• 98 results
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ninjakiller

I saw it tonight and it was amazing. The less you know about it going in the better.

Not so much of a spoiler, but the less said the better below.

I was just sitting there wtf'ing the first 3/4s of the film, the payoff was totally worth it.
kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By kraznor

This movie is to horror films what "Unforgiven" was to Westerns.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Just saw it.. While the movie is legitimately funny, the twist is smart and the last 20 minutes are full of good satisfying action, I feel the movie as a whole is simply sub-par. And the Assassin's Creed 2 ending was just kinda meh.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By SSully

@AhmadMetallic: Are you comparing Cabin in the Woods and AC2's ending's, or are you randomly saying that AC2 was meh? For the record AC2 had an extremely meh ending.

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Butler

The Unicorn!

I just loved it so, so, so much. After the movie ended I ran up to the screen and high fived it.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheHumanDove

This movie is fucking awesome. 5/5

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By Vinny_Says

What is the closest comparison in terms of other horror movies? I kind of want to see it now....

Keeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Keeyez

@Vinny_Says: I honestly don't think there is one. It's unique.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@Vinny_Says: Evil Dead maybe? I wouldn't really say it is scary, but i wouldn't call it a parody either.

just go see it duder.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jay444111

Guys... I return from Cabin in the woods... the previews may have sucked in terms of movies and the movie Safe looks like a rip off of Yakuza video game. But Cabin in the woods, had me regain my faith in movies once more... wow... just... wow.

Remember, this is coming from Jay444111! The movie hater! If you care about movies as a fucking medium you go out right fucking now and watch this movie and bring as many fucking people as you can!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, I still don't like a great deal of movies. But this... was one of the ones that I can and will be proud to say that I own one day on DVD. That I can say for a one hundred and ten percent part of my BEING!!!

I want to discuss spoilers... badly... it reminded me very deeply of a very certain video game franchise actually... I wish to spoil yet I will be yelled at for it!!!!!

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By TheFreeMan

"Let's get this party started."

I had the stupidest grin.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@SSully said:

@AhmadMetallic: Are you comparing Cabin in the Woods and AC2's ending's, or are you randomly saying that AC2 was meh? For the record AC2 had an extremely meh ending.

I'm saying they pulled an AC2 ending which is a meh thing to do!
leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By leebmx

Anyone think the people who made it must have played

....I know thats probably not much of a leap....

but the bit when get out of the life into the facility and they are spoken too over the tannoy by a female voice totally reminded me of Portal. As did the whole set up of the film really.

EDIT: p.s. that's a some bad shit over on screened...guess there is really no reason to visit that site anymore

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By MayorFeedback

I pretty much dislike anything Joss Whedon and I LOVED THIS MOVIE. It was great.

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By MayorFeedback

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Abyssfull said:

Anyone read the screened review for it? Nasty stuff... by which I mean the review, not the comments. The reaction is totally just, and it's frankly kinda depressing to see what that site has devolved into. It needs to have a face people can resonate with, someone who can represent the site a little more than with a load of text.

And holy shit, there's like 50 links in that one review. And a link at the end that takes you to another fucking website, as if to say 'get away from Screened and meet us over here'.

Oh my god. I haven't been to Screened in a couple weeks and WOW. I know it's not going to be the same without Rorie's personality but... holy crap that site went downhill. That's really sad.

mbdoeden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By mbdoeden
This was great fun and money well spent. I'd actually compare it to Kevin Smith and what he did with Red State, although, much more tongue-in-cheek. It made me think the film was a love letter to the genre as much as it was a critique. No, fuck that, I wouldn't even say it was a critique/love letter to the genre. The movie was a critique/love letter to film cliches in general.

Honestly, if you didn't have fun with this movie then you need to take off your thinking cap and shove it up your ass.
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#67  Edited By musubi

Why is anyone caring about this? I dunno I just can't take horror movies seriously at all. They all seem like a gigantic waste of time.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheFreeMan

@Demoskinos said:

Why is anyone caring about this? I dunno I just can't take horror movies seriously at all. They all seem like a gigantic waste of time.

Because this movie agrees with you.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By landon

@Demoskinos said:

It's not much of a horror movie besides the gore and a few obvious jump scares. It's actually really funny. Though, since you seem to hate all horror you might not get much out of it. The movie is a masterpiece though.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it was surprisingly good and the last act was bat-shit crazy.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By mazik765

This movie was great. Saw it twice, and cannot recommend it enough.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#72  Edited By fox01313

Had zero expectations on this one & was quite surprised by it. Just loved the Hitchcock level of suspense by introducing the other things going on at the front of the film then let it go. Writing is quite good, funny at times plus one of the few movies in the last year that I've seen which I'd want to see again as well as buy the dvd. Highly recommended.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By CaptainCharisma

Loved this movie! Not much of a horror movie fan so I didn't catch many references but this is still one of the best movies I've seen.

Avatar image for redcricketchase
RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By RedCricketChase

I dug the shit out of it as well! Also, I didn't realize the guy who played the most annoying character on Dollhouse was one of the leads in this, but he was shockingly endearing and fun to watch. 95 thumbs up out of 100.

Oh, and the last shot of the movie isn't gonna leave my brain any time soon. So god-damned fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to agree; it was beautiful. That third act was......I don't even know.

