#1 Posted by pharmacyst (7 posts) -

Will post pics of final endeavor, but I was wanting to know if anyone knew of some good pc build pranks I could pull on him while doing it?

#2 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Spread peanut butter on his chip.

#3 Posted by tobygw (579 posts) -

Before you give it back to him, take a screenshot of his background and then set it as his background. Then hide all the icons and the toolbar so that when he clicks them, they are just from the screenshot and not the actual thing.  

Then charge him a million dollars to fix it and give half to me.

#4 Edited by Sanryd (1362 posts) -

If you're anything like me, you have tons of old parts lying around in boxes, etc. If he knows how important the processor is, get an old one and then break it in half or something to make him think it's the new one XD 

Not sure how exactly you guys are doing it, but that's the only thing I could think of off the top of my head since CPUs have always pretty much looked the same so it'd be hard to tell them apart if you didn't know that much about them.

#5 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@tobygw said:
" Before you give it back to him, take a screenshot of his background and then set it as his background. Then hide all the icons and the toolbar so that when he clicks them, they are just from the screenshot and not the actual thing.   Then charge him a million dollars to fix it and give half to me. "
i like this one man. it sounds pretty funny to see someone do that. it's never happened to me before. 

also another thing you can do is take a piece of paper onto the mouse to cover the laser. he will move it and  not see the cursor moving.
#6 Posted by Khann (2783 posts) -
iam3green said:
"  it sounds pretty funny to see someone do that. it's never happened to me before. "
lol
#7 Posted by Skytylz (4029 posts) -
@iam3green said:
" @tobygw said:
" Before you give it back to him, take a screenshot of his background and then set it as his background. Then hide all the icons and the toolbar so that when he clicks them, they are just from the screenshot and not the actual thing.   Then charge him a million dollars to fix it and give half to me. "
i like this one man. it sounds pretty funny to see someone do that. it's never happened to me before.   also another thing you can do is take a piece of paper onto the mouse to cover the laser. he will move it and  not see the cursor moving. "  
He needs to rotate the screen upside down and then the screenshot so it looks normal and everything is inverted.  
#8 Posted by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -

Don't plug in both of the moterboard power plugs and then act like you have no idea what is wrong? That's what I did (totally on purpose) when helping a friend with his build.

#9 Posted by Korwin (2828 posts) -

Reverse his mouse buttons to lefty mode then tell him he has a virus. 

#10 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Cannot wait to see. 
#11 Posted by cjmabry (485 posts) -

1.Pour water into PC case.  
2.Wait for him to turn on PC. 
3.????????? 
4.PROFIT 

Or make some batch file that opens up tons of windows saying his processor is overheating or something. Change the icon to something like his internet browser so when he clicks on it it'll open up tons of windows. 

#12 Edited by SamSharp505 (210 posts) -
@tdk08 said:

" If you're anything like me, you have tons of old parts lying around in boxes, etc. If he knows how important the processor is, get an old one and then break it in half or something to make him think it's the new one XD  Not sure how exactly you guys are doing it, but that's the only thing I could think of off the top of my head since CPUs have always pretty much looked the same so it'd be hard to tell them apart if you didn't know that much about them. "

Did the processor thing recently :D 
I pushed a screwdriver into an old processor and like destroyed the pins then pretended I had just got it from the pack when I was helping him build 
his face was priceless but I felt bad, he thought £140 had just gone haha :D 
and yeah the paper on the mouse one is funny, by accident in one of my mates builds i put the dvd drive in upside down and inbetween 2 rails without noticing somehow, he was well confused when he tried putting a disk in...i was too like, but was funny :D
#13 Posted by dudeglove (7686 posts) -

Take a printscreen of the desktop with all the icons, then remove all the icons and just have that screengrab as the background.