#501 Edited by MHumphreys89 (713 posts) -

@ch3burashka said:

@humphreys said:

@ch3burashka said:

@humphreys said:

Nice of Walt.Jr to phone the cops like that and falsify a crime when it was clearly Skyler who had the knife and was waving at Walt.

Yes, the crippled son of a crazed meth kingpin is clearly the bad guy here.

I don't think I pardoned Walt in what I wrote, also read my other posts before jumping down my throat. Also, what's him being "crippled" got to do with anything?

Mad rhymes, yo. I wasn't aware I needed to read all your posts and see you in my mind's eye before making any kind of response.

I think it's pretty justifiable what he did; in order to protect his mom and himself, he made up a "white lie", if you can even call it that in the context.

Now you're just being a dick, I made another post on the next page clarifying my feelings, other people responded with similar thoughts to you and I can see why he did it now.

#502 Posted by Vamino (207 posts) -

@golguin said:

For people saying he cared more about his money than his family I present to you the fact that he was trying to give away all his money to save Hank.

That would have sort of put him in a better position himself though, wouldn't it? The money is the big thing that would seal the arrest, but if they took that deal he'd maybe have been able to get out of going to prison

#503 Posted by K9 (621 posts) -

Walt has finally transformed in this series into what he was always meant to be; Batman. There were so many ninjas in my room cutting onions when Walt was talking to Skylar on the phone and placing the entirety of blame on himself. He has no one left to live for and is standing on the edge of despair. Now all I want for Walt is to continue to resonate with his inner Batman and demolish his poisonous legacy of having birthed Blue meth. Based on the flash forward that happened in the opening of this season, the ricin that Walt took out is actually for the Blue meth that the Nazis are cooking. Walt would agree to cook with Jesse for the Nazis one more time wherein Walt would contaminate the meth crop, thereby leading to death of hundreds, if not thousands of meth heads and the entire Blue meth craze would die away. Perhaps the finale would also involve a shootout where Walt would die but that doesn't matter much to me. I'm satisfied with where the character of Walt psychologically is now. He knows he has done some very bad things that ultimately was for naught. At this point the only thing left is for him to continue walking down the path of redemption and bring an end to blue meth drug empire.

#504 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

I sobbed like a mourning mother, this shit was so intense and caused me a great deal of sorrow.

The look on Walt's face when he sees his family cower away from him in fear, OH MY GOD.

Why is the consensus that Jesse will kill Walt though? Why ya'll mofos think so? This show is pretty unpredictable. Explain yourselves!

#505 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (407 posts) -

Jesse must get to kill Walt at the end of all this right? Like, the amount of shit that has been dumped onto that character in the past couple of episodes is incredible so if the series ends with anything except Jesse exacting some kind of Heisenberg-esque triple-twist revenge plot, I'll be sorely disappointed.

#506 Posted by meaninoflife42 (509 posts) -

How I felt after watching this episode:

#507 Posted by stryker1121 (1404 posts) -

I sobbed like a mourning mother, this shit was so intense and caused me a great deal of sorrow.

The look on Walt's face when he sees his family cower away from him in fear, OH MY GOD.

Why is the consensus that Jesse will kill Walt though? Why ya'll mofos think so? This show is pretty unpredictable. Explain yourselves!

I cannot predict this show worth shit, but the Jane reveal may have signposted Jesse's killing of Walt...not just for that alone, of course, but for dragging him into this nightmare, manipulating him, generally not giving a shit about him in the guise of "saving" him. The Jane reveal will highlight Walt's true nature, at least in Jesse's mind. FWIW I think Walt did care about Jesse, even if it was for his own ends.

#508 Posted by SunBroZak (1083 posts) -

Jesse must get to kill Walt at the end of all this right? Like, the amount of shit that has been dumped onto that character in the past couple of episodes is incredible so if the series ends with anything except Jesse exacting some kind of Heisenberg-esque triple-twist revenge plot, I'll be sorely disappointed.

