DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

On y va!

• Finished Call of Duty: World at War on co-op mode with the lovely Ms Cortana and another member of the MGU last night.  I'll go back and finish the single player aspect now, but I'll always be open for some more co-op.  It's Call of Duty all right, but bigger, more epic and much more violent.  You know what, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
  • Finished the DX portion of Triple H's Road to WrestleMania.  I discovered yesterday that you need to do both the DX and the Evolution portion of his story to unlock the achievement.  Since I've seen enough of The Game for now, I jumped into Undertaker's Road.  I am loving this game.  A very big step up from previous entries in the series and, dare I say it, the best one since Here Comes The Pain.
  • Started up Gears of War 2 on Insane with Mr ArtG yesterday.  Good Lord is it tough!  I'm pretty sure it's harder than the first game's Insane mode, because I don't remember having this many problems with it.
  • I am loving the New XBox Experience.  Took me a little while to get accustomed to it, but it's a huge step up from what the previous dashboard was.  I have the Gears of War 2 theme, so it'll be really cool to see everybody's avatars standing besides vehicles and landmarks from the game when the NXE launches Wednesday.  Sadly, we don't have Netflix here in Canada, so I can't test that functionality out.  However, we do have the streaming movies, so that's cool.
  • I'm still on the fence about Left 4 Dead.  The game looks cool and all, but I don't want to find myself playing it alone, because it wasn't really designed to be played alone.  Another thing, do I get it on the PC or the 360?  So many questions...
  • Lips is another game I'm really interested in, especially with the Holidays coming up and all of the parties I'll be going to.  Then there's Fallout 3... and MGS 4... GUD LARD HALP MEH!
  • That is all.
DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By DBoy

On y va!

• Finished Call of Duty: World at War on co-op mode with the lovely Ms Cortana and another member of the MGU last night.  I'll go back and finish the single player aspect now, but I'll always be open for some more co-op.  It's Call of Duty all right, but bigger, more epic and much more violent.  You know what, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
  • Finished the DX portion of Triple H's Road to WrestleMania.  I discovered yesterday that you need to do both the DX and the Evolution portion of his story to unlock the achievement.  Since I've seen enough of The Game for now, I jumped into Undertaker's Road.  I am loving this game.  A very big step up from previous entries in the series and, dare I say it, the best one since Here Comes The Pain.
  • Started up Gears of War 2 on Insane with Mr ArtG yesterday.  Good Lord is it tough!  I'm pretty sure it's harder than the first game's Insane mode, because I don't remember having this many problems with it.
  • I am loving the New XBox Experience.  Took me a little while to get accustomed to it, but it's a huge step up from what the previous dashboard was.  I have the Gears of War 2 theme, so it'll be really cool to see everybody's avatars standing besides vehicles and landmarks from the game when the NXE launches Wednesday.  Sadly, we don't have Netflix here in Canada, so I can't test that functionality out.  However, we do have the streaming movies, so that's cool.
  • I'm still on the fence about Left 4 Dead.  The game looks cool and all, but I don't want to find myself playing it alone, because it wasn't really designed to be played alone.  Another thing, do I get it on the PC or the 360?  So many questions...
  • Lips is another game I'm really interested in, especially with the Holidays coming up and all of the parties I'll be going to.  Then there's Fallout 3... and MGS 4... GUD LARD HALP MEH!
  • That is all.
Rezzolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Rezzolution

I'll be getting Left 4 Dead for sure so we can play together if you want. I decided i'm gonna get it on xbox 360 even though it would prolly look/play a lot better on my PC. But since it's a game to play with friends, I think 360 is the way to go.

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Stealthoneill

Left 4 Dead looks kinda ok.. The GB video of play looked ok but didnt really explain a lot. I think it will depend on the friends that decide to play it, yes you can play with strangers but playing through a campaign on coop is so much better with friends.

Reading your blogs im looking in to getting the new WWE game, I have 2008 and that completely put me off the series because it was just another resurgence of the past 5 years. Hear comes the pain was amazing and they havent been able to recreate the magic that was there, sounds like they have given it a damn good try on this outing though!
stevieq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By stevieq

No Netflix in Canada?

Dang. That was gonna be cool. Hopefully they'll change that

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Brandy

Glad to hear that the new WWE game is so fun - I know how much previous ones disappointed you, so yay for a good game finally!

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Quadrifoglio

Call of Duty: World at War is a game that I'm keeping a close eye on. I want it pretty badly.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the point where you choose to go with DX or Evolution, I saved two a new slot (you get 5 slots). That way, I don't have to start over. Just got to hold up the patience on Insane for Gears of War 2. Take it slow, don't risk taking the chances you would on a lower difficulty.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By gearhead

I think the last two games I will be getting are Mirrors Edge and Banjo Kazzoie Nuts and Bolts. I will keep an eye on the reviews for Prince of Persia, a game that I am looking at with a keen eye. And Luke, you, me, some Lancers, and insane!

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By MsCortana

I will say that Insane mode in Gears 2 is not consistent.  In some portions it's relatively easy and in others it's Call of Duty 2 hard.  Look forward to gaming with you again in the future Dennis.  We definitely had a good time. :D

temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By temperedvortex
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By lordofultima

Left 4 Dead looks AWESOME. I'm definitely getting it. I hope others are too. (360)

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got to Okinawa on normal difficulty and have this to say: CoD5 has the cheapest deaths ever. I will literally die in cover with no explanation given. No grenades, no bullets, just death. I broke my cell phone screen over it.

Torb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Torb

Can't wait to have NXE myself!
As for L4D, I'll probly rent it myself. Like you, I'm afraid of not being able to play it in coop x.x

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AndyWilliams24

What's with all this talk about MGS4? You have a PS3 now? Have I missed something? :O

McBain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By McBain

I'm probably planning to get Left 4 Dead, so I'll definitely play with you. However, I'm still deciding between the 360 or PC version myself. 

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By brukaoru

I actually think Insane mode in Gears 2 is easier, but that could be because of my profound hate for the Junker/Kryll scene from the first game which was friggen' difficult.

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ElectricHaggis

I'm in the same position with Left 4 Dead, it looks awesome, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get a group together to play it. 

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By darro

I thought 2006 was good but the outdated roster was what kind of ruined it.  But it is a great game and much better than last year's edition.