• 94 results
#1 Posted by Hamst3r (4435 posts) -

#2 Posted by Hamst3r (4435 posts) -

Nada.

#3 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

D. I've been drinking coffee since I was a teen, it probably energized me back then. Now, in my 20's it doesn't do much.

#4 Posted by AlisterCat (5469 posts) -

I drink 4 litres of tea a day and it doesn't do anything.

#5 Posted by CaLe (3897 posts) -

I don't feel anything but I still have trouble sleeping if I've had coffee too soon before bed.

#6 Posted by face15 (1272 posts) -

I answered 3, but realistically I'm more like a 2.5.

#7 Posted by Slay3r1583 (599 posts) -

I have mixed results with caffeine. Pop doesn't do crap to me. With energy drinks there are times when I'll fall asleep an hour or two later and times when they will keep me awake for a long time.

#8 Posted by Spoonman671 (4523 posts) -

I don't drink coffee, and rarely drink soda, so I don't really know.

#9 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

The very few times I've drunk energy drinks for the sole purpose of energizing me it worked very well. Maybe it's because I practically never consume caffeine (in large doses present in things such as coffee).

#10 Edited by Stete (722 posts) -
#11 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I never really feel anything.

#12 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

I drink 4 litres of tea a day and it doesn't do anything.

I drink 2 litres a day and nothing.

Same with energy drinks. Maybe coffee is the only one that does something.

#13 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2717 posts) -
@face15 said:

I answered 3, but realistically I'm more like a 2.5.

#14 Posted by mosespippy (3973 posts) -

It used to wake me up in the morning when I was in high school. It doesn't anymore but I can still use it to keep me awake at night. So it is affective but the poll only refers to waking up so I will abstain from voting.

#15 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

Needed to be done.

#16 Posted by light_grenade (124 posts) -

It's been a while since caffeine had any effect on me. Used to wake me up though.

#17 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Nada. Once I discovered tea, I stopped drinking coffee, besides in the morning.

#18 Posted by wrecks (2197 posts) -

Lifeblood.

#19 Posted by EchoEcho (813 posts) -

Caffeine, sadly, doesn't do a whole lot for me. I honestly don't feel any different if I have a cup of coffee in the morning versus not having one. Still drink it pretty regularly, but not as a pick-me-up.

#20 Posted by Daiphyer (1301 posts) -

Caffeine makes me more sleepy.

#21 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

It makes me sleepy

#22 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

I don't drink coffee or tea. It's funny to see how people feel they need coffee so badly.

#23 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Caffeine slightly energizes me. Sadly, one of its...other qualities is almost always functional with me.

#24 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

I love my tea but I have never been able to get into coffee. I've never noticed any effects so I'm voting D.

#25 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Sleepy. 
A cup of coffee at night before bed or a Monster or Red Bull(Yeah ok, those last two are weak, but still) and I lie down and almost instantly fall asleep.

#26 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Small amounts like a cup of coffee really do nothing for me. Large amounts wake me up and make me more attentive but that's all.

#27 Posted by Cloneslayer (1620 posts) -

Nothing to me, but if my dad even has half a glass of Coke or the like, he won't be able to sleep all night.

#28 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6385 posts) -

I don't drink caffeine often, but when I do, my energy level is accurately decried in the fourth option,

#29 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

I just like the taste of soda. Which has led to my complete immunity of caffeine.

#30 Posted by captain_clayman (3318 posts) -

it kinda helps me wake up in the morning but not really. i just like coffee and soda and now if i don't drink it i get a headache, so...fuck.

#31 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I really can't tell, I don't drink them that often anymore, but energy drinks don't really do anything for me. I don't like Coffee either, I also get up early each day so that all may be a factor.

#32 Posted by Roger_Klotz (764 posts) -

Usually drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning to get me energized and more focused throughout the day. Since caffeine is also a diuretic, it also makes me pee like a motherfucker.

#33 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

A little bit of caffeine turns me into a motor mouth. Past that I have anxiety attacks or turn into a huge asshole.

#34 Posted by Gringus (64 posts) -

It makes me a jittery mess. I feel like a tweaker.

#35 Posted by Flawed_System (388 posts) -

I drink Tea occasionally. Usually don't have anything with caffeine.

#36 Edited by believer258 (11557 posts) -

Coffee can wake me up, so I guess a large dose of it? But even that doesn't fuel me for more than an hour.

Caffeine in general, though? It prevents me from going to sleep but doesn't actually wake me up more. Effects of having drunk it a lot since childhood.

#37 Posted by StarvingGamer (7906 posts) -

I used to drink caffeine all the fucking time but was getting sick of the headaches so one day I said fukkit and quit cold turkey.

Now I can barely handle any caffeine. On the rare occasions when I absolutely HAVE to drink coffee in order to stay awake for some work or while driving, I end up in this really crazy head-space of paranoia. Like I start worrying that I'm going to fall into the sky or spontaneously combust and shit like that.

#38 Posted by AlexW00d (6167 posts) -

Not much really, but it's ok 'cause I drink tea and coffee for the taste.

#39 Posted by crazyleaves (635 posts) -
@laserbolts

I don't drink coffee or tea. It's funny to see how people feel they need coffee so badly.

I guess laughing at addicts can be funny?
#40 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

It doesn't work on me either.

#41 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

Im really bad at judging this kind of thing for some reason, but Im pretty sure it doesn´t do shit to me, I do enjoy drinking it though.

#42 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

If I don't have a cup of coffee int he morning I get a really bad headache and basically can't function. I have an addiction.

#43 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

Caffeine doesn't really have any noticeable effect on me. If I drink gallons of caffeinated beverages before going to bed, I'll stay awake for longer than normal but I don't feel any less tired or more energetic. And one or two cups won't even keep me awake longer than normal.

#44 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

I need it in the morning to get up, it's got to be at least a cup and a half, but more like three. It is effective for me until 2:30pm but then I want to fall asleep. It resumes being effect from 5-7 but then after dinner it does nothing, I want to fall asleep.

#45 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

Where's the: Caffeine makes me shit, a lot.

#46 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

It does make me a little more aware, but I have drinked caffeine for so long the effect isn't so strong anymore.

#47 Edited by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

@crazyleaves said:

@laserbolts

I guess laughing at addicts can be funny?

Yes it's pathetic and sad. That's what makes it funny.

#48 Posted by JaredA (818 posts) -

Energy drinks don't really do anything for me anymore, but give me a cup of black coffee and I will be so energetic I will twitch for hours!

#49 Posted by SomeJerk (3130 posts) -

My sister begged to get to try coffee when she was a child, and when I worked with her at the same shop a few years back she would basically collapse and whine about being tired if she wasn't carrying two cans of red bull ready to chug, on top of the coffee she had for "breakfast" at home, the caffeine bar she had on the ride to work, and the early morning brew at work. She got better after she got pregnant but jesus christ. Compare her to some other gal her age who didn't get into caffeine, put them at physical work, stress their minds a little, see what happens to the one who doesn't get the caffeine she needs so bad. Same thing with nicotine addiction, it's sad to see how this terrible addiction puts people in mental, physical and financial ruin.

Take opium rectally instead. Better for your skin too.

#50 Posted by Village_Guy (2479 posts) -

Depends on the format. If we are talking normal then nothing, if we are talking in the version with the prefix Mr. then it's a party!

Fun fact: Studies show that people who drink 5 or more cups of coffee a day are twice as likely, as people who don't drink any coffee, to hallucinate.