#1 Edited by Aegon (5419 posts) -

<PART I

This is a continuation of the part 1 discussion thread. Part 2 of Breaking Bad season 5 will debut on August 11, 2013 on AMC. That's purty soon. As I said in the previous thread, once the season continues, we can start having discussions for each episode.

For now, here's an interview Conan O'Brien (big fan of the show) recently had with the cast:

Also, a little reminder of where we left off last season:

And @slightconfuse posted a well put together video of Walter's journey thus far. Sums up breaking bad really well:

#2 Edited by bigjeffrey (4814 posts) -

I AM Hype

#3 Edited by Heltom92 (706 posts) -

Fuck yea can't wait! I have faith that the creators will give us a satisfying ending.

#4 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

I am very, very excited for it. On the other hand, I don't want it to end because I love it so, so much.

#5 Edited by RecSpec (3769 posts) -

I laughed harder at that video than I should have. (Hank's Revelation)

This and Mad Men are the only two reasons I still have cable, after the finale I'm dropping it. After the insanity of the first half of the season, I am terrified that they won't be able to live up to the expectations. No matter what the result, as long as the ride is crazy and keeps me on edge the whole time, I'll be happy.

#6 Posted by StrainedEyes (1322 posts) -

I love the shot of Hank, it says so much.

#7 Edited by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Because of Breaking Bad I'm not able to watch any other dramas. It's so good that it has ruined everything else for me. In short: I am hype.

#8 Edited by Aegon (5419 posts) -

@strainedeyes: Nice, thanks for posting. Dude is great at playing Hank.

#9 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5808 posts) -

Since season 5 started the only thing I've really cared about was Hank vs. Walt.

so hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

#10 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2314 posts) -

After the "shitty" cliffhanger we got and how long we had to wait this show better have a damn great conclusion.

Bitch!

#11 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1005 posts) -

I'm really worried for Hank. The guy doesn't have a dishonest bone in his body, he knows the truth about Walt but he has no hard evidence. So now he's gotta keep pretending like nothing's wrong until he can build a case, and that is not a scenario I can see Hank being comfortable with. He's not a natural liar, but now he's gonna have lie to one the greatest liars in history. I don't expect it to be too long before he starts making Walt suspicious, and then all bets are off...

#12 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4307 posts) -

@kevin_cogneto: Agreed 110%. I think the way Walt (and Skylar for that matter) have just straight up lied to and manipulated him for the past few years are going to eat at him so much he's going to do something reckless. I wouldn't blame him either. Next to Jessie, he's gotten fucked over the most. Hell, you may be able to argue he's had it worse than Jessie. Either way, I don't imagine Hank having much of a happy ending either. Then again, who in this would get a happy ending? lol

#13 Posted by Chaser324 (6345 posts) -

I'm looking forward to seeing how we arrive at that opening scene of season five. Who does Walt intend to put on the receiving end of that machine gun?

#14 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Can't wait for the conclusion, but I totally do not want this show to end. I'm wrapping up watching The Wire at the moment and now I feel like I will never watch another awesome TV series again.

#15 Posted by teh_destroyer (3562 posts) -

I am excited for it. I just hope the ending is not going to have a very happy ending, thats the only way for things to go down really.

#16 Edited by probablytuna (3550 posts) -

I just started watching the first season again in anticipation of the final episodes. Bring on August 11!

#17 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3578 posts) -

@breadfan said:

Can't wait for the conclusion, but I totally do not want this show to end. I'm wrapping up watching The Wire at the moment and now I feel like I will never watch another awesome TV series again.

But seriously, Breaking Bad is amazing, and I can't wait to see the conclusion.

#18 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

This is fucking fantastic.

#19 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3578 posts) -

@breadfan said:

This is fucking fantastic.

I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desart. Near them, on the sand,

Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,

And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:

And on the pedestal these words appear:

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away.

All great empires must come to an end. Perfect.

#20 Posted by Chaser324 (6345 posts) -

Let the countdown begin. Just one week until the new season starts. I just rewatched season 5 part 1 this weekend, so I'm fully prepared.

#21 Posted by JM12088 (40 posts) -

I think Skyler, Hank or walter Jr dies. One of those. It's the last part of his transformation. He started this for his family seeing one of them bite the bullet shows how far hes come and how lost hes got.

I'd also like to see some ties from Gus come back to bite him. The mexican cartel wouldn't touch Gus because of his links back in Chilean so it's hard to believe Walter could just kill him and not have someone come looking for him. Hoping it's not just him on the run from Hank.

#22 Edited by jimmy_p (278 posts) -

I'll be happy, as long as there's another Chrysler commercial.

#23 Posted by SunBroZak (1032 posts) -

I really like the fan-made music videos that Breaking Bad has brought about. There's some great ones.

And yes, I really, really cannot wait for the finally. This has got to be my favourite show on television, so I really, really hope it's as good as the rest of the series.

