Burgled

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ce833c02d5
deactivated-5a4ce833c02d5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My house was broken into whilst i was at work today. 

360, PS3, 40 games, 18 blu-rays,  Mac Pro, Dr Dre Beats, iPod Touch+Dock, vacation money box, fathers signet ring, 6 bottles of The Glenlivet single malt whisky.........all gone.
Completely gutted.

The weather in the UK has turned warm,  tea leaves can fit through insanely small windows so keep them shut when your not in-house!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My house was broken into whilst i was at work today. 

360, PS3, 40 games, 18 blu-rays,  Mac Pro, Dr Dre Beats, iPod Touch+Dock, vacation money box, fathers signet ring, 6 bottles of The Glenlivet single malt whisky.........all gone.
Completely gutted.

The weather in the UK has turned warm,  tea leaves can fit through insanely small windows so keep them shut when your not in-house!
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By beej
@V9EDD: That really sucks. Sorry. What's with the tea leaves thing? Is that some sort of British slang?
Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Contro

@V9EDD: 

That's fucked up, I can only imagine how traumatic this must be. What have the old bill said, and whereabouts are you based?. Do you get a lot of burglaries in your area?

I hope they catch the fucker, but it's unlikely they will, if you were at work and he could afford the time to be careful.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

My condolences, I bet that whiskey was delicious.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AlexW00d
@beej said:
" @V9EDD: That really sucks. Sorry. What's with the tea leaves thing? Is that some sort of British slang? "
If it is, I've never heard it.
Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Nomin
I am very sorry about this, don't know what I'd do if that were to happen to me. I'd go out of the house and likely punch the first person I'd see. 

Fuck this shit, get the Police on the goons. Maybe you got insurance to write off such loss.
jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jking47

fuck that sucks. 

how the hell do you get all that shit out of a house with no one noticing?
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By ReyGitano
@V9EDD: Sorry to hear the news man. I hope whoever broke into your house drowns in that Whiskey. I'd be absolutely raging if I were you.
Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

Tea leaves = thieves?

niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By niall_sg1

That sucks :(. Hope you have insurance. 

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By sparklykiss

That's pretty awful. Hopefully it wasn't someone you know who was jealous that you had those things. I have a cousin who was robbed recently and we knew who it was that did it. Made it that much more frustrating.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Contro
@Kung_Fu_Viking said:
" Tea leaves = thieves? "

Yea it's old cockney, deriving from Tea leaf - thief. Fuck knows why he's accustomed to using it when he's from Bradford...
yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By yakov456

Damn that is not good. Insurance? Anybody you know that took an interest in all the cool stuff you had?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The police have been brilliant, they responded within an hour of my call and the crime scene investigation team have just left. Good news is they have found fingerprints at the 'entrance point' it appears the thief (tea leaf) was either a girl or a lad wearing UK size 4 Adidas shoes, they took a soft suitcase from inside the house, passed it through the window, then went in and out apparently carrying individual items and packed the case out of sight in the walled garden, in total the police estimate they were in the house for 35 mins and looked through every draw and cupboard...they stole my penny jar which must have had £1 at most and a packet of biscuits from the kitchen cupboard!

The ironic thing about all this is i am due to move out next week, i have lived in the area for 6 years and yet never experienced any trouble of this nature.
I work hard 5 days a week, i earn to afford what i deserve, the uninvited guest who visited my home today deserves none of what he left with.
Angry but hopeful that the prints will lead to a conviction even if the stuff is a right off. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Contro: Born and bred in Putney, London. Moved up here 11 years ago to attend Leeds University, joined a band, stayed..
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By swamplord666

I'm just shocked that they took so much... yet neighbours never called the police with this obviously fishy behaviour? Anyway i hope you get all your stuff back

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Contro
@V9EDD: 

Right, that explains it. I'm North London born and bred, Little Venice, ( near Edgware Road on the Bakerloo Line). But I'm an Eastender at heart, I lived in Whitechapel for a long time..

Really sorry to hear about your shit.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

That's terrible, the kind of people who pull that sort of thing are scum. Glad to hear the police have been so helpful, I hope they can track down the thieves.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Yeah man, that sucks. I hope you were insured or, if not, your stuff gets found. Fuck, there's no way I could afford to replace my shit if it got stolen, I should probably get house and contents insurance.