BSG (newer one) : The Ending - your thoughts (spoilers duh)

JuMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By JuMP

Although really, do I need spoiler tags if it ended over a year ago?

Anyhow, I'm just starting the process of re-watching Battlestar Galactica now that I got it on Blu-Ray. I look forward to see how the series plays in light of the ending, but I'm wondering what everyone thought of it.  I remember reading an interview with Ron Moore after watching the finale where he talked about how the most important thing in doing the finale was focusing on the characters instead of the plot.  While BSG definitely had some very well developed characters, and they also didn't have hundreds of unsolved mysteries ala Lost, there were a a few plot threads that definitely needed to be answered. Specifically, I thought two plot threads needed to be fleshed out more, they were

1) the nature of Starbuck's dis and re appearance
2) the nature of the relationship between Gaius and Six

Otherwise I was happy with the finale, but with those two important mysteries floating around (one since Season 3 and one since Day 1) , I think "unexplained resurrection" and "We're Angels..or something"  aren't really much by way of conclusions.  I've seen on this board some comments about how people stopped after Season 2, but for those who stuck it out, was the ending a complete letdown? Or was it just perhaps unexpected in a good way?

PS: Is "The Plan" worth watching? I thought the whole "Cylons have a plan" plot thread kind of got lost along the way and if it gives a better explanation of what it was, I'd like to watch it.

Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Azrail

i didnt read what u said but 

pretty much worst finale ever, specially considering the show is pretty damn good  

and pretty sure starbuck was supposed to be a guardian angel or w/e you want to call it

pepsicolagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By pepsicolagirl

First of all, I need to say that this was, and still is, 

THE GREATEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE

It was the only video on youtube I could find with this moment when Adama jumps into the atmosphere of New Caprica, releases the birds and then jumps away- without stupid Dido music over the top. 

Now that's out of the way, I will address the actual purpose of this forum. 

I can't believe some people stopped watching after Season 2 - Outrageous. I do think however, that the show took a bit of a turn  at Season 3. It started off fine, and seemed well paced, but then literally in the last two episodes, they not only crammed in Baltar's trial but
they revealed the 'mystery' behind the song that Colonel Tigh and that were hearing i.e. revealing the Final Five... All at once!

Oh! And the Fifth Cylon being Ellen! ....Rubbish. 

I can't be bothered getting into what I thought they should have done, but needless to say I found the whole thing pretty disappointing. 

Anyway, as far as the ending is concerned - It was fun trying to guess which way it was going to end, like whether everyone was a cylon or whatever. I think I had about 5 dfferent theories lol.  But I was hugely interested in how they explained Starbuck and her death, the relationship between Gaius and Six, and  the relationship between Starbuck and  Leoben...

But when it came to the explanation of the aforementioned, it seemed as though they just, forgot...   

One thing I know for certain is that I definitely didn't
theorize that Starbuck was some omnipotent being and that she would just DISAPPEAR at the end!

Unortunately though, after Season 3, my expectations and faith in the writers had significantly decreased, so at the end of the day, I was happy enough to essentially just get an ending.  
I thought the way they handled the death of Laura was nice, but I don't think they all should have just split up, never to see each other again.

But I'd really like to watch it again. Maybe things will make more sense? 
HawkSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By HawkSE

I have watched the series twice over, starting a third watch and it still gives me chills as the seasons go on. I think there's a lot to love here, and a lot to think about and just ponder with no real answer to.