The Scenes) threads. 

Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#344  Edited By buzz_killington

Jesus, fucking Skylar is becoming more and more of a cunt every episode. Also, more Bill Burr is always a good thing!

sparks50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By sparks50

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Oh man from being on a high from them pulling off the train heist to feeling shocked withen 20 seconds is amazing TV. I thought the guy was pulling out a chocolate bar not a gun.

It seemed like they could have posed as railway maintenance workers or something. But Todd was told that there must be no witnesses, and he's apparently quite a go-getter.

cp3rockon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By cp3rockon

Does anyone know the song used in this trailer? Can't seem to find it.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@buzz_killington said:

Jesus, fucking Skylar is becoming more and more of a cunt every episode. Also, more Bill Burr is always a good thing!

I must be watching a different show because it seems to me that Walt is the cunt.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FancySoapsMan said:

@buzz_killington said:

I must be watching a different show because it seems to me that Walt is the cunt.

I really don't understand the Skyler hate. Like, not at all.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#349  Edited By buzz_killington

@Soapy86 said:

@FancySoapsMan said:

@buzz_killington said:

I really don't understand the Skyler hate. Like, not at all.

Common. "Out burrying bodies?" She acts like she is completely innocent of all things. Her hands are pretty dirty. Take responsibility instead of making the man's home hell. Being in the limbo of not knowing what the fuck is going on is probably a worse influence on the kids than Walt, who maintains a certain persona at home. If her concern is truly the safety of the kids, then she would just pack their things and leave without telling anyone, or go clean with Hank. But she doesn't. She wants the money coming in. She just doesn't want Walt around. That's why she said she's just waiting for the cancer to come back. She wants Walt's millions of dirty drug money in the bank, but not Walt. That sounds like a hypocritical cunt to me.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By laserbolts

Holy fuck that ending was insane. I love this show.