• 58 results
Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Moeez

Very enlightening read. I've never really listened to the lyrics for Muse, because I'm sure they're as bad as Killers. I just heard "Resistance" on youtube, and if that's the best, that's bad. It's just generic, like they're just doing a rehash of their own stuff.

I heard Bellamy did this album as a complete joke. Which then doesn't make sense to put out as an actual official release, instead of a B Side? 

Listening to "Muscle Museum" right now for nostalgia, even though not much of a fan.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By FlipperDesert

I like the music somewhat, but I hate hate hate the lyrics. It's all the bullshit of Exo-Politics spread out over an entire album.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Bruce
@Moeez: 

At least The Killers never get preachy.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By Linkyshinks
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I ignored your review a week ago simply because 99% of what the public says about new releases is always negative just because its new and they're not familiar with it, then when it grows on them they're like "yeah i wasnt.. but now im..... yeah! " 
Either way, i wouldnt have read it just yet because i listen to a new album atleast 3 times before making an opinion or listening to what other people have to say.  and i have now.

then just now i was like "what the heck, lets see what bruce has to say, maybe its not just a 'OLDER MUSE IS BETTERZ' rant" , and damn right, your points are great, you express yourself in an appealing way and i agree with pretty much everything you said. the only thing i dislike is our constant demand that everything should be perfect 24/7 ...  
You're right, the focus on the vocals to force us to hear the political garbage is un-fucking-believable, and it saddened me deeply that the element of rock and riffs is pretty much absent, and the music is all queen-ish with too much piano and clapping, still, its always good to listen to the muse boys play and sing, and though this album doesnt deserve 8+ stars like its precedents, its definitely a 4+ star album, not one star or two. 

But overall, for a Muse album (the band that never ceased to amaze me), this is catastrophic and unacceptable

Amorfati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Amorfati
@Bruce: So, you're a repubilcan?

Seriously, your negative feelings towards the album seem to stem from a dislike for the his ideologies.

I don't like politically-minded music in general but  “Rise up and take the power back, it’s time that, the fat cats had a heart attack"  is atleast better than something like "Shut up and go back to work, it's time that, I gave myself another $10 million bonus."

George Orwell is still relevant, not that "Muse" does a good job of representing his ideas.

edit: I take that back. My lyric is better than his.
Ok, how about  “Rise up and take the power back, it’s time that, the fat cats had a heart attack"  is atleast a better message than "Remain indifferent and powerless, time won't change anything, the fat cats will get fatter."
Avatar image for deactivated-5cdd7b7db06d8
deactivated-5cdd7b7db06d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Hehe, I like the review. Entertaining to read. - I must say I don't agree with most of it, but I can see what you mean about the chanting and such.. And yeah I kinda found the lyrics unimaginative and typical in parts, but I still love The Resistance.  

:)

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By xyzygy

Muse did a terrible job of representing Orwell's ideas. You know who did a fantastic job on that though? Radiohead's "2+2=5"!