#24 Edited by cutyoface (541 posts) -
#25 Edited by Chuncho_Munos (45 posts) -

Can someone let me know, will the episodes be on Netflix instantly, and will it be one episode at a time or all at once?

Thanks

#26 Posted by Chaser324 (6345 posts) -

@cutyoface: Plucked it from imgur.

@chuncho_munos: The eight episodes from Season 5 Part 1 just hit Netflix recently. The eight episodes from Part 2 that start premiering on AMC this Sunday will probably be on Netflix about a year from now. If you don't have cable and want to follow along, iTunes and Amazon Video are both solid options for keeping up with it.

#27 Edited by nutta27 (197 posts) -

I can not fucking wait. Breaking bad is the boss of TV shows. I cant believe 8 more episodes and then that's it.

How do people think the show will end?

It can't be a good ending. It just can't end well for anyone.

#28 Edited by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

@cutyoface: Plucked it from imgur.

@chuncho_munos: The eight episodes from Season 5 Part 1 just hit Netflix recently. The eight episodes from Part 2 that start premiering on AMC this Sunday will probably be on Netflix about a year from now. If you don't have cable and want to follow along, iTunes and Amazon Video are both solid options for keeping up with it.

The episodes for the last 8 are going onto UK Netflix the day after they air in the US. So if you already have a Netflix account, a simple VPN will allow you catch the episode less than 24 hours later.

#29 Posted by ThePickle (4155 posts) -

#30 Posted by Aegon (5419 posts) -

@thepickle: Wow, that's super well cut. Never seen this song in anything but GB&U, but it really fits here. Same themes.

#31 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

I am really excited about the final season. I'm also going to be in America when it starts so I can watch as early as possible!

#32 Posted by myketuna (1655 posts) -

Gonna be glued this season. I don't have cable, but I'm going the Amazon route. Also, I don't normally care about spoilers, but for this season, I haven't read or watched any type of preview or teasers. If one slipped by, it wouldn't be the end of the world to me, but I want to experience this shit as purely as I can. Which the Amazon route also helps with since there's no commercials, no "next episode" teasers, and no dumb Chris Hardwick after party show.

#33 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

@thepickle: Love that video. Can't wait to see the final version of it once the show is over.

#34 Posted by gkhan (417 posts) -

@aegon said:

@thepickle: Wow, that's super well cut. Never seen this song in anything but GB&U, but it really fits here. Same themes.

Yo Yo Ma did an amazing version of that song for a record of Ennio Moricone music. It's just about the greatest thing ever:

#35 Posted by CJduke (784 posts) -

As long as Jesse makes it out of this alive I'll be happy. He is my favorite character and Walt has fucked him over and manipulated him constantly, I hope he gets some sort of revenge or at least an escape.

#36 Posted by jerseyscum (862 posts) -

@cjduke said:

As long as Jesse makes it out of this alive I'll be happy. He is my favorite character and Walt has fucked him over and manipulated him constantly, I hope he gets some sort of revenge or at least an escape.

Dead by overdose or a self-inflicted gunshot.

#37 Posted by Aegon (5419 posts) -

"Tonight's the night"

-Dexter Morgan

#38 Edited by SunBroZak (1032 posts) -

I wasn't aware until earlier, but the UK version of Netflix will actually have the new Breaking Bad episodes on there to stream just a day after they air. That almost makes up for the underwhelming library the UK version sports.

In any case, I'm pretty damn excited.

#39 Posted by Chaser324 (6345 posts) -

@cjduke: There's no way Jesse makes it through these eight episodes without ending up dead or in prison.

#40 Posted by Aegon (5419 posts) -

:o

#41 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

@chaser324: I hope so much that you're wrong. He's really become the moral compass of the show and Walt has piled so much on him these last few seasons. Walt is already a lost cause but Jesse still has hope.

#42 Posted by Genfuyung (226 posts) -

So will the cancer kill him or will he use the poison on himself?

#43 Posted by natetodamax (19177 posts) -

I'm guessing that was a DEA bug on his car there.

#44 Posted by Genfuyung (226 posts) -

Wow they are diving right in.

#45 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

#TeamHank

#46 Posted by plop1920 (448 posts) -

Yes! Straight into it already, love it

#47 Posted by cutyoface (541 posts) -

Dude, That was intense.

#48 Posted by flindip (533 posts) -

Some really great economical writing at the end. They established, at the end of the episode, that Hank knows about Walt being Heisenberg. We don't have to go through 2-3 episodes of Hank figuring it out.

#49 Posted by RupertTheBear (179 posts) -

Hank eye's scares the fuck out of me

#50 Posted by Genfuyung (226 posts) -

Holy shit they advertised scenes from next weeks show during the first commercial break of this new show they're playing now...25 minutes in and no commercials yet.