AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld2008942565_spain29.html
This is a link to a Los Angeles Times news story that can also be found on CNN. A high profile spanish judge has ordered an investigation on the military prison at Guantanamo Bay and the treatment of the prisoners detained there.

In related news, senior government officials have reported that torture did not yield significant results, most notably when used on suspected ranking Al-Qaida officials. The following link is to a Washington Post article.
cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By cloneslayer

Sigh....

thats all.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgentJ
Cloneslayer said:
"Sigh.... thats all."
Yeah, thats what out world has come to... Foreign governments investigating members of the most powerful country in the world for war crimes. You'd think that we'd know better than this.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Snipzor

Good? I don't know, I do know that a ton of people want this to happen, but are angry that it wasn't their judges who are investigating. Feh, I don't care, there are more important things going on in this world. Like the NK Missile Crisis and the world recession.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ
Snipzor said:
"Good? I don't know, I do know that a ton of people want this to happen, but are angry that it wasn't their judges who are investigating. Feh, I don't care, there are more important things going on in this world. Like the NK Missile Crisis and the world recession."
true dat. I wonder how this is affecting the third world countries like Peru, which even during economic prosperity was in dire straights compared to what America is in right now.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By vidiot

/Bets money that Cheney will die from a heart attack before he will ever take the stand.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentJ
vidiot said:
"/Bets money that Cheney will die from a heart attack before he will ever take the stand. "
Are we betting FOR him dying or AGAINST? I'll bet against, since he seems to recieve sustinance from the tears of small children.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By iamjohn

Couldn't have happened to a nicer administration.  If only the probe was coming from us instead of an outside source.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, wouldn't it make more sense if the UN was holding this trial or something? The last I heard of Spain were the Madrid subway bombings.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Suicrat

This is all part and parcel of the U.S. being the biggest player (and funder) at the U.N., but refusing to submit to the ICC. If America did ratify the ICC's jurisdiction in the United States, 100s of 'decorated war heroes' from as far back as the Korean War would potentially be indicted.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
Video_Game_King said:
"Wait, wouldn't it make more sense if the UN was holding this trial or something? The last I heard of Spain were the Madrid subway bombings."
A few Spanish nationals were held at Guantanamo, which, according to the judge that ruled on the issue, gives Spain the right to pursue justice.
Suicrat said:
"This is all part and parcel of the U.S. being the biggest player (and funder) at the U.N., but refusing to submit to the ICC. If America did ratify the ICC's jurisdiction in the United States, 100s of 'decorated war heroes' from as far back as the Korean War would potentially be indicted."
Wouldnt their statute of limitations be up? Or does world law work differently?
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By vidiot
AgentJ said:
"vidiot said:
"/Bets money that Cheney will die from a heart attack before he will ever take the stand. "
Are we betting FOR him dying or AGAINST? I'll bet against, since he seems to recieve sustinance from the tears of small children.
"
He's waiting for the opportune time. For those of you who wish to counter this argument with, "you don't have any physical control of a natural heart failure" , let me remind you that you can use the dark side of the force to do harm to yourself. We are talking about a Sith Lord here with connections to vampires and Cthulhu.
Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Colonel_Cool

Oh those poor Al-Qaeda terrorists. Let's punish the people who set up the prison, and let the terrorists go back and kill more civilians.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Suicrat

The International Criminal Court is still hunting former Nazi War Crimes suspects, so no, their statute of limitations hasn't gotten in the way.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King
Suicrat said:
"The International Criminal Court is still hunting former Nazi War Crimes suspects, so no, their statute of limitations hasn't gotten in the way."
Wait...

Wikipedia said:
The court came into being on 1 July 2002...and it can only prosecute crimes committed on or after that date.
Something's wrong here...
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Snipzor
Colonel_Cool said:
"Oh those poor Al-Qaeda terrorists. Let's punish the people who set up the prison, and let the terrorists go back and kill more civilians."
What of the many who are in Guantanamo Bay who haven't committed any crimes, even when evidence has proven they have done nothing.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Suicrat

Then I'm misinformed. I know a criminal court of no one nation's jurisdiction is still hunting Nazi War Crimes suspects.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgentJ
Colonel_Cool said:
"Oh those poor Al-Qaeda terrorists. Let's punish the people who set up the prison, and let the terrorists go back and kill more civilians."
I didn't want to get into my actual beliefs on this subject, but this comment forced my hand. Tell me, how many of those Terrorists have been convicted of a crime? If they are so guilty, then why don't we hold them in an American prison, and you know, actually follow the CONSTITUTION and grant them a fair trial, and all those other things we deny them in Cuba.
Suicrat said:
"The International Criminal Court is still hunting former Nazi War Crimes suspects, so no, their statute of limitations hasn't gotten in the way."
I wonder how that all works. What the rules are and such.
Suicrat said:
"Then I'm misinformed. I know a criminal court of no one nation's jurisdiction is still hunting Nazi War Crimes suspects."
Oh, right, but that court was formed for the sole purpose of hunting down Nazi War Criminals. I remember reading about that at the Holocaust Museum(?).

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By PercyChuggs

Spanish judge? Yawn.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgentJ
vidiot said:

He looks even more Dr.Evil when he gets in his wheelchair
He looks even more Dr.Evil when he gets in his wheelchair

No Caption Provided

He wishes
He wishes

Wow, Cheney and Clinton look so much alike!
Wow, Cheney and Clinton look so much alike!

HE GIVES THAT FACE TO EVERYBODY!
HE GIVES THAT FACE TO EVERYBODY!

No Caption Provided

I would play this game, though i'd hate to tell anyone i play it.
I would play this game, though i'd hate to tell anyone i play it. "Wanna go play some DICK HUNT?"

And there he is. Dr Evil in the flesh. Que the Darth Vader theme and give him a fluffy white cat.
And there he is. Dr Evil in the flesh. Que the Darth Vader theme and give him a fluffy white cat.

Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Civraz

Karma?