Darkenmal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Darkenmal

@Jay444111: 90's maybe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I avoided all the trailers and watched it because it said Joss Whedon. I wasn't disappointed. The less you know, the better.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I came into this movie free of spoilers, and as a fan of every genre of horror out there I didn't really think it was anything phenomenal, just good.

I get it. I got 100% of the pokes, the gags, and the intentional ribbing. However, I felt that everything was too obvious in the movie, and I was really hoping for something as genre-bending as people are screaming about. What I got was a movie doing obvious things that any horror fan should be very well aware of and that they're making fun of the whole concept with the Ancient Ones nonsense and the whole complex. Yeah the jokes were funny, but this is just taking what people in movie theaters say and transposing it to the screen and putting in metaphors and references on top of gags.

Maybe that's the cynic in me, but this is just taking what someone like me will say at shit like Wrong Turn 4 and layering very thinly veiled jokes over it (har har, thinly veiled, just like in horror movies...). Maybe it will be something to grow on me, but this is sure as shit not the modern day Evil Dead 2.
manicraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By manicraider

Are there any supernatural elements to this film? I prefer my horror films with a bit of realism which is why I stick with slashers.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@manicraider said:

Are there any supernatural elements to this film? I prefer my horror films with a bit of realism which is why I stick with slashers.

There are a lot of super natural elements.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BraveToaster

I finally rented it and it's good. The comedic scenes weren't bad either.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ShaggE
SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@ShaggE said:

It wasn't the mind-blower that I was lead to believe it would be, but I loved it all the same.

Also, keep an eye out for a quick cameo by the Tank and Boomer in the

The boomer was my first thought when I saw this thread. The tank you can barely makeout, but the Boomer is there clear as day.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ShaggE

@SomeDeliCook: Yeah, when I heard about/saw the screen of the Tank, I didn't think much of it, figuring it was just a generic hulking beast that people were misidentifying, but then I saw the Boomer, and grinned like a... grinning person.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@ShaggE said:

@SomeDeliCook: Yeah, when I heard about/saw the screen of the Tank, I didn't think much of it, figuring it was just a generic hulking beast that people were misidentifying, but then I saw the Boomer, and grinned like a... grinning person.

The Witch is also apparently in there too, but I haven't seen it

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Roger778

It's probably the most original horror movie I've seen in years. It's a Slasher film, a science-fiction film, and a comedy all in one. Also, it's absolutely the goriest movie I've seen lately. I think Cabin in the Woods is the sleeper hit of the year.

I also hope Chris Hemsworth's other movie that was delayed till this year, Red Dawn, is good.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BraveToaster

@Roger778 said:

I also hope Chris Hemsworth's other movie that was delayed till this year, Red Dawn, is good.

I don't know, man, it doesn't look too promising from what was shown in the trailers.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I can never take any horror film seriously ever again.

From now on when I watch one, i'll think the victims are being played by The Powers That Be in order to stop the God of Destruction from attacking.

_Mattallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#89  Edited By _Mattallica

Amazing film. Last 20 minutes are so good.

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By brandino

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

From now on when I watch one, i'll think the victims are being played by The Powers That Be in order to stop the God of Destruction from attacking.

I thought it was brilliant the way they made it look like all the shit we see in horror movies is just a game made up by these people to please the gods. Also Fran Kranz deserves more roles.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Brandino said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I thought it was brilliant the way they made it look like all the shit we see in horror movies is just a game made up by these people to please the gods. Also Fran Kranz deserves more roles.

Yeah me too, but this is going to be in my mind every time I watch a horror film now lol. Fran Kranz was pretty dope.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By dichemstys

That movie totally blew my mind. Super smart story. I remember on Facebook in my circle of friends everyone was trying to get people not to see it, saying it wasn't even scary. Totally missing the point.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By dichemstys

Went back and found the Boomer, that was awesome.

Duskwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Duskwind

Cabin in the Woods was definitely a refreshing departure from the traditional face of horror. For that reason alone, I give it a 7 out of 10. But it still wasn't particularly scary.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#95  Edited By Hailinel

@Duskwind: Honestly, I don't know if it was really meant to be that scary. Not when it's trying to be so meta and Joss Whedon the hell out of everything.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By handlas

Watched it tonight for the first time. It was really good I thought and I'm hard to please! Thought it was gonna go one way at the end and I was going to be disappointed but, instead, it did the best thing possible.

I read this thread ahead of time so I was looking for the Boomer and Witch and stuff. I didn't see any of that. Just the obvious ones like IT, Hellraiser, Anaconda and what-not.

Bradley Whitford was the best thing about the movie. He was hilarious. Loved the whole Merman thing.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By DeF

@handlas said:

Bradley Whitford was the best thing about the movie. He was hilarious. Loved the whole Merman thing.

Aww, COME ON!

:D

The tagline "you think you know the story" was really the perfect thing to put out there. I love how funny the movie was while still maintaining a lot of tension and throwing you off all the time. Love it. Can't wait for the Blu Ray to arrive (Joss/Drew audio commentary is probably just as awesome!)

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#98  Edited By zaccheus

The beginning of the movie was so good... All the office stuff kind of made the cabin scenes boring though but I think it pays off in the end.