I agree.

For them to have kept the character alive this long, he's gotta make it out alive, and I don't see Walt and Jesse being buddies again.

#510 Posted by MiniPato (2732 posts) -

@recspec said:

I don't see why the Nazi's would go after his family. As of right now he hasn't broken any deal yet (Jesse's still alive), and I don't see him trying to rat them out.

I'm guessing the arc concerning Todd/Jack/Lydia gets wrapped up next episode. Leaving the final episode for the final Walt/Jesse confrontation.

The Nazis will probably go after his family because Lydia will order them to. Lydia will no doubt know that Jesse told Hank and Marie about her, what with the confession tape that Hank made Jesse record and all. Lydia also knows that Skylar knows who she is based on the car wash confrontation. Also Lydia, being the paranoid person she is, will probably go, "You just killed Heisenberg's, the man who killed Gus Fring and Mike, you just killed his brother in law. You think he's going to let this go? I can't risk him coming back for revenge. I want him gone." And then they'll probably use his family to flush him out. Todd has a creepy crush on Lydia, but also has mad respect for Walt. So I hope that his character will be interesting from at least that angle.

I also wonder if she'll have any sympathy for Jesse, considering he did argue against having her killed by Mike.

#511 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1958 posts) -

@vamino said:

@golguin said:

For people saying he cared more about his money than his family I present to you the fact that he was trying to give away all his money to save Hank.

That would have sort of put him in a better position himself though, wouldn't it? The money is the big thing that would seal the arrest, but if they took that deal he'd maybe have been able to get out of going to prison

No, the way Walt was completely devastated after Hank was killed shows that he was trying to do everything in his power just to save the guy, I seriously doubt that he had the time or the clarity of mind to think of how the aftermath would play out. Also, his entire motivation for the entire series was to make that money, it's not something he would give up just to get out of jail. Plus Hank would have another angle to pursue for evidence with Walt's ties to the white supremacists so giving up the money would be pointless in terms of escaping the law.

#512 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (407 posts) -

Also another thing: What happened to the recording of Walt's confession? I mean, Hank had to have been recording that whole phonecall for evidence, he would have been an idiot not to, so presumably that thing is still out there somewhere. I'm really surprised Walt didn't try to recover it after being set free at the dig?

Perhaps that will come back to haunt Walt.

#513 Posted by StrainedEyes (1323 posts) -

Also another thing: What happened to the recording of Walt's confession? I mean, Hank had to have been recording that whole phonecall for evidence, he would have been an idiot not to, so presumably that thing is still out there somewhere. I'm really surprised Walt didn't try to recover it after being set free at the dig?

Why? Walt has already been outed to authorities. There isn't really much more a confession tape will do.

#514 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1958 posts) -

@renegadedoppelganger said:

Why? Walt has already been outed to authorities. There isn't really much more a confession tape will do.

Yeah, he pretty much confessed to the entire thing when he called Skylar.

#515 Edited by Ghostiet (5250 posts) -

@recspec said:

I don't see why the Nazi's would go after his family. As of right now he hasn't broken any deal yet (Jesse's still alive), and I don't see him trying to rat them out.

I'm guessing the arc concerning Todd/Jack/Lydia gets wrapped up next episode. Leaving the final episode for the final Walt/Jesse confrontation.

Jesse did tell them that the confession tape he made with Hank is in Marie's house.

@cmblasko said:

Why do Todd and his uncle's crew even have to cook anymore? 80 million is not enough for 6-7 guys to split and retire?

I imagine that they have to cook. They are in an arrangement with Lydia, and her buyers are worldwide. When Gus' empire fell, it had far reaching consequences, to the point where a dude in Germany decided that suicide (the painful, disgraceful kind) is a better deal than standing trial for all that shit. I imagine that they have to at least have Todd learn how to do the product and spread the knowledge.

One of the show's themes is that you don't really get out of "the game", you simply go deeper, since moral bankruptcy has many different flavors - Walt got out and that's when he did the most despicable shit in his life.

