BYOB Party. What should I bring?

• 54 results
AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I'm going to a party this upcoming Saturday and it is BYOB. And I'm not entirely sure on what I should bring as I'm not much of a beer drinker. I know I want to drink at the party and get somewhat inebriated, but am unsure on what the best alcohol for the job could be. Could you duders help me out? What would you recommend?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Bombs.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Get some ciders. Strongbow is my drink of choice, but it may be a little too stiff if you're young and don't drink a lot (which I'm assuming is the case). Blackthorn cider is my next go-to and it's a bit sweeter.

If you want an actual beer, you can drink Corona Extra. Doesn't taste like much and goes down easy, but it's not as diluted and pissy as Bud or other beer of that ilk. I'll recommend you away from anything too dark, though.

The Gerstmann way of drinking vodka always works, too, just do two shots in a solo cup and fill the rest with OJ. A couple of those will get you pretty good. Just stay away from doing straight shots of any hard liquor, again, if you're young and don't drink a lot. Dan's way of ruining drinks with shitty beverages works too. A rum and coke is always tasty. Be careful when you mix, though, it's easy to accidentally drink six or seven in an hour and be in a bad spot later on.

Anyway, drinking to get drunk, that's my recommendation. Just don't be an idiot about it and stop if you need to. Sucks to lose the later half of a night to puking and passing out. You want to have a good time and remember it, not wake up in your own shit. Try not to have any more than 4-6 drinks, or 3 mixed ones if you're doing double shots when you make them.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Pssh it's all about BYOBB parties

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of person throws a party with no booze?

There will be booze, but in a limited quantity. A lot of people plan on going so whatever beer is at this house party would be consumed in mere minutes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

If you're looking for some nicer, expensive beer, Old Rasputin is wonderful. Blue Moon is a great, cheaper beer, but make sure you have some orange slices to throw in there. If you want something a little different, Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer is great over ice with a lime or lemon slice. If you want to get drunk and like a really bitter taste, try Stone IPA. Over 8% alc content. I would go to TotalWine or BevMo's website and filter by critic ratings then find the type of beer you like the most.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By veektarius

Cider is a good option, though to my taste it's a bit sweet to go past two bottles. Smirnoff Ice and Mike's are still reliable options. Bud Lite Lime and its flavors, perhaps.

peakborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This feels like lame advice but do you have a particular preference to anything? Because that's what I'd take.

I've taken packs of cider to (generally half) bottles of spirits and drunk at my own pace as I needed be, context sensitive like *hic*, while sharing with folks. The only thing I like to drink but haven't taken to a party is a fortified wine, probably a Port, because I'd have to decant that shit and let it breathe and who has time for that.

djn3811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By djn3811
GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_nubster: Strongbow is awesome! The local irish pub has it on tap and they serve "Bluebows" where they mix Blue Moon and Strongbow. Tastes like a dreamsicle

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@acidbrandon18: If you're not much of beer drinker, I recommend bringing cider. It's easy to drink, it gets you drunk and lady's like it also. It's easy to start a conversation if some chick goes, " ew I can't stand the taste of beer," you can offer an alternative that is slower than liqueur.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just bring a steak and look confused when people look at you strange.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not much of a beer drinker either but Cider is pretty nice so I recommend that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Some fine scotch and a bottle of Coke.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gvalo said:

@the_nubster: Strongbow is awesome! The local irish pub has it on tap and they serve "Bluebows" where they mix Blue Moon and Strongbow. Tastes like a dreamsicle

Yeah, Strongbow lacks the awful bloat that beer causes me, and it's a much friendlier taste, but still not sweet enough to make me feel bad in the middle of the night. I think my nearest beer store sells Blue Moon, I might have to grab some and try that out. Do you have any idea the ratio of each? Generally half and half, or more of one?

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking as a guy who doesn't enjoy a lot of beer, I recommend Newcastle Brown.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Its like you're trying to make an enemy for life.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Akyho

@brians said:

Speaking as a guy who doesn't enjoy a lot of beer, I recommend Newcastle Brown.

That is an Ale, I like Newcastle Brown Ale as is quite smooth with a crisp taste. In Scotland it is known as Newkie Broon.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By defaultprophet

Bring whatever you like.

Also jagermeister. Bring jagermeister

Welp I know what I'm doing next time I go to the store. But Shocktop instead of Moon cause Coors is a shitty company but meh

@gvalo said:

TheGanjaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not exactly sure of your own local traditions and standards, but in The Great Neo-Ganja Empire it is traditional to bring a nice Jazz Cigarette, or if you can swing it, a fine Dutch.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Bring a lambic, raspberry if you can find it. It's good for people that don't like to drink.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PimblyCharles

Gin, because it goes good with everything. If you're not much a beer drinker, it may taste better depending on what you mix it with.