Also, greed. It's not like they have any opposition at this point, especially after Walt is officialy outed as Heisenberg - the legendary creator of Blue Sky will have a face, so they don't have to care.

#516 Edited by RenegadeDoppelganger (407 posts) -

@strainedeyes said:

I guess he sort of did but not to the extent that he confessed pretty much every bad thing he's ever done in that conversation with Jesse.

Taking that into account now it seems extra weird that he'd make the exact same mistake twice (being baited into a confession). Or do we think the 2nd confession was intentional?

#517 Edited by Timing (619 posts) -

I don't know how much you guys care about this, but last night's episode was watched by 6.4 million people, by far the most of any episode so far.

http://i.imgur.com/LCQLIg3.png

Also it was pretty amazing.

#519 Edited by Aegon (5496 posts) -

@rollingzeppelin said:

@strainedeyes said:

I guess he sort of did but not to the extent that he confessed pretty much every bad thing he's ever done in that conversation with Jesse.

Taking that into account now it seems extra weird that he'd make the exact same mistake twice (being baited into a confession). Or do we think the 2nd confession was intentional?

We know it was 100% intentional. He didn't want his family to take any of the blame. You saw the tears, right?

#520 Posted by cmblasko (1193 posts) -
#521 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

La familia es todo..

#522 Posted by Ghostiet (5250 posts) -

@rollingzeppelin said:

@strainedeyes said:

Of course it was intentional, he's crying and audibly straining himself to sound tough. The sole purpose of that phone call is to take the entire blame so Skyler isn't treated as an acomplice and so she won't be completely shunned by Walt Jr. and Marie. You can actually spot the moment when Skyler realizes what he's doing and decides to play along, and how Walt is visibly relieved that she jumped onto his train of thought.

That's also the purpose of that flashback from the cold open - to set up the series going full circle, from Walt's first lie to the very last.

#523 Posted by Ben_H (3342 posts) -

Hank :(

#524 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3857 posts) -

@ghostiet said:

@rollingzeppelin said:

@strainedeyes said:

Of course it was intentional, he's crying and audibly straining himself to sound tough. The sole purpose of that phone call is to take the entire blame so Skyler isn't treated as an acomplice and so she won't be completely shunned by Walt Jr. and Marie. You can actually spot the moment when Skyler realizes what he's doing and decides to play along, and how Walt is visibly relieved that she jumped onto his train of thought.

That's also the purpose of that flashback from the cold open - to set up the series going full circle, from Walt's first lie to the very last.

Yeah I thought that scene was pretty clear. He was clearing Skyler of any blame, he knew the cops would be there. I just finished and jesus that scene wrecked me. Just wrecked. Watching Walt alternate from putting on the angry bastard voice while breaking down and Skyler trying to play along...goddamnit. That whole episode was just another level. Rian Johnson, the guy who did Looper a bunch of other amazing stuff including the fly episode of BB wrote and directed it. He's incredible, him and the whole cast.

Also yeah I totally think Jessie is gonna kill Walt but not before Walt takes out those Nazi's.

#525 Edited by Butano (1731 posts) -

Wow. That was a fantastic episode! Also, anyone else notice Jesse's face when he was in the meth lab with Todd? Very reminiscent of Gus' face after the explosion in the retirement home...

#526 Posted by Nonused (212 posts) -

"Fly" is overrated. But this...this is not.

Also, fuck cross fades.

#527 Edited by pyromagnestir (4299 posts) -

Fuck.

That is all.

#528 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1565 posts) -

@sunbrozak said:

I agree.

For them to have kept the character alive this long, he's gotta make it out alive, and I don't see Walt and Jesse being buddies again.

At this point, I don't think it's out of the question that both Walt and Jesse (and maybe even other family members) die. Jesse's the closest the show has to a hero at this point, but I think a tragic bloodbath might be where this is all going.

(This show's so unpredictable that I'm fully prepared to be wrong.)

#529 Edited by PollySMPS (222 posts) -

@butano: haha, I mentioned that to a friend at work and they thought I was out of my mind, not really getting how this show is usually clever with its callbacks and such.

#530 Posted by csl316 (8452 posts) -

It's ok, guys. This whole season has just been the dark middle chapter.

Good, triumphant times ahead!!

#531 Edited by Zella (731 posts) -
#532 Posted by NegativeCero (2995 posts) -

I really need to watch this again because I didn't initially get the phone call as being Walt trying to clear Skylar of wrongdoing. I can't believe they killed Hank though. I mean it shouldn't surprise me, but maaaan. Just, "fuck" is my reaction to the last episode.

#533 Posted by Vamino (207 posts) -

@vamino said:

@golguin said:

No, the way Walt was completely devastated after Hank was killed shows that he was trying to do everything in his power just to save the guy, I seriously doubt that he had the time or the clarity of mind to think of how the aftermath would play out. Also, his entire motivation for the entire series was to make that money, it's not something he would give up just to get out of jail. Plus Hank would have another angle to pursue for evidence with Walt's ties to the white supremacists so giving up the money would be pointless in terms of escaping the law.

It's not that I think that was his primary motivation. He wanted to save Hank first and foremost, for sure. I don't think the other stuff was lost on him though. His previous situation had him going to prison and all his money being found and taken. Then it goes to Hank dying but him being free, but the most important thing is Hank not dying. He hoped he could give his money away in exchange for Hank's life, and also keeping him free as that's the only thing they truly had on him.

This stuff was crossing my mind while watching it (though not with as much detail as now). They way they have built up how much of a "mastermind" Walt is, I don't think it'd be such a stretch.

#534 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1361 posts) -
#535 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

#536 Edited by Aegon (5496 posts) -

@jouseldelka: Oh wow, so many references to Gus.

Only two more episodes left. Then no more BB.

#537 Edited by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

@aegon: That's an incredibly depressing notion.

#538 Posted by afabs515 (1019 posts) -

Fuck... poor Jesse. Every time I think he might get a break or that it couldnt get worse, I am proven wrong. Fuck Todd/Jack.

#539 Posted by Genfuyung (232 posts) -

I've watched some incredibly depressing shit in my time but man...this show might beat it all.

#540 Posted by afabs515 (1019 posts) -

Gretchen and Elliot just signed their death warrants

#541 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

Man, that final minute or so with the full theme song playing...perfect. Can't wait for the finale.

#542 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

Gotta say, it was pretty brilliant to signify that Walt is not fucking around anymore by using the series theme. Almost made the theme feel new again.

I don't want this show to end, you guys. :( It's the best show ever.

#543 Edited by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

Everything is going to be so bad in the next episode. Good Lord.

#544 Posted by PollySMPS (222 posts) -

Full series marathon on AMC from Wednesday night through the finale on Sunday. They are REALLY making this feel like a big TV "event."

Feelin' so weird after this episode though. Not quite sure what to think. I guess I'm just here for the ride now.

#545 Posted by Brendan (7768 posts) -

Jesse :'(

#546 Edited by Elwoodan (818 posts) -

Todd is terrifying. Dude can give Jesse ice cream, say 'good night' like he's tucking his kid in, and go total puppy love on Lydia, then gun down a mother in cold blood.

#547 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

I am going to miss the fuck out of this show. Goddammit.

#548 Posted by Milkman (16669 posts) -

I can not even imagine what this final episode is going to be like.

#549 Edited by RecSpec (3803 posts) -

The full theme playing was amazing. Also, I'm going to miss this show.

Edit: I'll be so thrilled if the ricin turns out to be for Gretchen and Elliot.

#550 Posted by Vuud (1959 posts) -

I dunno, the way they were flash forwarding to the M60 in the trunk, Walt getting the ricin from the outlet, if you people think this series ends with Walt becoming Captain Bad-ass and mowing people down I think you're mistaken. Of course we'll find out next week.