If beer it is, I recommend a dark ale, maybe something from Lake Placid brewery.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@shindig said:

@humanity said:

Its like you're trying to make an enemy for life.

Alternatively you can just pour the Coke already into the scotch bottle??

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cider is a good option, though to my taste it's a bit sweet to go past two bottles. Smirnoff Ice and Mike's are still reliable options. Bud Lite Lime and its flavors, perhaps.

Please, for the love of god, do not bring Smirnoff Ice or Mike's to your party.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If you have to ask, then bring a bucket and an apology letter.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of person throws a party with no booze?

I would, I hate drunk people!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Milkman

Well, do you like? For someone who doesn't drink a lot, some middle of the road vodka and a mixer of choice is pretty easy to get drunk off of.

If you want to abandon all self-respect, you could go for some Smirnoff Ices or Mike's or something like that. But prepare to be shunned.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jars of piss.

That would be pretty funny.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

Dude just bring Mike's. Who cares. Anyone that would actually like, make fun of you for drinking that, they suck. Your argument is Mike's taste good, beer tastes like butt juice

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

If you're planning on sharing, a 12 pack of something like Sam Adams (Fat Tire if you're feeling froggy) should go over just fine.

Less generic than something like Bud or Coors, but not so fanciful as to put more middle-of-the-road drinkers off.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well aint the point of byob that you bring and drink your own booze. so just bring what ever you want to drink. i mean if your not much of a beer drinker then dont bring beer. take some vodka or barcadi and a big soda of what you want or what ever.
if the point of this byob is that you bring booze and everyone shares everyone's booze (and that sounds like a cheapskate and horrible idea) then just bring something again like vodka or what ever. it can go along with a lot of things and it can last somewhat longer then an equal amount of beer. but basically bring what you like

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By veektarius

@player1 said:

@veektarius said:

Please, for the love of god, do not bring Smirnoff Ice or Mike's to your party.

The dude doesn't like beer. Those are drinks for people who don't want to acquire a taste for things and are cheaper than bringing hard liquor.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GValo

@the_nubster: I think it's half and half. I'll have to stop in this weekend and get one to find out.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gvalo: If you can remember for random internet stranger, shoot me a PM when you find out. Otherwise I'll just be over here, haphazardly throwing alcoholic liquids together...

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is nobody saying tequila?! Bring a six pack of beer for yourself, and a bottle of tequila for everybody. Great "somewhat inebriated" times guaranteed.

kidzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kidzombie

Some Stella Artois and some Sierra Nevada also is good.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@djn3811 said:

@ripelivejam: What's that extra B for? It's a typo.

Booty Bass. He's bringing his old tapes of 95 South, Quad City DJs and DJ Magic Mike.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

This guy. One part of this and two parts coke. It's all you need.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acidbrandon18: Some applerita's and mix it with a little over a shot of hennessy each glass....wait you said you wanted to get somewhat inebriated nevermind.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#43  Edited By Slag
No Caption Provided

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By TheHT

A nice casserole.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) A 24 pack of cheap beer (like Bud Light).
2) A stack of red cups.
3) Couple of ping pong balls.
4) Play Rage Cage:

Loading Video...

5) Get drunk.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

Jello shots. Nothing brings out the most excellent of conversations about politics, feminism, games, etc. like 151 mixed in some orange jello.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bring apple cider then sort of hide it behind the conventional stuff and drink it all yourself

or bring watermelon slices soaked in vodka if you wanna spread some deseases

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most often I'll bring some, liquor, most frequently Captain Morgan's, generally I roll with 26ers (750ml, I think you call them fifths in the US) sometimes I'll roll with a mickey (375ml, a handle?) and a 6 pack of Molson Canadian, and other times I go with a 12 pack of Canadian. It really comes down to what I think the party will be like. If I know it's going to be a lot of pong and flip cup then beer is more likely.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By crithon

You know, upon personal experiences.... the more mixed drinks there's a good chance someone is gonna puke. I just had a party went from Wine to beer to champagne in just modest ammounts and I still ended up kneeling by the toilet. Like if only one person brought over a nice bottle aged of sipping whiskey to share, that is okay. Like some Jameson (chilled is the best) or Johnny Walker is good whiskey to share, like get a nice group sharing together in a circle and that would work out just fine.

Or simply bring a six pack of pale ale to share is fine enough also, like I said too much mixing around might make a mess.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

get a bottle of fernet, and some coke